Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,185 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State (52432 Views)

BUHARI'S BIGGEST Mistake;fashola Fails Woefully!!! / Updates From The IPOB Declared Sit-At-Home Protest (Pictures) / IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by WINNERMENTALITY: 10:21pm On Sep 23, 2016
Abagworo:
Markets Open As Traders Boycott IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order

The sit-at-home order by pro-Biafra groups, especially the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and the Movement for the Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) was boycotted in Imo State Friday.

Markets, schools, government offices, as well as other public places were opened for business against the directive of the separatists groups, which ordered complete closure of all markets and business places across the Southeast to pray for the release of the detained IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kalu.

In Owerri, the Imo State capital, there was free movement as the residents went about their businesses without molestation as had earlier been feared.

Meanwhile there was heavy presence of armed Policemen who mounted at strategic locations across the capital city with their Armoured Personnel Carriers (APC).

However when contacted, MASSOB factional leader, Uchenna Madu, said that the exercise was successful across the zone.

According to him, “we achieved over sixty percent compliance in all the state and that shows that our people are committed to the struggle for a sovereign Biafra. It also shows that we are a powerful group and the people are behind what we are doing “.

On the reason for the sit-at-home, he said that “we decided to sit at home to pray for the release of Nnamdi Kanu and other detained pro-Biafra activists and also to afford our people the opportunity to reflect about the struggle”.

http://thenationonlineng.net/markets-open-traders-boycott-Igbos-sit-home-order/

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/Igbos-sit-home-order-ineffective-imo-uwazuruike-says-senseless/
You are becoming senless nowadays....

Especially when I remember you are from Imo state
Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by Chigold101(m): 10:22pm On Sep 23, 2016
Abagworo:

Imo residents are not part of the PDP sponsored IPOB. I've argued that severally and won in the end. Even the last protest failed in Imo and they had to recruit people from all parts of Nigeria to come and protest in Imo.
shut up Mr Man.
Why didnt you guys post this thread around 10am? Why posting it by 8pm.
IPOB/MASSOB fasting & prayer ended by 12noon, therefore anybody could have gone about their business after 12pm.

Why dont you guys post the pictures of schools that were open? Why show us this scanty place and claim it failed in Imo state?

Stop spreading your hate, we know you are a Rochas boy but that should not turn you into a f**l.
The sit at home is a success everywhere it was meant for.
PERIOD!

1 Like

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by obailala(m): 10:23pm On Sep 23, 2016
EternalTruths:

Abagworo has not asked himself what will happen to him if Buhari handover power to another Northerner or Westerner.

I pity him by then.

May God save him from people's murderous angry.
But sometimes we need to tell ourselves the truth.. power is not given, it has to be taken, and to take power, you have to play very smart politics. With the way the Igbo nation outrightly rejected the Apc and treated it as if it was some kind of ebola patient, there is no way the apc can give the presidency to the SE after buhari. And with the pdp zoning their ticket to the north in 2019, that's another pure evidence that the chances of power coming to the SE is very slim.

For crying out loud, what's the difference between the PDP and Apc for APC to get that sort of treatment?

2 Likes

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by theDEVILisHERE: 10:24pm On Sep 23, 2016
chiedu7:
Truly NIGERIA cannot survive without IPOB.

Nigga area aka Nigeria = Cancer to the black man

U'all know d eventual end of all cancer patients who fail to act on time right?
Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by banmee(m): 10:26pm On Sep 23, 2016
Maiconyoung:
i wonder why pipu with destiny stil spend their life on politically inspired movement

Your comment is contradictory. We are political animals. Even Jesus christ was killed because he ignored the politics of his time. Politics revolves around the destiny you care so much about. You have to be active in it. Case in point; Look at Nigeria's condition. The reason it is the way it is, is because it's citizens are mostly ignorant about their political climate and it's impact. What most are waiting for is the next elections and how much cash/garri/rice/salt they can squeeze out from candidates.

