Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Doctor Removes Herdsman’s Kidney In Adamawa Thinking It's Tumour - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor Removes Herdsman’s Kidney In Adamawa Thinking It's Tumour (47229 Views)

Doctor Removes Huge Fibroids, Warns Nigerian Women. Graphic Photos / Woman All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery To Remove Huge Facial Tumour. Photos / Veterinary Doctor Removes Bikini From An Intestine During Surgery (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor Removes Herdsman’s Kidney In Adamawa Thinking It's Tumour by Lotel: 5:48pm On Sep 22, 2016
After 5 yrs in University, I sure sey d man come from aba[color=#006600][/color] shocked
Re: Doctor Removes Herdsman’s Kidney In Adamawa Thinking It's Tumour by Uyi168: 5:52pm On Sep 22, 2016
maybe the tumor is bean-shaped..
Re: Doctor Removes Herdsman’s Kidney In Adamawa Thinking It's Tumour by sleek82(m): 5:52pm On Sep 22, 2016
Please they should just tell us the truth about this matter. How can a doctor mistake kidney for tumor? Don't they have examinations before a surgery is deemed fit for solutions to medicals problems? Why was the patient even having a surgery in the first place?

1 Like

Re: Doctor Removes Herdsman’s Kidney In Adamawa Thinking It's Tumour by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 22, 2016
magicminister:
LOOOL!

Like i always say, the only thing a doctor trained in Nigeria can properly diagnose is Malaria and typhoid.
Even that can also be misdiagnose by our ever competent doctors.

They never fail to prove me right.
I am sure this doctor graduated from EBSU cos na those ones worse pass lol!!!!
. Better stop saying what u dont understand.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Removes Herdsman’s Kidney In Adamawa Thinking It's Tumour by Uyi168: 5:53pm On Sep 22, 2016
Lotel:
After 5 yrs in University, I sure sey d man come from aba[color=#006600][/color] shocked
..medical school,5yrs?..u knw nothing..
Re: Doctor Removes Herdsman’s Kidney In Adamawa Thinking It's Tumour by Lucasbalo(m): 5:54pm On Sep 22, 2016
magicminister:
LOOOL!

Like i always say, the only thing a doctor trained in Nigeria can properly diagnose is Malaria and typhoid.
Even that can also be misdiagnose by our ever competent doctors.

They never fail to prove me right.
I am sure this doctor graduated from EBSU cos na those ones worse pass lol!!!!
Gbam.
Re: Doctor Removes Herdsman’s Kidney In Adamawa Thinking It's Tumour by sekundosekundo: 5:55pm On Sep 22, 2016
thorpido:
shocked Mistake?
Even biology students will recognise a kidney.
There's a conspiracy here.
Which conspiracy, the Northerners are too tribalistc. If you check well, you may discover that they rejected a qualified doctor of Southern origin and put this fake northern doctor Who can't even differentiate between a kidney and a liver.
Re: Doctor Removes Herdsman’s Kidney In Adamawa Thinking It's Tumour by Lucasbalo(m): 5:58pm On Sep 22, 2016
That's really sad. In a Litigious Western Nation, that guy will sue the hospital and the Doctor and come out rich. Nigeria is a different case. Hope the doctor's license is revoked and he's prosecuted for attempted Murder.
Re: Doctor Removes Herdsman’s Kidney In Adamawa Thinking It's Tumour by HaneefahRN(f): 5:59pm On Sep 22, 2016
That must be a quack not a real Doctor. Like how is that even possible?
Re: Doctor Removes Herdsman’s Kidney In Adamawa Thinking It's Tumour by donvicky2007: 6:02pm On Sep 22, 2016
[quote author=Mimidiva post=49580391] grin I can't stop laughing, these are the kind of doctors that school went through them; not them going thru school, and from the North again, his license should be ceased, he suppose to be in the bush catching animals not experimenting on human bodies, Olodo doctor[/quote

Don't be deceived, it seems someone in the government has taken the boys kidney and the agreement didn't go down well.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Removes Herdsman’s Kidney In Adamawa Thinking It's Tumour by NairaMaster1(m): 6:02pm On Sep 22, 2016
thorpido:
shocked Mistake?
Ok, have ever heard of congenital kidney? The herdsman was born with a congenital kidney (just one kidney located at the lower abdomen) so check your biology text books and see the location of a normal kidney. The abnormal kidney presented as a gangrinous mass. Doctors are not as you think. If he wanted the guy dead it's as simple as ABCD.
Re: Doctor Removes Herdsman’s Kidney In Adamawa Thinking It's Tumour by Malawian(m): 6:04pm On Sep 22, 2016
Mimidiva:
grin I can't stop laughing, these are the kind of doctors that school went through them; not them going thru school, and from the North again, his license should be ceased, he suppose to be in the bush catching animals not experimenting on human bodies, Olodo doctor
they are called non-academic students grin grin
Re: Doctor Removes Herdsman’s Kidney In Adamawa Thinking It's Tumour by Tsongz(f): 6:05pm On Sep 22, 2016
grin he wan carry am go Malay for hot dough
Re: Doctor Removes Herdsman’s Kidney In Adamawa Thinking It's Tumour by LezDiva(f): 6:05pm On Sep 22, 2016
thorpido:
shocked Mistake?
you have said it all. how on earth will a so called doctor mistake a kidney for a tumor .. i smell a rat in this story
Re: Doctor Removes Herdsman’s Kidney In Adamawa Thinking It's Tumour by melomelo: 6:10pm On Sep 22, 2016
Okay my question is dat is there any difference between a Lion and an herdsman? Lions kills Herdsmen kill.
Re: Doctor Removes Herdsman’s Kidney In Adamawa Thinking It's Tumour by AreaFada2: 6:11pm On Sep 22, 2016
hUmaneOne:

