Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala (49113 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By Standard Chartered As Director, To Earn £130k / Dignitaries In Buhari's House For Wedding Of Fatima & Gimba (Photos) / Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by Abelinkan: 11:41am On Sep 13, 2016
She don baf? Who u epp
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by VajanahDischaj(f): 11:55am On Sep 13, 2016
devilmaycry:
exactly ...well spoken .... Walahi this woman should be caught for embezzlement.
so?why the delay?if she really embezzled then should be among the first batch to be caught.
moreover, she's still based in Nigeria!!

damn you! damn your APC!! and your Marafucking govt.

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by biggy26: 12:07pm On Sep 13, 2016
nobilis:
Really??
The YouWin that served as an avenue for embezzling funds?

How much did you save in Nigeria's time of abundance? Because you were at the helm of her finances when her main and virtually, only, export, crude oil, was sold for the highest price ever in the history of the world.

Where is the FG's share of the ECA?

What did you people do with the economy when Nigeria was in her time of plenty?

You should be asking Amaechi and his governors forum these questions. I also know ordinary people; friends, that benefited directly from youwin, not with connection, but content. So don't just talk cos u feel like.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by biggy26: 12:12pm On Sep 13, 2016
mazimee:

Channel your frustration to your president and his dumb incompetent ministers.
Your hatred won't change anything about her.

3 gbosas and more ram meat for u bro. people just sit and type rubbish not knowing where to channel their frustrations.

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by DLuciano: 12:12pm On Sep 13, 2016
nobilis:
Really??

How much did you save in Nigeria's time of abundance? Because you were at the helm of her finances when her main and virtually, only, export, crude oil, was sold for the highest price ever in the history of the world.

what a blind an daft comment it is and some moomos will collaborate by clicking the like button.

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 13, 2016
Whatever we say here doesn't change the fact that she remains the best finance minister we have ever had for now. Until someone else beats the record . She can't be compared with all our CBN Governor and finance ministers combined. If in doubt take a few minutes to go through her profile without bias

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by Xtowilson(m): 12:45pm On Sep 13, 2016
Since Okonjo-iweala could not save money because she looted it, hope our current minister is saving all the recovered loots, monies generate from fuel price increase & all the taxes & TSA,
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by greatermax77(m): 1:12pm On Sep 13, 2016
Madam pls, if you are called help. do not mind the needless ranting in this forum. All APC economist are quack.
They brought us to this unthinkable situation we in right now.
Pls ma, give them some guild lines through phone call
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by jonathanjo75: 1:30pm On Sep 13, 2016
vislabraye:

She saved funds. Pls ask the greedy governors why they sued the FG to share the ECA. Those bastard governors are still in one position or the other in this new dispensation. She did her work. QED.
Come to think of it, so much has been said referring to the time of plenty, I want to ask, those who have the figures n know the time of plenty should kindly help us calculate how much could have been saved n untouched let's see if the saved money could have funded our 4 years budget without adding kobo to it from current oil sales. Because I wonder.

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by ogene007: 1:34pm On Sep 13, 2016
devilmaycry:
exactly ...well spoken .... Walahi this woman should be caught for embezzlement.
I guess that Magu should be sent after her just because you don't like her. Please go and grow up.
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by oluwalewis(m): 1:35pm On Sep 13, 2016
mazimee:

Well said,I am still surprised that Nigerians are still been fooled by APC. All APC have to offer are PROPAGANDA and EXCUSES. For Iweala to have made that statement,her service must have been requested for by this visionless govt after ridiculing her reputation. Nigerians voted Jonathan out because of his inferiority complex and voted Buhari to correct Jonathan's errors but Buhari has nothing to offer and wouldnt listen to his ministers. What are u expecting from a president who said he didnt nid ministers becos they are noise makers.
In time of recession,he is supposed to open the borders and splash lots of money into the economy which im sure Adeosun and others must have told him but the choleric man wouldn't listen but insisted that money be saved. U can't import rice bt u can import grasses for cattes.
No wonder,Tinubu is regreting giving him his support as they are not in good terms.

Excuses and blame games are breakfast of failures. God,pls send us a leader with purpose IJN. AMEN
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 1:36pm On Sep 13, 2016
Madam NOI is indeed a brilliant economist,but could not solve our economy problems and even exacerbated the problems if you ask, so don't ask. Here i sense hubris, the allusion that others may have solution reveal an idea that she has the solution to the recession. The ministers with this Buhari are not incompetent but what do you do with a president that is a brick wall when you proffer ideas. No matter how hard you try, you are fried. NOI will not take the job bcoz she would not be coordinating the economy like she did under GEJ. NOI and Harvard are overrated and personally I put the present economic imbroglio Nigerians are battling with at the door step of Madam NOI, her coordination of the economy led to the present impasse.
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by CioAngels(f): 1:36pm On Sep 13, 2016
NO1, you will never be called again to serve becos is aware you misguided jonathan to his failure. You got fatter with the billions naira loot you amassed. You are denying of corruption. Okay, Know that the acres you bought for Estates and your acquired personal transfomers at awoyaya in ibeju lekki is part of the masses common wealth, the foundation will not and will never stand. Somebody will come in your defend that you were rich and it is money made in World Bank, liars, Thieves. You all politicians are hardend Criminals, just like the president announced to the World.
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by pepigeorge(m): 1:39pm On Sep 13, 2016
nobilis:
Really??

