Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? (20520 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US / Nigerians In Syria, Are You Back Home?? / What Kind Of Gifts Should I Get For People Back Home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by sweetpie23: 12:02pm On Oct 19, 2009
tourmaline:

My dear, wake up!!! You must have left Nigeria to the US in the 60's and you are not aware of the happenings. Iam hooked up to the internet from my own home with my personal laptop. I bought my laptop during the first three months I began working in my company.

[b]I have an uncle in the US who is now a citizen. Some years back he sent some coats to two of my other uncles in Nigeria. He indeed was feeling like a yankee super star but my uncles here in Nigeria were just laughing at him because those were coats you will see in okrika at yaba in lagos. He inded thought life was
as bad as the foreign media and people like you paint it. When he came to Nigeria to inspect the progress of his building, reality dawned on him because he saw that the people he was sending coats for wear good suits and were doing good jobs. He became startled (and let me use the word) flabbergasted when he realized they had gigantic structures in Lagos. They were doing good jobs.

As am writing now, he is thinking of relocating and my other uncles wanna fix him up with a good job here.
My advise to you all out there who are posing with the labour of others is for you to come back home and enjoy the freedom of been in your country rather than complaining of money growing on trees. Men and women like Martin Luther, Rosa Parks struggled for blacks to have a decent life in US and today you are there posing. Why don't you come back home and be the Martin Luther of your country.

The only Nigerians respected in the US are those that have made impacts in their own home and affected the world at large not liabilities to the US who come to enjoy basic amenities meant for true Americans

I like that please help me tell them.
Those Nigerians in diaspora should stop behaving as if they are whites. even if they stay abroad for 1.5 light years you know what, black na black you can praise the whites all you like lipsrsealed
lmfaf grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by OvieE: 12:36pm On Oct 19, 2009
There are so many people here who continue to deceived themselves claiming that they are living in Nigeria, have a good job, have internet in their house but the fact is that 99% of people in the Nairaland live in abroad.

@tourmaline stop making full of yourself claiming you are in Nigeria. You are example of people deceiving other while you are somewhere either in North America or Europe.

I was in Nigeria just may of this year. If I posted the pix I took of Lagos, many people will cry. I saw the development the government is doing but still very very far behind a small city in the world. The suffering I experience from warri to Benin city, okada-edo, Lagos, sapele, eku, asaba, abraka and other places I visited, people wake up just moving or sitting from of their house with nothing to do and most sit there from morning to late night and to bed. Talking of arm robbers, my families and I ran into them two times. Please let me stop because if I started with the accidents and death bodies between lagos and Benin, only god knows.
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by honeric01(m): 12:39pm On Oct 19, 2009
chiogo:

Honeric, you just don't get it.

In Nigeria, you can work your ass off and still not be able to buy a laptop or even get a job to begin with. In America, if you don't have those things, it's not due to lack of opportunity but laziness to take advantage of the opportunity. simple!

someone just answered you for me, i can't keep repeating myself every time.

Meldrick:

My dear, wake up!!! You must have left Nigeria to the US in the 60's and you are not aware of the happenings. Iam hooked up to the internet from my own home with my personal laptop. I bought my laptop during the first three months I began working in my company.

I have an uncle in the US who is now a citizen. Some years back he sent some coats to two of my other uncles in Nigeria. He indeed was feeling like a yankee super star but my uncles here in Nigeria were just laughing at him because those were coats you will see in okrika at yaba in lagos. He inded thought life was as bad as the foreign media and people like you paint it. When he came to Nigeria to inspect the progress of his building, reality dawned on him because he saw that the people he was sending coats for wear good suits and were doing good jobs. He became startled (and let me use the word) flabbergasted when he realized they had gigantic structures in Lagos. They were doing good jobs.

As am writing now, he is thinking of relocating and my other uncles wanna fix him up with a good job here.
My advise to you all out there who are posing with the labour of others is for you to come back home and enjoy the freedom of been in your country rather than complaining of money growing on trees. Men and women like Martin Luther, Rosa Parks struggled for blacks to have a decent life in US and today you are there posing. Why don't you come back home and be the Martin Luther of your country.

The only Nigerians respected in the US are those that have made impacts in their own home and affected the world at large not liabilities to the US who come to enjoy basic amenities meant for true Americans.

thanks for responding to her, i was beginning to think no one understood my points.
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by freeview(f): 12:48pm On Oct 19, 2009
smiley
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by munky(m): 3:11pm On Oct 19, 2009
Personally, I think it depends on the family you are from. If your family sold everything they have or borrowed money to send you abroad with the hope that you would get better opportunities and they beleive you are a good investment, then get ready to receive phone calls and email demanding a return on their investment.

On the other hand, if your family is a "chopping Money" family, then you dont have stress. Only your friends would be calling to see how you are doing cos ur friends are inevitably from a "chopping money" family too.

different strokes for different folks
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by honeric01(m): 4:13pm On Oct 19, 2009
munky:

Personally, I think it depends on the family you are from. If your family sold everything they have or borrowed money to send you abroad with the hope that you would get better opportunities and they beleive you are a good investment, then get ready to receive phone calls and email demanding a return on their investment.