Even a poor 300level medical student can differentiate a kidney from a tumour..
Either the guy is a fake doctor who has never attended a medical sschool or he harvested the kidney..

Well, not so fast. Many things are bastardised in 9ja. Not every doctor is a surgeon. It is a specialty requiring many years of postgraduate training. But jack of all trade stuff is common in 9ja.

An abnormally shaped or sized kidney can present very differently. Have you seen a kidney around 4 times its normal size due to kidney stone? They are now mostly anatomy museum pieces in the West. But with our poor health care system and poverty, I would not be surprised if such still exists in 9ja.

Now they said he thought it was a tumour. What if he thought it was a kidney tumour?

This is the problem with private practice in a porous system. There might be no senior colleagues to seek advice from in such a situation.

If any suspicion of kidney racketeering, the MoH and NMA should investigate of course.
Re: Doctor Removes Herdsman’s Kidney In Adamawa Thinking It's Tumour by NobleG1(m): 6:13pm On Sep 22, 2016
My oh my, hahshaha!

This is another evident that proves 90% (or more) of Nigerian "doctors" are very incompetent and dangerous!

Does anyone still wonder why a lot of people die in Nigerian hospitals? I know many people who were diagnosed for ailments they were not suffering!

A friend of mine who traveled home had a severe headache. He went to both private and general hospitals, their diagnosis were totally different. The useless Private hospital told him he had a tumor in his brain that needs to be removed ASAP, while the worthless General hospital told him that was suffering from acute fever!

When my friend told me all these sh*it, I adviced him to forget Nigerian quack doctors and come back to Europe to visit a REAL doctor here. When he visited a doctor here, it didn't take the doctor 2mins to tell him he had a Migraine! And the headache vanished after treatment!

Nigerian "doctors" should be ashamed of themselves! They're a huge disgrace. A visit to a Nigerian hospital is like a visit to a human slaughter house. They kill more people than they save. That's what happens when they engage in guess work on patients' health!

Nigerian education system is a complete failure! Any id*iot can cheat or buy his/her way through medical school to be a doctor! I've no respect for them.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Removes Herdsman’s Kidney In Adamawa Thinking It's Tumour by fujirice: 6:14pm On Sep 22, 2016
Kidney wey don reach Saudi Arabia
Make I hear say na mistake the doctor make grin grin

1 Like

Re: Doctor Removes Herdsman’s Kidney In Adamawa Thinking It's Tumour by captainD567: 6:15pm On Sep 22, 2016
What do u expect ABOKI doctor from the north to do...aboki doctor vs fulani herdsman mtcheew rubbish north. Wen him recovers he will still slaughter the doctor. All of them are the same
Re: Doctor Removes Herdsman’s Kidney In Adamawa Thinking It's Tumour by thorpido(m): 6:19pm On Sep 22, 2016
NairaMaster1:

Ok, have ever heard of congenital kidney? The herdsman was born with a congenital kidney (just one kidney located at the lower abdomen) so check your biology text books and see the location of a normal kidney. The abnormal kidney presented as a gangrinous mass. Doctors are not as you think. If he wanted the guy dead it's as simple as ABCD.
Even if it was a congenital kidney abnormality and the kidney had to be removed,the victim should not have been left in the dark.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Removes Herdsman’s Kidney In Adamawa Thinking It's Tumour by fujirice: 6:20pm On Sep 22, 2016
NobleG1:
My oh my, hahshaha!

This is another evident that proves 90% (or more) of Nigerian "doctors" are very incompetent and dangerous!

Does anyone still wonder why a lot of people die in Nigerian hospitals? I know many people who were diagnosed for ailments they were not suffering!

A friend of mine who traveled home had a severe headache. He went to both private and general hospitals, their diagnosis were totally different. The useless Private hospital told him he had a tumour in his brain that needs to be removed ASAP, while the worthless General hospital told him that was suffering from acute fever!

When my friend told me all these sh*it, I adviced him to forget Nigerian quack doctors and come back to Europe to visit a REAL doctor here. When he visited a doctor here, it didn't take the doctor 2mins to tell him he had a Migraine! And the headache vanished after treatment!

