Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) - Sports (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) (61588 Views)

Ogenyi Onazi To Donate Boots To Nigerian Talents On His Return Home / Top 10 U-23 Talents In The NPFL / American-born Nigerian Talents Featuring At The Rio 2016 Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:01am On Nov 18, 2016
Republic Of Ireland Ahead Of Nigeria In Race
For Services Of Manchester United Wonderkid Odubeko, Four Talents

The Football Association of Ireland are ahead of
their Nigerian counterparts in the race to secure
the international future of five exciting teenagers, allnigeriasoccer.com understands.

Villa FC pair Tega Agberhiere and Timi Sobawale
were called up to the Republic of Ireland U15
national team training camp last month, and they were joined in the get-together by Festy Ebosele and Roland Idowu of St Joseph’s Boys.

Sobawale and Ebosele went on to make their
international debut for the U15s in their goalless
draw against Poland in Lomza on Tuesday
afternoon and they were joined in the starting XI
by Manchester United wonderkid Ademipo
Odubeko.

If Odubeko decides to pledge his international
future to Republic of Ireland at senior level, he
won’t be the first player of Nigerian descent to
represent the Green Army, and will only be
following in the footsteps of one of the best
defenders to play for Manchester United, Paul
McGrath.

Queens Park Rangers winger Olamide Shodipo
and Stoke City’s Shola Ayoola turn out for the
youth teams of Republic of Ireland.

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21114
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by kentAire(m): 11:26am On Nov 18, 2016
joseph1013:

You know you've not answered my question, right? Name one football powerhouse who use this kind of approach to develop their talents; countries who go for competitions and line up U15 to play Champion-league level footballers for exposure. I just need one country! I will accept your theory if you can mention that country
Well Nigeria just did it!!!
If u b god small man no go rise.
It's called long term planning.

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by joseph1013: 11:35am On Nov 18, 2016
kentAire:

Well Nigeria just did it!!!
If u b god small man no go rise.
It's called long term planning.

It's called being stupid and ruining the chances of promising kids. It's so painful someone like you cannot see how psychologically hurtful this is to the kids. I'm not surprised all of you supporting this atrocious act cannot name any other country doing it.

3 Likes

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:39pm On Nov 18, 2016
Failed Arsenal Target “Nigerian Robben” Chukwueze Rejoins FC Porto Ahead Registration For UEFA YOUTH LEAGUE (UYL)

Nigeria youth international Samuel Chukwueze
will in the coming days return to Portuguese
giants FC Porto to properly start his career as a
player of the team.

Nicknamed “Nigerian Robben” , he returned back to Nigeria after spending few months in Portugal with the U-18 of the Portuguese giants, where he will team up with another Nigerian Moses John, who is also with the U-18s.

He will turn professional on the 22nd of May (next year) but he is eligible to be registered by the team for their UEFA youth league campiagn, which is part of the reason why he is returning back to Portugal.

Chukwueze was one of the shining lights for Nigeria at the 2015 U-18 World Youth Chanpionship, which Nigeria won in Chile and he was also one of the few positives in the ill fated attempts by the U-20s to qualify for next year Africa youth championship.

English Premiership giants Arsenal were close to
signing him but the move broke down due to
disagreements over his actual valuation in terms
of transfer fee.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/18/failed-arsenal-target-nigerian-robben-chukwueze-rejoins-fc-porto-ahead-registration-for-uyl/

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:07pm On Nov 18, 2016
Flying Eagles Sensation Bamgboye Turning
Heads At Szombathelyi Haladas Trials

Former Golden Eaglets star Funsho Bamgboye,
has started trials with Hungarian outfit Szombathelyi Haladás, with a view to being offered a contract, allnigeriasoccer.com
understands.

Bamgboye, who left the shores of the country on Tuesday, has impressed officials of the OTP Bank Liga club in his first few days of training.

