Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala (49112 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By Standard Chartered As Director, To Earn £130k / Dignitaries In Buhari's House For Wedding Of Fatima & Gimba (Photos) / Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 13, 2016
Liability:
That prosti.tute, kemi should step down as finance minister. Let competent hands handle our economy abeg. Not okonjo but others to free us from this cesspit.

I no wan abuse buhari today

U mean Buhari went to a brothel nd picked a call girl as finance minister? Pls were u in dat brothel wit Kemi?
Well, seems u said it all. Incompetent lady managing our economy!
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by devilmaycry: 8:55am On Sep 13, 2016
misscall247:
mumu....u play politics/tribalism with evryti.#beta get sense#
first of all ...I dnt wanna call u stupid but please where on my comment or post did u see anything related to tribalism ?if u dnt have anything better to do,I suggest you keep quiet ..#senseless_shit
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by nonjebose(m): 8:55am On Sep 13, 2016
smada13:
Nigeria's future is in serious trouble.... our youths are fully riddled with tribalistic and religious bigotry...instead of analysing issues critically and offering constructive criticisms, they instead hold each other at the jugular and throw unneeded hate talks at each other....

back to the topic...

I so respected this woman then, but after finding out what the west use worldbank and IMF to perpetuate, I now look at her with a suspicious eyes....

nevertheless, I salute her brilliance.....but it never added to our prosperity in her second stint. I believe her performance in d first stint was due to the OBJ-effect
Well said. The Obj effect enabled her work assiduously to seeing debt forgiveness from Paris club and other financial institutions. It also led to creating ECA ( excess crude account) which was decimated under her watch in GEJ tenure

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by linusbnn(m): 8:55am On Sep 13, 2016
nobilis:
Really??
The YouWin that served as an avenue for embezzling funds?

How much did you save in Nigeria's time of abundance? Because you were at the helm of her finances when her main and virtually, only, export, crude oil, was sold for the highest price ever in the history of the world.

Where is the FG's share of the ECA?

What did you people do with the economy when Nigeria was in her time of plenty?

Shut up. You win was a great success. I know many beneficiaries who don't know anybody in any office in nigeria. I hail her for that alongside GIS.
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by linusbnn(m): 8:58am On Sep 13, 2016
nonjebose:

Well said. The Obj effect enabled her work assiduously to seeing debt forgiveness from Paris club and other financial institutions. It also led to creating ECA ( excess crude account) which was decimated under her watch in GEJ tenure

Are you a learner? Was it not the same pple in apc that pressured Gej to share the ECA. Fashola,Amaechi,and co

3 Likes

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by ajawara(m): 8:59am On Sep 13, 2016
Kwamecron:
No body ever miss her in nigeria... They render nigerian to this state.. With enbezzument.... Thief.... Shame... Shame.... Shame.... Shame.......
Please, can you for now speak for yourself. Your opinion cannot in anyway represent the mindset of Nigerians. I MISSED HER.
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by DonP04: 9:01am On Sep 13, 2016
Liability:
That prosti.tute, kemi should step down as finance minister. Let competent hands handle our economy abeg. Not okonjo but others to free us from this cesspit.

How will you feel if somebody should call your mother bad names . And by the way can you say it to her face . To me our problems is within us and not the leaders . The purchase patterns of nigerians are worrisome and insensitive

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by Shosvegas(m): 9:01am On Sep 13, 2016
smada13:
Nigeria's future is in serious trouble.... our youths are fully riddled with tribalistic and religious bigotry...instead of analysing issues critically and offering constructive criticisms, they instead hold each other at the jugular and throw unneeded hate talks at each other....

back to the topic...

I so respected this woman then, but after finding out what the west use worldbank and IMF to perpetuate, I now look at her with a suspicious eyes....

nevertheless, I salute her brilliance.....but it never added to our prosperity in her second stint. I believe her performance in d first stint was due to the OBJ-effect
I respect yur comment, dis is wt I ve in mind exactly, she might probably use GEJ incompetence to have her way n mismanaged our economy during her last tenure...Nobody is ready to Cal her back if that is wt she's thinking, Nigeria is blessed with many Talented n brilliant pple so why must it be only you. In my opinion I still respect Charles Soludo than dis woman
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by kenex4ever(m): 9:03am On Sep 13, 2016
devilmaycry:
exactly ...well spoken .... Walahi this woman should be caught for embezzlement.
how can they catch someone dat served rightly? they've tried to catch her but they didn't succeed or u want them to frame her up abi? Nigerianz!
What have dey done with Fasho-Ole dat dey have caught stealing?

