Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Chimamanda's Book Picked For A Hollywood Movie - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Chimamanda's Book Picked For A Hollywood Movie (7447 Views)

Chimamanda's Novel "Americanah" Is Getting A Hollywood Adaptation! / Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! / Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda's Book Picked For A Hollywood Movie by AloyEmeka6: 6:10pm On Oct 14, 2009
Kenezi:

Are you mad?
Re: Chimamanda's Book Picked For A Hollywood Movie by Homonide: 6:14pm On Oct 14, 2009
Did i hear some1 mention Pete Edochie?abeg make dem no spoil movie 4 us o, this is not an Igbo movie for GOD's sake.The only thing that man has is his

voice, diction is zero, delivery;non-existent.

Olu Jacob still remains the best alternative.
Re: Chimamanda's Book Picked For A Hollywood Movie by mrperfect(m): 6:17pm On Oct 14, 2009
I just visited her website is also very interesting http://www.halfofayellowsun.com
Re: Chimamanda's Book Picked For A Hollywood Movie by AloyEmeka6: 6:21pm On Oct 14, 2009
Homonide:

Did i hear some1 mention Pete Edochie?abeg make dem no spoil movie 4 us o, this is not an Igbo movie for GOD's sake.The only thing that man has is his

voice, diction is zero, delivery;non-existent.

Olu Jacob still remains the best alternative.
Pete Edochie has a very good diction and his' is among the best in Nigeria. Because someone's accent or dialect is different from yours doesn't mean his or her diction is bad.
Re: Chimamanda's Book Picked For A Hollywood Movie by PapaBrowne(m): 6:23pm On Oct 14, 2009
Hmmmm! This girl is going places. She was marvelous on CNN yesterday!
Re: Chimamanda's Book Picked For A Hollywood Movie by sley4life(m): 6:24pm On Oct 14, 2009
ok
Re: Chimamanda's Book Picked For A Hollywood Movie by AloyEmeka6: 6:46pm On Oct 14, 2009
PapaBrowne:

Hmmmm! This girl is going places. She was marvelous on CNN yesterday!
That's the link but I can't find the video:

http://connecttheworld.blogs.cnn.com/2009/10/12/connector-of-the-day-chimamanda-ngozi-adichie/#comment-9631
Re: Chimamanda's Book Picked For A Hollywood Movie by okeey(m): 6:58pm On Oct 14, 2009
oh my goodnessis dis real
Re: Chimamanda's Book Picked For A Hollywood Movie by omar22(m): 7:13pm On Oct 14, 2009
Question for all of you if you were going to finance the movie would you go for a Hollywood star or a Nollywood actor?
Re: Chimamanda's Book Picked For A Hollywood Movie by CrudeOil2(m): 7:17pm On Oct 14, 2009
Damn! I really admire this young woman, she has done very well for herself.
Re: Chimamanda's Book Picked For A Hollywood Movie by CrudeOil2(m): 7:22pm On Oct 14, 2009
What a shame!
Re: Chimamanda's Book Picked For A Hollywood Movie by amedino(m): 7:42pm On Oct 14, 2009
it is a good thing for an african, a true nigerian to be giving this kind priviledges. i am realy happy for her. wish her gudluck.
Re: Chimamanda's Book Picked For A Hollywood Movie by ezeagu(m): 7:45pm On Oct 14, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

His African accent was more like the Boer  type accent. The real west African accent will be difficult too pull off without someone with 100% negro blood because of the shape of the jaws.

I'm not sure about that. There are Germans who can speak in a Nigerian accent, I've seen a white lady from Calabar who has a calabar accent.

Shape of the jaws?
Re: Chimamanda's Book Picked For A Hollywood Movie by ezeagu(m): 7:47pm On Oct 14, 2009
omar22:

Question for all of you if you were going to finance the movie would you go for a Hollywood star or a Nollywood actor?

