Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now (37784 Views)

What Is Your Opinion On Laying Off Workers / DESOPADEC Workers Strip Unclad To Protest Non-Payment Of Bonuses (Pics) / Helmet Colours And Categories Of Workers That Wear Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by ephi123(f): 2:13pm On Sep 30, 2016
viqueta:
And the number of jobless persons just increased by 4000, may God help us

Hope that aunty that uses our airtime to remind us that we have 1 minute remaining is also among? grin

So funny! cheesy

1 Like

Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by menix(m): 2:13pm On Sep 30, 2016
APC is working...

SAI Baba to all the sacked workers who voted APC...
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by oluseyiforjesus(m): 2:13pm On Sep 30, 2016
4000?
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by mccoy47(m): 2:13pm On Sep 30, 2016
You're making this hard! This is hard!

You are chop melon before? undecided

1 Like

Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by morbeta(m): 2:16pm On Sep 30, 2016
National assembly where at thou...
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by tiwiex(m): 2:19pm On Sep 30, 2016
blackberlin:
If this is true, then it's very bad and the government should step in. . .
We know there's a ''recession'' but that doesn't mean that they should start sacking employees without their full benefits, that is so unethical.

Truth be told though, no one can blame any company for downsizing because the value of the naira is now 1/3 of what it used to be and companies cannot run on loss. . . I just pray for my country that she gets out of this issue soon.
Nigeria's story up to this present period is a story of how politicians looted the country to her knees. . . And the ones there now are story tellers and professional blamers.

Step in and do what? Fine them again? Government indirectly sacked those people. Surprised it took this long. They were fine over 100b naira last year for sim card registration. I have nothing against d fine. I have a challenge with the penalty. These are some of d consequences. I suggest government employ them with the fine collected. They have turned capitalism on its head.

4 Likes

Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 30, 2016
They should not face MTN, they should face their agent company. This happened to many friends I know back in 2011. Rather than face their agency direct they took the fight to MTN. No response came their way despite multiple instances of public disturbance and threats of lawsuits. At the end of the day all affected workers lost hope and returned back to their unemployed status -- a full month and a half later.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by ladyF(f): 2:19pm On Sep 30, 2016
This is messed up!!! God help us.
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by slap1(m): 2:20pm On Sep 30, 2016
And somehow, somewhere, some people still believe Buhari is the right person and things would get better.
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by Shiitposter: 2:22pm On Sep 30, 2016
Abi the nigerian Government has been oppressing MTN
Now its their turn to oppress nigerians working under them.

You think say na only government sabi oppress person abi?

2 Likes

Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by BigIyanga: 2:23pm On Sep 30, 2016
Do contract employees get benefits? If they are contract staff hired by a staffing agency, MTN is not legally obligated to them, their employer is.

6 Likes

Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 30, 2016
That year mtn work na hot cake, now e don cast.
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by muller101(m): 2:26pm On Sep 30, 2016
Should I cry or laugh?
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by ToySoldier2: 2:26pm On Sep 30, 2016
titus3:

Guy, I really sympathise with what is going on to you guys, but if you want to win sympathy for your cause, you should tell the truth not lies.
My brother works with you guys and he told me the whole story.

First of all, no be MTN dey sack you. Una no even reach 4000 sef!

Your vendor is CNSSL and their contract with MTN has ended.

So MTN appointed another vendor to manage you guys, but u guys are complaining about their terms and conditions. (Honestly, those terms no make sense sha)

Thank God you agree them no make sense. Don't you think it's all a game plan? CNSSL and mtn working behind the scenes?
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by GuDErboY(m): 2:28pm On Sep 30, 2016
abuayman:
SUBHANALLAH!!! 4000 staff? Just like that? Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajiun!!

Inside recession shocked
See this one
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by tiwiex(m): 2:29pm On Sep 30, 2016
menix:
MTN paying back Nigerians in their own coin..

My 2 Cents: Every Nigerian should ditch that useless company...

When government was fining them upandan, everyone join dey praise government. Even with d fine, wey d money? Is d economy any better? Have jobs been created. Government is not in d business of creating jobs. They deprived businesses of keeping their staff and set up npower. Ok oh. Currently they are facing senate over some will money transfer matter. The figures being quoted are impossible.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by passionate88: 2:30pm On Sep 30, 2016
Buhari sef
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2016
chumakk:
This is what you get when most big companies are not owned by Nigeriand! They can anything without second thought.
Even if it's owned by Nigerians , business is business, if I have to fire someone no two ways about it.
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by sekundosekundo: 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2016
I reserve my comment until I hear from Omenka and NgeneUkwuewu.

1 Like

Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by coolbreezy01: 2:32pm On Sep 30, 2016
That's wat happens wen you bite what u can't chew...u end up spitting it out!!!... #ijustwanttomakecommonsense
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by Wolfbrother(m): 2:33pm On Sep 30, 2016
Chris Ngige wont do anything about this because he is a useless old man .... minister of labor and employment indeed

1 Like

Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by segsxpendable(m): 2:35pm On Sep 30, 2016
Op,,seems u mean 400??...4k too much naau,,,habaa!!

1 Like

Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by lonelydora: 2:37pm On Sep 30, 2016
People should stop taking up contract jobs. Its better to start up something for yourself than taking a contract work. Imagine if you had opened a business for the last 10years where you will be now.

Well, una kpele ooooo
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by Wolfbrother(m): 2:37pm On Sep 30, 2016
menix:
APC is working...

SAI Baba to all the sacked workers who voted APC...

This is most likely because of the $5.2 billion fine that was imposed as well and their latest moving $13 billion illegally out of Nigeria.

Next time you sneeze , blame APC , next time you have an ulcer, blame APC, next time you fall and injure yourself, blame APC

1 Like

Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by rman: 2:38pm On Sep 30, 2016
MTN did not sack anybody. They all work with CNSSL. CNSSL .

2 Likes

Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by awa(m): 2:42pm On Sep 30, 2016
This is not funny but all the same I think the Govt in power is more clueless about the economy than the previous administration.

All they are busy doing is to put blame on the past administration and people are still supporting them...
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by Godwin16(m): 2:42pm On Sep 30, 2016
blackberlin:
If this is true, then it's very bad and the government should step in. . .
We know there's a ''recession'' but that doesn't mean that they should start sacking employees without their full benefits, that is so unethical.

Truth be told though, no one can blame any company for downsizing because the value of the naira is now 1/3 of what it used to be and companies cannot run on loss. . . I just pray for my country that she gets out of this issue soon.
Nigeria's story up to this present period is a story of how politicians looted the country to her knees. . . And the ones there now are story tellers and professional blamers.

one of the best comments i have read on Nairaland.........u are so objective and factual that the objective is calling you objective.....nice one

1 Like

Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by idu1(m): 2:42pm On Sep 30, 2016
Pity!!
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 30, 2016
cheesy

Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by seangy4konji: 2:43pm On Sep 30, 2016
Life is hard.

1 Like

Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by deebsman1(m): 2:48pm On Sep 30, 2016
Being your own boss ti take over

Excess supply of labor force is what is making all those organizations both large and small treat people bad.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated / Pharmacists And Pharmaceutical Aspirants / Konga Sacks Over 70% Of Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.