3 Likes

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by SycophanticGoat: 9:03am On Sep 13, 2016
flokii:

Una no dey tire? abeg let's hear word jare

Youwin kor Youlose ni.. yeye

Like say no be him family and friends benefit from am.. Or did you?

Ignorance at its peak. So an ABU Pharmacist graduate and a northerner that benefited from it in 2012 is Goodluck's brother? So my friend Victor (from Edo state) and many other ones I became friends with and met at the Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme boot camp, that won YouWin too (alongside TEEP) are Goodluck's sons and daughters bah?

When will you liberate yourself from hatred and see what passes you by? If your idea wasn't chosen, don't put the blame on them because you should have been more innovative and should have been different from every other person rather than giving them simple business ideas like that of setting up a provision store..

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by ChessEnthusiast: 9:06am On Sep 13, 2016
Yomieluv:
Madam, on behalf of APC, and well meaning Nigerians, please we are begging you to honor us if called upon to serve..

In your time, you did we'll, compared to this Kemi we have now, always looking lost at the helm of affairs.. Dollars has turned to gold, rice now is bigger than minimum wage. Common groundnut oil is beyond the reach of many..

Madam, we are sorry, you are indeed a technocrat..
Are you people these daft or plainly stupid that you fail to account for the different times the two finance ministers presided/presiding over. So many dumb people these days. Pray tell how she did well during her time even when oil prices were high. I challenge you to list her achievements here or you forever hold your peace. While at it, pray tell what the fat toad will do differently if she's in a difficult situation Kemi is in now.
All these dumb PDP apologists suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Imagine being so grateful for the crumbs thrown at them during the Gej's administration. Nansense

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by Delegate(m): 9:07am On Sep 13, 2016
kettykin:

I don't understand what you mean. I was trying to ask a question. What I actually mean to ask is should igbos continue to invest in a state like Lagos where there property has been demolished without compensation, where the businesses of their indigenes has been seized and business harrassed like criminals.

Should igbos continue to advice or work for a country where there is zero investments in their region. The south east recorded the least in terms of budget. The federal government also described the region as minority. Is it not tantamount to investing in your death, given your advice to a government that has sworn to kill all your indigenes in their wild and foolish quest to remain united.

Igbos have won most golds in the paralympic , and igbos are going to be using their talented footballers to assist the country to get a place in the nations cup. Igbos who are in the IMF might also be expected to assist the country when they come for loans which would not be beneficial to igbo land.

Should igbos continue such self less service to the country that almost starved them to death and are doing everything humanly possible to make sure that igbos are stagnated. A country that has no igbos in the top echelon of its heirachy.
A country where Igbo indigenes are being victimized with all sorts of corruption charges while real thieves that embezzled billions of dollars in phantom power project are walking around free.

This is my question

When Jona was in power and Yoruba were marginalise nobody was opening the book of lamentations like this.

Just to answer your question if Igbo think they are being cheated in Lagos they should go back to Ebonyi.

If Mikel,Iheanacho nd CO are not proud of representing Nigeria like you thought They can go ahead and represent Somalia... We have a lot of Nigeria athletes nd football players representing other nations.

Soludo,Nnaji,Iweala, can keep there advice .... this is a country of over 180 million population maybe 135million without igbo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by SycophanticGoat: 9:08am On Sep 13, 2016
linusbnn:

Shut up. You win was a great success. I know many beneficiaries who don't know anybody in any office in nigeria. I hail her for that alongside GIS.

Are you minding them hypocritical mofos? Their government has already come out to openly applaud the GIS programme while they were no where near that thread.

APC supporters are the dumbest set of human beings God has ever created. Fact is, they were naturally dumb but then adding religious sentiments and tribalism to that made it worst..

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by islandmoon: 9:09am On Sep 13, 2016
A prosti.tute with diarrhea mouth just like you, huh?
Liability:

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by anibestlala(m): 9:09am On Sep 13, 2016
nobilis:
Really??