On the other hand, if your family is a "chopping Money" family, then you dont have stress. Only your friends would be calling to see how you are doing cos your friends are inevitably from a "chopping money" family too.

different strokes for different folks

thanks, i have alot of relatives abroad, i have never called one before for financial help and i know none of my immediate family member has ever called them before except when my mom kinda needed some help on a very DELICATE issue beyond her control.
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by ayomifull(f): 8:00pm On Oct 19, 2009
Hunnnnnnnn, presently i take Dublin bus to and fro work Monday to Friday and tram to church on Sundays so you can imagine how hard i laughed when my brother who is self employed and lives in his own house asked me to send him one SOLID SPORT car, i laughed so hard i forgot my name and while at it my younger brother wants me to send E series Nokia phone to him when i am using Nokia N70 for almost 2 years and one useless Sony Ericsson i got as a gift.
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by honeric01(m): 8:26pm On Oct 19, 2009
ayomifull:

Hunnnnnnnn, presently i take Dublin bus to and fro work Monday to Friday and tram to church on Sundays so you can imagine how hard i laughed when my brother who is self employed and lives in his own house asked me to send him one SOLID SPORT car, i laughed so hard i forgot my name and while at it my younger brother wants me to send E series Nokia phone to him when i am using Nokia N70 for almost 2 years and one useless Sony Ericsson i got as a gift.

don't you know that you are in Oke Okun? grin grin grin
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by Hauwa1: 9:17pm On Oct 19, 2009
OvieE, say it again, let them keep deceiving themselves cry cry cry embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by Hauwa1: 9:24pm On Oct 19, 2009
ayomifull:

grin na only that, the ones i heard abt were just funny and amusing grin their unusual demand is just something else. how can an old lady of over 60 starts demanding and pressuring her child who lives oversea for a car, a vacation oversea grin
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by wasobia(m): 10:58pm On Oct 19, 2009
Irrespective of whereva a man/woman lives, the most important thing are

1. Happiness with siblings (Comfort, peace of mind, rest of mind etc)
2. Fullfilment

Due to our nature as Africans (Tribal/Ethnic hatred, envy, jealousy and segregation despite we are all BLACK), we dont wish ourselves well at all and its amazing.

We talk down on ourselves especially about those in abroad and its all about pursuit of happiness. My father used to say that [Eni ti ifa ko ba to si ni oun pe ni aramu "meaning" The man who doesnt get a free thing will say it was stolen]

Anyone who has the opportunity of traveling, if he help others or not, let us leave them alone; God has plan for everyone.

As there are many people in abroad who are not doing well, so are people in Africa/Nigeria who will be a better person to their family/community if they in abroad but they are wasting away in Nigeria/Africa.

Dont forget there are great Nigerians abroad doing very very well and vice versa.

Chikena.
[/color]
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by platinumnk(f): 12:34am On Oct 20, 2009
As there are many people in abroad who are not doing well, so are people in Africa/Nigeria who will be a better person to their family/community if they in abroad but they are wasting away in Nigeria/Africa.

Dont forget there are great Nigerians abroad doing very very well and vice versa.

abeg tell dem! to make themselves feel better, we're all broke abi! grin grin grin

OvieE:

There are so many people here who continue to deceived themselves claiming that they are living in Nigeria, have a good job, have internet in their house but the fact is that 99% of people in the Nairaland live in abroad.

@tourmaline stop making full of yourself claiming you are in Nigeria. You are example of people deceiving other while you are somewhere either in North America or Europe.

I was in Nigeria just may of this year. If I posted the pix I took of Lagos, many people will cry. I saw the development the government is doing but still very very far behind a small city in the world. The suffering I experience from warri to Benin city, okada-edo, Lagos, sapele, eku, asaba, abraka and other places I visited, people wake up just moving or sitting from of their house with nothing to do and most sit there from morning to late night and to bed. Talking of arm robbers, my families and I ran into them two times. Please let me stop because if I started with the accidents and death bodies between lagos and Benin, only god knows.

Pls say it again. I just came back in May as well.
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by chiogo(f): 2:42am On Oct 20, 2009
tourmaline:

My dear, wake up!!! You must have left Nigeria to the US in the 60's and you are not aware of the happenings. Iam hooked up to the internet from my own home with my personal laptop. [b]I bought my laptop during the first three months I began working in my company.

I have an uncle in the US who is now a citizen. Some years back he sent some coats to two of my other uncles in Nigeria. He indeed was feeling like a yankee super star but my uncles here in Nigeria were just laughing at him because those were coats you will see in okrika at yaba in lagos. He inded thought life was as bad as the foreign media and people like you paint it. When he came to Nigeria to inspect the progress of his building, reality dawned on him because he saw that the people he was sending coats for wear good suits and were doing good jobs. He became startled (and let me use the word) flabbergasted when he realized they had gigantic structures in Lagos. They were doing good jobs.

The only Nigerians respected in the US are those that have made impacts in their own home and affected the world at large not liabilities to the US who come to enjoy basic amenities meant for true Americans

I like that please help me tell them.
Those Nigerians in diaspora should stop behaving as if they are whites. even if they stay abroad for 1.5 light years you know what, black na black you can praise the whites all you like lipsrsealed
LOL you just proved me right. You bought your laptop after you got a job in a company? Dear, people here start owning laptops from high school or at least before going to college. What's college without a laptop? Homework assignments are mostly on there. The only reason a college student here won't own a laptop is maybe because s(he) is one of those freaks who never see the need for such stuff, they'd rather go to the library even at midnight to use the computers there.

You and I know very well that it's only teens whose parents are financially stable that own laptops in Nigeria. Or the ones into yahoo-yahoo.

