Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) (61534 Views)

Ogenyi Onazi To Donate Boots To Nigerian Talents On His Return Home / Top 10 U-23 Talents In The NPFL / American-born Nigerian Talents Featuring At The Rio 2016 Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:02pm On Nov 10, 2016
zicky:
Its just like sending a js 3 student to write waec in the name of exposure. Nigeria should have use their U-13 or U-10 for a more better exposure, arrant nonsense. Btw the Iran U-16 don't need exposure

These are 16 - 17 years players. Owen, Rooney were known players within these ages. Yet, this ones are having this exposure now.

It is not only about winning. What of education? That is a big part of sports. This was a brilliant move.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by zicky(m): 11:15pm On Nov 10, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

These are 16 - 17 years players. Owen, Rooney were known players within these ages. Yet, this ones are having this exposure now.

It is not only about winning. What of education? That is a big part of sports. This was a brilliant move.
just like the Experience stuff, this Exposure talk is so annoying *hand on my ear* call me after the exposure. A team that could not cross their first hurdle(qualify for Africa U-17 tournament) want exposure, for what. A child that could not pass junior waec, wants exposure with senior waec, that's the height.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:18pm On Nov 10, 2016
zicky:
just like the Experience stuff, this Exposure talk is so annoying *hand on my ear*

These boys are our U17 team. Unfortunately, there is no U17 tournament for them. So the NFF used this tournament to keep them together and make them train together.

They are playing among top players. They will learn from this experience and improve.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by zicky(m): 11:28pm On Nov 10, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

These boys are our U17 team. Unfortunately, there is no U17 tournament for them. So the NFF used this tournament to keep them together and make them train together.

They are playing among top players. They will learn from this experience and improve.
we have an U-20 team that have no tournament to play, a tournament made for their age bracket is given to the U-16 and you call that "brilliant"?
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:32pm On Nov 10, 2016
zicky:
we have an U-20 team that have no tournament to play, a tournament made for their age bracket is given to the U-16 and you call that "brilliant"?

The U20 have no tournament to play but they are exposed. They won the U17 World Cup. These ones have no exposure.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Icon4s(m): 4:24am On Nov 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

The U20 have no tournament to play but they are exposed. They won the U17 World Cup. These ones have no exposure.
Exposed to what? angry

You carry a bunch of players of which a good number may not end up playing professional football to this kind of important tourney and you say its exposure.

This is a total waste.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Icon4s(m): 4:40am On Nov 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I said, do not say a player is more experienced than another. Tell us who is better not experience. A player uses experience to get better. If another is better, he should start. Not selecting a player because he is experienced.

We are giving this young lads the experience to get better. When it is time for selection, select the better player. Do not use a vague criteria like experience to drop a better player.

I hope you get my point.

U are just contradicting ur self.

The other day, i asked u if Iheanacho is not better now than he was 2 yrs ago and u said something like "he is better but not bc of experience".

When u say a player is better i wonder what u TheGoodJoe think are the indices to qualify a player as being better.

No body is saying u should pick a player only bc he is more experienced than the other. After all the other day i pointed out that i would pick Iwobi and iheanacho over Aluko. I also said Success is currently better than Ighalo.

U said now that "experience makes a player better". That is the simple truth but it also depends on the talent inherent in that player.

The argument was on the goal keeping position. Akpeyi is a tested goalie and far more experienced than Alampasu. Akpeyi has never disappointed in the Eagles shirt. And u would prefare an Alampasu that plays in the 3rd division in Portugal who has never had a Super Eagles cap to be thrown into that Algeria game.

I dnt care how u look at it Alampasu cannot do the job better than Akpeyi whether he is shinning in training or nt. Can he even co-ordinate that defense?
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Icon4s(m): 4:42am On Nov 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

No, i say again. They are 15-16 yrs olds. And some may be 14.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:01am On Nov 11, 2016
Icon4s:

No, i say again. They are 15-16 yrs olds. And some may be 14.

And they will learn from this tournament.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:04am On Nov 11, 2016
Icon4s:

The other day, i asked u if Iheanacho is not better now than he was 2 yrs ago and u said something like "he is better but not bc of experience".

When u say a player is better i wonder what u TheGoodJoe think are the indices to qualify a player as being better.

No body is saying u should pick a player only bc he is more experienced than the other. After all the other day i pointed out that i would pick Iwobi and iheanacho over Aluko. I also said Success is currently better than Ighalo.

U said now that "experience makes a player better". That is the simple truth but it also depends on the talent inherent in that player.

The argument was on the goal keeping position. Akpeyi is a tested goalie and far more experienced than Alampasu. Akpeyi has never disappointed in the Eagles shirt. And u would prefare an Alampasu that plays in the 3rd division in Portugal who has never had a Super Eagles cap to be thrown into that Algeria game.

I dnt care how u look at it Alampasu cannot do the job better than Akpeyi whether he is shinning in training or nt. Can he even co-ordinate that defense?

I said, Iheanacho is better but you can not tag him an experienced player. I said, he is still a youngster and learning.

I also highlighted when my brother said, Iheanacho is even getting better. The key word is better not experience.

