Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,724 members, 7,813,390 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) - Sports (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) (61584 Views)

Ogenyi Onazi To Donate Boots To Nigerian Talents On His Return Home / Top 10 U-23 Talents In The NPFL / American-born Nigerian Talents Featuring At The Rio 2016 Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by BlackAlbino6(m): 10:01pm On Nov 27, 2016
[color=#0000][b][size=14pt]
EXCLUSIVE: Why La-Liga Side Granada Deferred Plans To Sign Nigerian Forward Theophilus Solomon In January
[/size]

Owngoalnigeria.com has in it position a leaked e-mail conversation between an intermediary mandated to secure a transfer for hot in demand Nigerian forward Theophilus Solomon and Spanish side Granada.

Solomon who has six goals for modest side Istra, where he is on loan from table toppers HNK Rijeka is keen on leaving Croatia this summer, Granada are one among the many clubs that showed genuine interest in his services.

However per the mail sent to his representative, the Spanish side will not be making a move for him in the January transfer window, due to their precarious position on the league table in Spain.

They said, they will however keep a close watch on the 20 year old forward in view of signing him in the summer, based on their final standings on the log table.

It means Belgian side Standard Liege and Portuguese side Sporting Lisbon are now fully in the driving seat to sign the coveted forward who has 30 professional goals, including a hattrick in each of the season he has played as a professional footballer.

owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/26/exclusive-why-la-liga-side-granada-deferred-plans-to-sign-nigerian-forward-theophilus-solomon-in-january/
[/b][/color]
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by BlackAlbino6(m): 10:03pm On Nov 27, 2016
EXCLUSIVE: Real Madrid Keeping Close Watch On Spezia Nigerian Goal Machine Suleiman Abdullahi
[/size]

Reports exclusively gathered by Owngoalnigeria.com can confirm that Real Madrid are watching Spezia Nigerian forward Suleiman Abdullahi, who is presently scoring for fun in the Italian Primavera League.

Real Madrid got wind of his talents, when he scored twice against them in the final of a youth tournament in Croatia, where he finished as top scorer for Football Academy Abuja, who were Champions at the tournament.

The existing agreement between Serie B side Spezia and the Abuja Academy saw him move to them immediately after the tournament but Real Madrid have not stopped monitoring his progress.

Yesterday when Spezia captained by another Nigerian Tahir Maigini lost 4-1 to AC Milan in a Primavera game, scouts from the La-Liga giants were in attendance and the 17 year old scored the only goal for his team.

So far he has five goals in seven Primavera games, a tally that makes him the top scorer of his team, and also in the youth league in Italy which is closely followed by scouts of top European clubs.

owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/26/exclusive-real-madrid-keeping-close-watch-on-spezia-nigerian-goal-machine-suleiman-abdullahi/

[/b][/color]

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by BlackAlbino6(m): 10:05pm On Nov 27, 2016
Dream Team VI Star Sadiq Umar Urges Nigeria To Make Move For Italian-Nigerian Cesena Forward Franklyn Akammadu
[/size]

Bologna forward Sadiq Umar says Nigeria should establish contact with Cesena 18 year old forward Franklyn Akammadu, who is reportedly set to be called up to the Italian youth national team.

In the past Nigeria have lost the duo of Angelo Ogbonna and Chuka Okaka to Italy. 20 year old Umar is advocating that the football house in Nigeria establish contact with Akammadu to avoid losing him to Italy.

Umar who was one of the stars of Nigeria’s campaign at the Rio 2016 Olympics reckons, he has seen enough to convince him that Akammadu will come good in the nearest future.

” He is quick, skillful, strong and very good with both feet. He is highly rated here in Italy, presently he is the top scorer in the Primavera (Youth League)”. He told Owngoalnigeria.com.

”Too early to say he is ready for the main team but it will be good, if contact is made for future purposes. We can’t afford to lose him” He concluded.

owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/26/dream-team-vi-star-sadiq-umar-urges-nigeria-to-make-move-for-italian-nigerian-cesena-forward-franklyn-akammadu/

[/b][/color]

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by BlackAlbino6(m): 10:07pm On Nov 27, 2016
Ex England International Rates Inter-Milan Nigerian Whiz Kid Awua As Best Nigerian Teen Prospect
[/size]

Former England international John Fashanu says Inter Milan latest acquisition Theophilus Awua is by far the best local prospect he has seen in Nigeria the past years.

The Football Academy Abuja trainee caught the eyes of Fashanu during a tournament in Abuja, and the sweet talking former Wimbledon captain said he saw in him qualities that are rare in a midfielder.

Awua was yesterday signed up by Inter-Milan on loan from Serie B side Spezia for a fee in the region of €200,000, with an option of €2m outright purchase embedded in the contract.