Anywayz, this wasn't my aim in the first place. Was just explaining what the other poster meant to the honeric guy. I'm not trying to bash Nigeria or what not. I've lived there so I know. As for your other posts  grin grin grin couldn't read the whole thing but anywayz, who are the so-called true Americans?? As far as I know, no one group owns America, that's why it's called the United States, true Americans my nyash!! Columbus stole it from the Indians, the whites used black, spanish, and many other ethnic groups to build the America we know today. Why do you think Indians get free education? Black, spanish, Asian, white, and other groups of people equally own America. so who cares? True Americans! LIMM.
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by Meldrick(m): 8:00am On Oct 20, 2009
chiogo:

LOL you just proved me right. You bought your laptop after you got a job in a company? Dear, people here start owning laptops from high school or at least before going to college. What's college without a laptop? Homework assignments are mostly on there. The only reason a college student here won't own a laptop is maybe because s(he) is one of those freaks who never see the need for such stuff, they'd rather go to the library even at midnight to use the computers there.

Again you prove me right when I say you visited Nigeria last in the 60's. I bought mine when I began working but go to our Universities here in Nigeria and see students using their personal laptops for their research work. I visited Covenant University (Ota - Ogun State) and I was impressed. Please come down to Nigeria and pay a visit to that school and you will agree with me that the days Nigerians sing America wonders are over.

chiogo:

As far as I know, no one group owns America, that's why it's called the United States, true Americans my nyash!! Columbus stole it from the Indians, the whites used black, spanish, and many other ethnic groups to build the America we know today. Why do you think Indians get free education?

Ah! Ah!! Ah!!!, there u go again with the feeling that you have a stake in America. My dear obliterate that notion. Oh I can now see why u feel so comfortable in another man's land. If there are no true American's, why did they have to wait so long till 2008 before getting their first black president?
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by na2day2(m): 9:27am On Oct 20, 2009
chiogo:

You and I know very well that it's only teens whose parents are financially stable that own laptops in Nigeria. Or the ones into yahoo-yahoo.

Anywayz, this wasn't my aim in the first place. Was just explaining what the other poster meant to the honeric guy. I'm not trying to bash Nigeria or what not. I've lived there so I know. As for your other posts  grin grin grin couldn't read the whole thing but anywayz, who are the so-called true Americans?? As far as I know, no one group owns America, that's why it's called the United States, true Americans my nyash!! Columbus stole it from the Indians, the whites used black, spanish, and many other ethnic groups to build the America we know today. Why do you think Indians get free education? Black, spanish, Asian, white, and other groups of people equally own America. so who cares? True Americans! LIMM.

don't u think ur argument is lame? how many ppl here in the states actually buy a laptop with their own earned money when they are in high school? i had 3 powerful desktops(powerful in the terms of those days) when i was very young and no we were not rich, my mother just got us what she thought we needed in life. and lots of my friends had a desktop or laptop at that time. laptops most college students have now are dead cheap and spec to dollar are not worth the name they are label; my gaming machining is worth about 3 times what most college students run around with. now in nigeria, most of the young professionals i have helped to obtain a laptop get medium to high specs, so ur point doesn't hold water. if u don't have what to say go do some home work angry angry
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by wasobia(m): 10:01am On Oct 20, 2009
@ Meldrick

You are just too myopic in your thinking. Who is singing America wonder? Africa will ever remain a 3rd world nation. There are dream killers in Nigeria and our government is number one. The fact that we now own laptop and can use it for research and other works is great but not fantastic.

All the invention of our time were from the west, start listing everything you use daily. If you were not convinced, even the machinery that we use to produce great products in 9ja today were invented by the West. Instead of us to take advantage of these array of opportunity (Alternative/Clean energy, Stem cell etc) in this dispensation, we indulge ourselves in critisizing America/West that thinks far ahead of Nigeria or Africa. We've got to start thinking out of the box and stop critisizing ourselves or a society that has a system and structure that has been tested and trusted.

Good luck.
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by lovemoi2(f): 10:59am On Oct 20, 2009
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by martinosi: 12:26pm On Oct 20, 2009
wasobia:

@ Meldrick

You are just too myopic in your thinking. Who is singing America wonder? Africa will ever remain a 3rd world nation. There are dream killers in Nigeria and our government is number one. The fact that we now own laptop and can use it for research and other works is great but not fantastic.

All the invention of our time were from the west, start listing everything you use daily. If you were not convinced, even the machinery that we use to produce great products in 9ja today were invented by the West. Instead of us to take advantage of these array of opportunity (Alternative/Clean energy, Stem cell etc) in this dispensation, we indulge ourselves in critisizing America/West that thinks far ahead of Nigeria or Africa. We've got to start thinking out of the box and stop critisizing ourselves or a society that has a system and structure that has been tested and trusted.

Good luck.

Hmmm i can sense that you have alot on your heart, but
as you stated that alot of inventionas & Innovations came from the
west ie Western Europe and North America, but you must also consider
that their were alot of African Inventors (African Americans etc)
that also contributed to the development on industralisation and innovations, ie here's a few,

Biscuit Cutter - A.P. Ashbourne 
Super Soaker - Lonnie Johnson
Folding Bed - L.C. Bailey 
Bicycle Frame - Issac R. Johnson
Coin Changer - James A. Bauer

Space Shuttle Retrieval Arm     - Wm. Harwell

Rotary Engine - Andrew J. Beard 
Printing Press - W.A. Lavallette
Car Couple - Andrew J. Beard
Envelope Seal - F.W. Leslie
Letter Box - G.E. Becket
Laser Fuels - Lester Lee

Stainless Steel Pads - Alfred Benjamin

Pressure Cooker - Maurice W. Lee
Torpedo Discharger                 -  H. Bradberry 
Window Cleaner - A.L. Lewis
Disposable Syringe                 -  Phil Brooks 
Pencil Sharpener                 - John L. Love
Home Security System - Marie Brown 
Fire Extinguisher                 - Tom J. Marshal