1 Like

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by Damfostopper(m): 10:28pm On Sep 23, 2016
KINGMAKER001:
Lol....these re really the sell outs...these people are the reason why they say ndi Igbo doesn't have one mind and not united...since January you ve been trading, you have not made the whole money in the world, is it just today that you gonna make all you have not made over the years...simple instruction, you couldn't keep to it....Well it doesn't matter if y'all opened your shops, the most important thing is that many states including Akwa ibom, Rivers etc adhered strictly to the sit @ home protest...
which akwa ibom.... will you get ur stewpid self owta here... today was akwa ibom day and a public holiday for dat matter.... akwa ibom is not part of ur biafra wateva.... get ur fact right before disgracing ur illiteracy

5 Likes

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:29pm On Sep 23, 2016
EternalTruths:

Abagworo has not asked himself what will happen to him if Buhari handover power to another Northerner or Westerner.

I pity him by then.

May God save him from people's murderous angry.

If .Ndigbo want Buhari to hand over to one of us then we should support him instead of allowing ourselves to be used by PDP to destabilize his Government. Of course the South south or Southwest will likely produce the next President after the North.

1 Like

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by HMZi: 10:32pm On Sep 23, 2016
attackgat:

But this leads to another question. Why would anybody be fighting to be with the Igbo man? Can't that person do without Igbos? Are Igbos so important to those people to that extent? Igbos are not going to fight to be with anyone, but everyone is willing to fight to be with Igbos? I laugh in Igbo.
i agree that 'no b by force for person to stay wr e no want' but freedom is taken,its not given... So ipob shud chill and devise beta methods,i'll definitely fight 4 u guys..
Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by SlayerSupreme: 10:35pm On Sep 23, 2016
HopeAtHand:
I think the posture of the different govt of each SE state determines the reaction of their populace to Baifra/IPOB.

I saw someone uploaded pictures of an empty market in Oyigbo as Port Harcourt, and claimed we were observing Baifra sit-at-home protest. Very laughable indeed!!
Don't make yourself look stupid. The sit-at-home hit parts of Port like harmattan. Everywhere was dry. Obigbo thumbs up. Very unprecedented. Just swallow the shame pill and move on.
Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by Barney11: 10:36pm On Sep 23, 2016
OLD PICTURES! Pls dont pull down anyones struggle, let them go if Nigeria don't really need them.
Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by pazienza(m): 10:38pm On Sep 23, 2016
obailala:
But sometimes we need to tell ourselves the truth.. power is not given, it has to be taken, and to take power, you have to play very smart politics. With the way the Igbo nation outrightly rejected the Apc and treated it as if it was some kind of ebola patient, there is no way the apc can give the presidency to the SE after buhari. And with the pdp zoning their ticket to the north in 2019, that's another pure evidence that the chances of power coming to the SE is very slim.

For crying out loud, what's the difference between the PDP and Apc for APC to get that sort of treatment?

You need mental evaluation. Why must Ndiigbo accept APC? What have we gained from supporting presidents from all Nigerian zones in PDP with hope that they would one day reciprocate in kind and support an Igbo candidate?

Between 1999- date, Ndiigbo have supported a Yoruba president for 8yrs, a Northern president for 2.5 years, a South South president for 5yrs.

Has it put the Igbo in any of their good books?

If you are too stupid to smell the coffee, the rest of us aren't.

2 Likes

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by pazienza(m): 10:42pm On Sep 23, 2016
Abagworo:

If .Ndigbo want Buhari to hand over to one of us then we should support him instead of allowing ourselves to be used by PDP to destabilize his Government. Of course the South south or Southwest will likely produce the next President after the North.

This is another silly post. Supporting Buhari is never going to guarantee him handing over to an Igbo president.

We have been there and back between 1999-date.

Stop allowing the few crumbs you get from
APC to distort your reasoning capacity.

