Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife (21415 Views)

"My Spirit Husband Is Ruining My Life" - Nigerian Woman Cries Out / "Buhari Will Bring Doom To Nigeria": Father Obimma, What Holy Spirit Told Me / Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife by JackBizzle: 6:11pm On Oct 11, 2016
Ishilove:

In these matters who determines what 'common sense' is? You?

Madam, it is not me that determines commonsense but three things;

-logic
-facts
-reasoning.

These three things which will never be found in your church.

1 Like

Re: Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife by JackBizzle: 6:13pm On Oct 11, 2016
4kings:

Woolgathering ideas are different from those people actually believe even if some are wrong.(at least something led the MIND to think that way)
So it's not a silly thought, it's more of being open-minded, except you have ABSOLUTE PROOF that there is nothing more to the natural system we know.

Really, so tell me in detail why you do not believe in the Lochness Monster. Keep in mind that people do!
Re: Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife by JackBizzle: 6:14pm On Oct 11, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Well like other supernatural phenomena, science has failed to explain the phenomenom of spirit spouses. The events described by the sufferers are a far cry from what you term sexomania. Heck, the medical community does not even agree on whether sexomania is a real medical condition. I'll urge you to read up on detailed stories of the sufferers and tell me if their symptoms/complaints are consistent with any known medical/mental disorder.

There are no such things like supernatural phenomena, only natural phenomena which people do not yet understand

1 Like

Re: Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife by Ishilove: 6:14pm On Oct 11, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
This is cheap. I haven't said that those things do exist. For all we know Father Christmas exists. It is quite simplistic to make comparisons of that nature. It trivializes the issue as we both agree that there are sufferers of these conditions. What we don't agree on is what they are suffering from. Be smart dude!
There's a user here named lastchild who will probably shake his head in pity when he reads the comments here by the so-called 'logical' people.
Re: Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife by 4kings: 6:16pm On Oct 11, 2016
JackBizzle:

Really, so tell me in detail why you do not believe in the Lochness Monster. Keep in mind that people do!
I consider the possibility of its existence, i don't believe in it. Just like aliens.
Re: Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife by JackBizzle: 6:16pm On Oct 11, 2016
Ishilove:

There's a user here named lastchild who will probably shake his head in pity when he reads the comments here by the so-called 'logical' people.

When did lastchild become God? Is he some kind of omniscient judge who you use as a yardstick?

Seriously, you keep proving that many nigerian graduates are empty, for they la cram and la pour...

1 Like

Re: Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife by JackBizzle: 6:18pm On Oct 11, 2016
4kings:

I consider the possibility of its existence, i don't believe in it. Just like aliens.

Okay, then I also only consider the possibility of God/Angels/Spirit spouses. I don't believe in them.

So you now agree that God is only a possibility?

Checkmate! tongue
Re: Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife by JackBizzle: 6:20pm On Oct 11, 2016
peterphd:

Haha Logicboy, Trolling ishilove since 1903

Only when she rears her stubborn head in the religion section with stubbornness and superstitions

1 Like

Re: Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife by Ranchhoddas: 6:22pm On Oct 11, 2016
JackBizzle:

There are no such things like supernatural phenomena, only natural phenomena which people do not yet understand
Stupid ''appeal to authority'' cliche. When are you going to understand that which ''you do not yet understand''?
Re: Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:23pm On Oct 11, 2016
JackBizzle:

Madam, it is not me that determines commonsense but three things;

-logic
-facts
-reasoning.

These three things which will never be found in your church.

Mister , being an atheist does not make you logical , reasonable or replete with facts

'There is no such thing as supernatural' is a bold assertion that strongly requires proof . And because there is no contrary evidence - at least the type you are looking for - does not make your assertion true , its illogical [ argumentum ad ignorantiam ] to think that way .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife by JackBizzle: 6:25pm On Oct 11, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Stupid ''appeal to authority'' cliche. When are you going to understand that which ''you do not yet understand''?

There is no appeal to authority here. I just stated facts.

Also, no one knows when he or she will understand that which he or she does not know. You asked a funny question

1 Like

Re: Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:27pm On Oct 11, 2016
JackBizzle:

When did lastchild become God? Is he some kind of omniscient judge who you use as a yardstick?

And when did JackBizzle become God ? Is he an omniscient being that decides what man should see as supernatural or natural

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife by 4kings: 6:29pm On Oct 11, 2016
JackBizzle:

Okay, then I also only consider the possibility of God/Angels/Spirit spouses. I don't believe in them.

So you now agree that God is only a possibility?

Checkmate! tongue
Yes i do, Sincerely.
Re: Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife by JackBizzle: 6:30pm On Oct 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Mister , being an atheist does not make you logical , reasonable or replete with facts

'There is no such thing as supernatural' is a bold assertion that strongly requires proof . And because there is no contrary evidence - at least the type you are looking for - does not make your assertion true , its illogical [ argumentum ad ignorantiam ] to think that way .

The supernatural is like nothing.

