Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,847 members, 7,813,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) - Sports (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) (61599 Views)

Ogenyi Onazi To Donate Boots To Nigerian Talents On His Return Home / Top 10 U-23 Talents In The NPFL / American-born Nigerian Talents Featuring At The Rio 2016 Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by joseph1013: 2:43pm On Nov 17, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

We are talking education. When Neymar was about nine, he trained with Old Santos players, it helped him and others grow. Iwobi as a kid used to play with Okocha. So, U16 playing pros will educate our boys. Food For thought.

You keep talking about santos academy training with the main team, Iwobi training with Okocha, and Neymar training with Old Santos, let me ask you: Was the Suwon tournament a competition or training session?

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by chrisooblog: 2:51pm On Nov 17, 2016
guys i'm with goodjoe on this the experience will be invaluable to these youngsters. better to chop 8-1, 3-0 now and become world beaters tomorrow than win convincingly deceiving ourselves that we have arrived whereas we are using ''oldsters'' who have less room for improvement
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by joseph1013: 3:02pm On Nov 17, 2016
chrisooblog:
guys i'm with goodjoe on this the experience will be invaluable to these youngsters. better to chop 8-1, 3-0 now and become world beaters tomorrow than win convincingly deceiving ourselves that we have arrived whereas we are using ''oldsters'' who have less room for improvement

What experience are you two talking about? Have you ever seen a football powerhouse parade U15 boys against professional footballers (playing in the Champions league) in any competition before? Just name one!

2 Likes

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by chrisooblog: 3:26pm On Nov 17, 2016
bro the only reason you are criticizing this team is because of the scandalous losses they got. if they had gotten decent results we won't be having this conversation. this tournament was a friendly meant for experimentation. i don't fault the wisdom in the nff giving the u17s that failed to qualify a chance at showcasing their talents since they will be most likely be forgotten after all this. who knows if we would be discovering a few hidden gems in their midst that we won't ordinarily have looked at because they failed at u17 level. you would probably argue that we should have sent them osimhen and kelechi nwakali's set but those guys by winning the last u17 world cup have exposed themselves to the world and some of them have gotten/are getting good contracts out of it.

joseph1013:

What experience are you two talking about? Have you ever seen a football powerhouse parade U15 boys against professional footballers (playing in the Champions league) in any competition before? Just name one!
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by joseph1013: 3:34pm On Nov 17, 2016
chrisooblog:
bro the only reason you are criticizing this team is because of the scandalous losses they got. if they had gotten decent results we won't be having this conversation. this tournament was a friendly meant for experimentation. i don't fault the wisdom in the nff giving the u17s that failed to qualify a chance at showcasing their talents since they will be most likely be forgotten after all this. who knows if we would be discovering a few hidden gems in their midst that we won't ordinarily have looked at because they failed at u17 level. you would probably argue that we should have sent them osimhen and kelechi nwakali's set but those guys by winning the last u17 world cup have exposed themselves to the world and some of them have gotten/are getting good contracts out of it.

You know you've not answered my question, right? Name one football powerhouse who use this kind of approach to develop their talents; countries who go for competitions and line up U15 to play Champion-league level footballers for exposure. I just need one country! I will accept your theory if you can mention that country

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by chrisooblog: 4:00pm On Nov 17, 2016
are we at the same level of those 'powerhouses' you mentioned? those countries have club sides with well run academies where you have u10, u13, u15, u16 teams so it will be easier to monitor and gather such players to play such competitions but us with our limited funding and scoop of operations have to maximize any small opportunities we have to give our youth players exposure.

to answer your question i know for a fact that the english don't usually send their best youth players to competitions like u17, u20 world cup because they would be too busy with their clubsides so their fa would send other youngsters to get exposure. i would check it out but i remember the spaniards winning one u20 euro tournament. when it was time for the main world cup they sent their u19 team

joseph1013:

You know you've not answered my question, right? Name one football powerhouse who use this kind of approach to develop their talents; countries who go for competitions and line up U15 to play Champion-league level footballers for exposure. I just need one country! I will accept your theory if you can mention that country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by joseph1013: 4:11pm On Nov 17, 2016
chrisooblog:
are we at the same level of those 'powerhouses' you mentioned? those countries have club sides with well run academies where you have u10, u13, u15, u16 teams so it will be easier to monitor and gather such players to play such competitions but us with our limited funding and scoop of operations have to maximize any small opportunities we have to give our youth players exposure.

to answer your question i know for a fact that the english don't usually send their best youth players to competitions like u17, u20 world cup because they would be too busy with their clubsides so their fa would send other youngsters to get exposure. i would check it out but i remember the spaniards winning one u20 euro tournament. when it was time for the main world cup they sent their u19 team

Good. Check it out and let's even leave out powerhouses now. Check it out and give me one country anywhere in the world where they make their U15/U16 play professionals in competitions.