Corn Planter - Henry Blair  Lock W.A. Martin
Cotton Planter - Henry Blair 
Shoe Lasting Machine - Jan Matzeliger
Ironing Board - Sarah Boone 
Lubricators - Elijah McCoy
Horse Bridle Bit                 - L.F.Brown 
Rocket Catapult - Hugh MacDonald
Horse shoe - Oscar E. Brown 
Elevator                 - Alexander Miles
Pacemaker - Otis Boykin 
Gas Mask                 -  Garrett Morgan
Guide Missile - Otis Boykin 

Traffic Signal - Garrett Morgan
Lawn Mower - John A. Burr 
Hair Brush - Lyda Newman
Typewriter - Burridge & Marshman 
Heating Furnace - Alice H. Paker
Train Alarm - R.A. Butler 
Airship - J.F.Pickering
Radiation Detector                 - Geo. Carruthers 
Folding Chair - Purdgy/Sadgwar
Peanut Butter - George W. Carver 
Hand Stamp - W.B. Purvis
Paints & Satins - George W. Carver 

Fountain Pen - W.B. Purvis
Lotion & Soaps - George W. Carver
Dust Pan                 - L.P.Ray
Automatic Fishing                 - Reel George Cook 
Insect Destroyer Gun              - A.C. Richardson
Ice cream Mold - A.L. Cralle 
Baby Buggy - W.H. Richardson
Blood Plasma - Dr. Charles Drew 
Sugar Refinement                 -  N. Rillieux

Horse Riding Saddle - Wm. D. Davis 
Clothes Dryer - G.T. Sampson
Shoe - W.A. Detiz 
Celluar Phone - Henry Sampson
Player Piano - Joseph Dickinson 
Pressing Comb - Walter Sammons
Arm for Recording Player          - Joseph Dickinson 
Curtain Rod - S.R. Scottron

Doorstop                  -  O. Dorsey 
Lawn Sprinkler - J.W. Smith
Doorknob                  - O. Dorsey 
Automatic Gearshift                  - R.B. Spikes
Photo Print Wash                  - Clatonia J. Dorticus 
Urinalysis Machine                  - Dewey Sanderson
Photo Embossing Machine - Clatonia J. Dorticus 
Hydraulic Shock Absorber         - Ralph Sanderson
Postal Letter - Box P.B. Dowing 
Refrigerator - J. Standard
Toilet - T. Elkins

Mop - T.W. Stewart
Furniture Caster                 - David A. Fisher 
Stairclimbing Wheelchair          - Rufus J. Weaver
Guitar - Robert Flemming ,Jr 
Helicopter                 - Paul E. Williams
Golf Tee                 - George F. Grant
Fire Escape Ladder                 - J.B. Winters
Motor - J. Gregory 
Telephone Transmitter - Granville T. Woods
Lantern - Micheal Harney 

Electric Cutoff Switch - Granville T. Woods
Thermo Hair Curlers -  Soloman Harper 
Relay Instrument                 -  Granville T. Woods
Gas Burner - B.F. Jackson 
Telephone System                 - Granville T. Woods
Kitchen Table - H.A. Jackson
Galvanic Battery                  - Granville T. Woods
Video Commander - Joseph N. Jackson

Electric Raillway System           - Granville T. Woods

Remote Controllers                 - Joseph N. Jackson 
Roller Coaster - Granville T. Woods
Sani-Phone - Jerry Johnson 
Auto Air Brake - Granville T. Woods

So Please reflect and also be encouraged, no man has a monopoly
of Knowledge or skills its how a group of people use it and
benefit froM it,

(Reflect and think deeply on this)
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by martinosi: 12:50pm On Oct 20, 2009
List of African Inventors in America
in the 20th Century,

INVENTION  INVENTOR  DATE  PATENT
A
AEROPLANES (an improvement)  Hale, Wm.  April 7, 1925 1,563,278
AEROPLANES (propelling means for)  Adams, J.S  Oct. 19, 1920 1,356,329
AIR CONDITIONING (method for)  Jones, F.M.  Dec. 7, 1954 2,696,086
AIR CONDITIONING UNIT  Jones, F.M.  July 12, 1949  2,475,841
AIR SHIP  Pickering, J. Feb. 20, 1900  643,975
AIRCRAFT (man powered glider) Prather, A.  Feb. 6, 1973  3,715,011
AIRPLANE (safety device) Julian, H.  May 24, 1921  1,379,264
ANHYDROUS ALKALINE EARTH HALIDES (preparation of)  Taylor, M.  Aug.6, 1957 2,801,899 
ANHYDROUS LITHLUM SALTS (preparation of)  Taylor, M.  Aug 14, 1962 3,049.406
ANISOTROPIC BORON NITRIDE (preparing non laminating method)  Smith,B. et al  Oct 1, 1985  4,544,535
ANTENNA LINEARLY POLARIZED MONOPULSE LOBING, ETC  Kelly, K.C.  Nov 9, 1962  3,063,049 
ANTENNA TESTING SHIELD Jones,H.S. et al Apr 10, 1962  3,029,430 
ANTIOXIDANT COMPOSITION  Hall, L.A.  Aug 14, 1956  2,758,931
ANTIOXIDANT MATERIAL AND USE OF  Hall, L.A.  Nov 27, 1956 2,772,169 
APPLIANCE CARRIER  Flowers, D.  Jul 18, 1995  5,433,359 
APRON (BARBER'S)  Mathis, N.  Oct 7, 1975  D237,O22 
ARTILLERY AMMUNITION TRAINING ROUND  Buford, G.S.,S.r  Feb 13, 1951  2,541,025
ASPHALT EMULSION AND MANUFACTURE OF  Hall, L.A.  Oct.18, 1932  1,882,834 
ASSEMBLING AND DISAMBLING MACHINE  Taylor, A.J.  Jun 6, 1942  2,286,695
ATMOSPHERE (APPARATUS FO HEATING OF COOLING WITHIN AN ENCLOSURE)  Jones, F.M. Oct 24, 1950  2,526,874