What i mean is that we can compare two contrasting issues-

1) Supernatural vs natural

2) Nothing vs something

In trying to define "nothing", you make it something. If you describe nothing as "empty space", well, you will fail because empty space is "something"

In trying to define the supernatural, you make it natural. There is always a natural explanation for something. Also, as the supernatural occurs in nature, it becomes natural. Nature is everything, so how can something be outside of everything? If it happens, it happens in nature.

cool

1 Like

Re: Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife by Ranchhoddas: 6:31pm On Oct 11, 2016
Ishilove:

I was about to bring his issue up- That demon never fall in love with any of these guys that's why dem dey yarn rubbish.
Re: Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife by felixomor: 6:36pm On Oct 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

And when did JackBizzle become God ? Is he an omniscient being that decides what man should see as supernatural or natural

U nailed it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife by JackBizzle: 6:37pm On Oct 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Logic. Logic is perfect. Logic is omniscient.

For I am Logicboy, only a servant of my master, logic.

Logic is the light-bringer, the master of truth, the mind of the universe.

In his essence, I remain humble!

Praise the almighty Logic! Ramen!

1 Like

Re: Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife by JackBizzle: 6:38pm On Oct 11, 2016
felixomor:

U nailed it

"nailed" ke? MC Hammer nko?
Re: Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife by JackBizzle: 6:40pm On Oct 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

True.

But I never said that atheism made me logical.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife by felixomor: 6:41pm On Oct 11, 2016
JackBizzle:

"nailed" ke? MC Hammer nko?

That one sef join. For the nailing.
grin
Re: Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife by OMA4U(m): 6:41pm On Oct 11, 2016
There's nothing logical about this. Spirit husband/wife is real.
My people perish for lack of knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:43pm On Oct 11, 2016
felixomor:

U nailed it

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife by JackBizzle: 6:45pm On Oct 11, 2016
[quote author=OMA4U post=50116301]There's nothing logical about this. Spirit husband/wife is real.

My people perish for lack of knowledge. [/quote.

You are already perishing with false knowledge for it is worse than a lack of knowledge- at least, a clean slate can be written upon.

Who told you that spirit husband is real? Have you seen it with your own eyes? Do you have video evidence? What does a spirit spouse look or sound like?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife by Ranchhoddas: 6:47pm On Oct 11, 2016
JackBizzle:

There is no appeal to authority here. I just stated facts.

Also, no one knows when he or she will understand that which he or she does not know. You asked a funny question
It's a quote by Michael Shermer (Authority). It's not necessarily true.

1 Like

Re: Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife by yorhmienerd(m): 6:54pm On Oct 11, 2016
JackBizzle:

Sharrap!
The thing pain you, nor be small.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:59pm On Oct 11, 2016
JackBizzle:

The supernatural is like nothing.

What i mean is that we can compare two contrasting issues-

1) Supernatural vs natural

2) Nothing vs something

In trying to define "nothing", you make it something. If you describe nothing as "empty space", well, you will fail because empty space is "something"

In trying to define the supernatural, you make it natural. There is always a natural explanation for something. Also, as the supernatural occurs in nature, it becomes natural. Nature is everything, so how can something be outside of everything? If it happens, it happens in nature.

cool

All you did was redefine supernatural that's all .

The Supernatural simply transcends natural laws , its not physical or explained by natural laws . That means if something is beyond this universe or material world , it is supernatural . The Supernatural is also attributed to a deity and the event involving a deity which is inexplicable by science .

Example :
The existence of God
Life gotten from non life
Creatio ex nihilo
Supernatural intervention or events :

Also note that there are preternatural and paranormal events
Re: Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife by Ishilove: 7:00pm On Oct 11, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I was about to bring his issue up- That demon never fall in love with any of these guys that's why dem dey yarn rubbish.
Lmao! As in ehn. cheesy

Although with the way the devil has hardened their hearts, even if they have marine spirits troubling them, they will still find one English to describe it cheesy

1 Like

Re: Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:02pm On Oct 11, 2016
JackBizzle:

True.

But I never said that atheism made me logical.

You lost me there bro , you have never been logical lipsrsealed
Re: Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife by Ishilove: 7:02pm On Oct 11, 2016
OMA4U:
There's nothing logical about this. Spirit husband/wife is real.

My people perish for lack of knowledge.
I didn't even bother trying to explain anything to people who are not interested in opening up their minds. People who have denied the existence of the supernatural

1 Like

Re: Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:04pm On Oct 11, 2016
Ishilove:

Lmao! As in ehn. cheesy

Although with the way the devil has hardened their hearts, even if they have marine spirits troubling them, they will still find one English to describe it cheesy

Even sef, some atheists believe in the existence of spirits , reincarnation etc . Atheism simply means no gods .

https://www.nairaland.com/3320685/atheists-believe-reincarnation-spirits-voodoo
Re: Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife by Ishilove: 7:04pm On Oct 11, 2016
JackBizzle:

Seriously, you keep proving that many nigerian graduates are empty, for they la cram and la pour...
Your opinion has been noted and duly discarded in the waste bin of useless opinions.

2 Likes

Re: Logical Explanation For Spirit Husband Or Wife by Ishilove: 7:05pm On Oct 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Even sef, some atheists believe in the existence of spirits , reincarnation etc . Atheism simply means no gods .

https://www.nairaland.com/3320685/atheists-believe-reincarnation-spirits-voodoo
Not the ones here obviously

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Why Did You Stop Going To Church? / Do Dreams Really Matter? / Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.