It should be noted that the Aspire Academy
product is still a minor, and can only sign a
professional contract with Szombathelyi Haladás
as from January 9, 2017, when he attains the age of majority.

Bamgboye put himself in the shop window at the 2015 Fifa U17 World Cup, scoring one goal in the showpiece game against Mali as the Golden Eaglets won the tourney for the fifth time.

He is represented by influential agent Greg
Keenan, who is well known for brokering the deal that brought Swedish coach Lars Lagerback to Nigeria in 2010.

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21119

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:22pm On Nov 18, 2016
NIGERIA YOUNGSTER ORJI OKONKWO SET
TO DEBUT FOR BOLOGNA

Orji Okonkwo in line for Serie A debut with Bologna on Sunday

U20 Nigeria forward Orji Okonkwo is in line to
make his Serie A debut for Bologna at home
against Palermo on Sunday after he was named in the match day squad.

“I am in the match day squad for the match on
Sunday,” Okonkwo said.

“I feel great. It’s a big opportunity for me.

“For an 18-year-old to play in the Italian Serie A
you must do something really extra and work
hard.

“God did it for me and I am very happy.

“I am looking forward to play as many matches as possible with the first team.”

The former Nigeria U17 and U20 star has been
assigned Jersey number 30 in the senior team
He has netted four goals in six matches in the
second team of Bologna.

Source: http://africanfootball.com//news/664833/Nigeria-youngster-Orji-Okoronkwo-set-to-debut-for-Bologna

2 Likes

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:40pm On Nov 18, 2016
Nigeria Revive U15s To Stop USA From Luring SuperKid Omidiji Jnr, Who Could Be Named Captain

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has
concluded plans to revive the Nigeria U15’s, a
move many view as a way of keeping hold of
some promising Nigerian teen born in the
diaspora particularly Lateef Omidiji Jnr.

FC Dordrecht teen sensation Omidiji jnr is rated as one of the top prospects in European football
among players of his age, with some even
claiming he is highly rated than 13 year old
Scottish wonder-kid Karamoko Dembele.

It is widely believed that he will be named captain of the Nigerian team when assembled later in the year, as a means of keeping him away from the clutches of other nations.

Omidiji Jnr qualifies to represent the Netherland
and USA aside Nigeria, and only recently USA
stole a march on Nigeria by calling him up to their U-14s for a training camp.

In what looked like a swift response, a top brass of the NFF told Owngoalnigeria.com, that
preparations towards reviving the country’s U-15s is well and truly underway, and they are expected to play some games in December.

Coach Danladi Nasidi who handles the country’s
U15 will be briefed about the recent development by the NFF before the end of the next month.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/18/nigeria-revive-u15s-to-stop-usa-from-luring-superkid-omidiji-jnr-who-could-be-named-captain/

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 18, 2016
Following
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:17am On Nov 19, 2016
Arsenal Loanee Nwakali Dazzles, Wins Penalty As Loan Side Secure Comeback Win In Five Goal Thriller

Former Nigeria U17 and 20 captain Kelechi
Nwakali was among the best players for his loan
side MVV Maastricht as they recovered from losing their lead and going behind to beat Fortuna Sittard 3-2.

On loan from Arsenal till the end of the season,
the 18 year old won the spot kick from which his side took the lead in the 29th minute, after he was upended in the box after a strong run.

He twice came close to scoring with efforts that
brought out strong saves from the opposition
goalkeeper as his side pushed to put the game to bed.

Nwakali lasted the entire duration of the game,
bossing and dictating play from his role on the
left side of midfield for his team who ran out 3-2
winners, and remain top of the second division
table in Holland.

Voted as the Most Valuable Player of the last U-17 World Cup, his recent fine form will no doubt interest the Arsenal hierarchy who sent him out on loan to gain sufficient game time before returning back to the Emirates.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/18/9295/

2 Likes

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:06pm On Nov 19, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
NIGERIA YOUNGSTER ORJI OKONKWO SET
TO DEBUT FOR BOLOGNA

U20 Nigeria forward Orji Okonkwo is in line to
make his Serie A debut for Bologna at home
against Palermo on Sunday after he was named in the match day squad.

