Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,717 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices! (4967 Views)

Girmache Shrine, In Kebbi Where Crocodiles Reside & Sacrifices Are Made (Photos) / Goddess Of The River Accepted My Ebos [sacrifices] Today (photos) / Powerful Ebos (sacrifices) At The Back Of My Shrine [picture] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices! by adjoviomole(m): 1:09pm On Sep 16, 2016
realmindz:

It was a practice, it makes Yaweh no different from other gods...civilisation has come to place to counter this practice and has nothing to do with christianity, humans have only become civilised.

so tell me, why sud I accept Yaweh of the jews as the true God?

if there is God, he can't be Yaweh...and he cannot be a tribal, genocidal, infanticidal, capriciously malevolent bully god of the jews...

What civilization? Ever since Jesus shed his blood for us, nobody needs to sacrifice animals or whatsoever, Jesus have paid the sacrifice and that was like 2000 yrs ago before the so called civilization.
Re: Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices! by realmindz: 1:15pm On Sep 16, 2016
adjoviomole:

What civilization? Ever since Jesus shed his blood for us, nobody needs to sacrifice animals or whatsoever, Jesus have paid the sacrifice and that was like 2000 yrs ago before the so called civilization.

as a 21st century man, that have access to books, Google etc in this information age..you should not act like cave men. Pls verify ur delusions before exposing ur ignorance on public forum...
Re: Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices! by adjoviomole(m): 2:01pm On Sep 16, 2016
realmindz:

as a 21st century man, that have access to books, Google etc in this information age..you should not act like cave men. Pls verify ur delusions before exposing ur ignorance on public forum...

Lmaocheesy do u want to compare our time with that of 2000yrs ago.

No need to argue further. Nobody sacrifices humans or animal anymore. So end of discussion. Thanks
Re: Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices! by Lsofdk(m): 2:49pm On Sep 16, 2016
realmindz:

more evidences that the Jews use to sacrifice humans and animals to Yaweh like other tribes did to their local gods

Deut 13 vs 15

you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely, both its people and its livestock. You are to gather all the plunder of the town into the middle of the public square and completely burn the town and all its plunder as a whole burnt offering to the LORD your God.
you guys keep quoting same verse on each duel.

Let's shift the attention

What do you believe?
Re: Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices! by Lsofdk(m): 2:58pm On Sep 16, 2016
adjoviomole:

Lmaocheesy do u want to compare our time with that of 2000yrs ago.

No need to argue further. Nobody sacrifices humans or animal anymore. So end of discussion. Thanks
you waste time explaining to narrow minded individuals.
they pick verses to counter without reading to understand from the origin.
He quoted the verse Deuteronomy 13:15 without laying emphasis to the verse that precedes it, the one which lead to that (Deuteronomy 5).
The truth is nothing you say makes any difference to them.
Re: Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices! by jared007: 3:39pm On Sep 16, 2016
Hi seggzz this will be my last reply to u on this topic becos u bore me with ur scriptural ignorance. In 2Samuel 21:1-14 there were two Mephibosheths identified. First is Mephibosheth the lame son of Jonathan(2sam4:4; 9:6-13; 19:24-30; 21:7). Secondly is Mephibosheth son of Saul(2sam 21: 8. The second Mephibosheth was the one killed becos he was part of Sauls bloody house dat killed the Gibeonites thereby breaking the agreement dat Israrel had with the Amorites(Gibeonites) in Joshua 9:3, 16-17. As for Numbers 31 i ve explained dat b4 in my first comment. Read it again.

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices! by hopefulLandlord: 4:23pm On Sep 16, 2016
realmindz:

It was a practice, it makes Yaweh no different from other gods...civilisation has come to place to counter this practice and has nothing to do with christianity, humans have only become civilised.

so tell me, why sud I accept Yaweh of the jews as the true God?

if there is God, he can't be Yaweh...and he cannot be a tribal, genocidal, infanticidal, capriciously malevolent bully god of the jews...

Re: Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices! by realmindz: 6:56pm On Sep 16, 2016
Lsofdk:

you guys keep quoting same verse on each duel.

Let's shift the attention

What do you believe?
let's not shit attention, your Yaweh is evil
Re: Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices! by Lsofdk(m): 7:28pm On Sep 16, 2016
realmindz:

let's not shit attention
Go read Deuteronomy chp 5 down to 13 where you quoted and if you lack comprehension don't come back quoting me jabbering

WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE?
Re: Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices! by realmindz: 7:40pm On Sep 16, 2016
Lsofdk:

Go read Deuteronomy chp 5 down to 13 where you quoted and if you lack comprehension don't come back quoting me jabbering

WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE?