”I watched him during a 6-aside- tournament in Abuja, he was voted the best player at that tournament, he is by far the best the best local prospect have seen in Nigeria in a while”. He told Owngoalnigeria.com.

”He is a midfielder who has the ability to score, pass, dribble and shoot. He is not scared of putting his body on the line and putting his head where it hurts, am so sure he will be a very big hit in Italy with Inter-Milan”.

owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/26/ex-england-international-rates-inter-milan-nigerian-whiz-kid-awua-as-best-nigerian-teen-prospect/
[/b][/color]

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by BlackAlbino6(m): 10:11pm On Nov 27, 2016
Kelechi Nwakali Has A Future At Arsenal – Wenger Assures Nigerian Loanee Turning Heads In Holland
[/size]

The fine form of Arsenal loanee Kelechi Nwakali for his loan side MVV Maastricht will earn him a chance at Arsenal according to manager Arsene Wenger.

18 year old Nwakali was farmed sent out on loan by Arsenal to Dutch side MVV Maastricht, where he is expected to get regular playing time which will aid his development.

Nwakali has picked up two man of the match award for table topping Maastricht who are the early season favorite to gain promotion to the top division in Holland.

The Most Valuable Player at the last U-17 World Cup in Chile, where he captained Nigeria to glory could get his chance at Arsenal before the start of next season, particularly in pre season games.

”We are keeping a close watch on our players out on loan, they are all under watch. At the end of the season, we will decide which of them will join strengthen us”, Wenger said when speaking about the chances of Jack Wilshere at Arsenal ahead of this weekend game against the loan side of the English man Bournemouth.

”The loan system has helped us a lot, usually players who go out on loan and do well have a future at Arsenal. Same goes for every player out on loan now”.

owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/26/kelechi-nwakali-has-a-future-at-arsenal-wenger-assures-nigerian-loanee-turning-heads-in-holland/
[/b][/color]

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by BlackAlbino6(m): 10:12pm On Nov 27, 2016
Nigerian Duo Bassey & Onyekuru On Target For Eupen In Six Goal Thriller Against Westerlo
[/size]

The Nigerian duo of hot in demand forward Henry Onyekuru and midfielder cum defender Anthony Bassey were both on target as Eupen played out an entertaining 3-3 draw against Westerlo in a Belgian league game.

Bassey helped Eupen take a 2-1 lead with a goal in the 20th minute, Westerlo levelled scores to 2-2 few minutes later. But Onyekuru scored his sixth goal of the season in the 47th minute to give his team a 3-2 lead.

However seven minutes later his goal was cancelled out, and Westerlo hanged on to pick a point despite twice going behind even though they scored the first goal of the game.

Heavily linked with a move to CSKA Moscow, the forward has been ever present for newly promoted Eupen this season, operating from the left side of the team’s attack.

On his part Bassey, a midfielder by trade, but can also play at right back has so far made 13 appearances in the league but the goal against Westerlo was his first for the season.

owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/26/nigerian-duo-bassey-onyekuru-on-target-for-eupen-in-six-goal-thriller-against-westerlo/
[/b][/color]

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by BlackAlbino6(m): 10:13pm On Nov 27, 2016
EXCLUSIVE: Three England Youth International Players Have Committed To Nigeria – NFF
[/size]

A top executive of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has exclusively confirmed to Owngoalnigeria.com that three England youth international have committed their senior international career to Nigeria.

Coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr has been busy trying to convince players of Nigerian heritage born abroad to commit their international future to Nigeria.

His desire to have the best legs represent Nigeria have also seen the president of the NFF Amaju Pinnick establish contact with some highly rated Nigerian teen footballers born abroad.

Already Pinnick has confirmed that talks are well underway with the likes of Chelsea teen forward Tammy Abrahams and Chelsea Ola Aina, while he has also given assurances on Liverpool Ovie Ejaria.

”We already have assurances from three England youth international over committing their future to the Super Eagles, am sorry I can’t give out their names” Vice President of the NFF Seyi Akinwunmi told Owngoalnigeria.com.

owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/27/exclusive-three-england-youth-international-players-have-committed-to-nigeria-nff/
[/b][/color]

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:11pm On Nov 28, 2016
NIGERIA YOUNGSTER ORJI OKONKWO WANTS
MORE PLAYING TIME IN SERIE A

Orji Okoronkwo

Nigeria youngster Orji Okonkwo has said he hopes to get more playing time in the Serie A with Bologna after he played his second pro game at the weekend.

Okonkwo, 18, was handed his second appearance in the Serie A in his team’s 2-0 loss at home to Atalanta on Sunday.

The Nigeria youth international was introduced
came in the 72nd minute and made an
impression with countless runs in the match and he almost registered his name on the score sheet, but for good defending by Atlanta.

“I believe my team deserved at least a point, but that is football for you,” he said.