“I am in the match day squad for the match on
Sunday,” Okonkwo said.

“I feel great. It’s a big opportunity for me.

“For an 18-year-old to play in the Italian Serie A
you must do something really extra and work
hard.

“God did it for me and I am very happy.

“I am looking forward to play as many matches as possible with the first team.”

The former Nigeria U17 and U20 star has been
assigned Jersey number 30 in the senior team
He has netted four goals in six matches in the
second team of Bologna.

Source: http://africanfootball.com//news/664833/Nigeria-youngster-Orji-Okoronkwo-set-to-debut-for-Bologna

Such is life, after the world cup who gave this boy a chance as the first to make a major debut? Not me for one. Now he is a step closer to the super eagles.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by komekn(m): 8:21pm On Nov 19, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Republic Of Ireland Ahead Of Nigeria In Race
For Services Of Manchester United Wonderkid Odubeko, Four Talents

The Football Association of Ireland are ahead of
their Nigerian counterparts in the race to secure
the international future of five exciting teenagers, allnigeriasoccer.com understands.

Villa FC pair Tega Agberhiere and Timi Sobawale
were called up to the Republic of Ireland U15
national team training camp last month, and they were joined in the get-together by Festy Ebosele and Roland Idowu of St Joseph’s Boys.

Sobawale and Ebosele went on to make their
international debut for the U15s in their goalless
draw against Poland in Lomza on Tuesday
afternoon and they were joined in the starting XI
by Manchester United wonderkid Ademipo
Odubeko.

If Odubeko decides to pledge his international
future to Republic of Ireland at senior level, he
won’t be the first player of Nigerian descent to
represent the Green Army, and will only be
following in the footsteps of one of the best
defenders to play for Manchester United, Paul
McGrath.

Queens Park Rangers winger Olamide Shodipo
and Stoke City’s Shola Ayoola turn out for the
youth teams of Republic of Ireland.

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21114

Can I ask what Race

For a country like Ireland they may seem exceptional talent. I have my doubts about being good enough for Nigeria. Consider where the bulk of Republic of Ireland's players come from, what level they play at. and that tells a big part of the story.

A word of caution as much as I highlight players of Nigerian origin playing in the UK a good percentage are technically deficient comparative to most Nigerian players. They are not comfortable on the ball the emphasis on pass and move, strength and sheer doggedness. Means they lack the guile, skill, and technique to fit into the Nigerian youth teams.

Watched Liverpool vs Manchester United U18's play a 3-3 draw thus afternoon. Well drilled, disciplined and focused however, beyond that very little to make noise about. Not up to three players in both teams are technically gifted enough with the skill, panache, and technique to get into our U17's.

However, there are still a lot of players of Nigerian origin with the guile, technical swagger and ability to make it, that you may not see in the bigger clubs. For a host of non footballing reasons.

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Icon4s(m): 8:48pm On Nov 19, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Such is life, after the world cup who gave this boy a chance as the first to make a major debut? Not me for one. Now he is a step closer to the super eagles.

Career advancement in football is not like Arithmetic Progression. As u rightly put it, this boy might get a Super Eagles call-up even before the likes of Awoniyi, Osimhen, K. Nwakali, and Yahaya.

3 Likes

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:16pm On Nov 20, 2016
Flying Eagles Ace Kingsley Michael Confident Of Clinching Bologna Deal

Flying Eagles midfielder, Kingsley Michael has
expressed happiness with Italian Serie A club
Bologna over a proposed move.

The 2015 FIFA U17 World cup winning star who
recently returned from a trial with the coach
Roberto Donadoni-led side disclosed that he is confident of bagging a contract.