1 Like

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by DgreatKALU(m): 10:44pm On Sep 23, 2016
mk igbo man siddon fr house fr dis hard tym??!! i cnt stop laffin z stupidity of this biafran leaders!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by attackgat: 10:44pm On Sep 23, 2016
Ahmadgani:
ipob, massob dreams cannot be realized because.......

1 They've created a fantasy country equal to British and america. (south Sudan loading)..

There is no fantasy here except freedom, self determination and free choice. With all that Scotland had to gain from being part of Britain, the 5th richest nation in the world, it didn't stop them agitating to be on their own. They got a referendum in 2014 and are presently planning a second referendum because of BREXIT.

2. The great Ikemba was a man with vision, ideology, courage, intelligence and ready to sacrifice his wealth when the need arises, but sorry to say this: presently both ipob and massob lack visionary men as leaders.

The only vision here is self determination

3. few fighting for many... of lately i have come to realize that only the ibos are agitating on behlaf of urhobo, itsekiri, Ijaw, Efik, Ibibio, Edo, kumoni, ugbo, EFA...etc. there something wrong somewhere

Most of these ethnic groups you mentioned are even more tired of 'one Nigeria' than Igbos. For a long time, they have watched there Oil wealth being syphoned off in the name of 'one Nigeria' while the remain imporverished and unrecognised. Hence why they are more militant. Most of them are too small numerically to challenge Nigeria for freedom which is why only Igbos can do it for them

4. most of the sponsors of this movement are scared to show their face... fear factor..

What are they showing their faces for? The end goal here is freedom

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:55pm On Sep 23, 2016
pazienza:

This is another silly post. Supporting Buhari is never going to guarantee him handing over to an Igbo president.

We have been there and back between 1999-date.

Stop allowing the few crumbs you get from
APC to distort your reasoning capacity.

APC cannot pay me enough to speak against my conscience. Ndigbo would have emerged President if we supported Odili when he was attacked by Ijaws to produce Jonathan as VP. It was an open confrontation that saw Edwin Clarke hit Odili hard but we allowed Odili to be replaced with Jonathan even though we are the 3rd most populous group that should share power equally with Hausa and Yoruba. Look at our discussion on this same Nairaland 6 years ago.

https://www.nairaland.com/486721/edwin-clarke-must-apologize-igbo
Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by jumobi1(m): 11:00pm On Sep 23, 2016
I understand protesting in other non SE states but how would not going to work in the SE help Nd'Igbo?
Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by Coolgent(m): 11:00pm On Sep 23, 2016
Wetin concern me.
Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by obailala(m): 11:05pm On Sep 23, 2016
pazienza:

You need mental evaluation. Why must Ndiigbo accept APC? What have we gained from supporting presidents from all Nigerian zones in PDP with hope that they would one day reciprocate in kind and support an Igbo candidate?

Between 1999- date, Ndiigbo have supported a Yoruba president for 8yrs, a Northern president for 2.5 years, a South South president for 5yrs.

Has it put the Igbo in any of their good books?

If you are too stupid to smell the coffee, the rest of us aren't.
You know you could have passed your message without being abusive right?

Nobody is asking anybody to support apc; I only said if apc and Pdp are one and the same (as you agree with me), then why is there the hostile treatment against apc and while pdp receives a very warm treatment?

Meanwhile my comment was in response to someone who made a statement about buhari handing over to a non-southeasterner; that is definitely a certainty especially considering the kind of leprous treatment the SE has given apc before and after the last election.

Power is not given on a platter, it is taken, and to take power requires superior politicking, building of bridges and creating strong partnerships. The best chance of a SEastern presidency was blown when Yaradua died and when the SE politicians threw their weight 100% behind GEJ thereby destroying the PDPs zoning formula. Ordinarily by the pdp zoning arrangement, a southeasterner should have been the candidate after yaradua in 2015 and without that distortion to the zoning arrangement, Apc would have never seen the light of the day.