“I played the way the coach wanted me to play
and I will continue working hard so as to get more time on the pitch.”

Bologna are now 14th on the table with 16 points from 14 matches.

Source: http://africanfootball.com//news/667688/Nigeria-youngster-Orji-Okonkwo-wants-more-playing-time-in-Serie-A
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:38pm On Nov 28, 2016
Man City Keeping Close Tabs On Enterprising Nigerian Forward Dennis Bonaventure Dubbed ” Nigerian Neymar”

Following the success of Kelechi Iheanacho at
Manchester City, the Etihad based outfit could yet add another Nigerian to their squad, going by reports gathered by the editorial staff of
Owngoalnigeria.com.

Scouts from English Premiership giants
Manchester City were in the stands when Zorya
took on Stal Kamianske in a Ukraine Premier
League game, with Nigerian 18 year old forward
Emmanuel Dennis Bonaventure starting for Zorya.

The 18 year old is reportedly one of the players
scouts of Manchester City came to watch
alongside other players, as the winners of the
Manchester derby step up their transfer activity
in the country where one of their latest signing
Oleksandr Zinchenko comes from.

Infront of the scouts of Manchester City,
Bonaventure was on for 72 minute before he was substituted for Denys Bezborodko in the game that ended 2-2. A product of Football Academy Abuja, he is nicknamed Neymar due to his similar hairstyle with that of the Barcelona Brazilian super star.

So far he has made four appearances for Zorya, in what is his first full season as a professional
footballer. He also has one goal to his name and
one caution picked up due to excessive
celebration after scoring in the league opener on
his professional debut.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/28/man-city-keeping-close-tabs-on-enterprising-nigerian-forward-dennis-bonaventure-dubbed-nigerian-neymar-2/
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Pavarotti: 10:45am On Nov 30, 2016
Red Hot Henry Onyekuru Scores Wonder Goal In Belgium (Watch)

Henry Onyekuru continued his fantastic run of form as he scored a spectacular solo goal to help his Belgian side AS Eupen knock Belgian giants Club Brugge out of the Belgian Cup on Tuesday evening at the Stadion am Kehrweg

The 19 year old Nigerian scored his sides second goal after turning the Brugge defence inside out and calmly beating the keeper in a goal reminiscent of Jay Jay Okocha’s wonder goal for Eintract Frankfurt

http://www.soccerassembly.com/red-hot-henry-onyekuru-scores-wonder-goal-belgium-watch/

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:52pm On Nov 30, 2016
Juventus On Alert As Inter-Milan Contract
Talks With On Loan “Nigerian Kante” Awua Stalls

Italian giants Juventus have sounded out Serie B side Spezia over the possibilities of signing
Theophilus Awua, who is presently on loan to
Inter-Milan for the rest of the season.

Awua was acquired by Inter-Milan on loan for
€200,000, but with an agreement to sign the 18 year old on a permanent deal in the summer of 2017 based on his progress for a fee of €2 million.

The Nigerian has progressed nicely with the
Primavera side of Inter-Milan distinguishing
himself in most of their games, but the upper
ends in the camp of the Nerazzurri are yet to ring up Spezia over a permanent deal.

”We are yet to hear from Inter-Milan over the
permanent signing of Awua, it’s still early days
yet, as we still have time on our hands but his
performances have alerted Juventus, they
contacted Spezia”, an official of Awua’s nursery
team in Nigeria Football Academy Abuja told
Owngoalnigeria

”Inter-Milan have first option of refusal but
there’s a time limit set for them to firm up their
interest with money over his permanent signing,
if that time elapsed without contact from Inter,
then teams like Juventus will snap him up”.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/30/juventus-on-alert-as-inter-milan-contract-talks-with-on-loan-nigerian-kante-awua-stalls/

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:45pm On Nov 30, 2016
Boyyy!!! Midhat Bajric? Wow! Bajric... In a super Eagles jersey one day.. How will that sound? Loolll... All the same, this is really nice smiley He's eligible for us thru his maternal grandfather.

15 Year Old German Born Whizkid With Nigerian Roots Opts For Eagles Ahead Of Germany And Croatia

One of the top rated prospects in German youth football set up Midhat Bajric dubbed the new David Alaba has committed his international future to Nigeria.

Born in Germany to a Croatian father and a
German mother with a Nigerian father (a german-Nigerian mother), the Nuremburg central defence kingpin says his parents are in support of his decision to dump Germany and Croatia for Nigeria.

Speaking to an online sports news outlet in
Nigeria FC Naija, the teen who distinguished
himself in a recent game for Nuremburg revealed he followed Nigerian football and footballers closely.

“Yes, that has been my dream; I am white by skin but Nigerian inside. I am a Nigerian, I like to
watch Nigeria football players, like Kelechi
Iheanacho, John Obi Mikel, Ahmed Musa and
others, so many of them. I want to say that I will
be very proud to play for Nigeria and make
Nigerians proud.