Back to the Alphabetical List
Back to the Top

B
BACK WASHER MOUNTED ON SHOWER WALL  Kenner, M.B.  Sep 9, 1987  4,696,068
BATHROOM TISSUE HOLDER  Kenner, M.B.  Oct 19, 1982  4,354,643
BED RACK  Bradberry, H. May 25, 1943  2,320,027
BLOCKS  Brisco, J.R.  Apr 9, 1968  3,376,682
BOOKCASE  Harper, J.H.,Jr.  June 6, 1961  Dl90,500
BOOT OR SHOE  Gunn, S.W. Jan 16, 1900  641,642
BOX (Shadow)  Scott, J.C. Oct 1, 1968  D212,334
BRAKE (Automatic air)  Woods, G.T.  Jun 10, 1902  701,981

Back to the Top

C
CAR PARK  Gilliard, J  Nov 20, 1956  2,771,200
CARD GAME (Chemical)  Forbes, D.A.  Apr 17, 1934  D91,996
CARD GAME (Family relationship)  Smith, M.A.  Oct 28, 1980  4,230,321
CARRIER ATTACHMENT (for invalid walkers)  Kenner, M.B.  Sep 10, 1975  3,957,071 
CATALYSTS (Reactivating hydro-forming)  Brown, Henry  Oct 22, 1968  3,407,135 
CESIUM AQUEOUS SOLUTION BY ION EXCHANGER (removal of)  Russell, E.R.  Jan 3, 1967  3,296,123 
CHAIR (Folding)  Beckley, C.P.  Dec 24, 1974  3,856,345
CIGARETTE HOLDER AND ASH TRAY  Stephens, G.B.  Sep 11, 1956  2,762,377
CIRCUIT GATING (Transitorized)  Emile, P.E.  May 2, 1961  2,982,868 
CIRCUIT MULTIVIBRATOR TRANSISTORIZED  Emile, P.E.  Nov 24, 1961 3,005,963 
CIRCUIT PRESETTABLE BISTABLE  Cox, E.L. et al  Aug 1, 1967  3,334,245
CLOCK AND WALL PLAQUE (Combined)  Jordan, J.H., Jr.  Jun 22, 1971  D220,965   
COIN CHANGER MECHANISM  Bauer, J.A.  Jan 20, 1970  3,490,571
COMPRESSOR, ROTARY  Jones, F.M.  Apr 18, 1950  2,504,841
CONTAINER (Non-capsized)  Elder, C.L.  Feb 6, 1968 3,367,525
CONTROLLER (Power)  Hopkins, H.C. Nov 3, 1987  4,704,570
COPOLYMER, ACRYLIC (Preparation of water soluble, etc) Woodard, D.G.  Apr 6, 1971  3,574,175
COPPER (Preparation of water soluble,etc) Jackson, H.  Apr 1, 1969  3,436,233
CORN PLANTER (Check row)  Mitchell, J.M.  Jan 16, 1900 641,462 
CORTISONE (Preparation of)  Julian, P.L.  Aug 10, 1954  2,752,339 
COSMETIC AND PROCESS OF PRODUCING  Carver, G.W.  Jan 6, 1925  1,522,176
COUPLING VALVED (Quick disconnect)  Gill, V.  Aug 9, 1960 2,948,553 

Back to the Top

D
DATA PROCESSOR PROCEDURE (entry for)  Dent, B.A.  Dec 15, 1970  3,548,384
DIAL OPERATIONS DEVICE (programmable external)  Gurley, C.E.  Apr 7, 1970  3,505,483
DIFFUSER COLD (method and means of defrosting)  Jones, F.M.  Jan 19, 1954 2,666,298 
DOOR CHECK  Lovell, H.R.  Sep 13, 1932  D87,753
DOORBAR LATCH  Logan, E.L., Jr.  Jul 13, 1971  3,592,497 
DRESSER  Jordan, J.H.,Jr  Feb 16,91971  D21 9,927

Back to the Top

E
ELECTRICAL TRANSLATING DEVICES (regulating and controlling)  Woods, G.T. Sep 3, 1901  681,786
ELECTRODE (vertical liquid, etc)  Cotton, D.J.  Aug 9, 1977  4,040 932
ELECTROGAS (dynamic "M and D" apparatus)  Gourdine, M.C.  Jun 19, 1969  3,449,667
ENCAPSULATION PROCESS AND ITS PRODUCT (energy conversion system, closed cycle)  Cosby, T.L. July 30, 1974  3,826,092
ENGINE (two cycle gas) Jones, F.M.  Mar 11, 1947  2,417,253
ENGINE (two cycle internal combustion) Jones, F.M.  Nov 28, 1950 2,522,273
ENGINE COMBUSTION INTERNAL (control device for)  Jones, F.M.  Sep 2, 1958 2,850,001
ENGINE,GAS (two-cycle) Jones, F.M.  May 29, 1945  2,376,968
ENGINES, GAS (means for thermostatically operating)  Jones. F.M.  Jul 26, 1949  2,477,377
EXHAUST PURIFIER  Stokes, R.  Apr 16, 1968  3,378,241

