Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,585 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Why Moving In Together Before Marriage Is A Bad Idea - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Moving In Together Before Marriage Is A Bad Idea (4234 Views)

"Marriage Is Not An Achievement To Some Of Us" - Club UNO CEO Rants / 11 Benefits Of No Sex Before Marriage (Abstinence) / 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Indulge In Sex Before Marriage- Danceville (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Moving In Together Before Marriage Is A Bad Idea by mhisbliss(f): 1:08pm On Sep 30, 2016
McBrooklyn:

Lol, No qualms sweetheart wink

Have a great day cool
smiley you too
Re: Why Moving In Together Before Marriage Is A Bad Idea by mhisbliss(f): 1:10pm On Sep 30, 2016
firstking01:
You are stating the obvious na, i mean which guy/girl aspiring to succeed and secure a good future for himself does thisundecided, unless except his or her priority has been misplaced.
saying this makes me think you're not a guy or from the moon, I'm glad you agreed with me
Re: Why Moving In Together Before Marriage Is A Bad Idea by mhisbliss(f): 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2016
naijamakossa:
madam,,,,Just here to read the points
some people sha
Re: Why Moving In Together Before Marriage Is A Bad Idea by omega25red(m): 1:18pm On Sep 30, 2016
Poster

you have point but in reality different things work for different people.
Living together before getting married doesn't guarantee anything nor does it mean anything. If you live together before marriage, you might find out about each others quarks and either work on it or decide it's not your cup of tea. Same thing happens when you get married.

The only guaranteed thing is death. So in our culture, it might be taboo to live together before marriage but in other cultures, it's not that much of a big deal.

to touch on some of your points

1. Why Are We Moving In Together? ( love, economics)
2. Do You Want Children? ( maybe but who says once you live together you must have children)
3. How Are We Handling the Financial Obligations? ( this should be discussed before hand)
4. Where can this possibly lead, marriage? Or breakup (Both)
5. What Happens If We Break Up? ( Break up is break up you either pack your bags or i pack mine or we sit and look at each other)
6. If he's so eager to have me, why don't he just put the ring on it ( Small pikin and naija way of thinking. Not all of these decisions depend on the man's intentions)
7. How long will your biological clock permit you to stay with him, before it becomes a do or die affair ( Adult relationships consist of communication. if you are worried about biological clock then you prob should get married before moving in)
Re: Why Moving In Together Before Marriage Is A Bad Idea by IamLEGEND1: 1:20pm On Sep 30, 2016
mhisbliss:
ok assuming am ad dumb as you said i am, lemme define hype from my foolish point of view

Hype as i understand is to publicize in an exaggerated and often misleading manner, and i use subtlety to explain to you that 70% of my post is mine, i cant get into this with you, look for someone else, you're not worth my attention
In a misleading manner?
LoL.
so basically to hype something up is to lie.
well,you did plagiarize someone's writeup,so I didn't mislead anyone.

hence why i advised you learn to use words within context. You have the basic idea of what the word means but you still have trouble using it properly.
Re: Why Moving In Together Before Marriage Is A Bad Idea by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 30, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Why Moving In Together Before Marriage Is A Bad Idea by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 30, 2016
bamisepeters:
everything said might be right but you don't have the right to call someone this name. Who told you she is dumb? Many that did not take the risk she is taking are not even guaranteed they have him to themselves. Yet, we have seen many her action worked for and you can never tell if it will work for her, everything in life is risk and probability, it is wrong to call someone dumb because of their decision when it comes to relationship.
K!.
Re: Why Moving In Together Before Marriage Is A Bad Idea by IamLEGEND1: 1:38pm On Sep 30, 2016
herbie27:
K!.
As usual,spreading your stupidìty like a disease.
Someone is trying to engage you in a stimulating convo and all you could say was "K".
But if it were an insult,you'll be eager to reply in kind so people can see you as a tough nut.
Bunch of halfwits.
Re: Why Moving In Together Before Marriage Is A Bad Idea by naijamakossa(m): 1:40pm On Sep 30, 2016
mhisbliss:
some people sha
grin
mhisbliss:
some people sha
Re: Why Moving In Together Before Marriage Is A Bad Idea by mhisbliss(f): 1:43pm On Sep 30, 2016
omega25red:
Poster

you have point but in reality different things work for different people.
Living together before getting married doesn't guarantee anything nor does it mean anything. If you live together before marriage, you might find out about each others quarks and either work on it or decide it's not your cup of tea. Same thing happens when you get married.