”My parents support my choice, though my
parents are no more together but they still
support my dream of playing for Nigeria. I want to visit Abuja and Lagos one day.

“I have been following Nigeria football, recently I watched them in Rio Brazil, I was so proud when they performed well.

“My role model is Kelechi Iheanacho, Victor Moses, John Obi Mikel and so many of them I can’t remember their names.”

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/30/15-year-old-german-born-whizkid-with-nigerian-roots-opts-for-eagles-ahead-of-germany-and-croatia/

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Icon4s(m): 6:18pm On Nov 30, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Boyyy!!! Midhat Bajric? Wow! Bajric... In a super Eagles jersey one day.. How will that sound? Loolll... All the same, this is really nice smiley He's eligible for us thru his maternal grandfather.

15 Year Old German Born Whizkid With Nigerian Roots Opts For Eagles Ahead Of Germany And Croatia

One of the top rated prospects in German youth football set up Midhat Bajric dubbed the new David Alaba has committed his international future to Nigeria.

Born in Germany to a Croatian father and a
German mother with a Nigerian father (a german-Nigerian mother), the Nuremburg central defence kingpin says his parents are in support of his decision to dump Germany and Croatia for Nigeria.

Speaking to an online sports news outlet in
Nigeria FC Naija, the teen who distinguished
himself in a recent game for Nuremburg revealed he followed Nigerian football and footballers closely.

“Yes, that has been my dream; I am white by skin but Nigerian inside. I am a Nigerian, I like to
watch Nigeria football players, like Kelechi
Iheanacho, John Obi Mikel, Ahmed Musa and
others, so many of them. I want to say that I will
be very proud to play for Nigeria and make
Nigerians proud.

”My parents support my choice, though my
parents are no more together but they still
support my dream of playing for Nigeria. I want to visit Abuja and Lagos one day.

“I have been following Nigeria football, recently I watched them in Rio Brazil, I was so proud when they performed well.

“My role model is Kelechi Iheanacho, Victor Moses, John Obi Mikel and so many of them I can’t remember their names.”

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/30/15-year-old-german-born-whizkid-with-nigerian-roots-opts-for-eagles-ahead-of-germany-and-croatia/

Maternal Grandfather u said?
That link though. undecided

Well, Let us see him playing first.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:29pm On Dec 01, 2016
German-Born Nigerian Defender Commits To
Super Eagles, Wants To Emulate Leon Balogun

15 year old German wonderkid Midhat Bajric who has committed his international future to Nigeria says the success of Leon Balogun with the Super Eagles is the motivation for him.

Bajric qualifies to play for Nigeria through his
mother, as she is a German with a Nigerian
father, is also eligible to represent Croatia based
on the fact that his father is from the country,
but the Nuremburg top prospect has his sight on the Super Eagles.

“I want to say that I will be very proud to play for Nigeria and make Nigerians proud. My parents support my choice, though my parents are no more together but they still support my dream of playing for Nigeria. I want to visit Abuja, Lagos one day.” He told FC Naija

“I am a central defender, that has been my
position and enjoy it so much. I look forward one
day to wear green white green. May be they will
invite me, I don’t know but I am so crazy about it.

“Leon is a very good player, in FSV MAINZ, He is
quite a strong player, I look at him and I think I
have got a chance in the Nigeria team.”

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/01/german-born-nigerian-defender-commits-to-super-eagles-wants-to-emulate-leon-balogun/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Petrobros: 7:11am On Dec 03, 2016
terzurum5:

Laughing at you in 3D gringringringrin

Laughing at u in 50D. grin

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by terzurum5(m): 7:41am On Dec 03, 2016
Petrobros:

Laughing at u in 50D. grin
My Oga you no try oooooo.
Replying my mention which I made on the12th of September, now is a hullabaloo gringrin.

Searches for the Official Planking Master of the thread for proper sanctions.

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Pavarotti: 8:55pm On Dec 03, 2016
Layton Ndukwu Brace Spoils Sheyi Ojo’s Return As Leicester Beat Liverpool

Nigerian Born winger Layton Ndukwu scored a brace one of them a sensational strike as Leicester City’s Development Squad round off their 2016/17 Premier League International Cup campaign with a 2-1 win over Liverpool at St. George’s Park on Saturday.

The Liverpool side had Sheyi Ojo who was returning from injury and expectedly continuing his rehabilitation with the developmental side but no Ovie . . . . http://www.soccerassembly.com/2347-2/
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:20pm On Dec 05, 2016
EXCLUSIVE: Nigeria Close In On Everton
Target Lookman To Dump England For Super Eagles

Owngoalnigeria.com understands that English
born Nigerian forward Ademola Lookman is
among the players coach of the Nigeria national
team Gernot Rohr is planning to meet in England.