You buzzing like a pest, I won't have the time to delight ur in arguing...wat else do u want oh ye religious dimwit, it has been well addressed on this thread how your Yaweh is evil and takes human and animal sacrifice but u are just keen on satisfying your delusions that he is not evil as he is...

just beat it, it's not your fault Yaweh is a killer, just blame your indoctrination that have blinded you to love whom you have been taught to love
Re: Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices! by Lsofdk(m): 9:05pm On Sep 16, 2016
realmindz:

You buzzing like a pest, I won't have the time to delight ur in arguing...wat else do u want oh ye religious dimwit, it has been well addressed on this thread how your Yaweh is evil and takes human and animal sacrifice but u are just keen on satisfying your delusions that he is not evil as he is...

just beat it, it's not your fault Yaweh is a killer, just blame your indoctrination that have blinded you to love whom you have been taught to love
Says the mortal rebellious waste of creation.
you shy away from stating your beliefs, how worthless it's.
It's no fault of yours you can't comprehend what's written in the bible, i blame it on the long chain endogamy between dimwits.
try no further, your ½grained brain ain't designed to bear such weight.
begone and keep the stench of your leprous brain off my mention.
Re: Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices! by seggzz(m): 9:15pm On Sep 16, 2016
jared007:
Hi seggzz this will be my last reply to u on this topic becos u bore me with ur scriptural ignorance. In 2Samuel 21:1-14 there were two Mephibosheths identified. First is Mephibosheth the lame son of Jonathan(2sam4:4; 9:6-13; 19:24-30; 21:7). Secondly is Mephibosheth son of Saul(2sam 21: 8. The second Mephibosheth was the one killed becos he was part of Sauls bloody house dat killed the Gibeonites thereby breaking the agreement dat Israrel had with the Amorites(Gibeonites) in Joshua 9:3, 16-17. As for Numbers 31 i ve explained dat b4 in my first comment. Read it again.
I agreed with you about the identity of the hanged Mephibosheth but were they involved in the peace treaty? Israelites made a covenant with the Gibeonites four centuries before the days of David.Can't you wonder how and why it is necessary to kill seven descendants of Saul for something done years earlier, having to do with a covenant that was 400 years old? Was the other five direct son of Saul? The LORD requested for the seven people to be hanged to appease him. And they carried out the plan. It was the LORD that show David and it was the LORD the asked the Gibeonites to hang them in order to end famine in the land of Israel? That is what I want you to know that your god accept killing of humans and animals for appeasement. I am sure you cannot deny that they were actually killed for the LORD. You can't also deny that David deliver the seven descendants of Saul because of the famine in the land. If you do then i will show you evidence from the bible passages. Why do you think your god can do wonders/good only if there is shedding of human or animals blood?
Re: Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices! by seggzz(m): 9:23pm On Sep 16, 2016
Lsofdk:

you didn't get my question, i have read everything on this thread… i said show me where God demanded he sacrificed his daughter
Just as i said you need to read the post again. In the post i mention where they lament for her and other things that shows that she was actually killed. REad!
Re: Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices! by Lsofdk(m): 9:29pm On Sep 16, 2016
seggzz:

Just as i said you need to read the post again. In the post i mention where they lament for her and other things that shows that she was actually killed. REad!
there's a lesson to be learnt.
In the process of asking too many questions, you miss the lessons
Re: Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices! by seggzz(m): 9:41pm On Sep 16, 2016
Lsofdk:

there's a lesson to be learnt.
In the process of asking too many questions, you miss the lessons
You refused to acknowledge that your god do commit evils. One of them is killing of humans and animals for 'burnt offering'. So many of you in the past have accepted that this actually happened in the old days of the bible. But why are Christians here rejecting the facts that is glaring to the eyes. Your god accept human sacrifices, lay rules for getting slaves,send lying spirits to his prophets and other evils.Yet you claimed he is the all merciful, the all loving, all righteous god and so-and-so god...
Re: Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices! by Lsofdk(m): 9:46pm On Sep 16, 2016
seggzz:

You refused to acknowledge that your god do commit evils. One of them is killing of humans and animals for 'burnt offering'. So many of you in the past have accepted that this actually happened in the old days of the bible. But why are Christians here rejecting the facts that is glaring to the eyes. Your god accept human sacrifices, lay rules for getting slaves,send lying spirits to his prophets and other evils.Yet you claimed he is the all merciful, the all loving, all righteous god and so-and-so god...
My God doesn't, has never and will never.