Back to the Top

F
FIRE ESCAPE MECHANISM (EMERGENCY)  Huntley, J.B.  Apr 29, 1975 3,880,255
FIREPLACE DAMPER (ACTUATING TOOL)  Ammons, V.M.  Sep 3O, l975  3,908,633
FLAME RETARDANT  Garner, A.Y. Nov 2, 1976  3,989,702
FOOT WARMER  Thompson, J.A., Jr.  May 25, 1946  2,442,026
FRUIT BOWL WALL HANGING KIT (embroidered)  Cowans, B. et al  Apr 5, 1977 4,016,314
FRUIT PRESS  Turner, M.M.  Apr 25, 1916  1,180,959
FUEL CELL (BIOCHEM)  Perry, J., Jr. Nov 8, 1966  3,284,239
FUELS, LASER (carbon dioxide)  Lee, L.H.  Mar 8, 1977 4,011,116
FUR AND MATERIAL - DRESSING EQUIPMENT (thermostatic controlled)  Harper, S.  Jun 21, 1955  2,711,095
FURNACE (heating)  Parker, A.H.  Dec 23, 1919  1,325,905

Back to the Top

G
GAMES (improvement)  Smith, J.W.  Apr17, 1900  647,887
GEAR SHIFT (automatic)  Spikes, R.B.  Dec 6, 1932  1,889,814
GREASE COMPOSITION FLUOROCARBON POLYMERS, ETC.  Christian, J.B.  Oct 27, l970  3,536,624
GREASE COMPOSITION (use at high temperature)  Christian, J.B.  Jan 31, 1970  3,518,189 

Back to the Top

H
HAIR CURLERS (thermostatic controlled)  Harper, S.  Aug ll, l953 2,648,757
HAIR, HUMAN, ANIMAL, & SYNTHETIC (treating with water-proofing composition) Scott, H.L. Mar 9, 1971  3,568,685
HAIR TREATING IMPLEMENT (electrical)  Harper, S. Aug 5, 1930 1,772,002
HAT, RAIN  Snowden, M.  Apr 5,1983  4,378,606
HELICOPTER  Williams, P.E.  Nov 27, 1962  3,065,933
HYDROXYLAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE (production)  Leonard, H., Jr.  Jan 28, 1964  3,119,657

Back to the Top

I
IMAGE CONVERTER FOR DECT ELECTROMAGNETIC, ETC.  Carruthers, G.R.  Nov 11, 1969  3,478,216
INDUCTOR (ceramic))  Muckelroy, W.L.  May 2l, 1974  3,812,442
ISOMERIZATION ( combined)  Brown, H.T.  Sep 19, 1961  3,000,995

Back to the Top

J
JOINT, FLUID  Taylor, A.J.  Jan 13, 1948  2,434,629
JOINT,UNIVERSAL (flexible & transparent lubricant housing for)  Tate, C.W.  Jan 28, l969  3,423,959

Back to the Top

L
LAMINAR FLUID "NOR" ELEMENT  Walker, M.L., Jr  Nov 18, l969 3,478,764
LAMP FIXTURE  Latimer, L.H.  Aug lO, 1910  968,787
LAVATORY AND TOILET TISSUE (moist dry)  Thompson, J.A., Jr.  Nov 25, l975 3,921,802
LAWN MOWER  Nokes, C.  Feb 12, l963  3,077,060
LEADLESS MICRO-MINIATOR INDUCTANCE ELEMENT, ETC.  Muckelroy, W.L.  Sep l2, 1972  3,691,497 
LUBRICATOR  Elijah, M.C.  Mar 2, 1926  1,574,983

Back to the Top

M
MACHINE, ROTARY  Cosby, T.L.  Jul 22, 1969  3,456,594
MAGNETIC MODULATOR (distributed pulse forming network for microwave phase shift device.)  Stafford, O.C.  Aug 4, 1970 3,522,558
MILK BOTTLE COMBINATION OPENER AND BOTTLE COVER  Spikes, R.B.  Jun 29, 1926  1,590,557 
MILK BOTTLE STOPPER  Sluby, T.B.  Feb 4, 1913  1,052,289
MONITORING AND CONTROL SYSTEMS (bi-directional)  Elder, C.L.  Dec 8, 1976 4,000,000
MONOLITHIC PLANAR DOPED BARRIER LIMITER  Dixon, S., Jr  Mar 31, 1987  4,654,609
MONOLITHIC PLANAR DOPED BARRIER SUBHARMONIC MIXER  Dixon, S., Jr  Jan 7, 1986 4,563,773 

Back to the Top

O
OPTICAL APPARATUS  Howard, D.C.  Jan 24, 1939  2,145,116
OPTICAL CELL (high pressure for microwave phase shift device)  Weir, C.E.  Feb 26, 1963 3,079,505
OXIDE (method for growing, etc)  Dugger C.O.  Jul 27, 1971  3,595,808 