Already close family friends of the Charlton
Athletic highly rated teen have been sounded out over Rohr’s visit, a sign of how well he is highly regarded by the coach of the Nigerian team.

Lookman heavily linked with a January move to
Everton has represented England at various
youth levels but he is still eligible for Nigeria as he is yet to play for England at senior level.

Highly rated and generally regarded as one of the finest prospects in English football, England are expected to put up a firm resistance to Nigeria luring the forward.

This season the 18 year old has found the back of the net four times from 18 games this season in the League One, one goal shy of his last season total of five in 24 games for the Addicks before they were relegated from the Championship.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/05/exclusive-nigeria-close-in-on-everton-target-lookman-to-dump-england-for-super-eagles/

2 Likes

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:23pm On Dec 05, 2016
Ex England International Suggest Man City
Defender Adarabioyo Could Dump England For Nigeria If….

Former England international John Fashanu says Manchester City highly rated teen defender Tosin Adarabioyo could dump England for Nigeria, if the West African nation secures qualification for the next World Cup in Russia.

18 year old Adarabioyo is widely regarded as one of the top teen defenders in England following a string of fine performances for Manchester City in their pre season games.

Born to a Nigerian father and an English mother, the centre back is highly regarded by Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola as an integral part of the future of the team.

Adarabioyo is reportedly keen on representing
England ahead of Nigeria where his parents hail
from, however Fashanu believes he has no
chance of playing for England at the next World
Cup but could stand a chance with Nigeria.

The former captain of Wimbledon told
Owngoalnigeria.com in a chat that players are
usually moved by the prospect of playing at the
senior World Cup.

”It’s a no brainer, If Nigeria qualifies for the World Cup, I doubt if Adarabioyo will say no to Nigeria if they approach him, it’s key for every player to play at the World Cup and the pull might be too much for him to resist, especially if England are not in for him” He said.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/05/ex-england-international-suggest-man-city-defender-adarabioyo-could-dump-england-for-nigeria-if/

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:26pm On Dec 05, 2016
Toronto Whizkid Akinola Ends 2016 With 19
Goals For USA U17 After Scoring Against Brazil

Toronto FC Academy product Ayo Akinola scored and bagged an assist as the United States U17 National Team wrapped up group play at the 2016 NIKE International Friendlies Tournament with a 3-0 thrashing of Brazil.

Akinola started the onslaught when he pounced
on a defensive error to open the scoring two
minutes before the interval, before he provided
the assist for Josh Sargent’s goal in the 51st
minute.

Akinola’s strike against the South Americans took his tally at the NIKE Tournament to four goals and he was the joint top scorer for the Americans along with Sargent and Andrew Carleton.

He tallied two goals in United States’ 5-1 rout of
Turkey and was on the scoresheet versus Portugal in the team’s opener.

Ayo Akinola leads the U-17 MNT in scoring with 19 goals in 2016.

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21301

2 Likes

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:35pm On Dec 05, 2016
Bundesliga: London Born German-Nigeria
Left Full Back Okoroji Makes The Step Up At
Augsburg

Coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr will no doubt monitor the progress of ex Bayern Munich Nigerian teen prospect Chima Okoroji who has just made the step up to the B team of Augsburg.

Rohr is looking to bolster his options at left full
back with Elderson Echiejile the only credible
option in the role, no thanks to Kingsley Madu
lack of game time at Belgian side Zulte-Waregem.

Although Okoroji might not be an instant solution, his progress could however be monitored especially if he makes his first team bow before the end of the season.

Already he has made the step up from the U-19s to the B team within a space of one year, with just one more step to the main team, he could make his debut anytime soon.

19 year old Okoroji joined Augsburg on a free
transfer from Bayern Munich in January 2015
after three years at the Allianz Arena where he
failed to make a professional appearance for the
German giants.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/05/bundesliga-london-born-german-nigeria-left-full-back-okoroji-makes-the-step-up-at-augsburg/

2 Likes

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:18pm On Dec 05, 2016
EXCLUSIVE: Genk Shopping For Ndidi
Replacement In Nigeria, Line Up Two Nigeria
U-17 Stars For Trials

Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively revealed that Belgium side Genk have started the search for a replacement for Leicester City bound Wilfred Ndidi, and they are currently mulling over two Nigerian teens.

Ndidi will join Leicester City in January after a fee which could rise to £18m was agreed for his
transfer by the Premier League Champions, and
the 19 year old appears to have opened the door for more Nigerians to be recruited by the club.

Since joining Genk in January of 2015, he has
made a total of 61 appearances, but he
experienced a strong rise in his career and
market value when he was moved from central
defence to defensive midfielder.