Let me know when you check it. I will be here all day.

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:32pm On Nov 17, 2016
joseph1013:

You keep talking about santos academy training with the main team, Iwobi training with Okocha, and Neymar training with Old Santos, let me ask you: Was the Suwon tournament a competition or training session?

It was a competition that the NFF smartly chose to use to educate our U17 players they discovered. I wonder how I have to repeat the same thing again. We have a little exposure for our U20 boys because they won the U17. That tournament is not just for winning but the give our young players exposure.

That is what the NFF used the Suwon Tourney for. To expose and educate our youngsters.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:34pm On Nov 17, 2016
chrisooblog:

No need to go far. Nigeria '99, England did not carry their top rated youngsters like Michael Owen.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:35pm On Nov 17, 2016
joseph1013:

Good. Check it out and let's even leave out powerhouses now. Check it out and give me one country anywhere in the world where they make their U15/U16 play professionals in competitions.

Let me know when you check it. I will be here all day.

chrisooblog's point is very clear. We chose to do it to expose our players. Simple.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by joseph1013: 4:36pm On Nov 17, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

It was a competition that the NFF smartly chose to use to educate our U17 players they discovered. I wonder how I have to repeat the same thing again. We have a little exposure for our U20 boys because they won the U17. That tournament is not just for winning but the give our young players exposure.

That is what the NFF used the Suwon Tourney for. To expose and educate our youngsters.

So you know it was a competition yet you keep mentioning Neymar who was merely training with the Santos first team. How do they compare to the other? Exposure and education is what Iheanacho got when he trained with the Barcelona first team. Now asking the then U17 team to play the International Cup with Inter Milan, Madrid and City would be a foolish decision on the part of the NFF. But I won't be surprised if you support it, even asking that the U13 prosecute the matches all in the name of exposure.

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by joseph1013: 4:37pm On Nov 17, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

chrisooblog's point is very clear. We chose to do it to expose our players. Simple.

No wonder he could not give me any country that engages in such.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:41pm On Nov 17, 2016
joseph1013:

So you know it was a competition yet you keep mentioning Neymar who was merely training with the Santos first team. How do they compare to the other? Exposure and education is what Iheanacho got when he trained with the Barcelona first team. Now asking the then U17 team to play the International Cup with Inter Milan, Madrid and City would be a foolish decision on the part of the NFF. But I won't be surprised if you support it, even asking that the U13 prosecute the matches all in the name of exposure.

I mentioned Neymar and the Santos system of old players training with the Academy kids to help them grow. So you will understand exposure and education for young players. It was a friendly competition, not World Cup for goodness sake. We used this as a room to educate them.

The NFF deserves praise for their brilliant choice.

I am sure you would have told Robinho not to train with Neymar and his Academy team mates because you do not believe in exposing young talents through training with professionals.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by joseph1013: 4:52pm On Nov 17, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I mentioned Neymar and the Santos system of old players training with the Academy kids to help them grow. So you will understand exposure and education for young players. It was a friendly competition, not World Cup for goodness sake. We used this as a room to educate them.

The NFF deserves praise for their brilliant choice.

I am sure you would have told Robinho not to train with Neymar and his Academy team mates because you do not believe in exposing young talents through training with professionals.

How is young Neymar (one player) getting educated by playing in Santos main team training session comparable with an entire team of U15/U16 playing competitive matches against Champions-league level professionals the same thing?

You are in over your head this time around. No wonder you can't give me an example of another country engaging in this sort of thing.

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:59pm On Nov 17, 2016
joseph1013:

How is young Neymar (one player) getting educated by playing in Santos main team training session comparable with an entire team of U15/U16 playing competitive matches against Champions-league level professionals the same thing?

You are in over your head this time around. No wonder you can't give me an example of another country engaging in this sort of thing.

Santos is not one player. A lot of young kids play games with the old stars of the club. Some middle aged stars come to help play and educate the young ones. It is a club culture. Not a Neymar thing.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:00pm On Nov 17, 2016
joseph1013:

I think you are the one who missed it. I used the term an innovative idea. If you understand innovative, you will not ask for another country doing it.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by joseph1013: 5:17pm On Nov 17, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Santos is not one player. A lot of young kids play games with the old stars of the club. Some middle aged stars come to help play and educate the young ones. It is a club culture. Not a Neymar thing.