But now that is a past issue, it can still be remedied but only a huge miracle will make it happen as soon as in 2019 or 2023. Political bridges also need to be built because of the 3 major tribes in Nigeria, no single tribe can ever get anything without the support of at least one other big tribe. The Igbo nation today is sadly not building any political bridge.

2 Likes

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 23, 2016
jesus was killed 2 restore man 2 GOD dat was his purpose on earth. our life don't revolve around politics, and 2 thnk of d fact dat our youths go 2 d extent of riskn dia lives 4 politicians in various ways is uncalled for. i can live without politics. it is jst a dirty game.
banmee:

Your comment is contradictory. We are political animals. Even Jesus christ was killed because he ignored the politics of his time. Politics revolves around the destiny you care so much about. You have to be active in it. Case in point; Look at Nigeria's condition. The reason it is the way it is, is because it's citizens are mostly ignorant about their political climate and it's impact. What most are waiting for is the next elections and how much cash/garri/rice/salt they can squeeze out from candidates.
Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by pazienza(m): 11:14pm On Sep 23, 2016
Abagworo:

APC cannot pay me enough to speak against my conscience. Ndigbo would have emerged President if we supported Odili when he was attacked by Ijaws to produce Jonathan as VP. It was an open confrontation that saw Edwin Clarke hit Odili hard but we allowed Odili to be replaced with Jonathan even though we are the 3rd most populous group that should share power equally with Hausa and Yoruba. Look at our discussion on this same Nairaland 6 years ago.

https://www.nairaland.com/486721/edwin-clarke-must-apologize-igbo

Had Odili or his Ndoni people openly issued out a press Statement proclaiming his/ their Igbo identity and then sought for Igbo help to help secure the VP slot?

Was that battle line Edwin Clark drew not enough motivation for Odili to come out, proclaim his Igbo identity, rally the rest of the Igbo speaking people of SS( Ekpeye, Anioma, Ikwerre, Egbema, Ndoki, Ndoni,Asa, Ogba) under one umbrella, with his mammoth stash of loot, then reach out to SE and beat Edwin Clark at his ethnic bitter parochial game.

Instead, he was running away from his Igbo identity, because the likes of Edwin Clark made it seem like being Igbo was a burden, and he Odili and the rest of Igboids accepted it.

And you expect Ndiigbo to stick out our neck for Fedora hats wearing Odili, who hardly identified with us?

You must think us fools.

Ndiigbo made the best out of a bad situation, and Odili paid for his amphoteric behavior towards the Igbo tag, as all other Igboids that are towing his path will one day pay.
We had no say in the emergence of GEJ as the VP. By rejecting the Igbo tag, under which they could all unite and become the dominant group in SS, the Igboids all flying solo under clannish names as ethnic groups reduced themselves to minority amongst minorities and in so doing, handed the initiative to the Ijaws, who had managed to unite despite not even speaking same language.

It's as simple as that. Trying to create a villain out of Ndiigbo for Odili and his fellow Igboids shortcomings is at best mischievous.

2 Likes

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by banmee(m): 11:17pm On Sep 23, 2016
Maiconyoung:
jesus was killed 2 restore man 2 GOD dat was his purpose on earth. our life don't revolve around politics, and 2 thnk of d fact dat our youths go 2 d extent of riskn dia lives 4 politicians in various ways is uncalled for. i can live without politics. it is jst a dirty game.

Ok. Whatever floats your boat.
Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 23, 2016
u got my point though i didn't open it. i came 2 see a long time frnd at akpa str. who told me dat he needs mark in national assembly 2 bringn their share 4 dem dat mr. dan is a kid 2 handle d issue. d campaign was btw mark nd akume, btw d idoma nd tivs, yet there was no tiv populace in zone c. politicians wil kip on being politicians. i wil cum 2 benue 2 see d "share" he brought 4 dem.
HMZi:
true true,u been dey benue 4 the elections,he was just decieving d voters that the sponsor of his amiable opponent was tiv(akume),the only federal in otukpo is a sore sight to behold.imagine a senator whose been on seat 4 16yrs and president of d senate twice cant fix a road that connects the east to the north..pdp ehn
Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by Nobody: 11:20pm On Sep 23, 2016
ok.
banmee:

Ok. Whatever floats your boat.
Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by HMZi: 11:24pm On Sep 23, 2016
Maiconyoung:
u got my point though i didn't open it. i came 2 see a long time frnd at akpa str. who told me dat he needs mark in national assembly 2 bringn their share 4 dem dat mr. dan is a kid 2 handle d issue. d campaign was btw mark nd akume, btw d idoma nd tivs, yet there was no tiv populace in zone c. politicians wil kip on being politicians. i wil cum 2 benue 2 see d "share" he brought 4 dem.
that really lengthy akpa str...
oga david dey abuja on extreme lowkey(fear of apc manhunt),so i expect that there'll be no 'share'..
Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by cee001(m): 11:28pm On Sep 23, 2016
This one is a sit-at-shop protest
Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by pazienza(m): 11:31pm On Sep 23, 2016
The best chance of a SEastern presidency was blown when Yaradua died and when the SE politicians threw their weight 100% behind GEJ thereby destroying the PDPs zoning formula. Ordinarily by the pdp zoning arrangement, a southeasterner should have been the candidate after yaradua in 2015 and without that distortion to the zoning arrangement, Apc would have never seen the light of the day.

You are still making naive statements, and it's really getting to my nerves here.

If PDP had any plans for Igbo president, if they had plans of an Igbo man taking over from Yaradua, why then was GEJ picked as a VP ahead of myriads of Igbo candidates that vied from that post?

The PDP under OBJ didn't destroy the zoning formulae when they skipped the Igbo for the VP slot, and instead chose GEJ, but Igbos are now the ones breaking the zoning formula for supporting the same GEJ they used to suppress us. They now expected us to dump him and support them because their plans of pitching us against GEJ failed.

Give an Igbo man slot to a SS Man to make the Igbo man resent the SS man, but when your plans run into ditch, lure the Igbo man to now help you remove the SS you put ahead of him to disgrace and shame him.

If you don't see the divide and conquer game at play here, then you are even worst than I thought.

Ndiigbo will never be told what to and what not to do by anybody, we will always do as we want. And rejecting APC and Buhari is the right thing for now for Ndiigbo, the moment you lots realize that no amount of your distortion of logic or arm twisting of facts will change this our stance, the better for you.

2 Likes

Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by Nobody: 11:31pm On Sep 23, 2016
HMZi:
that really lengthy akpa str...
oga david dey abuja on extreme lowkey(fear of apc manhunt),so i expect that there'll be no 'share'..
ohi?
Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by HMZi: 11:41pm On Sep 23, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
ohi?
abole
Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by eshic(f): 11:41pm On Sep 23, 2016
I don't know why Nigeria are always having sleepless nights over IPOB.if Nigeria feel that their dream cannot be achieved,why are they taken panadol for ipob's headache.the protest is operational,whether all Biafran observe it or not and mind you all those people claiming that they are Igbos and commenting against biafran are not .all Igbos believes and stand with biafran
Re: Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State by khalids: 11:44pm On Sep 23, 2016
Why cant people learn from history,.......do you know the real motives of the guys leading this IPOB struggle
do you know the history of its leading members.......Do you know their final game plan

People better use their brain ask themselves what is the end point of all this.......
The last fellow that started this type of agitation......ran abroad when the heat became much and abandoned his people to die.

because of that fellow i never got to meet my maternal grandfather

Well, that's all i have to say......I think it would be better if we spend our time reforming our institutions and holding our leaders accountable
its not as if the leaders in the east are any different from those in the North or West, all are corrupt and have jointly robbed us of our collective wealth

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kano Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje Sleeping In Public? / A Soldier Posted To South Calls For Sprayers, Wants Peace & Unity / Kiddwaya's Mum, Susan Waya Declares Interest In Becoming Benue Governor (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.