The fact that Genk will be making a huge profit
from his sale has made them line up two players
from the all conquering Nigeria U-17 World Cup
team of 2013.

We gathered one of the players they are targeting is presently injured while the other recently failed to move abroad after turning 18, but Genk are still willing to hand him a trial.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/05/exclusive-genk-shopping-for-ndidi-replacement-in-nigeria-line-up-two-nigeria-u-17-stars-for-trials/

3 Likes

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:09pm On Dec 05, 2016
IS PROSPER OJUKWU NIGERIA’S FUTURE
RASHEED YEKINI?

ETISALAT U15

The youngster shone at the Etisalat U-15 School Cup in sensational style by scoring 20 goals. Does this mean the country will have someone like the legendary striker anytime soon?

The Etisalat U-15 School Cup was one that
brought the whole country together. With the
best two teams from four regions battling for
ultimate glory in Lagos, the tournament lived up
to its billing of ‘connecting champions.’

While Asegun Comprehensive High School
representing Oyo State came out on top in the
final by defeating Folsa Academy from the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) 4-3 on penalties after it ended 2-2 in regular time, it was the performance of Folsa’s Prosper Ojukwu that stood out in the entire competition.

The captain of the Abuja side scored a staggering 20 goals in the school competition. He bagged 14 goals during the regionals held in Ilorin, Kwara State with the highlight being his eight goals in his team’s 8-0 thrashing of Government Day Secondary School, Plateau State. He then added six goals more in the national finals but it was rather unfortunate all of that didn’t translate to title triumph.

That however does not hide the brilliance of this young lad.

Ojukwu was the star man of the competition as
he bagged the Cliqlite Man of the Match award
three times, something no other player could
boast of. While one can sympathise with his team not laying hold of the trophy, this teenage
sensation must be celebrated as a future
prospect for Nigerian football.

Prosper Ojukwu has picked Manchester City and Nigeria’s Kelechi Iheanacho as well as Paris Saint Germain’s Angel Di Maria as his role models with the desire to play for Manchester United in future.

While these are fantastic players to idolise
particularly Iheanacho whose fine performances
for both the Citizens and Super Eagles has given
youngsters hope that the future is very bright for the country’s football.

Prosper’s brilliance has led some to compare him with the legendary Rasheed Yekini. What else would Yekini be known for if not goals. In a 14 year stint with the Super Eagles, the Kwara state native bagged 37 goals in 58 appearances, making him Nigeria’s leading marksman. Since the late forward retired from the national scene in 1998, no one has come close to matching that number. Could Ojukwu be the one to look out for in breaking it?

Yekini was known to be very physical, having
loads of strength and agility. This enabled him to
get ahead of defenders into the goalscoring
positions. This can also be attributed to Ojukwu.
He constantly got the better of defenders in the
Etisalat U-15 School Cup and the result was that
he scored goals for fun.

The Folsa man is an effective shooter, with his left, the stronger foot. Prosper also possesses great pace which he uses to good effect on the field of play. Ojukwu was the captain of Folsa Academy and he was a charismatic leader on the pitch ensuring his side kept their heads up even when moments were frantic. Would he be the future Super Eagles captain?

Source: http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/25522/etisalat-u15/2016/12/05/30077472/is-prosper-ojukwu-nigerias-future-rasheed-yekini

2 Likes

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by enomakos(m): 6:42am On Dec 06, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
IS PROSPER OJUKWU NIGERIA’S FUTURE
RASHEED YEKINI?

The Etisalat U-15 School Cup was one that
brought the whole country together. With the
best two teams from four regions battling for
ultimate glory in Lagos, the tournament lived up
to its billing of ‘connecting champions.’

While Asegun Comprehensive High School
representing Oyo State came out on top in the
final by defeating Folsa Academy from the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) 4-3 on penalties after it ended 2-2 in regular time, it was the performance of Folsa’s Prosper Ojukwu that stood out in the entire competition.

The captain of the Abuja side scored a staggering 20 goals in the school competition. He bagged 14 goals during the regionals held in Ilorin, Kwara State with the highlight being his eight goals in his team’s 8-0 thrashing of Government Day Secondary School, Plateau State. He then added six goals more in the national finals but it was rather unfortunate all of that didn’t translate to title triumph.

That however does not hide the brilliance of this young lad.

Ojukwu was the star man of the competition as
he bagged the Cliqlite Man of the Match award
three times, something no other player could
boast of. While one can sympathise with his team not laying hold of the trophy, this teenage
sensation must be celebrated as a future
prospect for Nigerian football.

Prosper Ojukwu has picked Manchester City and Nigeria’s Kelechi Iheanacho as well as Paris Saint Germain’s Angel Di Maria as his role models with the desire to play for Manchester United in future.

While these are fantastic players to idolise
particularly Iheanacho whose fine performances
for both the Citizens and Super Eagles has given
youngsters hope that the future is very bright for the country’s football.