what do you believe?
Re: Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices! by realmindz: 9:52pm On Sep 16, 2016
Lsofdk:

Says the mortal rebellious waste of creation.
you shy away from stating your beliefs, how worthless it's.
It's no fault of yours you can't comprehend what's written in the bible, i blame it on the long chain endogamy between dimwits.
try no further, your ½grained brain ain't designed to bear such weight.
begone and keep the stench of your leprous brain of my mention.

grin I don't understand one thing in this post...quality oshogbo weed
Re: Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices! by seggzz(m): 9:54pm On Sep 16, 2016
Lsofdk:

My God doesn't, has never and will never.

what do you believe?
Is your god different from the god of old testament?
Re: Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices! by Lsofdk(m): 10:28pm On Sep 16, 2016
seggzz:

Is your god different from the god of old testament?
when you learn to answer questions, i would grant you a reply
Re: Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices! by adjoviomole(m): 1:53pm On Sep 17, 2016
Lsofdk:

you waste time explaining to narrow minded individuals.
they pick verses to counter without reading to understand from the origin.
He quoted the verse Deuteronomy 13:15 without laying emphasis to the verse that precedes it, the one which lead to that (Deuteronomy 5).
The truth is nothing you say makes any difference to them.

Don't mind them. When you explain one to them, they bring up another question just to derail.
Re: Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices! by seggzz(m): 9:40pm On Sep 17, 2016
Lsofdk:

when you learn to answer questions, i would grant you a reply
What is this your question that is giving you headache? Your god accept human killing is a fact! If he is not part why allow the virgin lady die because a man promised to kill anyone that first comes his way to your god?
Re: Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices! by Lsofdk(m): 9:49pm On Sep 17, 2016
seggzz:

What is this your question that is giving you headache? Your god accept human killing is a fact! If he is not part why allow the virgin lady die because a man promised to kill anyone that first comes his way to your god?
you're narrow minded and hell bent on your opinion why should i engage you in a dialogue
Re: Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices! by Princewell2012(m): 10:35pm On Sep 17, 2016
ColinAdua:
Jehovah God created human beings and He is wholeheartedly permitted to do to us as He wishes!

That's what those places are teaching.

Though in the case of the Saul's sons it was more of fairness and justice than human sacrifice.

Just like Him telling the children of Israel to wipe out or destroy a nation for their wickedness.

Moreover, all these has been set aside by the sure perfect covenant and ministry of Jesus Christ called Christianity and is no longer obtainable.

Accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour today
Re: Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices! by Princewell2012(m): 11:14pm On Sep 17, 2016
seggzz:

If promises of human blood can be accepted by your god then your god is not different from 'oro'-one of traditional deity. What lessons can you learn from a god that accept human sacrifices? Is there no other lesson to teach Jephthah without taking the only child? Is that not wickedness?
Re: Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices! by Princewell2012(m): 11:15pm On Sep 17, 2016
seggzz:

If promises of human blood can be accepted by your god then your god is not different from 'oro'-one of traditional deity. What lessons can you learn from a god that accept human sacrifices? Is there no other lesson to teach Jephthah without taking the only child? Is that not wickedness?

My friend you haven't still learnt any lesson here, it seems you just read for reading sake.

Jephtan or what did you called him is a man of his word. It is not God that asked him to sacrificed his daughter. He made a vow and it appear that his daughter sawfaced and he had to carry it out.

That is how to know a king in those days, what ever they says they will surely do it, and have been known for that. They are a man of their words.

Remember herod, he also told his daughter in the presence of the audience, he vowed a vow that what ever she needs even half of his kingdom he will give it to her, but through the advice of her mother the head of John the Baptist was demanded.
See, king herod was not happy about about it, but for the sake of his listeners and the vow he make, he has to Carried that asignment.
But God stops it when Abraham wanted to do the same thing.
And is nolonger practicable now.

Beside you have no right to question God, he owns you and can use you to do anything he wishes to do. Even this night he may decide to kill you and nobody can deliver you from his hands.

And frankly speaking no child of God can rebel against him, as you re doing now, only the disobedient ones does that, and they can never get it funny.

I wish you should repent from doing this, otherwise the end is very disastrous.