The only guaranteed thing is death. So in our culture, it might be taboo to live together before marriage but in other cultures, it's not that much of a big deal.

to touch on some of your points

1. Why Are We Moving In Together? ( love, economics)
2. Do You Want Children? ( maybe but who says once you live together you must have children)
3. How Are We Handling the Financial Obligations? ( this should be discussed before hand)
4. Where can this possibly lead, marriage? Or breakup (Both)
5. What Happens If We Break Up? ( Break up is break up you either pack your bags or i pack mine or we sit and look at each other)
6. If he's so eager to have me, why don't he just put the ring on it ( Small pikin and naija way of thinking. Not all of these decisions depend on the man's intentions)
7. How long will your biological clock permit you to stay with him, before it becomes a do or die affair ( Adult relationships consist of communication. if you are worried about biological clock then you prob should get married before moving in)

you raised some valid points as well but ruined it with small pikin, how old am i supposed to be before i can have my own opinion, that is a very stupid Nigerian mindset, that your age determine how wise you're, it makes us so backwards, lets see it this way,
1. Your first answer was love and economics, you love someone to the point of asking that person to move in with you, ignoring the fact that it has its consequences which includes chances of getting her pregnant, and the fact that she might try to abort it, and society frowns at it, why don't you save her all that trouble by getting married i believe its the ultimate way to prove you really want to be with her

2.living together is not a guarantee you'll have kids but a man who is not ready to have kids with you doesn't have your intrest at heart, and isnt ready for responsibilities

3. I believe if you can ask a lady to move in with you, you can also cater for her every needs, so no special discussion there

4. It could lead to both, but serious people are always certain, and doubts are bad in relationships why would i move in with you when you're not certain or positive it'll lead to marriage, i dont have time for trial and error

5.if we breakup I'll surely pack my bags but like i said Time is a limited resource for girls and no sane girl will want to gamble her time with someone who is not sure of himself

6. What other intention are you supposed to have other than marriage, a test drive or a sex partner, you want something you get it

7. Since when has communication solved it, so you suggest they keep communicating for eternity, what if its your daughter in a loop in the name of communication

Re: Why Moving In Together Before Marriage Is A Bad Idea by Maxi112: 1:44pm On Sep 30, 2016
haters have arrived grin
Re: Why Moving In Together Before Marriage Is A Bad Idea by ucnwafor(m): 2:07pm On Sep 30, 2016
Kikikikikikikikikiki

And I am one of the haterz mehn!

Smh

Re: Why Moving In Together Before Marriage Is A Bad Idea by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 30, 2016
Hmm Intresting piece, I'm impressed smiley lalasticlala please do the needful
Re: Why Moving In Together Before Marriage Is A Bad Idea by SSpeter(m): 10:29pm On Sep 30, 2016
herbie27:
"compatibility" is not tested by moving in with a man, we are suppose to be married with the bed undefiled, moving in already gives room for that.

You can test how compatible you are from mere assessment, just know who you're planning to marry enough.
you see I don't have a problem with that as long as she is a virgin. But if she is not a virgin all what you have typed should find its way to the bin
Re: Why Moving In Together Before Marriage Is A Bad Idea by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 01, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
As usual,spreading your stupidìty like a disease.
Someone is trying to engage you in a stimulating convo and all you could say was "K".
But if it were an insult,you'll be eager to reply in kind so people can see you as a tough nut.
Bunch of halfwits.
So is now by force to be engaged in a discussion?.

Are you ok?, don't mention me again.
Re: Why Moving In Together Before Marriage Is A Bad Idea by IamLEGEND1: 9:06am On Oct 01, 2016
herbie27:
So is now by force to be engaged in a discussion?.
Are you ok?, don't mention me again.
what are you gonna do if i mention you?
mtcheewwww...empty barrels.
Re: Why Moving In Together Before Marriage Is A Bad Idea by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 01, 2016
SSpeter:
you see I don't have a problem with that as long as she is a virgin. But if she is not a virgin all what you have typed should find its way to the bin
And if she's not a virgin she must move in with you to test compatibility?.
Re: Why Moving In Together Before Marriage Is A Bad Idea by mhisbliss(f): 9:35am On Oct 01, 2016
herbie27:
hahahaha
Re: Why Moving In Together Before Marriage Is A Bad Idea by Vanije: 10:21am On Oct 01, 2016
Low Sperm count is one of the most common causes of infertility in men. Sometimes, the woman would be ok in terms of reproduction but still no fertilisation. Low Sperm count is caused by a lot of factors. Prominent among them is stress & diet.
If you are going through this problem & you need something effective without side effects, that can boost the count within a week, WhatsApp +2347084430249. Price:25k. 100% guaranteed!
Re: Why Moving In Together Before Marriage Is A Bad Idea by ElsonMorali: 10:35am On Oct 01, 2016
mhisbliss:
number 1 got it covered, just dont need to be furious and annoyed yet

One of the best thread on this forum so far. Well articulated. Couldn't have written it better myself.
Re: Why Moving In Together Before Marriage Is A Bad Idea by mhisbliss(f): 10:37am On Oct 01, 2016
ElsonMorali:

One of the best thread on this forum so far. Well articulated. Couldn't have written it better myself.
hmmm smiley thanks, sadly it didn't make fp, happy new month
Re: Why Moving In Together Before Marriage Is A Bad Idea by ElsonMorali: 10:44am On Oct 01, 2016
mhisbliss:
hmmm smiley thanks, sadly it didn't make fp, happy new month

