Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,394 members, 7,846,644 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates (12830 Views)

Senate To Get New Nominee For Oyo - Vanguard / Official Final Results For Oyo State Just Announced / 2015: Alao-akala Picks PDP N3m Nomination Form For Oyo State Guber Race. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by Sagamite(m): 6:26pm On Oct 09, 2009
Sholeyb:

May I say that if my post is read carefully, I did not say this is the perfect situation, the governor should create better jobs for graduates. However my policy in life is to see the cup as half full instead of half empty. If there are no jobs befitting of a graduate and there is something legal available, why not seize the opportunity. I knew a few of my Uni mates in Nigeria, who were moonlighting as security gaurds in VI at the time, I know someone very close to me actually, who was doing kabu kabu when he was in Uni, he now works in a bank in a good poistion.

Let me give you an example of someone I know in the UK, he worked at McDonalds as a security guard when he arrived in the UK in the 80's, to cut a long story short, he somehow started to supply security gaurds to McDonalds and now he is turning over millions(in £'s) every year, he is no longer a security gaurd and lives such a good life.

Life is what we make of it. We can decide to complain and refuse to do anything about our situation, hoping for something better to come along or we can make do with what is available and opt out when the desirable becomes available.

Have you thought that there is no need for the cup to be half full when there are kegs of palm wine lying on the floor next to it.

For example, if this bleaching slowpoke wants to give jobs to graduates, why not set up a scheme like using the funds to acquire land to lease to the grads and teach and support them in developing mechanized farming corporations in a country that is hungry for diversification from oil and with an accelerating population, and a state in an arably favourable setting?

From there you can use the skills of an Agric, HR, Bus Admin, land surveyor, quantity surveyor, mech eng grad.

Just simple thinking. They don't even need to buy the land, I guess the government would own a large portion of it in the state.

But it is Akala with his Akara visions.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by AloyEmeka3: 6:37pm On Oct 09, 2009
Sagamite:

But it is Akala with his Akara visions.
LWKMD grin grin grin

This will be the first lyric in his new rap track. grin grin grin
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by bawomolo(m): 6:40pm On Oct 09, 2009
akala with akara visions grin
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by AloyEmeka3: 6:45pm On Oct 09, 2009
Sholeyb:

May I say that if my post is read carefully, I did not say this is the perfect situation, the governor should create better jobs for graduates. However my policy in life is to see the cup as half full instead of half empty. If there are no jobs befitting of a graduate and there is something legal available, why not seize the opportunity. I knew a few of my Uni mates in Nigeria, who were moonlighting as security gaurds in VI at the time, I know someone very close to me actually, who was doing kabu kabu when he was in Uni, he now works in a bank in a good poistion.

Let me give you an example of someone I know in the UK, he worked at McDonalds as a security guard when he arrived in the UK in the 80's, to cut a long story short, he somehow started to supply security gaurds to McDonalds and now he is turning over millions(in £'s) every year, he is no longer a security gaurd and lives such a good life.

Life is what we make of it. We can decide to complain and refuse to do anything about our situation, hoping for something better to come along or we can make do with what is available and opt out when the desirable becomes available.

May I remind you that Fashola also bought cabs?. Why didn't he call it "graduate employment scheme"?. Don't we have unemployed graduates in Lagos state?.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by bidemi12(m): 7:17pm On Oct 09, 2009
@aloy emeka I wonder who his publicist is? so daft.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by Sagamite(m): 7:22pm On Oct 09, 2009
bidemi12:

@aloy emeka I wonder who his publicist is? so daft.

No matter how educated you are, I can just imagine how difficult it would be to work with such a stark, daft illiterate.

I can even imagine that the better your education is the more a handicap it might be as he and his entourage would hold you in disdain and try and show you who is the boss by holding your contribution in comtempt.

Akala has, in my eyes, been hopeless for a long time. Male bleaching MF thug.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by bidemi12(m): 7:27pm On Oct 09, 2009
@sagamite This is what happens when you annoint/appoint governors in a democracy.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by Sholeyb: 7:40pm On Oct 09, 2009
There are at least 2 issues here;

1. Akala creating the jobs- I do not condone him creating these sorts of jobs for graduates, he is short sighted and can do better but refuses or lacks any intelligence to do so.
2. Graduates doing menial jobs- I do not in anyway say this job is right for a graduate and I agree that they are entitled to better.