Fear God. You have been warned.
Re: Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices! by nwasinachi(f): 7:21am On Sep 18, 2016
seggzz:

If god answer prayer why do you diseases and death prevail over his own that serve him diligently. The Hospitals and other institutions have already testify god doesn't answers prayers. Why do we need hospitals if god answers prayer?
Oya, hold it right there. Who told u that God dont answer prayers? I say who? I use to be as stubborn or even more stubborn than u, it was d same God through Jesus that humbled me. God forbid that i lie, but when i remembered what dis God did for me, o boy, i dey shiver!
Re: Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices! by seggzz(m): 6:08pm On Sep 20, 2016
nwasinachi:
Oya, hold it right there. Who told u that God dont answer prayers? I say who? I use to be as stubborn or even more stubborn than u, it was d same God through Jesus that humbled me. God forbid that i lie, but when i remembered what dis God did for me, o boy, i dey shiver!
You mean your god that use human for sacrifices answers prayers? I laugh! What type of things does this your god answers as prayer? Did he grow a new skeleton on human that you have seen without any orthodox or herbal treatments? I have done miracles using psychological means and so most(if not all) miracles are just psychological and others have medical explanation. Let us assumed your prayers was answered(of which i know is false), how do you know it was Jesus and not Devil that answered your prayers?
Re: Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices! by seggzz(m): 6:29pm On Sep 20, 2016
Princewell2012:

My friend you haven't still learnt any lesson here, it seems you just read for reading sake.

Jephtan or what did you called him is a man of his word. It is not God that asked him to sacrificed his daughter. He made a vow and it appear that his daughter sawfaced and he had to carry it out.

That is how to know a king in those days, what ever they says they will surely do it, and have been known for that. They are a man of their words.

Remember herod, he also told his daughter in the presence of the audience, he vowed a vow that what ever she needs even half of his kingdom he will give it to her, but through the advice of her mother the head of John the Baptist was demanded.
See, king herod was not happy about about it, but for the sake of his listeners and the vow he make, he has to Carried that asignment.
But God stops it when Abraham wanted to do the same thing.
And is nolonger practicable now.

Beside you have no right to question God, he owns you and can use you to do anything he wishes to do. Even this night he may decide to kill you and nobody can deliver you from his hands.

And frankly speaking no child of God can rebel against him, as you re doing now, only the disobedient ones does that, and they can never get it funny.

I wish you should repent from doing this, otherwise the end is very disastrous.

Fear God. You have been warned.

You are the one that does not learn or understand the bible passages clearly. Or you are not just honest with your judgment. Can't you see evidences of your god accepting human sacrifices? Does 'men of their words' has to do with your god accepting killing human?
Re: Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices! by seggzz(m): 6:43pm On Sep 20, 2016
Lsofdk:

you're narrow minded and hell bent on your opinion why should i engage you in a dialogue
Really? narrow minded for asking you this; 'what is that your question'? smh. I see you don't have any point and so you now resort to a fallacy.
Re: Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices! by nwasinachi(f): 12:54am On Sep 21, 2016
seggzz:

You mean your god that use human for sacrifices answers prayers? I laugh! What type of things does this your god answers as prayer? Did he grow a new skeleton on human that you have seen without any orthodox or herbal treatments? I have done miracles using psychological means and so most(if not all) miracles are just psychological and others have medical explanation. Let us assumed your prayers was answered(of which i know is false), how do you know it was Jesus and not Devil that answered your prayers?
Re: Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices! by nwasinachi(f): 1:03am On Sep 21, 2016
seggzz:

You did miracle using psychological means, and u call yourself a miracle worker? pls who is talking of medicine and psychology here? eh who? That u are old and big does not mean you are wise and learned. pls my prayers were answered pure and true, some while still praying self. The funny thing is that i do not require any man of God to pray for me before they got answered. secondly,if i ask Mr A to give me something secretly, Why should mr z take d glory for that?
Re: Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices! by seggzz(m): 5:21pm On Sep 21, 2016
nwasinachi:
You did miracle using psychological means, and u call yourself a miracle worker? pls who is talking of medicine and psychology here? eh who? That u are old and big does not mean you are wise and learned. pls my prayers were answered pure and true, some while still praying self. The funny thing is that i do not require any man of God to pray for me before they got answered. secondly,if i ask Mr A to give me something secretly, Why should mr z take d glory for that?
Can you share the testimony of what the Lord God has done in your life? Maybe that can change me to accept your god

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Has God Done For You? / Pillars Of A Christian's Faith / Does The Bible Give Clues To How Old The Earth Is?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.