Michael however admitted that decision remains with his London based agent Femi Olaniran over the deal but prayed for a favorable outcome.

“I am very happy with the choice of Bologna over a proposed move. Their developmental system is fantastic, ” Michael informed
allnigeriasoccer.com.

“I am sure that things will work in my favour after having a successful trial with them.

“I leave everything in the hand of God and my
agent to decide but I pray for a favourable
outcome.”

It will be recalled that Bologna have in their ranks another Nigeria U-20 star Orji Okonkwo who signed a professional contract with the club when he turned 18.

Another Nigeria star, Sadiq Umar, is also at
Bologna on loan from Roma.

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21141

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:22pm On Nov 20, 2016
Flying Eagles Ace Orji Okonkwo Debuts For
Bologna First Team In Serie A win Over Palermo

Red hot Nigerian teen Orji Okonkwo made his
Serie A bow for Bologna as speculated by
Owngoalnigeria.com as they ran out 3-1 winners
over Palermo.

Okonkwo has settled down nicely in Italy since
moving to Bologna in the summer, with four goals in five games for the Primavera side, he was rapidly promoted to the first team.

The injury to Nigerian forward Sadiq Umar opened the door for him to be part of the squad for the tie against Palermo, and the 18 year old was introduced by coach Roberto Donadoni in the 90th minute for Luca Rizzo with Bologna
comfortably leading Palermo 3-1.

He was brought in as a substitute on the dot of
90 minutes for his first professional game since
turning professional in the summer. Okonkwo was a part of the Nigeria U-17 team that won the World Youth/cadet Championship in Chile last year.

Although the Nigeria U-20 team failed to qualify
for the Africa Youth Championship, Okonkwo was one of the best players for the team during their ill fated attempt to qualify for the tournament.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/20/flying-eagles-ace-orji-okonkwo-debuts-for-bologna-first-team-in-serie-a-win-over-palermo/
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by safarigirl(f): 10:52pm On Nov 20, 2016
komekn:

Don't mean to take the biscuit but those guys look far from being U23
i concur.

They look no younger than 27

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:27am On Nov 21, 2016
ORJI OKONKWO DELIGHTED WITH WINNING DEBUT AT BOLOGNA

Orji Okoronkwo debuted for Bologna on Sunday

Nigeria youngster Orji Okonkwo has said he will forever remember when he made a winning
debut for Serie A side Bologna.

Bologna won 3-1 at home against Palermo Sunday with Nigeria U20 star Okonkwo an 89th minute replacement for Rizzo Lucas.

“I started my campaign in the Serie A on a
winning note, this is a plus for me,” said the 18-
year-old forward, who won the FIFA U17 World
Cup in Chile last year.

“This is one thing I will forever remember this
day, the first day I played my professional match for a league club in Europe.

“How do I thank the coach for believing in me
and promoting me to the senior team?

“I am indebted to the coach and my agent
Kingston Olaniyan for the right counsel and
constant reminder of how you can achieve
greater heights as a professional footballer.

“It was a very sweet victory.”

Source: http://africanfootball.com//news/665552/Orji-Okoronkwo-delighted-with-winning-debut-at-Bologna

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by olu98: 1:52pm On Nov 21, 2016
komekn:

Can I ask what Race

For a country like Ireland they may seem exceptional talent. I have my doubts about being good enough for Nigeria. Consider where the bulk of Republic of Ireland's players come from, what level they play at. and that tells a big part of the story.

A word of caution as much as I highlight players of Nigerian origin playing in the UK a good percentage are technically deficient comparative to most Nigerian players. They are not comfortable on the ball the emphasis on pass and move, strength and sheer doggedness. Means they lack the guile, skill, and technique to fit into the Nigerian youth teams.

Watched Liverpool vs Manchester United U18's play a 3-3 draw thus afternoon. Well drilled, disciplined and focused however, beyond that very little to make noise about. Not up to three players in both teams are technically gifted enough with the skill, panache, and technique to get into our U17's.