My comments are mainly directed at the unfortunate graduates that find that they have no choice but to do such a job. If you are a graduate and have no alternative at the moment, do this job until something better comes along. I am speaking from experience, I trained as a Lawyer in naija, but when I got here(UK) for a few years I could not practice, however after 3 years I was able to start practising, if I insisted on ONLY law jobs, I would have suffered for three years and would not have been able to save £4000 to sit for the course that enabled me to practice as a solicitor here, I could have indulged in self pity and may still be waiting for a better job several years later.

Even in the UK, there is a shortage of jobs for graduates, they are having to do jobs below their educational status, there was a programme on the TV recently highlighting this. One of the graduates had to become a door to door sales man, but he is believing that things will improve.

Akala, like so many of our leaders are as thick as door handles, until the situation improves we unfortunately have to deal with people like Akala.

I would rather work as a taxi driver than rely on friends and family to support me, my present situation does not determine my destination.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by Sagamite(m): 7:47pm On Oct 09, 2009
Sholeyb:

There are at least 2 issues here;

1. Akala creating the jobs- I do not condone him creating these sorts of jobs for graduates, he is short sighted and can do better but refuses or lacks any intelligence to do so.
2. Graduates doing menial jobs- I do not in anyway say this job is right for a graduate and I agree that they are entitled to better.

My comments are mainly directed at the unfortunate graduates that find that they have no choice but to so such a job. If you are a graduate and have no alternative at the moment do this job until something better comes along. I am speaking from experience, I trained as a Lawyer in naija, but when I got here(UK) for a few years I could not practice, however after 3 years I was able to start practising, if I insisted on ONLY law jobs, I would have suffered for three years and would not have been able to save £4000 to sit for the course that enabled me to practice as a solicitor here, I could have indulged in self pity and may still be waiting for a better job several years later.

Even in the UK, there is a shortage of jobs for graduates in the UK and they are having to do jobs below their

Akala, like so many of our leaders are as thick as door handles, until the situation improves we unfortuantely have to deal with people like Akala.

I would rather work as a taxi driver than rely on friends and family to support me, my present situation does not determine my destination.

I get your point how there might be indirect marginal benefits for some graduates but I will not in any way give accolade to Akala for that. For this vision in the midst of vast opportunities and potentials, all he deserves is scorn and vilification.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by cvibe: 8:12pm On Oct 09, 2009
Too bad!

sad

The future of Oyo state is in the hands of taxi drivers.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 09, 2009
viva democracy - at your graduation, they'll hand out the keys to second hand nigerian used taxis tongue
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by slimes(m): 8:57pm On Oct 09, 2009
Akala or whatever his name is, does he know what it takes to be a graduate?. He has lost vision and should be kicked out of the government because he indeed doesn't have a workable plan for the Oyo youths. I pity him because he is nothing to write home about.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by sley4life(m): 9:08pm On Oct 09, 2009
hope its not done on the pages of newspaper
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by MT: 9:19pm On Oct 09, 2009
I have read so many comments here, and I must say that some people have the same mindset like the bleaching governor.

It has aLready been aired in the Nigerian dailies that Akala is the most corrupt governor in Nigeria, thus, I am never surprised with any of his moves.

The only achievement he has is to litter the street of Ibadan with his second term campaign billboards. He has committed enough crime for him to be put behind bar for life.

He is such a BASTARD !.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by Rooneyboy(m): 9:38pm On Oct 09, 2009
So i guess when his children graduate he will give them their own taxis ? ? ?
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by Rooneyboy(m): 9:44pm On Oct 09, 2009
He's such a stupid man , what a nice agenda he's got for graduate.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by Princek12(m): 9:47pm On Oct 09, 2009
What do you expect from an unexposed, illiterate Ibadan boy? Incompetence. This man lacks the requisite intelligence to implement a policy that will substantially improve the quality of life and that which will reduce graduate unemployment for the indigenes of Oyo state. While critics here may express their cynicism towards his taxi-graduate partnership program, Alao Akala is just a reflection of the overwhelming population of benighted people in Oyo state, many of whom are unexposed and backward in their way of thinking; these same Ibadan folks, knowing the type of illiterate candidate they had, supported Akala during his campaign to unseat yet another illiterate, Rasheed Ladoja. Rasheed Ladoja inherited the governorship form another local and unexposed semi-illiterate, Lam Adesina. If in doubt, take a look at the complete history of civilian governors of Oyo state and you will realize that with the exception of the late Bola Ige and the late Obafemi Awolowo, most of the governors in Oyo state have been either illiterates or unexposed semi educated-illiterates. If he were to run in Lagos, Alao Akala would unlikely win; his class and intelligence also pales in comparison to governor Fashola of Lagos State, who represents the demographics of Lagos.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by AloyEmeka3: 10:08pm On Oct 09, 2009
Princek12:

What do you expect from an unexposed, illiterate Ibadan boy? Incompetence. This man lacks the requisite intelligence to implement a policy that will substantially improve the quality of life and that which will reduce graduate unemployment for the indigenes of Oyo state. While critics here may express their cynicism towards his taxi-graduate partnership program, Alao Akala is just a reflection of the overwhelming population of benighted people in Oyo state, many of whom are unexposed and backward in their way of thinking; these same Ibadan folks, knowing the type of illiterate candidate they had, supported Akala during his campaign to unseat yet another illiterate, Rasheed Ladoja. Rasheed Ladoja inherited the governorship form another local and unexposed semi-illiterate, Lam Adesina. If in doubt, take a look at the complete history of civilian governors of Oyo state and you will realize that with the exception of the late Bola Ige and the late Obafemi Awolowo, most of the governors in Oyo state have been either illiterates or unexposed educated-illiterates. If he were to run, Alao Akala would unlikely win in Lagos and his class and intelligence pales in comparison to governor Fashola of Lagos State, who represents the demographics of Lagos.

Concise and standard. Spot on.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by dejacrue: 10:16pm On Oct 09, 2009
if this is true, then it is downgrading. how would the graduates feel when they meet their former school colleagues asking them to drive them to their place of destinations? moreover any recruitment asking u to pay for a job offer should be properly investigated & treated cautiously.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by bidemi12(m): 10:21pm On Oct 09, 2009
@Princek12 Infact you too much. Princek12 for GOVERNOR!!!!! grin
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by msaalli(m): 10:31pm On Oct 09, 2009
Princek12:

What do you expect from an unexposed, illiterate Ibadan boy? Incompetence. This man lacks the requisite intelligence to implement a policy that will substantially improve the quality of life and that which will reduce graduate unemployment for the indigenes of Oyo state. While critics here may express their cynicism towards his taxi-graduate partnership program, Alao Akala is just a reflection of the overwhelming population of benighted people in Oyo state, many of whom are unexposed and backward in their way of thinking; these same Ibadan folks, knowing the type of illiterate candidate they had, supported Akala during his campaign to unseat yet another illiterate, Rasheed Ladoja. Rasheed Ladoja inherited the governorship form another local and unexposed semi-illiterate, Lam Adesina. If in doubt, take a look at the complete history of civilian governors of Oyo state and you will realize that with the exception of the late Bola Ige and the late Obafemi Awolowo, most of the governors in Oyo state have been either illiterates or unexposed semi educated-illiterates. If he were to run in Lagos, Alao Akala would unlikely win; his class and intelligence also pales in comparison to governor Fashola of Lagos State, who represents the demographics of Lagos.

and if u cared to read as well, u would realize d following:
1) akala is not an Ibadan man but rather from ogbomoso.
2) at the last elections, akala was never the recipient of the votes of the ibadan people, who voted in their large numbers for ajimobi.
3) the case was duly pursued to the court of appeal which controversially confirmed him as governor, so please tell me how "the backward and unexposed people" could have prevented him from being on the seat with the active support of the instrument of state from OBJ himself without recourse to the same backwardness u so affirmatively see in the Ibadan people. or how are they to overrule the supposed wish of the ibarapas, ogbomosos, oyos who supposedly voted for akala?
4) what other governor could be said to have actually performed in the 1999-2003 era? while not holding brief for Lam, he at least had the decency to give the people free and almost qualitative education, free comprehensive health, addressed his promise of agriculture which can be attested to by visiting the Ibarapa and Oke-Ogun areas of Oyo state which have sadly being abandoned by subsequent administrations.
5) a semi-illiterate as u accused Ibadan people of being, Busari Adelakun was widely adjudged to e the best commissioner in the administration of Bola Ige and he contributed in no small measure to the success of Bola Ige in his position as Commissioner of Agriculture.
6) victor olunloyo, who took over from bola ige, is a doctorate degree holder in mathematics.