Look for other actors in Nigeria, I mean real actors. Someone already suggested Yaya Da Costa and Chiwetel Ejiofor which would be good.
Re: Chimamanda's Book Picked For A Hollywood Movie by ezeagu(m): 7:48pm On Oct 14, 2009
Homonide:

this is not an Igbo movie for GOD's sake.

Sorry to disappoint you, but this novel is centered on Igbo people, hence the 'half of a yellow sun', get it?
Re: Chimamanda's Book Picked For A Hollywood Movie by omar22(m): 8:04pm On Oct 14, 2009
Look for other actors in Nigeria, I mean real actors. Someone already suggested Yaya Da Costa and Chiwetel Ejiofor which would be good.

It wont happen, may be those who are in the background but the role would go to a hollywood star WHY? because they know how to go from one end to another end when it comes to characters,

Nollywood actors act the same way, they speak the same way despite the roles are for different characters
Re: Chimamanda's Book Picked For A Hollywood Movie by LAFOCUZY: 8:19pm On Oct 14, 2009
Pete Edochie & Olu Jacobs are perhaps two of Nigerians greatest actors. They should be part of this, And that is, if my views counts.

But this Nigerian girl have done good for herself and Nigeria. If only we have good people in governance, this counrty would have been a great place for all of us.

sad story for the IGBO, but they have forged ahead and doing well for themselve??
Re: Chimamanda's Book Picked For A Hollywood Movie by Ikengawo: 8:27pm On Oct 14, 2009
this is good! im proud of her, it would be interesting to see nollywood actors and actresses in this, the ones that can act

1. pete edochie
2. olu jacobs
4. nkem owoh

any of those 3 will do the country proud. and the guy that always plays an angry or evil king.
Re: Chimamanda's Book Picked For A Hollywood Movie by Ikengawo: 8:31pm On Oct 14, 2009
what i dont get is why more nollywood movies cant be based on books and GOOD stories that are already there

lord knows so many writers are out of ideas in the industry and the story lines are weak as Bleep often, why not capitalize of the fact that nigerians are among the best book writers in the world and use some of these brilliant plots.

after all nollywood was founded on a movie remake of Things Fall Apart.
It should seriously be common sense.
Re: Chimamanda's Book Picked For A Hollywood Movie by ritaNL: 8:42pm On Oct 14, 2009
I go be one of the cast inside this movie cos God don reveal am to me ZOOMMMMM=>=>=>=>=>Hollywood here i come
Re: Chimamanda's Book Picked For A Hollywood Movie by presido1: 9:07pm On Oct 14, 2009
Homonide:

voice, diction is zero, delivery;non-existent.Olu Jacob still remains the best alternative.
You can do better by doing away with hate and bad belle.
Re: Chimamanda's Book Picked For A Hollywood Movie by oyinda3(f): 9:15pm On Oct 14, 2009
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-336057.0.html

you guys should listen to Chimamanda give a very impressive speech here ^
Re: Chimamanda's Book Picked For A Hollywood Movie by omar22(m): 9:15pm On Oct 14, 2009
You can do better by doing away with hate and bad belle.

Its not hate or bad belle, people are going to put Miillions of $$$$ up and they would want their movie to be a flop

Look at Hotel Rwanda (2 Oscar nominees)
Look at Last King of Scotland (1 Oscar winner)

am sorry as good as the Nigerian actors are they are better options
Re: Chimamanda's Book Picked For A Hollywood Movie by lonelypal(m): 9:18pm On Oct 14, 2009
rudegirl:

Trash u cares,will the film bring food to the common man's table shocked
so why the accolades!!! tongue  shocked

Just as ur name suggest, angry ur not only rude but daft and stupid as well angry
Think before u post, just read ur post once again. Dickhead!
Re: Chimamanda's Book Picked For A Hollywood Movie by AloyEmeka6: 9:36pm On Oct 14, 2009
Ikengawo:

what i dont get is why more nollywood movies cant be based on books and GOOD stories that are already there

lord knows so many writers are out of ideas in the industry and the story lines are weak as mess often, why not capitalize of the fact that nigerians are among the best book writers in the world and use some of these brilliant plots.