Back to the Top

P
PAINT AND STAIN (PROCESS FOR PRODUCING)  Carver, G.W.  Jun 9, 1925 1,541,478
PAINT (PROCESS OF PRODUCING PAINTS AND STAINS)  Carver, G.W.  Jun 14, 1927  1,632,365 
PAINT SYSTEM (electrostatic)  Turner, A.H.  Jan 16, 1962  3,017,115 
PAINTING, ELECTROSTATIC  Turner, A.H.  Sep 18, 1962 3,054,697
PAPAIN COMPOSITION (manufacturing stable dry)  Hall, L.A.  Mar 15, 1949  2,464,200
PERISHABLES (method for preserving)  Jones, F.M. Feb 12, 1957 2,780,923 
PLATFORM (flying landing)  Booker, P.  Oct 10, 1961  3,003,717
POLYMERS (novel phosphony)  Garner, A.Y.  Mar 3, 1964  3,127,357 
POLYSTYRENE (high impact)  Leonard, H.,Jr.  Jun 22, 1971  3,586,740 
POWER GENERATING APPARATUS  Peterson, C.A., Jr  Jul 9, 1968  3,391,903
PRESSURE COOKER AND SMOKER (aromatic)  Lee, M.W., Sr.  Sep 29, 1959  2,906,191 
PRINTING (assembled composition)  Bankhead, C.A.  Jul 16, 1963  3,097,594
PUNCTURE, CEILING COMPOSITION AND MANUFACTURE OF  Hall, L.A.  Sep 5, 1944  2,357,650

Back to the Top

R
RACK (mobile utility)  Harper, D  Apr 12, 1960  D187,654
RADIATORS (conformal edge-slot)  Jones, H. et al  Sep 27, 1977  4,051,480
RADOME (method of making)  Howard, D.M.  Jun 24, 1969  3,451,127
RAILROADS (safety system for operating)  Dammon, W.H.  Jun 19, 1906 823,513
RAILWAY BRAKES  Woods, L. et al Mar 29, 1904  755,825
RAILWAY, ELECTRIC  Woods, G.T.  May 26, 1903  729,481
RAILWAY ELECTRIC Woods, G.T.  Jan 29, 1901  667,110
RAILAY, ELECTRIC Woods, G.T.  Nov 19, 1901 687,098
RAILWAY SWITCH (electrically controlled and operated)  Williams, P.B.  Jan 15, 1901 666,080
RAILWAY SYSTEM, ELECTRIC  Woods, G.T.  Jul 9,1901  678,086
RAILWAY SYSTEM ELECTRIC Woods, G.T.  Jan 13, 1903  718,183
RAILWAY TRACK SWITCH (electro-magnetic electrical)  Williams, P.B.  Apr 24, 1900  648,092 
RECEPTABLE SUPPORT (portable)  Griffin, B.V.  Apr 24, 1951  2,550,554 
REFRIGERATION CONTROL DEVICE  Jones, F.T.  Jan 8, 1952  2,581,956
REFRIGERATION UNITS  Jones, F.T.  May 2, 1950  2,509,099 
REFRIGERATOR (construction prefrabricated)  Jones, F.T.  Dec 12, 1950  2,535,682 
ROCKET CATAPULT  MacDonald, H.D.  Jun 3, 1969  3,447,767
ROCKET ENGINE PUMP FEED SYSTEM  Samms, A.  Sep 10, 1961  3,000,179

Back to the Top

S
SANITARY BELT  Kenner, M.B.  May 15, 1956  2,745,406 
SATELLITES (mass release mechanism for)  Hull, W.E.  Jan 28, 1969  3,424,403 
SCOURING PADS (stainless steel)  Benjamin,A.  Jun 19, 1962  3,039,125 
SECURITY SYSTEM, ETC (home)  Brown, V.B. Dec 2, 1969  3,482,037 
SHACKLE (adjustable)  Frye, I. S.  Sep 23, 1969  3,468,123 
SHOCK ABSORBER (hydraulic)  Sanderson, R.W.  Jan 9, 1968  3,362,742 
SIGNAL GENERATOR  Ancker,B.J  Nov 22, 1966  3,287,659 
STARTER GENERATOR  Jones, F.M.  Jul 12, 1949  2,475,842 
STERILIZING FOODSTUFF  Hall, L.A.  Feb 8, 1938  2,107,697 
STEROLS (recovery of)  Julian, P.L.  Oct 22, 1940  2,218,971 
SWEEPSTAKE PROGRAMMER  Elder, C.  Jan 19, 1971  3,556,531 
SWITCH, TIMING (sublimation)  Hull, W.E.  Nov 15, 1966  3,286,064 
SYRINGE (disposable)  Brooks, P.  Apr 9,1974  3,802,434 

Back to the Top

T
2~FLURO-2-DINITROETHANOL (process for the synthesis of)  Nauflette, G.W.  Mar 28, 1972  3,682,686 
TABLE (cocktail)  Jordan, J.H., Jr  May 18, 1971 D220,768 
TABLE, (morticians)  Coles, L.  Mar 26, 1974  3,799,534
TANK LIQUIDS (method and apparatus for obtaining average samples and temperatures of)  Spikes, R.B.  Oct 27, 1931  1,828,753 
TELEPHONE ALARM APPARATUS (automatic)  Gurley, C.E.  Apr 7, 1970  3,505,476
THERMOSTAT AND TEMPERATURE CONTROL SYSTEM  Jones, F.M.  Feb 23, 1960  2,926,005 
THERMOSTAT (window)  Crosthwait, D.N.  Apr 11, 1944  2,346,560 
TICKET DISPENSING MACHINE  Jones, F.M.  Jun 27, 1939  2,163,754 
TOP STRINGLESS (spinable)  Brown, P.L.  Aug 11, 1970  3,523,386 
TORPEDO DISCHARGE (means of)  Bradberry, H.  Dec 11, 1945  2,390,688 
TOY (knockdown, wheeled)  Holmes, L.M.  Nov 14, 1950  2,529,692 
TRAFFIC SIGNAL  Morgan G.A.  Nov 20, 1923  1,475,024 
TRANSMISSION AND SHIFTING,ETC.  Spikes, R.B. Nov 28, 1933  1,936,996 
TRANSMITTER, ILLUSION  Thomas, V.L.  Oct 21,1980  4,229,761
TUNGSTEN HEXAFLUORIDE, ETC. (preparation of)  Russell, J.L.  Nov 30, 1976  3,995,011 