Happy new month dear. Never mind. The best things are always hidden from public gaze. smiley wink
Re: Why Moving In Together Before Marriage Is A Bad Idea by mhisbliss(f): 10:59am On Oct 01, 2016
ElsonMorali:

Happy new month dear. Never mind. The best things are always hidden from public gaze. smiley wink
lols sure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Moving In Together Before Marriage Is A Bad Idea by SSpeter(m): 11:35am On Oct 01, 2016
herbie27:
If she is not a virgin....then there is nothing special again na? We can live together and get married if it works out and if it doesn't fine. Is not a do or die affair
Re: Why Moving In Together Before Marriage Is A Bad Idea by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 01, 2016
SSpeter:
If she is not a virgin....then there is nothing special again na? We can live together and get married if it works out and if it doesn't fine. Is not a do or die affair
Nobody said is a do or die affair.

Your opinion thou!.
Re: Why Moving In Together Before Marriage Is A Bad Idea by SSpeter(m): 11:51am On Oct 01, 2016
herbie27:
Nobody said is a do or die affair.

Your opinion thou!.
Women can form for jesus all those who typed against living together have all spent weekends in their boyfriends house. So what is the big deal? You go there every weekend and you reside full time? How many babe never sleep for their boyfriend house? Those wey never sleep their boyfriend no get conducive apartment trust me. My neighbour get time table sef wey them dey use come. No let me pour my mind with wetin I don see for woman matter abeq....
Re: Why Moving In Together Before Marriage Is A Bad Idea by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 01, 2016
SSpeter:
Women can form for jesus all those who typed against living together have all spent weekends in their boyfriends house. So what is the big deal? You go there every weekend and you reside full time? How many babe never sleep for their boyfriend house? Those wey never sleep their boyfriend no get conducive apartment trust me. My neighbour get time table sef wey them dey use come. No let me pour my mind with wetin I don see for woman matter abeq....
cheesy cheesy Your neighbour abi na you?, lol.
We are talking about living fully with guys when they've not done what's required, not spending one or two nights.
Re: Why Moving In Together Before Marriage Is A Bad Idea by mhisbliss(f): 12:03pm On Oct 01, 2016
SSpeter:
me for one, i haven't slept in any man's house other than my father
Re: Why Moving In Together Before Marriage Is A Bad Idea by SSpeter(m): 12:06pm On Oct 01, 2016
herbie27:
cheesy cheesy Your neighbour abi na you?, lol.
We are talking about living fully with guys when they've not done what's required, not spending one or two nights.
looool grin...na neighbour I talk ooo....no pour sand for my garri biko....na small small e dey start sha. From the bottom of my heart no Guy loves to live with a lady he is not married to. But the ladies are the ones forcing themselves. You tell go, she no gree...If a guy is working and he gets a good apartment, the ladies no dey like to go when they come around. Ask the guys around you. It can inconvenience you like crazy...sometimes my neighbour would call his friend to help him discharge the stubborn ones...Yes a guy can beg you to come visit, but no guy likes you to stay around till the next day...ministry fit cast na undecided
Re: Why Moving In Together Before Marriage Is A Bad Idea by SSpeter(m): 12:13pm On Oct 01, 2016
mhisbliss:
me for one, i haven't slept in any man's house other than my father
Well If you are dating a cute guy, who has a steady income, with a "Good" apartment and you are not a teenager and probably not the type that your dad would ask a million question if you stay out past 7pm...then...listen to this advice " If at any point the guy misbehaves just know you have someone in the friend's zone who is warming up already"...
Re: Why Moving In Together Before Marriage Is A Bad Idea by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 01, 2016
SSpeter:
looool grin...na neighbour I talk ooo....no pour sand for my garri biko....na small small e dey start sha. From the bottom of my heart no Guy loves to live with a lady he is not married to. But the ladies are the ones forcing themselves. You tell go, she no gree...If a guy is working and he gets a good apartment, the ladies no dey like to go when they come around. Ask the guys around you. It can inconvenience you like crazy...sometimes my neighbour would call his friend to help him discharge the stubborn ones...Yes a guy can beg you to come visit, but no guy likes you to stay around till the next day...ministry fit cast na undecided
I will use dumb ones to replace that, but someone already said is usually because they're in love.
Re: Why Moving In Together Before Marriage Is A Bad Idea by SSpeter(m): 12:17pm On Oct 01, 2016
herbie27:
I will use dumb ones to replace that, but someone already said is usually because they're in love.
Don't call people dumb things of the heart are not judged rationally. I have seen strong willed ladies bend, break and cry. Even guys....Emotions are stronger than knowledge.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oh Yea! Someone Should Tell Me What Exactly Is Wrong With This Photo. / Lady Walked Naked Caused An Upraor On IG (PICS & COMMENTS), / 10 Memes Of Different Types Of Women Desperate For Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.