after all nollywood was founded on a movie remake of Things Fall Apart.
It should seriously be common sense.
My thoughts exactly. On the other hand, why should we employ Sophie Okonedo for the role when we already have home based Bimbo Akintola or Genevieve Nnaji?. Bimbo can play that role more than any other in this world.
Re: Chimamanda's Book Picked For A Hollywood Movie by ezeagu(m): 9:40pm On Oct 14, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

My thoughts exactly. On the other hand, why should we employ Sophie Okonedo for the role when we already have home based Bimbo Akintola or Genevieve Nnaji?. Bimbo can play that role more than any other in this world.

Bimbo doesn't fit the character, maybe if she changes her appearance more because the way the main female character is described is almost the opposite of what Bimbo looks like.
Re: Chimamanda's Book Picked For A Hollywood Movie by AloyEmeka6: 9:45pm On Oct 14, 2009
How was the female character described?

[img]http://1.bp..com/_dYiGvTdvnu0/SP3cMFUtHdI/AAAAAAAAAbs/L1wBJjTJ9H4/s400/Z10.jpg[/img]
Bimbo Akintola
Re: Chimamanda's Book Picked For A Hollywood Movie by omar22(m): 10:03pm On Oct 14, 2009
My thoughts exactly. On the other hand, why should we employ Sophie Okonedo for the role when we already have home based Bimbo Akintola or Genevieve Nnaji?

Well you cant compare!, If you look at Sophie role in Hotel Rwanda you would see that she fits the bill and remember its not a low budget film, you would see that shes a far better actress, she is more experienced, she could handle the pressure that comes with a big project and she could also leave her comfort zone ,
Re: Chimamanda's Book Picked For A Hollywood Movie by koolchicco: 10:07pm On Oct 14, 2009
omar22:

Well you cant compare!, If you look at Sophie role in Hotel Rwanda you would see that she fits the bill and remember its not a low budget film, you would see that shes a far better actress, she is more experienced, she could handle the pressure that comes with a big project and she could also leave her comfort zone ,

Omar, I think I'd agree with you on this.
Re: Chimamanda's Book Picked For A Hollywood Movie by AloyEmeka6: 10:13pm On Oct 14, 2009
omar22:

Well you cant compare!,  If you look at Sophie role in Hotel Rwanda you would see that she fits the bill and remember its not a low budget film,  you would see that shes a far better actress, she is more experienced, she could handle the pressure that comes with a big project and she could also leave her comfort zone , 

What do you mean?. Are you saying that Nigerians are not good enough for a big budget movie?. We are only good enough for peanuts?. I remember somebody told me the same thing when PSG wanted to sign Okocha for $17M. back then, African players don't earn that much and that person told me that no Oyibo in his right mind will pay an African such amount for his services in soccer. Well, it happened. Stop looking down on us; many actresses in Nigeria are better than Sophie Okonedo.

What pressure can she sustain more than Nigerians who manage to shoot movies without electricity?
Re: Chimamanda's Book Picked For A Hollywood Movie by omar22(m): 10:15pm On Oct 14, 2009
What do you mean?. Are you saying that Nigerians are not good enough for a big budget movie?

Name one?

Name Nigerian actress that could play the role of Winnie Mandela?
Re: Chimamanda's Book Picked For A Hollywood Movie by AloyEmeka6: 10:26pm On Oct 14, 2009
omar22:

Name one?

Name Nigerian actress that could play the role of Winnie Mandela?
Joke Silva, Onyeka Onwenu, Hilda Dokubo etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Superstory 'sister Sister' / Movies You Are Ashamed To Admit U Have Never Seen / How To Download A Movie With Torrents?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.