However, there are still a lot of players of Nigerian origin with the guile, technical swagger and ability to make it, that you may not see in the bigger clubs. For a host of non footballing reasons.
u watched anoda man utd under 18s, united alone av gomes(barca target),chong,dj buffonge,boonen,hamilton,lee Oconnor,josh bohui, and d hattrick hero callum gribbin(compared to both giggs and becks).gribbin is even d oldest at united(17).they will spank Nigeria under 19.i follow united academy matches alot.brewster from Liverpool is a very fine player.so don't just rate them on one match.nigeria under 17 my foot(a disgrace at suwon).
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by safarigirl(f): 9:19pm On Nov 21, 2016
olu98:
u watched anoda man utd under 18s, united alone av gomes(barca target),chong,dj buffonge,boonen,hamilton,lee Oconnor,josh bohui, and d hattrick hero callum gribbin(compared to both giggs and becks).gribbin is even d oldest at united(17).they will spank Nigeria under 19.i follow united academy matches alot.brewster from Liverpool is a very fine player.so don't just rate them on one match.nigeria under 17 my foot(a disgrace at suwon).

You watched another nigerian U19 at suwon, if it was Osimhen, K.Nwakali, Orji, Chukwueze and co, what is suwon?

Una go dey waste time dey watch all those yeye club academies that 90 % of the players will eventually amount to nothing in professional football. All these club-obsessed people that will be disturbing national team threads

1 Like 1 Share

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:55am On Nov 22, 2016
Olomola Outshines John Terry, Ola Aina &
Tomori But Southampton Lose To Chelsea In
PL2

Southampton’s Nigerian striker Olufela Olomola
registered his name on the scorecard in his side’s 3-2 loss to a strong Chelsea side in Premier League 2 on Monday.

The Chelsea squad featured a number of first
team players in the shape of John Terry, Cesc
Fabregas, Ola Aina and Michy Batshuayi, and
Nigerian youngsters Dominic Solanke and Fikayo
Tomori joined the quartet in the starting XI, while Ike Ugbo started on the bench.

Southampton took the lead in the seventh minute when Olomola slotted low into the bottom corner after a well worked move.

The Blues scored two goals in the last three
minutes of the contest through Batshuayi and
Van Ginkel to secure a third league win of this
campaign.

Olomola subbed out in the 63rd minute, Tomori, Aina and Solanke lasted the distance and Ugbo entered into the fray with 20 minutes remaining.

The former Arsenal talent is the third highest
goalscorer in Premier League 2 (Division 1) with 5 goals to his name, 2 less than Manchester City’s Paolo Fernandes and Charles Vernam of Derby County, who lead the way.

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21161
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:20pm On Nov 22, 2016
Nigerian Messi, Obi On The Mark For Watford Against Charlton U23s

Charlton Athletic extended their unbeaten run in the Professional Development League 2 South to eleven matches following their hard fought 2-1 win over Watford on Monday.

The game staged at the DGS Marine Stadium had three players of Nigerian descent in the starting eleven of their respective teams, Ogo Obi, Ola Adeyemo (both Watford) and Josh Umerah (Charlton).

The visitors broke the deadlock four minutes out of intermission courtesy of Ogo Obi, hailed as the Nigerian Messi in these parts, who pounced on a short back pass before firing home from close range.

Obi and Adeyemo had three chances to win the
game for the Hornets but were unlucky not to
score, before Mikhail Kennedy smashed into the
net with two minutes of injury time remaining.

The three Nigerian talents played the full game.

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21165

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:03pm On Nov 23, 2016
EXCLUSIVE: German Side Launch Bid For
Trencin Giant Nigerian Centre Back Dubbed “Metersacker”

According to scoops gathered by Owngoalnigeria.com transfer expert, about two
second division German team are keeping a close eye on AS Trencin of Slovakia Nigerian defender Maduka Christopher Udeh.

