Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

My Boyfriend Carried Out An H.I.V Test On Me Without My Knowledge. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Carried Out An H.I.V Test On Me Without My Knowledge. (941 Views)

Two Half-Nude Ladies Beat Me Mercilessly In My Boyfriend's House / Man Carried His Lady On His Shoulder After Saying Yes To His Proposal / I Carried Her Bag And suddenly it seems me against the world(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend Carried Out An H.I.V Test On Me Without My Knowledge. by Talk2Bella(f): 12:21pm On Sep 12, 2016
How does someone who claims to love you carry out an H.I.V test on you without your knowledge? Please I need Advice, all the way from Kenya, love your work by the way.

I fell ill about some weeks ago, I actually thought I was pregnant; I wasn’t bothered because I and my man have been going steady for a while and this would be an opportunity for him to ask me to marry me or so I thought. It became so serious I had to be admitted to the hospital where he works, series of tests were carried out on me, turned out I wasn’t pregnant, I had food poisoning.

When I got discharged, I requested for all my tests results from the hospital, Imagine my shock when I saw an H.I.V test I didn’t request for, I called the hospital immediately to ask why one was carried out on me without my permission, they said it was with my permission because I had asked the doctor in charge to carry it out (My Boyfriend)

I asked him why, he said he wanted to exhausts all angles, now he knows my status, I want us to carry out a test on him also, he’s refused so far, saying he’s sure of his status and since I don’t have it he doesn’t have it either. I am so angry with him, he not only violated my trust and privacy, he wouldn’t reciprocate and do same, what do you think I should do?

Talk2Bella.

Carrying out a test on you without your permission is wrong, but we need to look at it from a medical angle, you were ill, he had to run on kinds of tests and being a doctor I don’t think it was wrong of him to carry out an H.I.V test on you, where he’s wrong was not asking before doing it.

He might have had no choice in the matter, seeing how serious the illness looked at the time, he’s a doctor, sometimes they try to treat and ask questions later.

You need to overlook this and move on, seems both of you have a wonderful thing going on; you just have to let this go. Don’t pressure him much about carrying out a test, but make sure he does, Unprotected sex between unmarried couple is very risky, if you’re going to do it why not know you H.I.V status and S.T.I status.

Move on from this phase, it’s happened, you’re angry because your boyfriend did it, if it were to be some random doctor you wouldn’t feel betrayed, don’t be angry at him anymore, in my opinion he did it for you.

http://www.talk2bella.com/2016/09/my-boyfriend-carried-out-hiv-test-on-me.html

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Carried Out An H.I.V Test On Me Without My Knowledge. by smellingmenses: 12:23pm On Sep 12, 2016
you are a careless individual straffing steady unprotected without knowing your partner's status....

by the way HIV test is standard for most ailments now because its presence alters the treatment dynamics dramatically

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Carried Out An H.I.V Test On Me Without My Knowledge. by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 12, 2016
Now she knows her HIV status, she should start using protection until she knows her partner status. Prevention is better than cure smiley

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Carried Out An H.I.V Test On Me Without My Knowledge. by mumumugu(m): 12:39pm On Sep 12, 2016
he paid for hospital bills. He can also do that
Re: My Boyfriend Carried Out An H.I.V Test On Me Without My Knowledge. by tosyne2much(m): 12:44pm On Sep 12, 2016
Hmmmmm... Sighs!
Re: My Boyfriend Carried Out An H.I.V Test On Me Without My Knowledge. by ednut1(m): 12:44pm On Sep 12, 2016
Aunty Bella and her incredible lies

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Carried Out An H.I.V Test On Me Without My Knowledge. by Talk2Bella(f): 12:44pm On Sep 12, 2016
mumumugu:
he paid for hospital bills. He can also do that

Where did it state he paid for hospital bills

Nah wao
Re: My Boyfriend Carried Out An H.I.V Test On Me Without My Knowledge. by Talk2Bella(f): 12:45pm On Sep 12, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
Now she knows her HIV status, she should start using protection until she knows her partner status. Prevention is better than cure smiley

Exactly

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Carried Out An H.I.V Test On Me Without My Knowledge. by Talk2Bella(f): 12:45pm On Sep 12, 2016
ednut1:
Aunty Bella and her incredible lies

Here we go again grin
Re: My Boyfriend Carried Out An H.I.V Test On Me Without My Knowledge. by Talk2Bella(f): 12:46pm On Sep 12, 2016
smellingmenses:
you are a careless individual straffing steady unprotected without knowing your partner's status....

by the way HIV test is standard for most ailments now because its presence alters the treatment dynamics dramatically

They do it in Nigerian hospitals now set

They don't tell you
Re: My Boyfriend Carried Out An H.I.V Test On Me Without My Knowledge. by STARGREEN(m): 1:00pm On Sep 12, 2016
Am yet to see the big deal on it unless you got something to be afraid of...
Re: My Boyfriend Carried Out An H.I.V Test On Me Without My Knowledge. by smellingmenses: 1:10pm On Sep 12, 2016
Talk2Bella:

They do it in Nigerian hospitals now set
They don't tell you
yes....it is a mandatory test
Re: My Boyfriend Carried Out An H.I.V Test On Me Without My Knowledge. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 12, 2016
She's angry he had test done on her...once you're ill these days and taken to the hospital, HIV test is required urgently b4 any other then prescription.
Her bf should have done same that way they both know their status, avoiding it on any grounds is wrong on the guy's part.
But he did her a favour.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Carried Out An H.I.V Test On Me Without My Knowledge. by chigoizie7(m): 2:17pm On Sep 12, 2016
It shows that the guy man loves with both his heart and his head. He loves himself so much.

If u are not ok with it, please, look for another bf, it is not a must that u must date him.

Guys plenty.
Re: My Boyfriend Carried Out An H.I.V Test On Me Without My Knowledge. by Cathony(m): 2:21pm On Sep 12, 2016
No sex until he gets tested...

(1) (Reply)

9 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Claiming You Are Virgins / 13 Types Of S3x Everyone Should Have At Least Once And Maybe A Dozen More Times. / Must Read: Birthday 'A$$' $ex {$uper Er0tica}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.