Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

How Many Of You Are In A Relationship Without Sex? Share Your Experience - Romance (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Many Of You Are In A Relationship Without Sex? Share Your Experience (62541 Views)

What Is Your Biggest Turn Off In The Opposite Sex? Share / Can You Be In A Relationship Without Sex, Kisses, Getting Physical Etc? / Guys, Ever Been Embarrassed For Sex? Share Your Awkward Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Of You Are In A Relationship Without Sex? Share Your Experience by Jasparo123: 6:29am On Sep 23, 2016
Jasparo123:
you're giving it another guy...
when you're giving it to another guy.
Re: How Many Of You Are In A Relationship Without Sex? Share Your Experience by xtervaganza(m): 6:32am On Sep 23, 2016
raziboi:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahh

seriously. ...it's all about experience.... i did no sex.. for 2yrs she left, another for 8 mnths she left.... i stopped.... oooo...

girls have really dealt with us with this no sex stuff. i don't just believe in it again!!!
bro, why did you indulge yourself in such farce?

I wouldn't be found in a no sex relationship. When aye is not doing me

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Are In A Relationship Without Sex? Share Your Experience by mengho(m): 6:35am On Sep 23, 2016
ibietela2:

There's no guarantee that you guys will get married without involving in pre marital sex

Atleast ur dignity will stay intact, you won't be having a situation were u went out with the girl you so love & u just meet some guy dat will be telling you "dude i tapped dat sh*t, she's great in bed"
Re: How Many Of You Are In A Relationship Without Sex? Share Your Experience by Missmossy(f): 6:36am On Sep 23, 2016
raziboi:

mahma sometimes you don't need to blame us having sex ...things happen for a reason... i once dated a girl for 2yrs without sex.. she just left like that, i felt bad cause she wasted my time... i opt in for another 8months with another girl.. she got tired....and left.....( these gals left cause they have nothing to loose... after their promises oo....
when they know you av not had sex with them... they are just not committed.. meaning the can just decided to leave you anytime )

so i just stopped it.... so am i to blame
I can imagine you are not to blame. Sex doesn't mean commitment though i wonder when both became synonymous. The thing is very few people can give you the results you desire.

3 Likes

Re: How Many Of You Are In A Relationship Without Sex? Share Your Experience by Missmossy(f): 6:38am On Sep 23, 2016
herald9:

Miss Mossy, just tell us if you are or not and stop this sermon already grin grin
Lol its obvious from what i said biko i don't need to type in large fonts.So just leave it at what i said last night.
Re: How Many Of You Are In A Relationship Without Sex? Share Your Experience by Kenontop: 6:47am On Sep 23, 2016
Meeloreh:
Well, it's still available. Yes, here in Nigeria. It's about finding the right person that geniuly loves you and has a future. If he has the fear of God n he wants a future with you, it's all good. The phrase "everyone is doing it" shouldn't make u do it cuz that phrase isn't 100% correct. Stand out sis wink
[color=#006600][/color]
The phrase is 100% correct. It's all about determination and trust.
Re: How Many Of You Are In A Relationship Without Sex? Share Your Experience by Luckygurl(f): 6:52am On Sep 23, 2016
shadeyinka:
I will like to encourage as many young men and ladies who have decided on a no-sex relationship. Trust me, I've been there at least for 2 1/2 years before I got married.

It is worth it at the end of the day. When you finally get married you will discover that the most promiscuous girl (except commercial prostitutes) can NOT match your frequency of sexual intimacy. Just imagine, 3x4x12 times on the average per year for the next 30-40 years of your marriage life (at a modest average of thrice a week). kai!

You will also discover that though sex is important and beautiful, it doesn't define marriage success.

If you can't keep yourself before marriage what is the guarantee that you can prevent adultery if a "suitable opportunity" presents itself.

The foundation of TRUST, LOVE and RESPECT for each other bus what you should build in your premarital relationships.

One thing helps though:
Why go into an intimate relationship before you are ready for marriage? What are you practising in the dating game?

Why not just be friends in your relationships when you are not yet ready for marriage.

Above all, Fear God
Hate Sin
All things are possible to them who believe.

Stay blessed, Stay chaste.
You are not a minority! There are many like you, don't fall for "everyone is doing it" slogan. Its a lie!

Care to explain more on the emboldened
Re: How Many Of You Are In A Relationship Without Sex? Share Your Experience by MVLOX(m): 6:53am On Sep 23, 2016
ibietela2:

So what you are saying is that your family issues is because of they had sex?