Atleast there was jobs everywhere. .....I got my job in her time, only to lose it in this useless administration. ...

For anything. .. she know the macro economics pass adeosun who cannot even add 18 + 4
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by Okeikpu(m): 1:40pm On Sep 13, 2016
HOW DO ONE EXPECT NGOO BABY THAT HAS ALL THE PHD STUFFS IN THE WORLD
TO MIPRY SO LOW TO SERVE UNDER AN IMMOPORIAL ILLITRATE FROM DAURA sad A BUFFON THAT HASN'T ORDINALLY 1st SKUL CERT.
ONLY IN THE ZOO ONE... SEE STUFFS LIKKE DS angry
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by sekundosekundo: 2:14pm On Sep 13, 2016
nobilis:

This your response is part of what is the problem with Nigeria.
Inability to separate your emotions and sentiments from reality.

I neither hate nor love Okonjo-Iweala.
The questions I asked are valid questions any right-thinking Nigerian should be asking.

But obviously, we are so shallow-minded that we fail to hold our leaders, both past and present, accountable for their actions. We are so petty that we wear our emotions and sentiments on our sleeves and allow our politicians to sway us by mere words.

Well, we get the leaders we deserve sha.

If we must hold our leaders both past and present accountable as you said, I think PMB should be the first for introducing corruption in Nigeria the moment he selfishly overthrew democratically elected government and return Nigeria to military rule which gave room for the likes of Abacha and IBB to squander our economy.

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by 3sexy: 2:40pm On Sep 13, 2016
nobilis:
Really??

As a Youwin awardee I can tell u the bolded isn't true!
I have 13 graduates working for me and 4 unskilled workers .

You are just hating !
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by xest(m): 2:54pm On Sep 13, 2016
devilmaycry:
u did be suprise ... Am still baffled that she hasn't been caught of fraud yet
yes because she is free from fraud
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by revolt(m): 3:07pm On Sep 13, 2016
mazimee:

532 likes omo that's a record o... Howd u do it? Ooo I forgot, he tried to diss okonjo, nigerias best undisputed finance minister...heheheheh

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by vidalka(f): 3:08pm On Sep 13, 2016
nobilis:

The questions I asked are valid questions any right-thinking Nigerian should be asking.

But obviously, we are so shallow-minded that we fail to hold our leaders, both past and present, accountable for their actions. We are so petty that we wear our emotions and sentiments on our sleeves and allow our politicians to sway us by mere words.

what has the past leaders save from 1960 before GEJ and okonjo.
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by humilitypays(m): 3:16pm On Sep 13, 2016
naijamerican:

This is true. Nigerians are too stupid and tribalistic for this too happen, so I say too hell with Nigeria. So many foolish illiterates in one country.

No hope for this country.
In as much, there is hope for the country only if Nigerians will reflect on their numerous past mistakes and misdeeds against the innocent Igbo tribe
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by willibounce1(m): 3:26pm On Sep 13, 2016
humilitypays:
In as much, there is hope for the country only if Nigerians will reflect on their numerous past mistakes and misdeeds against the innocent Igbo tribe

Lol... innocent igbo tribe?... some of you guys are so full of shyyyyt.
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by aresssa: 3:40pm On Sep 13, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltrsjqTE_p8

The same worthless and incompetent woman who openly confessed to the world how miserably she failed to save us from recession.

The same worthless and incompetent woman who stole and gave our money to Dasuki to loot and share with her cronies, crooked and corrupt gang.

The same worthless and incompetent woman who gave hundreds of billion worth of import waivers to her cronies and corrupt gang.

The same worthless and incompetent woman who couldn't even keep track of our money, earnings and watched or looked the other way while NNPC stole and diverted our money, opened illegal and secrete bank accounts right under her nose, but later admitted that $10 billion was missing after SLS blew alarm.

The same worthless and incompetent woman who kept tens of thousands of ghost workers on the government parole while we bled to death

The same worthless and incompetent woman who was borrowing hundreds of billions to pay salaries when oil was selling for $80.

The same worthless and incompetent woman who told us to get ready to suffer, for recession and austerity when oil was selling for $80.

The same worthless and incompetent woman who who failed miserably under 2 administrations and was even sacked by one of them for shady practices.

Now, who is going to hire this worthless and grossly incompetent failure in Nigeria?