Kaduna born Maduka is one of the five Nigerians at the club, after joining the club that recently signed Nigeria internationals Uche Nwofor and Rueben Gabriel in January.

19 year old Maduka who is above six feet tall had a slow start to his career in Slovakia. Making just two appearances in his first six months at the club, but this season he has grown into one of the mainstay of the defence for the champions.

So far he has played in their six games in
European cup games this season, featuring in
their four champions League qualifiers tie with
another two appearance in the Europa League
qualifiers under his belt.

Domestically he has played in their three league
games this season, with a red card to his name
picked up in the game against Zlate Moravce.

His performances has caught the interest of
teams in Germany, according to a close friend of
the defender dubbed the “Nigerian Mertesacker”.

A nickname he earned due to his almost same
heigh with Arsenal and Germany World Cup
winning defender Per Mertesacker.

”Udeh could move to Germany in January, I can
confirm to you that two second division team
have sounded out his handlers. Hopefully
discussions will start in earnest regarding a
transfer” He told Owngoalnigeria.com.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/23/exclusive-german-side-launch-bid-for-trencin-giant-nigerian-centre-back-dubbed-metersacker/

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:12am On Nov 25, 2016
EXCLUSIVE: Jos Academy Left Wing Dazzler
Michael Gets Green Light To Complete Monaco Transfer

According to reports exclusively gathered by
Owngoalnigeria.com Kingsley Michael whose
move to Monaco has been held up by the French Embassy, has been issued travelling visa to complete his move.

The 18 year old left wing dazzler was scouted few years ago at a tournament in Abuja by scouts from the principality outfit, but his immediate move suffered visa hitch.

He was twice turned down by the French
Embassy in Abuja. However it appears like his
waiting days are over as he was reportedly issued a visa to complete his move in January.

Comfortable as a left full back or winger, he is
expected to team up with the U-18s of the team, that once had Super Eagles Elderson Echiejile on their books.

The most popular Nigerian to have played at the club still remains Victor Ikpeba who was voted African Footballer of the year during his time there, and his fine performances earned him the nickname Prince of Monaco.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/24/exclusive-jos-academy-left-wing-dazzler-michael-gets-green-light-to-complete-monaco-transfer/

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:17am On Nov 25, 2016
EXCLUSIVE: Nigeria Youth International Close To Agreeing Five Year Deal With Torino After Successful Trials

A member of the all conquering Nigeria U-17
team of 2015 John Lazarus is close to agreeing a
five year deal with Serie A side Torino.

Lazarus has been very impressive for the U-18s
of the team since the start of his trials two weeks ago, after he controversially absconded from Portugal where he was suppose to undergo trials.

Owngoalnigeria.com gathered that the 18 year
old who played in all of Nigeria’s game at the
U-17 World Youth Championship in Chile, entered talks over a deal at the start of the week.

A five year deal was reportedly proposed to his
intermediary who are now thrashing out terms of the deal, which could be made official barring any hiccups.

However he won’t be eligible to join the team
immediately until January, when registration
reopens for new players in the winter transfer
window.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/24/exclusive-nigeria-youth-international-close-to-agreeing-five-year-deal-with-torino-after-successful-trials/

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Pavarotti: 3:15pm On Nov 25, 2016
Arsenal Back For Unsettled Chelsea Wonder Kid Dominic Solanke

Arsenal are looking to step in and snap up Chelsea young star Dominic Solanke amidst the 19 year olds contract issues with Chelsea according to the Bleacher Report UK

Solanke scored seven goals in 25 appearances while on loan at Dutch club Vitesse Arnhem and has also impressed at Chelsea

However the teenager sparked off some controversy when he reportedly shocked Blues officials with demands for a new contract worth £50,000-a-week earlier in the year . . . http://www.soccerassembly.com/arsenal-back-unsettled-dominic-solanke/

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:15am On Nov 26, 2016
Arsenal Loanee Nwakali Turning Heads In
Holland After Another Sterling Performance For Loan Side

Arsenal teen midfielder Kelechi Nwakali who is
presently out on loan to Dutch second division
side MVV Maastricht had another game to
remember in their 3-0 win over FC Den Bosch.