How much did you save in Nigeria's time of abundance? Because you were at the helm of her finances when her main and virtually, only, export, crude oil, was sold for the highest price ever in the history of the world.

can you for once stop this falsehood? how much funds were embezzled by YouWin? why can't you be objective. the woman didn't do like buhari did in the past ,running down the govt in power, she rather supports them out of sheer benevolence.
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by nonjebose(m): 9:09am On Sep 13, 2016
linusbnn:

Are you a learner? Was it not the same pple in apc that pressured Gej to share the ECA. Fashola,Amaechi,and co
The only thing you think of is party affiliation. That is the bane of our development, Smh. For your info, I don't give a hoot about parties. All those second tenure govs including those you mentioned and others sitting in the senate and acting as saint pressurized him. So what? His name would be associated with that period of waste, while GMB is currently associated with recession and poor economic decision making
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by mfm04622: 9:10am On Sep 13, 2016
nobilis:
Really??

I disagree with you on YouWin. YouWin was a good programme that this govt is looking to resuscitate. That is how good it is. I have seen many businesses started by winners. These people employ others.

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by flokii: 9:11am On Sep 13, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Ignorance at its peak. So an ABU Pharmacist graduate and a northerner that benefited from it in 2012 is Goodluck's brother? So my friend Victor (from Edo state) and many other ones I became friends with and met at the Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme boot camp, that won YouWin too (alongside TEEP) are Goodluck's sons and daughters bah?

When will you liberate yourself from hatred and see what passes you by? If your idea wasn't chosen, don't put the blame on them because you should have been more innovative and should have been different from every other person rather than giving them simple business ideas like that of setting up a provision store..

Ok sir..

We've seen enof already, d smart ones know d real motive behind d youwin stuff..
Buh then.. Never again sha. We want real development and progress where everyone can benefit and not some virtual gambling nonsense.
#cheers
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by SycophanticGoat: 9:15am On Sep 13, 2016
flokii:

Ok sir..

We've seen enof already, d smart ones know d real motive behind d youwin stuff..
Buh then.. Never again sha. We want real development and progress where everyone can benefit and not some virtual gambling nonsense.
#cheers

Let's wait and see how the NPower goes and we will definitely measure up and see which had more reaching effect.. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by Izontubo(m): 9:20am On Sep 13, 2016
saint7000:

Typical afonja and useless excuses. When Buhari came in and economy was faltering, they said it's because of low oil price, that oil price has fallen to paltry $30 per barrel. OK...we gave them benefit of the doubt, however oil price had since..over 8 months now recovered and stabilized over $50 a barrel yet the economy worsened...in fact doubled in severity as we are now in recession heading into depression. When they realized that this is not due to oil price but gross incompetence, they ran and hid...we didn't hear from them for months. Now this diabolical afonja have resurfaced again... citing the same lame oil price excuse again, do you have shame at all?
buhari came in and even further distabilized our oil and gas proceeds by provoking the Niger delta..

I tell you if the avengers had not emerged we would have been OK whilst diversification can be ongoing..but the stiff man came all out to oppress nigerians thinking he was going to make anything out of it..
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by Chinom(m): 9:21am On Sep 13, 2016
Liability: That prosti.tute, kemi should step down as finance minister. Let competent hands handle our economy abeg. Not okonjo but others to free us from this cesspit.

Ok, maybe 'Liability' chose a harsh word to describe Kemi, but I have a feeling that the 'mkpi'(He-goat) governor of Ogun state was sooo happy to Fvck a woman with a British accent that he and Tinubu recommended her for a post that is obviously above her capabilities.

There are 100s of much more qualified men and women who should have been appointed our Finance minister.
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by isnovic(m): 9:23am On Sep 13, 2016
isnovic:
In case you are wondering what is happening.....like me.

I did the Math and the result stood tall and was staring me in the face no matter how much I tried to rationalize it.

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala. Super Economic Corodinator.

Okonjo-Iweala was educated at the International School Ibadan and Harvard University, graduating magna cum laude with an AB in Economics in 1976, and earned her PhD in regional economics and development from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in 1981. She received an International Fellowship from the American Association of University Women (AAUW) that supported her doctoral studies.[5]

Kemi Adeosun

[img][/img]

She earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics from the University of East London and a Postgraduate Diploma in Public Financial Management from the University of London. She qualified as a Chartered Accountant with the Institute of Chartered Accountants England and Wales in 1994.

Plus her principal who is too head stuck in old ways she will continue to reap poor results like this.

She stands no chance with her experience.

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by whizzler: 9:24am On Sep 13, 2016
nobilis:

This your response is part of what is the problem with Nigeria.
Inability to separate your emotions and sentiments from reality.