Nope all am saying is dat we don't want to complicate our own situation by having sex related issues like STDs, unwanted pregnancies etc
Re: How Many Of You Are In A Relationship Without Sex? Share Your Experience by Zumbest(m): 7:00am On Sep 23, 2016
it is really possible to be in a relationship without sex though difficult but when you make up your mind you can stand the temptation, we clocked one year with my girl friend without sex and all things seems normal, we are trusting God to keep ourselves

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Are In A Relationship Without Sex? Share Your Experience by Kenontop: 7:01am On Sep 23, 2016
spice123:
I didn't have sex with my wife until we got married. Well from my experience I will say that it wasn't easy at all for the 1 year and 6 months we courted. Let's be realistic here. Aside the true love, the key things that 'WE' used was discipline and respect. That is what it is.
Nice one. But there was something like Kissing and little romance?
Re: How Many Of You Are In A Relationship Without Sex? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 23, 2016
youmour:
Mtchew,kukuma tell me make I donate my preek for ritual
grin
youmour:
Mtchew,kukuma tell me make I donate my preek for ritual
Re: How Many Of You Are In A Relationship Without Sex? Share Your Experience by yazz09(m): 7:09am On Sep 23, 2016
I've come to realize from this thread that most guys don't even know been in a relationship is all about.

Sex is not the bases of a relationship, the foundation of a relationship is not made is sex.

its based on mutual respect, planning for your future and helping humanity the way you two can. Sex should be the last thing on your mind when you want to go into any relationship, becos it profits you nothing.

Let's stop living in Hollywood world and help make our real world a better place.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Of You Are In A Relationship Without Sex? Share Your Experience by joseph1832(m): 7:11am On Sep 23, 2016
telemapreye1:
Tell that to my fingers
You're the one telling the tale, not me. tongue
Re: How Many Of You Are In A Relationship Without Sex? Share Your Experience by femi4: 7:12am On Sep 23, 2016
ireneony:
I doubt if there's anyone in a relationship without having sex.
i have never met a guy that doesn't want sex in a relationship.

This happened one time..a guy asked me out and i told him i only do relationships without sex.
he was very blunt. .he said" for this town ..for Nigeria. .this kind tin still de happen"
here i was thinking he's the kind of person that does believe in a "without sex relationships" because of his innocent face.

The only time i see or hear WTHOUT SEX RELATIONSHIP is online stories and how ladies turned down men that practice without relationship, I'm like wowwww. Sometimes I'm like how come i don't see this kind of men.

This brings me to my question, how many of you are strictly in a relationship without sex, and how do you cope with the temptations?

Share your experience! !!
i m different

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Are In A Relationship Without Sex? Share Your Experience by doskie(m): 7:13am On Sep 23, 2016
telemapreye1:
That guy is dumb
Ignore him
no he's not. I was in a relationship with a girl named juliet. I told her strictly NO SEX and she agreed. After some time if you see the way she started disturbing me with sex and money. I lost respect for her and quit. Girls view relationship as financial responsibility on the guy.
Re: How Many Of You Are In A Relationship Without Sex? Share Your Experience by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:19am On Sep 23, 2016
ireneony:
I doubt if there's anyone in a relationship without having sex.
i have never met a guy that doesn't want sex in a relationship.

This happened one time..a guy asked me out and i told him i only do relationships without sex.
he was very blunt. .he said" for this town ..for Nigeria. .this kind tin still de happen"
here i was thinking he's the kind of person that does believe in a "without sex relationships" because of his innocent face.

The only time i see or hear WTHOUT SEX RELATIONSHIP is online stories and how ladies turned down men that practice without relationship, I'm like wowwww. Sometimes I'm like how come i don't see this kind of men.

This brings me to my question, how many of you are strictly in a relationship without sex, and how do you cope with the temptations?

Share your experience! !!

I have been in a relationship with my sweetheart for 3 Years + and we have had no sex to be married next year.
People are just twisted on their understanding of relationship.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Of You Are In A Relationship Without Sex? Share Your Experience by doskie(m): 7:23am On Sep 23, 2016
ireneony:
abstaining from sex is not a religious thing, is a choice
it is.

Check your frigging Bible and see if it says ure free to fvck.
Re: How Many Of You Are In A Relationship Without Sex? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 23, 2016
Is all about determination .

Am presently in such relation ship which is about a year and 8months now
Re: How Many Of You Are In A Relationship Without Sex? Share Your Experience by justicejay(m): 7:34am On Sep 23, 2016
ibietela2:

Why did you break up? Why where you shining other peoples kit kat? Is this not cheating?
The relationship later turned to long distance relationship which she find it hard to cop with it cos she went to ghana after we graduated. She said am no more caring and blabla bla. so we broke up.
Though I she has returned we even saw eachother early this month and the love is still in her eyes but its too late cos I can't double date.
And about the reason y am shining other girls carpet, well i think I av to satisfy myself sexual especially b4 marriage cos dia won't be room 4 dat after marriage.
Re: How Many Of You Are In A Relationship Without Sex? Share Your Experience by raziboi(m): 7:35am On Sep 23, 2016
Missmossy:

I can imagine you are not to blame. Sex doesn't mean commitment though i wonder when both became synonymous. The thing is very few people can give you the results you desire.
Exactly
Re: How Many Of You Are In A Relationship Without Sex? Share Your Experience by raziboi(m): 7:37am On Sep 23, 2016
xtervaganza:
bro, why did you indulge yourself in such farce?