Nwakali officially joined Arsenal this summer, but had to be loaned out to MVV Maastricht where he will be able to get games, that will aid his development as an 18 year old.

It took a while for the Most Valuable Player (MVP) of the last U-17 World Youth Championship to find his feet in the Netherlands, but he appears to have settled into his new surroundings.

Last weekend he was one of the star performers for the table toppers, a performance which he
reproduced against Den Bosch.

He will spend the rest of the season in the
Netherlands, from where his performances will
determine if he will be included in the pre-season plans of Arsenal.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/25/arsenal-loanee-nwakali-turning-heads-in-holland-after-another-sterling-performance-for-loan-side/

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Pavarotti: 7:53am On Nov 26, 2016
Kelechi Nwakali Wins Man Of The Match In Holland

Nigerian Gem Kelechi Nwakali is proving all the hype about him is not in any way misplaced as he continues to post 5 star performances for his Dutch Jupiler league side MVV Maastricht

The 18 year old Arsenal loanee who is now an integral part of the MVV Maastricht team was named Man of the Match as the star bearers defeated FC Den Bosch 3-0 on Friday

The young Nigerian was a delight to watch as he dictated the . . . http://www.soccerassembly.com/2244-2/

2 Likes

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:56am On Nov 26, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
EXCLUSIVE: Jos Academy Left Wing Dazzler
Michael Gets Green Light To Complete Monaco Transfer

According to reports exclusively gathered by
Owngoalnigeria.com Kingsley Michael whose
move to Monaco has been held up by the French Embassy, has been issued travelling visa to complete his move.

The 18 year old left wing dazzler was scouted few years ago at a tournament in Abuja by scouts from the principality outfit, but his immediate move suffered visa hitch.

He was twice turned down by the French
Embassy in Abuja. However it appears like his
waiting days are over as he was reportedly issued a visa to complete his move in January.

Comfortable as a left full back or winger, he is
expected to team up with the U-18s of the team, that once had Super Eagles Elderson Echiejile on their books.

The most popular Nigerian to have played at the club still remains Victor Ikpeba who was voted African Footballer of the year during his time there, and his fine performances earned him the nickname Prince of Monaco.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/24/exclusive-jos-academy-left-wing-dazzler-michael-gets-green-light-to-complete-monaco-transfer/

Good luck to this young man. Looks promising and a future star. Praying for your success young one.

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:59am On Nov 26, 2016
Pavarotti:

Arsenal Back For Unsettled Chelsea Wonder Kid Dominic Solanke

Arsenal are looking to step in and snap up Chelsea young star Dominic Solanke amidst the 19 year olds contract issues with Chelsea according to the Bleacher Report UK

Solanke scored seven goals in 25 appearances while on loan at Dutch club Vitesse Arnhem and has also impressed at Chelsea

However the teenager sparked off some controversy when he reportedly shocked Blues officials with demands for a new contract worth £50,000-a-week earlier in the year . . . http://www.soccerassembly.com/arsenal-back-unsettled-dominic-solanke/

Wow. Solanke looks built in that pic. It seems the young man is working hard in the gym to bulk up. Praying for the best.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:54am On Nov 27, 2016
Highly Rated Italian-Nigerian Teen Folorunsho In Line To Take Onazi Spot At Lazio

The exit of Super Eagles midfielder Eddy Onazi
frim Seria A side Lazio has paved the way for little known Nigerian teen Folorunsho Michael to take his spot.

Highly respected and regarded as one of the
promising talent coming through the youth ranks in Italy, the 18 year old made the set up from the U-18s to the Primavera side last season.