I neither hate nor love Okonjo-Iweala.
The questions I asked are valid questions any right-thinking Nigerian should be asking.

But obviously, we are so shallow-minded that we fail to hold our leaders, both past and present, accountable for their actions. We are so petty that we wear our emotions and sentiments on our sleeves and allow our politicians to sway us by mere words.

Well, we get the leaders we deserve sha.
A look at the number of likes and shares he got says a lot about people on this forum, a finance minister who had to resort to borrowing to pay salaries at the twilight of her tenure. Smh
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by ChessEnthusiast: 9:24am On Sep 13, 2016
EternalTruths:

You talk without thinking through.

If crude oil made our economy the largest in Africa, why didn't it make Saudi Arabia economy the top 5 largest economy in the world.

I repeat it here.

You are from the SW because no sane Igbo thinks like u
Very dumb logic!
Of course no sane Igbo thinks like him because your heads are flats. There is a reason why your heads are flats because you're not meant to see things holistically and beyond your parochial sentiments and ethnocentric tendencies.
The guy is right. Nigeria being the largest economy was driven by the multiplier benefits from the high oil prices. NOI did nada! The economy was only rebased.
Raking of economies is driven by exchange rates and GDP. Nigeria naira has nose dived while the south Africa Rand has appreciated. And why did the Naira nose dived if not due to the plummeting oil prices which impose forex challenges in a wasteful country like Nigeria.

Continue to live in denial. Your NOI is nothing but an Abia champion. She did Nada and had no achievements as far as the last administration is concerned. If she had. pray tell. What are her achievements? And please don't tell him she made Nigeria the largest economy the largest. Only uniformed m0rons like you will buy that. The joke is on you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by jaymichael(m): 9:26am On Sep 13, 2016
truthspeaks:
How com u r not also blaming Amaechi ur yeye transport minister for dragging the then FG to court over sharing the ECA money wch wld hv bn a source of savings for us. Seems u zombies enjoy telling half-truths.
The Governors forum dragged the FG to court because the FG was "pilfering" the ECA which belongs to the 3 tiers of government. So much unexplained deductions from the ECA was going on by the FG. The call by the Governors forum was in protest to above illegal action by the FG.
Going by your own assertion, what did the FG do with it's share of 52%? was that shared with Amaechi too? so it is the 48% share that goes to the 36 states and 776 LGs that should have been used as our savings?
Keep only to subjects you know about.
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by josephmich(m): 9:30am On Sep 13, 2016
nobilis:

What did she do to make Nigeria the largest economy in Africa? Nothing.
Which of her policies drove Nigeria to the top of African economic landscape? Just mention one.

Like I said earlier, she presided over the economy when crude oil sold for the highest ever price in human history. Crude oil is Nigeria's main and only export. So why won't Nigeria be the largest economy in Africa in that period. Na Jazz

She might be the best economist Nigeria will ever see but still I ask, what did she do with Nigeria's economy in Nigeria's time of abundance?
Even while she is lamenting her hand being forced to share the monies in the ECA, what did she do with the FG's share?

Valid questions that sentimentalists won't dare ask.

When the APC governors where threatening fire and brimestone to share the ECA. Where u in Pluto. Spare me this hatred. I wonder some people. U have right to your opinions.
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by IamSimi(m): 9:36am On Sep 13, 2016
See her big head lyk d head of the ram i killed yesterday

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by kayodekomo2015: 9:38am On Sep 13, 2016
Who needs Okomjo-Iweala?She and her cronies in the PDP ran Nigeria down.We don't need her.She should just come over to the country if she gas no skeleton in her cupboard.
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by jozee8: 9:39am On Sep 13, 2016
Donsamie:
Pls help if u can,we need some one like u to help save the economy.
So that we can go back to the days of being the number1 economy in africa on papers right?
Nno o..
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by ozimec(m): 9:42am On Sep 13, 2016
nobilis:
Really??

Bro say what you know. You win was never an avenue for embezzlement, ask questions if you don't know about it.
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by man80(m): 9:44am On Sep 13, 2016
Economic recession is a task that leadership must address with short run and long run Economic policies, but leadership problem. May God help Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hoodlums Block Oshiomhole’s House With Trucks / APC: We Will Soon Release Shocking Revelations About Jonathan’s Government / Soludo Demolishes Olulu Eke Deity In Ekwulobia, Anambra (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.