Nigerian "doctors" should be ashamed of themselves! They're a huge disgrace. A visit to a Nigerian hospital is like a visit to a human slaughter house. They kill more people than they save. That's what happens when they engage in guess work on patients' health!

Nigerian education system is a complete failure! Any id*iot can cheat or buy his/her way through medical school to be a doctor! I've no respect for them.
Oga it haf do! There are still quacks in your so called Europe.
That was how they told Dora Akunyili that she didn't have cancer after a Nigerian doctor diagnosed her of one.
Do I still remind you of Stella Obasanjo?
'nough said

1 Like

Re: Doctor Removes Herdsman’s Kidney In Adamawa Thinking It's Tumour by AreaFada2: 6:24pm On Sep 22, 2016
NobleG1:
My oh my, hahshaha!

This is another evident that proves 90% (or kore) of Nigerian "doctors" are very incompetent and dangerous!

A friend of mine who traveled home had a severe headache. He went to both private and general hospitals, their diagnosis were totally different. The useless Private hospital told him he had a tumour in his brain that needs to be removed ASAP, while the worthless General hospital told him that was suffering from acute fever!

The system can be a lot better for sure. But there are still many competent ones. Especially among the older generation. Of course some of them trained abroad.

My biggest problem with 9ja doctors is attitude issue. A doctor does a far better job by respecting and listening to a patient.

Though migraine and brain tumour might have certain symptoms in common, a good listener would have spotted the differences through patient history.

How can he just recommend surgery without a brain scan, at least a CT or MRI scan? shocked

And the acute fever diagnosis, as a result of what? Meningitis? shocked

Very puzzling. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Doctor Removes Herdsman’s Kidney In Adamawa Thinking It's Tumour by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 22, 2016
drberry:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/doctor-mistakes-removes-herdsmans-kidney-as-tumour/

Seriously?

Lalasticlala don't fp this one. It's embarrassing.
Re: Doctor Removes Herdsman’s Kidney In Adamawa Thinking It's Tumour by eyinjuege: 6:31pm On Sep 22, 2016
Mimidiva:
grin I can't stop laughing, these are the kind of doctors that school went through them; not them going thru school, and from the North again, his license should be ceased, he suppose to be in the bush catching animals not experimenting on human bodies, Olodo doctor

Don't be surprised that the Dr is a southerner. A lot of southerners school in the north and some stay back.

And most probably not licensed to be a surgeon.
Surgeons always respect tissues.

In fact, I doubt his medical certificate.

The northerners I know that went to school, and studied medicine are quite good at it FYI.

I remember the story. It didn't make sense then, and I'm even more confused now.

How could he have removed the two kidneys, and thought it was a tumor?

The guy is mental. I hope he goes to jail undecided

Anyway, let's hear from the butcher too.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Removes Herdsman’s Kidney In Adamawa Thinking It's Tumour by shunletsam(m): 6:33pm On Sep 22, 2016
quack!!!
Re: Doctor Removes Herdsman’s Kidney In Adamawa Thinking It's Tumour by Jacko1(m): 6:38pm On Sep 22, 2016
Which kain quack doctor is this

Jesus

Some private hospitals are scammers
Re: Doctor Removes Herdsman’s Kidney In Adamawa Thinking It's Tumour by oluwasegun007(m): 6:46pm On Sep 22, 2016
After all his medical practice he cant identify a kidney when he sees one...

God help us..
Re: Doctor Removes Herdsman’s Kidney In Adamawa Thinking It's Tumour by jennyebi(f): 6:48pm On Sep 22, 2016
This is not the real story. how can a doctor mistake a kidney for a tumor? after about 6years in medical school? more years in training to become a surgeon? unbelievable! In my 3rd year, I already knew how/what a kidney looks like! there is definitely more 2 ds story!

1 Like

Re: Doctor Removes Herdsman’s Kidney In Adamawa Thinking It's Tumour by yemiosinbajo: 6:52pm On Sep 22, 2016
fujirice:

Oga it haf do! There are still quacks in your so called Europe.
That was how they told Dora Akunyili that she didn't have cancer after a Nigerian doctor diagnosed her of one.
Do I still remind you of Stella Obasanjo?
'nough said

There are quacks everywhere, but before you count five in western countries, you would have counted 250 here. I'm sure Akunyili (a Nigerian-trained pharmacist) knew this; hence she kept going abroad for treatment, even after being aware of the misdiagnosis.
Re: Doctor Removes Herdsman’s Kidney In Adamawa Thinking It's Tumour by MistadeRegal(m): 6:52pm On Sep 22, 2016
ramdris:
This is the most hilarious thread av seen here on Nairaland...This gotta b a huge joke

In fact, hyper-hilarious!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Baby Born With Internal Organs Outside In Benue State (Disturbing Photos) / It's October 13 (no Bra Day) / Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.