Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now (37783 Views)

What Is Your Opinion On Laying Off Workers / DESOPADEC Workers Strip Unclad To Protest Non-Payment Of Bonuses (Pics) / Helmet Colours And Categories Of Workers That Wear Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 30, 2016
blackberlin:
If this is true, then it's very bad and the government should step in. . .
We know there's a ''recession'' but that doesn't mean that they should start sacking employees without their full benefits, that is so unethical.

Truth be told though, no one can blame any company for downsizing because the value of the naira is now 1/3 of what it used to be and companies cannot run on loss. . . I just pray for my country that she gets out of this issue soon.
Nigeria's story up to this present period is a story of how politicians looted the country to her knees. . . And the ones there now are story tellers and professional blamers.

Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by Nickymezor(f): 2:50pm On Sep 30, 2016
Kia! Wat an awful news... undecided Lord hv mercy.
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 30, 2016
cool SENATOR TWEETER grin grin grin

Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by chumakk: 2:55pm On Sep 30, 2016
blueseacats:
Even if it's owned by Nigerians , business is business, if I have to fire someone no two ways about it.
4000 at once? have they tried it in south africa before?
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by LastProphet: 2:55pm On Sep 30, 2016
Kellyrown:
over population,unemployemt,recession

funny enuf people dont know Nigeria is over populated and that this is a poor country even without corruption

2 Likes

Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by finalboss(m): 2:57pm On Sep 30, 2016
emynike2001:
Yeepaaaa o boy people go plenty for street now they shout " iron condemn condemn, I wan buy iron condemn". grin grin
this guy nah werey o..lmaao ..hahshahaha

1 Like

Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by eightsin(m): 2:58pm On Sep 30, 2016
Eiya!! Sorry. Start looking for jobs again
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by Babateemd: 2:59pm On Sep 30, 2016
doble mumu goveernment. may God save Nigeria. they promised to create Jobs but the have done the exact opposite.
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by donestk(m): 3:01pm On Sep 30, 2016
So who will do the job if this large number can be disengaged?

I blame FG for mtn action.
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by EnnyLacoster(m): 3:12pm On Sep 30, 2016
[Am really not angry with you because you just said it was your brother that hinted you but never the less . . . The truth is am a victim and I just want you to know that if not that am bitter rite now I would have said thunder will fire your brother for telling you lies ]
Guy, I really sympathise with what is going on to you guys, but if you want to win sympathy for your cause, you should tell the truth not lies.
My brother works with you guys and he told me the whole story.

First of all, no be MTN dey sack you. Una no even reach 4000 sef!

Your vendor is CNSSL and their contract with MTN has ended.

So MTN appointed another vendor to manage you guys, but u guys are complaining about their terms and conditions. (Honestly, those terms no make sense sha)

[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by innovativeat2011: 3:15pm On Sep 30, 2016
viqueta:
And the number of jobless persons just increased by 4000, may God help us

Hope that aunty that uses our airtime to remind us that we have 1 minute remaining is also among? grin

Na dat one pain u pass?
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by vengertime: 3:15pm On Sep 30, 2016
KingOvoramwen1:
Oya lets take a poll......Likes For Ogun go kill Mtn!! and Shares for Leave them For God!!

Counting Starts Now............
which kind ogun. When una dey vote an illiterate as a President una no know abi? If am the owner of MTN I will make sure I sack only zombies by their names I will know them
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by demolaxl(m): 3:18pm On Sep 30, 2016
The best place to work is still fg or unicef.
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by munas: 3:20pm On Sep 30, 2016
titus3:
Amen!

My brother will be starting his private biz soon. Our family had to contribute money for him, pending till he gets a new job. But he says he wants to collect his money today so that he will have money to start.

I blame Buhari and his APC govt for this. After they fined MTN, things have not been the same for them... Now they have brought indians to come and manage their call centre, and their office is outside Lagos. So a lot of the current staff cannot move.

It has nothing to do with government fine...