So I do not want us saying we want a player in a particular role because he is the experienced option. He should play that role because he is the best in the role. If the youngster is better, he should play.

No contradiction.

2 Likes

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:10am On Nov 11, 2016
Icon4s:

You do not know if Alampasu can do the job or not. The job of the coaches is to discover the better player. Not the tried and tested player. We need the best in each role including the goalie. Not the tried and tested.

If an 18/19 year old De Gea could keep for Atletico Madrid to win the Europa League, then a 19 year old can surely do a good job in a qualifying game against Algeria.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:16am On Nov 11, 2016
Icon4s:

Exposed to what? angry

You carry a bunch of players of which a good number may not end up playing professional football to this kind of important tourney and you say its exposure.

This is a total waste.

This is about building the team for future games and this Exposure is huge for them. You said a good number, will not play. How many U17 players make it from the bunch? It is about discovering and promoting the Alampasu's, Iheanacho's and Success of tomorrow.

We keep building and raising the next generation. Some 16-17 years players playing1-0 with an Iran team shows what we have in store with these players.

The NFF showed vision this time and earned my respect.

This is not a waste, this is a big investment in the future of Nigerian football. This is like saying it is a waste carrying out the screening and U17 process is a waste because many would not become to stars. It is not it is a big investment that shows dividends.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:19am On Nov 11, 2016
zicky:

Yes it is genius. The U17 team have some exposure. They won the U17 World Cup. These boys need exposure to grow and this tournament is doing it.

It is brilliant because the NFF is investing big in the future of the next generation.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:21am On Nov 11, 2016
zicky:
just like the Experience stuff, this Exposure talk is so annoying *hand on my ear* call me after the exposure. A team that could not cross their first hurdle(qualify for Africa U-17 tournament) want exposure, for what. A child that could not pass junior waec, wants exposure with senior waec, that's the height.

That is why I am impressed with the NFF. Unlike most NFF crews we had in the past, this administration is not looking at results but looking at improvement overtime. They are showing faith in the young players scouted.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:36am On Nov 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You say let us give chances then you want the NFF not give this lads chances. They have no exposure. The ones you want the NFF to play are exposed. They have played and won a World Cup at a junior level.

Simple, this was a good opportunity to expose this lads. It is another set we are raising.

I said give the RIGHT people the chance. So after winning a world cup they should stay home and rot? Lets punish them for winning.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:42am On Nov 11, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

I said give the RIGHT people the chance. So after winning a world cup they should stay home and rot? Lets punish them for winning.

We gave exposure to the Amunike winning team after a rigorous screening exercise. The exposure came in the U17 World Cup and we are grateful to them for their passionate and devoted service. We got some among the promising players to watch out for in the future. Players like Orji Okonkwo, Victor Osimhen and Kelechi Nwakali.

We ran another screening process after that and we need to give this next set the exposure to grow. This will keep the pool of bright players of the Super Eagles growing. We should welcome the intelligent choice of the NFF to use the Suwon U19 tourney is a means to expose these players and keep them playing together.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by komekn(m): 10:14am On Nov 11, 2016
amagunnerfan:
I wonder why NFF can't employ some of us on here to help with their scouting. The level of the scouting done via the previous youth threads is amazing.

Which our football body can swallow their prides and engage the passionate people on here.

I can talk about England specifically and the UK generally.

From my estimation almost 90% of premiership academies have at least 4/5 players of Nigerian origin.
This cuts across all age groups from U6 all the way to U23.

The issue of age cheating is TOTALLY not relevant here as concept of football age is non existent.

You will see some of these players on TV or in matches, others you will not, but have no doubt, Iwobi is not the only quality forward player in his age group of Nigerian origin in the UK. However, the politics of big money clubs, agents and manager preferences as well as outright racism. Does not allow us the opportunity to see or even hear about them.

I welcome this thread.

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:42pm On Nov 12, 2016
And so it ends..... We were virgins in front of goal and simply outclassed by more exposed and super experienced battle-hardened teams.... U-20s vs U-16s... Lads with UCL, EPL, International experience Vs Lads with local academy soccer tricks... Haba!!! na wa ooo... So much for exposure shaa... Hope they picked up a whole lot.....

SUWON INVITATIONAL: EAGLETS THRASHED BY S/KOREA 3-0, CONCEDES 12 GOALS IN THREE MATCHES

Credit: Twitter | South Korea FA

Nigeria’s U-17 boys lost their third and final game of the Suwon Continental Cup U-19 national soccer world championship, they were thrashed 3-0 by hosts South Korea in the four-nation invitational.

South Korea went top of the table, defeating Iran (3-1), England (2-1) and Nigeria.

The Manu Garba tutored team lost all three of
their games the first against England (8-1), Iran
(1-0) and Today’s result.

The Eaglets failed to qualify for the Africa U-17
Cup of Nations in Madagascar next Year.