Prosper’s brilliance has led some to compare him with the legendary Rasheed Yekini. What else would Yekini be known for if not goals. In a 14 year stint with the Super Eagles, the Kwara state native bagged 37 goals in 58 appearances, making him Nigeria’s leading marksman. Since the late forward retired from the national scene in 1998, no one has come close to matching that number. Could Ojukwu be the one to look out for in breaking it?

Yekini was known to be very physical, having
loads of strength and agility. This enabled him to
get ahead of defenders into the goalscoring
positions. This can also be attributed to Ojukwu.
He constantly got the better of defenders in the
Etisalat U-15 School Cup and the result was that
he scored goals for fun.

The Folsa man is an effective shooter, with his left, the stronger foot. Prosper also possesses great pace which he uses to good effect on the field of play. Ojukwu was the captain of Folsa Academy and he was a charismatic leader on the pitch ensuring his side kept their heads up even when moments were frantic. Would he be the future Super Eagles captain?

Source: http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/25522/etisalat-u15/2016/12/05/30077472/is-prosper-ojukwu-nigerias-future-rasheed-yekini
let them invite him to the national u-15 team first

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:00pm On Dec 06, 2016
Ex-Nigeria U15 Sensation Bonaventure Vows
To Shoot Down Manchester United

Former Nigerian national U-15 team forward Dennis Emmanuel Bonaventure is in line to make his ninth appearance for former Ukrainian champions Zorya Luhansk in their UEFA Europa
league game on Thursday.

Bonaventure, who spots the number 42 jersey, turned 19 last month and has scored once in
his first eight games of his debut season in
Europe.

He played alongside Taiwo Awoniyi, Chidera Eze,
Kelechi Iheanacho, Akpan Udoh, John Lazarus
among others in the national U-15 team and is
known for his pace, strength and good dribbling
abilities in addition to his finishing prowess.

His agent, Dr. Leonard Maduabum says
Bonaventure is capable of inflicting a reasonable
damage on Jose Mourinho led Manchester United at the Chornomorets Stadium in Odessa, Ukraine.

“He received a knock about four days ago but is
back in training and will definitely play a part
against Manchester United.

“Nigerians should watch out for the player with
jersey number 42, he will be out to hurt
Manchester United.” Leonard said.

Zorya are bottom of group A of the UEFA Europa League with just two points and would only be playing for pride on Thursday when they confront Manchester United.

Zorya Luhansk once had Nigerian striker Lucky
Idahor on their payroll.

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21321

2 Likes

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:02pm On Dec 06, 2016
That's a great idea. Coach Nasidi should take note of this lad even as he has eyes on Omidiji Jnr. smiley

enomakos:
let them invite him to the national u-15 team first

2 Likes

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:42pm On Dec 08, 2016
Official : Most Promising Nigerian-Born Youngster In Championship Renews His Wolves Vows

With a statement published on their official webpage, Wolverhampton Wanderers have announced that they have extended their
collaboration with Nigerian-born frontman Bright
Enobakhare.

The 18-year-old will now remain at the Molineux
Stadium until June 30, 2019, having appended
his signature to a fresh two-and-a-half year
contract, with an option for an extra year in the
club’s favour.

Enobakhare has made ten appearances for the
first team of Wolves since his debut against
Barnet in the League Cup on August 2015,
scoring once.

He began his career in England with Northfield
Town Juniors F.C, before signing for Wolves in
2014 following a successful trial.

Bright Enobakhare is widely regarded as the most talented Nigerian-born youngster playing for a Championship team, bearing in mind that the likes of Tammy Abraham ( Bristol City) and Viv Solomon-Otabor (Birmingham City) were born in England.

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21336

2 Likes

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:46am On Dec 09, 2016
Chile 2015 Eaglet Chukwueze Wins Diamond
Cup MVP Award

Former Golden Eaglets forward Samuel
Chukwueze was named the Most Valuable Player
at the 2016 Diamond Cup following stellar
performances in the three-day competition which ended on Wednesday in Umuahia.

The Chile 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup star scored a stunning free-kick in the first match and provided three assists on Diamond Football Academy's way to winning the competition for the first time after losing last year's final to Abia Warriors' feeder team.

The Diamond team which also included former
U-23 defender Chukwuebuka Iroha thrashed an
all-star team of other participating clubs selected by Super Eagles coach Salisu Yusuf 3-0 to lift the trophy.

The MVP award which was sponsored by First City Monument Bank came with a cash prize and also refrigerator. Other award winners included Odinaka Anaeto who won Diamond Academy player of the month award, Mohamed Doumbia of Ivory Coast who was the MVP award second runner-up and 17-year old Michael Dominion who went home with a cash prize and a Plasma TV after winning the Golden Boot.