LOL. This is laughable! So you mean Santos organizes a competition where their youth teams play against their senior team? Cmon...what happens at Santos is what happens in every major club. They take promising players from their youth teams and ask them to train with the main team. During training, they fit them into one of the teams (Reserve or Main) and they play against each other. That's how the young ones learn. That's what is happening to Yahaya now at Porto. He is training with the main team.

Anyway...you win! Believe what you want.

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:01pm On Nov 17, 2016
joseph1013:

LOL. This is laughable! So you mean Santos organizes a competition where their youth teams play against their senior team? Cmon...what happens at Santos is what happens in every major club. They take promising players from their youth teams and ask them to train with the main team. During training, they fit them into one of the teams (Reserve or Main) and they play against each other. That's how the young ones learn. That's what is happening to Yahaya now at Porto. He is training with the main team.

Education. The concept is too simple. Education by exposure. The NFF used this competition to expose the talents discovered after a rigorous training.

As for Santos, I am showing you that kids can get educated playing with older players. What happens at Santos is not just young kids playing with senior members of their clubsides. I am talking of senior retired players, players who joined teams in Europe. Robinho was in Manchester City, during the break, he played games with the Academy boys. Neymar was about 15 years when this one happened. There were other instances when he was younger than 15. Other old players do this from time to time to educate these young boys.

Education By Exposure.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:02pm On Nov 17, 2016
joseph1013:

We are rubbing minds. No one is winning.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by BlackAlbino6(m): 6:47pm On Nov 17, 2016
[color=#0000][b][size=14pt]
Four Nigerian Talents Eligible To Represent Manchester City In FA Youth Cup
[/size]

Four players of Nigerian descent are eligible to represent Manchester City in the prestigious FA Youth Cup this season,
allnigeriasoccer.com understands.

Tom Dele-Bashiru, Elewa-Ikpakwu, Ashinme Kigbu and Nathanael Ogbeta can play in the competition as they were born between September 1st 1998 and September 1st 2001.

Dele-Bashiru, 17, is one of the exciting teenagers in England, and City have offered the attacking midfielder a professional contract which his camp is studying.

Kigbu, 17, is a central defender and had played five times for the U18 squad in the U18 Premier League this season; Elewa-Ikpakwu and Ogbeta have represented the England youth teams.

Man City will face Reading U18s at away at the Madejski Stadium next month, and the Royal could feature Nigerian trio Ade Shokunbi, Akinwale Odimayo and Leon Okuboyejo.

Igho Kingsley

www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21101
[/b][/color]

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by BlackAlbino6(m): 6:52pm On Nov 17, 2016
[color=#0000][size=14pt]
Nigerian Right Back Attracting Interest From Crystal Palace And Sunderland
[/size]

Nigerian defender Tobi Adebayo-Rowling is attracting interest from English Premier League clubs ahead of the opening of the January transfer window.

The Sunhas reported that Crystal Palace and Sunderland are keen on the signature of the Sligo Rovers right back after scouting him.

Born in London 20 years ago, Adebayo-Rowling started off his career with the youth team of Brighton & Hove Albion, followed by spells with Eastbourne Borough and Peterborough United.

After signing a professional contract with the Posh, he moved to Republic of Ireland top-flight team Sligo Rovers in 2016.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21107
[/color]
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by BlackAlbino6(m): 6:57pm On Nov 17, 2016
Exclusive : Sunderland, Crystal Palace Target Adebayo-Rowling Commits International Future To Nigeria Ahead Of England
[/size]

Tobi Adebayo-Rowling, who has been linked with a possible move to Sunderland and Crystal Palace as from the January transfer window, has pledged his international future to Nigeria, rather than England where he was born.

Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr is hunting for players to solve the problematic right fullback position, and Adebayo-Rowling is confident he can fill the boots of Chidi Odiah and Austin Eguavoen, who have since retired from the national team.

“I’d love too play for Nigeria as I’ve said it many times in the past, I said it on BBC Radio 5 Live the other day that is my dream,” Adebayo-Rowling told
allnigeriasoccer.com.

Asked about his qualities, he replied : “ I’ve got a lot of speed and power and work rate and also a good end product,
’I’d like too think of myself as someone very hard too get past as well, one main thing I’m lacking is goals at the moment but I’m working on it!”

Adebayo-Rowling was born in London twenty years ago to an English mom and a Nigerian dad, and can play for the Super Eagles if the Nigeria Football Federation invoke the grandfather rule.