Who?

This dolt really know how to overstate her worthless importance...smh...
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 3:56pm On Sep 13, 2016
sarrki:
Madam , you won't even be called to serve
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by banio: 4:47pm On Sep 13, 2016
Let's be truthful and straightforward about this project called Nigeria. How many times had Nigeria gone into recession, what was the external reserve handed over to the govt b4 recession? , and what was the price of crude?

All blame goes to this govt
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 13, 2016
nobilis:
Really??

Stop talking as if you wise.

Do you know as we speak the CBN is dishing out N10m each to farmers who applied for govt support. The question now is, does this money get to farmers ?

Is this different from you ?
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by Cletus77(m): 6:11pm On Sep 13, 2016
madam go rest abeg... Allow buhari suffer alone, should in case small mistake come out, dem go blamy u till u die
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by Max24: 6:24pm On Sep 13, 2016
nobilis:

You are wrong, my brother. You seem not informed. Go back to 3 - 5years ago and check if NOI had not warned us of what is happening now. The same party in govt castigated her calling her different names like voodoo economist. Now, we know who the real voodoo economists are. Where were u when the governors forum under Saraki and Am each I refused her advice for the country to save. She had to use $1b fed govt money to open SWF. The states under Ameachi even took the fed govt to the Supreme Court over the issue. Ask the states today how much they saved - none Ask the then chairman of governors forum ,now Buharis key minister how much of Rivers State money he saved or any APC governor for that matter. Even today's TSA promptly adopted by Buhari was her brainchild. Also, why was it easy for Buhari to trace Dasukis loot - because NOI did not cook the books. She kept record of who collected what. And for the loot ask the elected President Jonathan. Ministers are never elected but appointed. Nigerian Presidency is executive if u know what that means. Unless otherwise you were a kid few years back.

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by adecares(f): 7:21pm On Sep 13, 2016
On behalf of the Nigeria youth, I say we don't need you to serve, in fact we don't need your contribution at all.
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by Mintek: 7:56pm On Sep 13, 2016
mazimee:

God bless you for cutting those pathetic zombies to size.
Re: Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 13, 2016
smellingmenses:

takes an airfilled brain to speak thus

bros dont mind that surname of an ass.

so since the price of oil is international, u are invariably telling us that within that same time Nigeria was the biggest economy in Africa that Venezuela was the same for South America(Brazil) and Russia was the biggest economy in Europe(Germany) Canada was the biggest economy in North America(USA). Same with Asia, middle East and Australia. Pls someone should tell this zombie that the price of crude oil and even the wealth of a country has never determined the economy of that country. it is the macro-economic policies that matter. And that is why NOI remains invaluable since 1999 as Minister of Finance.

APC have no reason for taking us where we are today
1.when PDP handed over to them, Crude oil was selling at 32USD per Barrel, today its is between 45-50 USD

2. PUMP PRICE of PETROL was NGN87 today under APC it is NGN145, the same subsidy they blackmailed PDP has been removed since MAY,now do the Maths NGN145-NGN87= NGN58. this implies that for every single litre of fuel imported into this country that this APC government saves 58Naira. and we use above 40million litres of petrol per day. Using that benchmark, APC-ran FG saves 58 X 45,000,000=2,610,000,000NGN(2.61 Billion Naira) daily from the fuel we use. under GEJ's dispensation, at least the little they saved from the initial PUMP PRICE of NGN65 which was upped to NGN87 had a name and a purse called SURE-P. The little we benefited from that remains visible for all of us to see. there is no University in Nigeria that doesn't have a SURE-P project. The railway and Trains we are enjoying today in Nigeria was put in place with this same fund,we also have hospitals and UBE schools either built or renovated with the same fund. But today, nobody mentions anything about this extra money. And no one asks for it.

3. APC told us that all siphoning holes from our treasury has been blocked thru the full implementation of TSA that PDP Initiated and was gradually implementing to avoid economic shock to our banks and SMEs lending. APC also told us that they got more than 12 trillion Naira from recovered loots.

4 The benchmark fro crude sale in our 2016 budget was 33USD per barrel, now we are selling above 40USD per barrel,
now my questions are,

1. why has allocation to states and LGAs been shredded down to PEANUTS
2. why is FG owing and paying half salaries, allowances and other emoluments
3. why is ASUU and other professionals threatening to lay down tools
4. why did our economy shrink
5 How much do we have now in our Excess Crude Account ECA
6. why is APC telling you and I that Nigeria is Broke

Kemi Adeosun who doesnt the sum of 16+6 and Zombies, Over to you guys

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Soludo Demolishes Olulu Eke Deity In Ekwulobia, Anambra (Video) / Operation Paramole: Oduduwa Nation Security Force Launched In Ogun (Photos) / APC: We Will Soon Release Shocking Revelations About Jonathan’s Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.