Presenting the award, the Vice Chairman of the
technical committee of the Nigerian Football
Federation Alhaji Ahmed Fresh hailed the
President of Diamond Football Academy Prince
Martin Apugo for his commitment to the
development of football in Nigeria.

Source: http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/chile-2015-eaglet-chukwueze-wins-diamond-cup-mvp-award/

2 Likes

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:13am On Dec 09, 2016
FC Porto Loanee Chidera Ezeh Progressing
Nicely At Table Toppers Portimonense

FC Porto on loan Nigerian forward Chidera Ezeh is making an impression with his loan side
Portimonense, who are currently leading the
second division table in Portugal.

Talented Eze moved to FC Porto after the U-17
World Youth Championship in 2013 which Nigeria won, and after few years with their youth sides he signed a five year professional deal early this year.

Ezeh joined Portimonense on loan after helping
the U-18s of Porto lift the junior league last
season, and so far after a slow start he has
featured in their last two games.

He is on loan to Portimonense for the rest of the
season, after which he could return back to FC
Porto to team up with the other Nigerians on the
books of the club.

At the moment, the Portuguese side have seven Nigerians on their payroll namely Mikel Agu, Chidozie Awaziem, Musa Yahaya, Moses John, Samuel Chukwueze and Fidelis Irhene.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/09/fc-porto-loanee-chidera-ezeh-progressing-nicely-at-table-toppers-portimonense/

2 Likes

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:16am On Dec 09, 2016
KANO PILLARS SNAP UP GOLDEN EAGLETS
STRIKER NAZIFI YAHYA

Adamu Mohammed remains with Kano Pillars

Kano Pillars have announced they have signed
Golden Eaglets star striker Nazifi Yahya.

“We have signed Nazifi as part of our effort to
encourage young players,” disclosed Pillars
spokesman Idris Malikawa.

“He has already been impressive in training, he
scored three goals in one of the trainings.”
Nazifi is from the Eaglets Class of 2016, who failed to qualify for next year’s U17 AFCON in
Madagascar.

In the meantime, Kano Pillars have debunked
reports that striker Adamu Muhammad has
rejoined Gombe United.

Malikawa said Adamu Muhammad remains a
player of Kano Pillars.

“I was surprised when some media organisations reported that Adamu has returned to Gombe United, but even this evening (Thursday), he was with us at the Sani Abacha Stadium in Kano during our training,” he said.

Source: http://africanfootball.com//news/670152/Kano-Pillars-snap-up-Golden-Eaglets-striker-Nazifi-Yahya

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:11pm On Dec 09, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
KANO PILLARS SNAP UP GOLDEN EAGLETS
STRIKER NAZIFI YAHYA

Kano Pillars have announced they have signed
Golden Eaglets star striker Nazifi Yahya.

“We have signed Nazifi as part of our effort to
encourage young players,” disclosed Pillars
spokesman Idris Malikawa.

“He has already been impressive in training, he
scored three goals in one of the trainings.”
Nazifi is from the Eaglets Class of 2016, who failed to qualify for next year’s U17 AFCON in
Madagascar.

In the meantime, Kano Pillars have debunked
reports that striker Adamu Muhammad has
rejoined Gombe United.

Malikawa said Adamu Muhammad remains a
player of Kano Pillars.

“I was surprised when some media organisations reported that Adamu has returned to Gombe United, but even this evening (Thursday), he was with us at the Sani Abacha Stadium in Kano during our training,” he said.

Source: http://africanfootball.com//news/670152/Kano-Pillars-snap-up-Golden-Eaglets-striker-Nazifi-Yahya

Very nice move by Kanu pillars wishing Nazifi the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:43pm On Dec 10, 2016
Sunderland Nigerian Wonderkids Maja, Asoro Destroy Southampton

Nigerian wonderkids Joel Asoro and Josh Maja
stole the show as Sunderland kept their title
hopes alive with a 2-0 win over Southampton in
Premier League 2 on Friday at Staplewood
Training Ground.

After great build-up play, Sweden U21
international Asoro netted his second goal of the
season in the 50th minute, and Maja added a
second seven minutes later.

He bundled home a rebound after goalkeeper
Harry Lewis had saved the initial effort from the
Black Cats number seven.

With victory all but guaranteed, Asoro was
replaced in the 72nd minute and Maja joined him on the bench with eight minutes remaining.
Southampton striker Olufela Olomola was on the
pitch for the entirety of the game, teammate
Jonathan Afolabi was a non-playing substitute.

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21357

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply)

Tour De France Hit By "Worst Crash Ever Seen" After "Idiot" Bumps Into Cyclist / Paul Pogba Celebrates Eid Mubarak With His Wife, Zulay / Ndidi Carries Both Musa And Iheanacho On His Back During Training (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.