He won Sligo Rovers Young Player of the Award last month following his impressive displays for the team in the league.

Ifeanyi Emmanue

www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21108
[/b][/color]

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Icon4s(m): 7:57pm On Nov 17, 2016
chrisooblog:

Bro, u dnt know the origin of this debate.

I personally kicked against we parading an U16 team for this tourney even before d NFF decided on which team to present.

This is a wasted opportunity. What a waste.

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:11pm On Nov 17, 2016
DISGRACED NIGERIA U19S U16s STRANDED AFTER NFF PAY THEM 5,000 NAIRA EACH

Coach Manu Garba led Nigeria U19s to Korea

Several Nigeria U19 players were stranded in
Abuja on return from the Suwon International
Tournament in South Korea after they were each
paid five thousand Naira as transport fare back to their bases.

“Some of the players were stranded and had to
send home for more money to add to the 5,000
Naira paid each of them before they could return home,” a source informed.

“At a point it even looked like nothing would be
paid to the team after they returned from Korea.”

Team officials received 10,000 Naira with head
coach Manu Garba paid double that amount.

The tournament organisers paid the NFF an
appearance fee besides paying for their flight
tickets and boarding in Korea.

The Nigeria U19s, made up by the core of the U17s who failed to qualify for next year’s U17 AFCON in Madagascar, posted a dismal outing at the invitational Suwon tourney.

They lost all three matches – 8-1 to England, 1-0 to Iran and 3-0 to hosts Korea – to finish rock bottom of the competition.

Source: http://africanfootball.com//news/664601/Disgraced-Nigeria-U19s-stranded-after-NFF-pay-them-5000-Naira-each
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:34pm On Nov 17, 2016
Flying Eagles Ace Jack Ipalibo Making Giant
Strides At Spanish Side Villarreal

Nigeria youth international Jack Ipalibo has
emerged as one of the key players for the youth
team of Spanish side Villarreal few months after
joining them.

He was an integral part of the Nigeria U-17 team of 2015 during qualifiers for the Africa youth championship but was dropped from the
tournament team that conquered the world due
to documentation issues.

18 year old Ipalibo nicknamed “Nigerian Yaya
Toure” made the step up to the Flying Eagles but left the camp of the Nigeria U-20 team, who were preparing for the Africa Youth Championship qualifiers to seal a three year deal with Villarreal.

Ipalibo joined the Yellow Submarines from
Diamond Academy in Nigeria this summer, but he has taken to life in his new surrounding really well judging by his performances for the youth team.

The Nigerian is highly rated by the club, and he
could make the step up to the main team faster
than earlier anticipated if he continues his steady rise in the youth team.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/17/flying-eagles-ace-jack-ipalibo-making-giant-strides-at-spanish-side-villarreal/

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:46pm On Nov 17, 2016
BlackAlbino6:
Exclusive : Sunderland, Crystal Palace Target Adebayo-Rowling Commits International Future To Nigeria Ahead Of England
[/size]

Tobi Adebayo-Rowling, who has been linked with a possible move to Sunderland and Crystal Palace as from the January transfer window, has pledged his international future to Nigeria, rather than England where he was born.

Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr is hunting for players to solve the problematic right fullback position, and Adebayo-Rowling is confident he can fill the boots of Chidi Odiah and Austin Eguavoen, who have since retired from the national team.

“I’d love too play for Nigeria as I’ve said it many times in the past, I said it on BBC Radio 5 Live the other day that is my dream,” Adebayo-Rowling told
allnigeriasoccer.com.

Asked about his qualities, he replied : “ I’ve got a lot of speed and power and work rate and also a good end product,
’I’d like too think of myself as someone very hard too get past as well, one main thing I’m lacking is goals at the moment but I’m working on it!”

Adebayo-Rowling was born in London twenty years ago to an English mom and a Nigerian dad, and can play for the Super Eagles if the Nigeria Football Federation invoke the grandfather rule.

He won Sligo Rovers Young Player of the Award last month following his impressive displays for the team in the league.

Ifeanyi Emmanue

www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21108
[/b][/color]

Good news. Yara Yara rubs his hands in joy.

Do not worry yourself too much with goals. We need that hard to get past for he return leg against Brahimi.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:50pm On Nov 17, 2016
Looolllll....... Abeg Brahimi na wicked fella... But this is good news shaa... Another one for us. smiley

TheGoodJoe:

Good news. Yara Yara rubs his hands in joy.

Do not worry yourself too much with goals. We need that hard to get past for he return leg against Brahimi.