He wasted no time in settling into his new
surroundings, as he was rated among the best
players for the B team of Lazio, in the course of
their campaign in the youth league last season.

If he continues his steady progress through the
youth ranks of Lazio, his international future could spark a tug between Nigeria and Italy.

A midfielder by trade, he is eligible to represent
both Nigeria and Italy at international level, but
he is yet to be called up by any of the nations.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/27/highly-rated-italian-nigerian-teen-folorunsho-in-line-to-take-onazi-spot-at-lazio/

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:09am On Nov 27, 2016
NIGERIA YOUNGSTER ORJI OKONKWO IN
BOLOGNA MATCH-DAY SQUAD AGAIN

Orji Okonkwo signs for Bologna

Orji Okonkwo is set for his second appearance in the Serie A after the U17 World champion made his official debut last weekend.

Bologna are home to Atalanta on Sunday after a
3-1 win against Palermo the previous weekend.

“I hope to get more playing time as times goes
on, the most important thing now is that I am
with the main team, which is the huge step to my career,” Okonkwo said.

“I have never doubted my talent and I know and I believe that with God I will excel in this game.

“This is just the beginning of my career, I have a long way to go. I don't want to be compared to anyone, I just want to be myself and rise and
make other academy players believe that you can do it with right attitude and mentality.

“I am a core professional now with help of my
agents, Kingston Olaniyan and Danny Shittu,
former Super Eagles defender.”

Source: http://africanfootball.com/news/667077/Nigeria-youngster-Orji-Okonkwo-in-Bologna-match-day-squad-again

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Pavarotti: 11:55am On Nov 27, 2016
Nigerian Wonderkid Kelechi Nwakali Reveals The Club He Really Supports

MVV Maastircth Star Kelechi Nwakali has made a startling revelation about which team he has the most passion for and it’s not Arsenal

The 18 year old Nwakali who is at MVV on loan from Arsenal to get more game time and gain experience has revealed he is actually a fan of FC . . . http://www.soccerassembly.com/nigerian-wonderkid-kelechi-nwakali-reveals-club-really-supports/
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:13pm On Nov 27, 2016
Flying Eagles Ace Ipalibo Dazzles For Villarreal Against Valencia In Front Of Barcelona Scout -The Boy In 10 Is Good

The career trajectory of Nigeria U-20 midfield
dynamo Jack Ipalibo went up a notch higher
when he dazzled for the junior side of Villarreal
against Valencia, in front of scouts from
Barcelona.

Scouts from Barcelona were at the game to check on some other players, but the 18 year old stole the show, putting up a five star performance in a noticeable number as he was in jersey number 10.

Owngoalnigeria.com gathered that he received
glowing reports from the scout, who let out a bit
of his satisfaction with the Nigerian saying “the
boy in jersey number 10 (Ipalibo Jack) is very
good."

18 year old Ipalibo nicknamed “Nigerian Yaya
Toure” made the step up to the Flying Eagles
after missing out on a place with the U-17
winning team of 2015 but left the camp of the
Nigeria U-20 team, who were preparing for the
Africa Youth Championship qualifiers to seal a
three year deal with Villarreal.

Ipalibo joined the Yellow Submarines from
Diamond Academy in Nigeria this summer, but he has taken to life in his new surrounding really well judging by his performances for the youth team.

The Nigerian is highly rated by the club, and he
could make the step up to the main team faster
than earlier anticipated if he continues his steady rise in the youth team.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/27/flying-eagles-ace-ipalibo-dazzles-for-villarreal-against-valencia-in-front-of-barcelona-scout-the-boy-in-10-is-good/

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply)

Tour De France Hit By "Worst Crash Ever Seen" After "Idiot" Bumps Into Cyclist / Paul Pogba Celebrates Eid Mubarak With His Wife, Zulay / Ndidi Carries Both Musa And Iheanacho On His Back During Training (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.