Source: http://footballlive.ng/footballnews/9ja-news/suwon-invitational-eaglets-thrashed-by-skorea-3-0-concedes-12-goals-in-three-matches/
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by joseph1013: 3:09pm On Nov 12, 2016
Even South Korea lashed us. South Korea! What a wasted opportunity!
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by dkay51(m): 4:32pm On Nov 12, 2016
joseph1013:
Even South Korea lashed us. South Korea! What a wasted opportunity!

South Korea also beat England with all their stars...so there's no need for the emphasis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by zicky(m): 7:20am On Nov 13, 2016
When a Nigeria team loses to Iran, then you know that team is wack.

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:13am On Nov 13, 2016
zicky:
When a Nigeria team loses to Iran, then you know that team is wack.

An U17 team losing 1-0 to an Iranian U19 team can not receive the wack classification.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by zicky(m): 12:14pm On Nov 13, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

An U17 team losing 1-0 to an Iranian U19 team can not receive the wack classification.
It was an U19 tournament and nothing stops us from using our U19 team save for "Exposure"
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:17pm On Nov 13, 2016
zicky:
It was an U19 tournament and nothing stops us from using our U19 team save for "Exposure"

Something stopped us. We carried a rigorous screening process to discover the next talents to grow in the country. We used this tournament to give them exposure. What these boys learnt from this will stay with them for a life time.

Their coaches will understand their weak points to work on and the team will gel faster. It is not always about immediate results.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by zicky(m): 3:55pm On Nov 13, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Something stopped us. We carried a rigorous screening process to discover the next talents to grow in the country. We used this tournament to give them exposure. What these boys learnt from this will stay with them for a life time.

Their coaches will understand their weak points to work on and the team will gel faster. It is not always about immediate results.
You don't give mediocres, wack players exposure, its like beating a horse to drink water. You can take them to Jupiter in the name of "exposure" still won't change anything, sending a Nani to mars or Venus won't change him to a Ronaldo

2 Likes

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:58pm On Nov 13, 2016
zicky:
You don't give mediocres, wack players exposure, its like beating a horse to drink water. You can take them to Jupiter in the name of "exposure" still won't change anything, sending a Nani to mars or Venus won't change him to a Ronaldo

They are not mediocre or wack. They are kids getting exposure in a ground of professionals.

Ejaria plays for Liverpool. This is a God example, compared to kids in academies in Nigeria.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by komekn(m): 8:57pm On Nov 13, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

They are not mediocre or wack. They are kids getting exposure in a ground of professionals.

Ejaria plays for Liverpool. This is a God example, compared to kids in academies in Nigeria.

Ovie Ejaria had been at Arsenal for quite a few years when at the age of 14 or thereabouts Liverpool bought him and not for peanuts. That effectively meant he would be given priority to succeed.

Comparatively the same followed for
Jordan Ibe bought for £1million at 16
Raheem Sterling, bought for £1million at 14, Olu Ojo about £1.8 million at 14.

So in effect none of these players were produced by Liverpool.

Exposure will allow you to express your talent if you actually have any, it will not produce or create talent.

2 Likes

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:56pm On Nov 14, 2016
komekn:

Ovie Ejaria had been at Arsenal for quite a few years when at the age of 14 or thereabouts Liverpool bought him and not for peanuts. That effectively meant he would be given priority to succeed.

Comparatively the same followed for
Jordan Ibe bought for £1million at 16
Raheem Sterling, bought for £1million at 14, Olu Ojo about £1.8 million at 14.

So in effect none of these players were produced by Liverpool.

Exposure will allow you to express your talent if you actually have any, it will not produce or create talent.

It seems you do not understand we fielded a very young team against U19 teams. This was a move to give them exposure and there is no way they did not learn massively from it.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by joseph1013: 8:44pm On Nov 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

It seems you do not understand we fielded a very young team against U19 teams. This was a move to give them exposure and there is no way they did not learn massively from it.

LOL. That was a move to humiliate and deflate them. No chance for them to shine and make them visible to scouts. So sad!
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:51pm On Nov 14, 2016
joseph1013:

LOL. That was a move to humiliate and deflate them. No chance for them to shine and make them visible to scouts. So sad!

It will not humiliate them. Young teams receive thrashing. I doubt coach Garba told them to go out there to thrash teams. In young players, it is about the education and having fun at the same time. They learnt a lot and it will help them as they keep developing.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by joseph1013: 9:04pm On Nov 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

It will not humiliate them. Young teams receive thrashing. I doubt coach Garba told them to go out there to thrash teams. In young players, it is about the education and having fun at the same time. They learnt a lot and it will help them as they keep developing.

Having fun by getting thrashed 8 - 0 ; the biggest whooping in our underage football. I think it's more fun for you to see them humiliated, right?

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:34pm On Nov 14, 2016
joseph1013:

Having fun by getting thrashed 8 - 0 ; the biggest whooping in our underage football. I think it's more fun for you to see them humiliated, right?

It is not about the results but their development. You are the one breaking your head. These young boys got the chance to play against Pros. It means a lot to them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply)

Why Footballers Get Cautioned When They Take Of Their Shirt To Celebrate A Goal? / Ronaldo Dragged After Super Cup Loss. Pictures! / Barcelona Players Receive Customized Iphone 11 Pro Max As Christmas Gifts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.