The contractors are just front companies for some MTN directors and the are only looking for more profits.
Bunchos shylocks
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by zmtoz: 3:21pm On Sep 30, 2016
Recession dey affect phone call ni
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by EnnyLacoster(m): 3:22pm On Sep 30, 2016
The thing is Nigerians are Nigeria's problem. I read some comments here and I smh. Please and please don't comment on sensitive post because you are bored or trying to be noticed. God will do well for us all
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by EnnyLacoster(m): 3:25pm On Sep 30, 2016
[amen

quote author=Nickymezor post=49802085]Kia! Wat an awful news... undecided Lord hv mercy.[/quote]
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by greatmath: 3:27pm On Sep 30, 2016
Guys take heart it happens to me last year December as well, mass downsizing in my company. what i will advise you especially if you are living in Lagos and you are married or you are single but you pay for accommodation dont use force stay for lag go back to your village or a city like Ibadan or Abeokuta where things are relatively cheap. so many people we advise you that another job will come but how soon? i made this silly mistake last year i was ashamed that what we people says if i move my family to Ibadan where i moved to Lagos just less than two years. Now the little money has finished without a job thank God for a good Samaritan that gave some money to move my family to one small Africa country things are gradually getting better now we both have job now and we are fine when naija is settle we will come back. Epele ti yin

4 Likes

Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 30, 2016
No be so Nigerian government dey do her citizens?
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by otokx(m): 3:28pm On Sep 30, 2016
That number of the people in the picture do not appear to be up to 40 in number.
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 30, 2016
I have only one prayer........am tired of NIGERIA.......Buhari should allow us to go......even we suffer is accepted.....pharoah Buhari allow us to go.......north and yoruba can stay.........as a south south i preferr to go with south east than mingle with yoruba or hausa.......let us go

1 Like

Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by akinsammy(m): 3:45pm On Sep 30, 2016
4000 staffs :o4000 staffs They coming to join d millions of unemployed graduate on ground + Nysc will still release over 100,000 corps member nw after there POP nxt week... Make God just help us....
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by diva90: 3:47pm On Sep 30, 2016
This is terrible! Why won't crime rate surge when people barely have any source of income. It's sad that every industry is getting rid of people
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by Michael333: 3:47pm On Sep 30, 2016
I concur, but d ones der now r still stealing. Dogara and co no be thief den de thief? And d list goes on.

May God please forgive us our sins and see is try this mess...
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by brobro: 3:50pm On Sep 30, 2016
How can companies come to our land and make money and still enslave us? This is not so in other west African countries. Our Leaders turned a deaf ear to the cry of the people.
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by kolaa007(m): 3:53pm On Sep 30, 2016
400 more jobless people......hmmmmmm
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by jordanbusly: 3:54pm On Sep 30, 2016
This is CarPartsNigeria wishing you Happy 56th Independence. You can follow us on other platforms
- Twitter @NGCarParts
- Facebook CarPartsNigeria Deedoc
Contact Us 09099995678
Address - 15, Adekunle Street, Adekunle Yaba, lagos Nigeria
Visit www.carpartsnigeria.com

Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by bedoab10k(m): 4:11pm On Sep 30, 2016
Mobinatric:
MTN Nigeria laying off Contract Staff without been paid their full salary. No gratuity, no pension, no thank you mail to people who have spent at least 5years to like 14years of their life.

They did the worst last week by telling them to do photocopy of their ID cards and return the main ID'S with the staff left with a sheet of paper without been paid and still expected to work. They also harassed the contract staffs searching them with mobile police armed with guns as if they are criminals. This is outright injustice....

No mails communicated yet on the mode of payment for the 15days they worked as their salary is been calculated from 15th of previous month to 16th of present month, but the remaining days of 16th- 30th september is not paid with their leave days remaining and also unpaid leaves.

We call on concerns Nigerians and appropriate authorities to help them fight these course.

OP Which branch of MTN offices is this happening because some of their staff protested not long ago at Apapa and presently Policemen are in the complex for security purpose, while the staff buses are moving out emptied. Presently they are sending the staff out while some are standing at the gate chanting 'unfair' songs.
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by dragonking3: 4:13pm On Sep 30, 2016
abuayman:
SUBHANALLAH!!! 4000 staff? Just like that? Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajiun!!

Inside recession shocked
No be Una vote the dullard into power? ? Now you dey blow grammar. Just pray that your family members are not affected
Re: MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now by adetes: 4:13pm On Sep 30, 2016
again additional 4k don enter street dey look for work, plus million wey already dey ground. which way in d country ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated / Pharmacists And Pharmaceutical Aspirants / Konga Sacks Over 70% Of Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.