I wouldn't be found in a no sex relationship. When aye is not doing me

I can't do it again.... Cause when i tired it..... It wasn't favorable to me
Re: How Many Of You Are In A Relationship Without Sex? Share Your Experience by chixtina2000(f): 7:50am On Sep 23, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

Would you enter a relationship without money? How irritating would that sound to you?

Thinking more of your desires and less of his is childish. The reverse is maturity.
very dumb thing to say
Re: How Many Of You Are In A Relationship Without Sex? Share Your Experience by samydacruz: 8:01am On Sep 23, 2016
Currently I am in a relationship without sex,its amazing that we live in the same lodge in school,but an attempt for sex have not occurred not for once, that's because we do more of outdoor meeting and it has been for 1yr or less . And we both love each other very much.......... Thank God for love

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Are In A Relationship Without Sex? Share Your Experience by ibietela2(m): 8:05am On Sep 23, 2016
MVLOX:

Nope all am saying is dat we don't want to complicate our own situation by having sex related issues like STDs, unwanted pregnancies etc

That's is why there are contraceptives (condom and the rest)

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Are In A Relationship Without Sex? Share Your Experience by ibietela2(m): 8:05am On Sep 23, 2016
justicejay:

The relationship later turned to long distance relationship which she find it hard to cop with it cos she went to ghana after we graduated. She said am no more caring and blabla bla. so we broke up.
Though I she has returned we even saw eachother early this month and the love is still in her eyes but its too late cos I can't double date.
And about the reason y am shining other girls carpet, well i think I av to satisfy myself sexual especially b4 marriage cos dia won't be room 4 dat after marriage.

Ohk, but you just justified cheating on your partner
Re: How Many Of You Are In A Relationship Without Sex? Share Your Experience by ibietela2(m): 8:08am On Sep 23, 2016
mengho:

Atleast ur dignity will stay intact, you won't be having a situation were u went out with the girl you so love & u just meet some guy dat will be telling you "dude i tapped dat sh*t, she's great in bed"

This doesn't make sense..... We all share our sexual experience with pals.
Re: How Many Of You Are In A Relationship Without Sex? Share Your Experience by ibietela2(m): 8:08am On Sep 23, 2016
encryptjay:

Goodnight sir

Good morning
Re: How Many Of You Are In A Relationship Without Sex? Share Your Experience by shadeyinka(m): 8:09am On Sep 23, 2016
Luckygurl:

Care to explain more on the emboldened

God gave both men and women sex instinct. We naturally are pulled into sex. Now, a young man and a lady (boy or girl) start dating, whether one likes it or not there would be some form of attraction sexually.

Now the point is a boy/girl relationship is hardly defined. Is the relationship for marriage or just fratanity? The girl has more to loose in a casual relationship when sex is involved because there are consequences that may arise such as pregnancy (contraceptives do fail a times), eventual breakup where the girl feels used and the guy feel like I conquered.

So my point is, if you are not yet ready to get married in say 3-4 years why go into a relationship with a man. Why not just a general friendship with the opposite sex.

When you are matured enough and he is matured, then your relationship will have a purpose and direction. You both know what you want from each other unlike just a fling.

Early dating relationships predispose a person to early sexual experiences from predators.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Are In A Relationship Without Sex? Share Your Experience by shadeyinka(m): 8:13am On Sep 23, 2016
GlorifiedTunde:

I have been in a relationship with my sweetheart for 3 Years + and we have had no sex to be married next year.
People are just twisted on their understanding of relationship.

Congratulations, pls keep it up. A lot of people are of the opinion that it is an impossible feat. Or that only frigid people abstain from sex in relationships.

I know that most people who succeed do so on the basis of their faith and obedience to God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Of You Are In A Relationship Without Sex? Share Your Experience by Adesolomon2014(m): 8:14am On Sep 23, 2016
ILoveLight:

I'm not talking about sugar mummies, talking about relationships where the guy is older. It's very rampant in our campuses these days. I have friends who have done such. Even now, there are guys who just want to go into a relationship with a girl cos she's rich or from a rich background. Guys are now taking the lead in gold digging.

Well, all i will say here is love can never be bought with money and sex will never make a guy stay glue to a lady.
Not to be bias, ladies were and are still in the shoes of gold digging too and guys towing that path is a shame.
Re: How Many Of You Are In A Relationship Without Sex? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 23, 2016
chixtina2000:

very dumb thing to say
Very dumb being to exist
Re: How Many Of You Are In A Relationship Without Sex? Share Your Experience by shadeyinka(m): 8:16am On Sep 23, 2016
Missmossy:

You are right, sex in a relationship does NOT guarantee any form of commitment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply)

33-Year-Old Kenyan Virgin Who Wants To Remain So Till Age 50 (Photos) / Lies Nigerian Ladies Tell (with Pictures) / The Moment A Groom Wept Uncontrollably At His Wedding (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.