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by komekn(m): 11:06pm On Nov 17, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

No need to go far. Nigeria '99, England did not carry their top rated youngsters like Michael Owen.

Once again you are wrong, Last time England played France you had quite a few very highly rated players. Who have played in the premiership.

They may have lost 3-2 to France two goals scored by Dembele (Celtic) who has been the best striker at youth level for the past 4 years in my opinion. Although he is now Celtics First choice striker. Watch the January transfer window and see what bids will come in for him.

But talking of players of Nigerian origin that played or are playing U21 for England Jordan Ibe £15 million to AFC Bournemouth, Tammy(Oghene-tega) Abraham Chelsea, Seyi Ojo bought for £1.8 million at 14/15. Of course you have Dominic Iorfa, Ademola Lukman, Joshua Onuma.

There are more but I will leave it at that and nearly all have had games in the premiership.

By the way most cat 1 academies have U6 teams talk about learning early.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:12pm On Nov 17, 2016
Anderlecht Sign 36 Lions Nigeria Under-23
trainees Ayomide & Suleiman

Nigerian duo of Kehinde Olatunji Ayomide and
Qudus Suleiman have reportedly joined Belgian
side Anderlecht, according to online pictures
picked up by Owngoalnigeria.com.

A picture of the duo penning contracts with the
blue jersey of Anderlecht posted on social media
application Instagram was picked up by our
correspondent.

The duo were both part of the first set of players called up by coach Samson Siasia of the Nigeria U-23s during preparation for the Olympics in Rio.

They however didn’t make the cut back then,
and if the picture is to be believed the move to
Anderlecht will be a step in the right direction for the 36 Lions duo.

Qudus played in Cyprus for sometime while
Ayomide has no track record of professional
football bar stints with grassroot team 36 Lions
owned by Liamed Gaffar.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/17/anderlecht-sign-36-lions-nigeria-under-23-trainees-ayomide-suleiman/
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:24pm On Nov 17, 2016
KAS Eupen Striker Henry Onyekuru Reacts
To CSKA Moscow RUMOURS

The rumoured transfer of prolific Nigerian forward Henry Onyekuru from KAS Eupen to CSKA Moscow which was first reported by
Owngoalnigeria.com has lead to a reaction from
the striker.

Although his Belgian side are yet to comment on the speculations, Russian side CSKA Moscow have however reacted to the story with Head of their scouting department Oleg Yarovinsky staying mute on the speculations.

”We have absolutely no comments on these
rumours”, he told rsport.ru when he was asked
about Owngoalnigeria.com exclusive story on the interest of the Russian side in the 19 year old Nigerian.

Onyekuru who has six goals and five assists in
the Belgian top flight league from 14 games this
season was asked by a close friend about the
interest.

“It’s all over the papers in Belgium and Russia. I am aware of it. All I can say now is pray for me, I
need the guidance of God above anything else”
He said in a social media chat with a friend
stumbled upon by Owngoalnigeria.com.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/17/kas-eupen-striker-henry-onyekuru-reacts-to-cska-moscow-rumours/

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by komekn(m): 12:01am On Nov 18, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Anderlecht Sign 36 Lions Nigeria Under-23
trainees Ayomide & Suleiman

Nigerian duo of Kehinde Olatunji Ayomide and
Qudus Suleiman have reportedly joined Belgian
side Anderlecht, according to online pictures
picked up by Owngoalnigeria.com.

A picture of the duo penning contracts with the
blue jersey of Anderlecht posted on social media
application Instagram was picked up by our
correspondent.

The duo were both part of the first set of players called up by coach Samson Siasia of the Nigeria U-23s during preparation for the Olympics in Rio.

They however didn’t make the cut back then,
and if the picture is to be believed the move to
Anderlecht will be a step in the right direction for the 36 Lions duo.

Qudus played in Cyprus for sometime while
Ayomide has no track record of professional
football bar stints with grassroot team 36 Lions
owned by Liamed Gaffar.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/17/anderlecht-sign-36-lions-nigeria-under-23-trainees-ayomide-suleiman/

Don't mean to take the biscuit but those guys look far from being U23

2 Likes

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:28am On Nov 18, 2016
Loooollllll....... wink
komekn:

Don't mean to take the biscuit but those guys look far from being U23

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply)

Ndidi Carries Both Musa And Iheanacho On His Back During Training (Photo) / Samir Nasri Banned From Football Over Intravenous Drip Treatment / Spain Vs Russia: World Cup 1(3) - 1(4) - On 1st July 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.