Back to the Top

U
URINALYSIS MACHINE  Sanderson, D.S.  Jul 28, 1970  3,522,011 

Back to the Top

V
VENETIAN BLIND RESTRINGER  Nokes, C.  Jun 3, 1958  2,836,882

Back to the Top

W
WAVE GUIDE COMPONENTS  Jones, H.S., Jr.  Jul 29, 1962  3,046,507
WAVE GUIDE LINE STRETCHER (magneto-mechanical)  Jones, H.S., Jr.  Aug 23, 1966  3,268,837
WEIGHING AND TOTALING LOAD DEVICE, ETC.  Davis, S.H.  Jul 30, 1943  2,324,769 
WHEELCHAIR (stair climbing)  Weaver, R.J.  Nov 19, 1968  3,411,598 
WIRE DEVICE (triggered exploding)  Jefferson, D.  Nov 29, 1966  3,288,068 
WRENCH, MONKEY (improved)  Johnson, J.A.  Apr 18, 1922  1,413,121 

Back to the Top

Z
ZIRCONIA COMPOSITION AND PROCESS (transparent)  Smith J.S., II  Mar 11, 1967  3,432,314
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by platinumnk(f): 6:03pm On Oct 20, 2009
Meldrick:

Ah! Ah!! Ah!!!, there u go again with the feeling that you have a stake in America. My dear obliterate that notion. Oh I can now see why u feel so comfortable in another man's land. If there are no true American's, why did they have to wait so long till 2008 before getting their first black president?

does your vote even count?  
wasobia:

@ Meldrick

Good luck.

Enough said

Ive walked on 2 different campuses in Nigeria in Dec and May, what laptops are you talking about?
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by Eaglebabe: 6:06pm On Oct 20, 2009
Since ppl at home are better off,y are u still in America?Y not come and let us know that u have nothing to offer.Going abroad to work in  morgue and wear l love America T shirt, u open ur mouth wide to abuse those at home.Take ur time?
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by platinumnk(f): 6:18pm On Oct 20, 2009
Eaglebabe:

Since ppl at home are better off,y are u still in America?Y not come and let us know that u have nothing to offer.Going abroad to work in morgue and wear l love America T shirt, u open your mouth wide to abuse those at home.Take your time?

who is abusing whom?
Help the needy not the greedy

Like i said assume everybody overseas is broke. . . if it helps you sleep cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by alanrewaju: 7:27pm On Oct 20, 2009
It happens to peeps in naija as well. Some don't want what ur going through they just want u to give to them even if u have to borrow. Its just d poverty mindset.
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by chiogo(f): 11:16pm On Oct 20, 2009
Meldrick:

Again you prove me right when I say you visited Nigeria last in the 60's. I bought mine when I began working but go to our Universities here in Nigeria and see students using their personal laptops for their research work. I visited Covenant University (Ota - Ogun State) and I was impressed. Please come down to Nigeria and pay a visit to that school and you will agree with me that the days Nigerians sing America wonders are over.

Damn!!! are you sure you can read? Did I ever say people in Nigeria don't have laptops? You need to be doing "research work" to have one? Na wa!!!
Another man's land, I laugh in Djibouti!!! grin grin I'm sure you're in YOUR land, what do you gain from this land of yours? Like Platinum said, your vote doesn't even count. so leave matter.
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by Meldrick(m): 8:49am On Oct 21, 2009
chiogo:

Damn!!! are you sure you can read? Did I ever say people in Nigeria don't have laptops? You need to be doing "research work" to have one? Na wa!!!
Another man's land, I laugh in Djibouti!!! grin grin I'm sure you're in YOUR land, what do you gain from this land of yours? Like Platinum said, your vote doesn't even count. so leave matter.

Indeed, you have a serious problem reading and understanding and am surprised with the America you boast about(another man's land) you cannot get a good teacher for yourself.
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by chiogo(f): 10:57am On Oct 21, 2009
grin grin grin grin Right. I know that not conforming to your skewed views = not being able to read/understand.
I know about Nigeria way more than you think, lived there way longer too. So, like I said, leave matter. sorry if you have a problem with my "leave matter", na poor oyinbo english cause am  cool
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by na2day2(m): 5:47pm On Oct 21, 2009
who deleted my post! angry angry angry angry
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by SeanT21(f): 12:48am On Oct 22, 2009
na2day?:

who deleted my post! angry angry angry angry

Me. U are not welcome here. U are sitting ur ass in houston enjoying life and U are comming here dissing the great USA. how dare U. tongue
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by 404eater(m): 1:16am On Oct 22, 2009
lol
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by na2day2(m): 7:20am On Oct 22, 2009
SeanT21:

Me. U are not welcome here. U are sitting your ass in houston enjoying life and U are comming here dissing the great USA. how dare U. tongue

if i catch u eh! angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Interview Questions For Family Reunion Visa Application - My Personal Experience / Repairs On Third Mainland Bridge Begins On July 27, To Last 27 Months / Petrol Tanker Kills Okada Rider In Lagos & 1 Other - Graphic Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.