I'm not holding brief for akala but if u need to address a topic, address the topic and not generalize things about people you know little or nothing or nothing about.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by msaalli(m): 10:33pm On Oct 09, 2009
Back to the topic,

Is that really the best he can do in some people's opinion? Then I presume you have never heard of the Agric YES initiative in Lagos or you are not aware that there are at least fourteen discovered minerals in various locations of Oyo State in commercial quantities, such as marble, aquamarine, tantalite, quartz, talc, granite (you can cross-reference these at http://oyostate.gov.ng). A state as richly blessed as this IMO should not be struggling with unemployment. What happened to tourism? What happened to for example utilizing the tantalite in particular which is everyone of us is utilizing in one way or the other in form of phones, computers, medical equipment. Is it wrong having the graduates in research and development with a couple of willing professors or is it asking too much? Or those developing in the West and East of the world have more than a brain?
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by bidemi12(m): 10:37pm On Oct 09, 2009
@msaalli you have made a point. i aplogise for jubilating over the generalisation. I hope tpia is reading this, arguements are won with logic and facts. But still Akala is a fool who should be villified at every opportunity.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by 3kay945(m): 10:41pm On Oct 09, 2009
will there ever be hope in dis country? cry
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by bidemi12(m): 10:42pm On Oct 09, 2009
@msaalli you have lost me on you second write up. what is your point exactly?
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by assetstrip(m): 10:52pm On Oct 09, 2009
What gets my goat is the fact that the elite of Ibadan are not vociforous enough in condemning this looser on the desolation he has brought on the city of Ibadan and Oyo state in general. From what i hear the place has gone to the dogs, and this thinks he can get away with just setting up a taxi scheme for graduates!! what is this dude on.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by msaalli(m): 10:54pm On Oct 09, 2009
bidemi12:

@msaalli you have lost me on you second write up. what is your point exactly?

my point on the second post s being made on those saying th cab idea can be seen as utilizing a chance for something better. I believe in a state as richly blessed as Oyo state, it is an aberration to think of a cab scheme as a means of getting graduates employed when there are agricultural schemes that can be utilized such as AGRIC YES in Lagos and there are natural resources that can be exploited making use of as many of these graduates as would be relevant instead of the cab initiative, am I clearer?
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by posakosa(m): 11:04pm On Oct 09, 2009
Akala is a Arrow.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by Sagamite(m): 11:33pm On Oct 09, 2009
msaalli:

Back to the topic,

Is that really the best he can do in some people's opinion? Then I presume you have never heard of the Agric YES initiative in Lagos or you are not aware that there are at least fourteen discovered minerals in various locations of Oyo State in commercial quantities, such as marble, aquamarine, tantalite, quartz, talc, granite (you can cross-reference these at http://oyostate.gov.ng). A state as richly blessed as this IMO should not be struggling with unemployment. What happened to tourism? What happened to for example utilizing the tantalite in particular which is everyone of us is utilizing in one way or the other in form of phones, computers, medical equipment. Is it wrong having the graduates in research and development with a couple of willing professors or is it asking too much? Or those developing in the West and East of the world have more than a brain?

Chineke me!!!

Look at this confused man o!

You want Akala to see the value of putting grads with professors to do research and development? Did he complain about his bleaching products to warrant R&gringrin

Go and tell him such rubbish and see how dem go beat you for governor house and use tantalite to make Akara for you. Yeye Alakowe, wan dey come scatter Chief Thug head with this educational jargons and jagbajantis.  cheesy grin

Na one of the taxis them go us run you down as you dey leave governor house. Na tpia go dey drive am. grin wink
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by posakosa(m): 11:37pm On Oct 09, 2009
This tpia girl don suffer, na wa oooh! Everybody takes a stab at her.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by tunyus(m): 11:40pm On Oct 09, 2009
taxi driving 4 naija graduate,
funny tins neva seize to happen in nigeria
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by bidemi12(m): 11:46pm On Oct 09, 2009
@sagamite I swear i no know who worse pass, you or princek12. comedy de una vein. I hope the guy understand the irony of wetin you write. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report / Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State / Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.