Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,053 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time (44230 Views)

Any Writer Of Children's Books? / Worst And Most Accurate Writer Of All Time On Nl Literature / Happy Birthday To One Of Nairaland Best writers- Audreytimms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 28, 2016
From the title you can see the op doesn't know much about adjectival placement......
Should have read TOP 20 best nairaland writerS of all time......

If you don't know these simple things,how can you appreciate literary art
Re: Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time by Ogodlovely1(f): 9:26am On Nov 28, 2016
Let's not take life so seriously please. Have a great week guys

2 Likes

Re: Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time by DarkSavage: 9:28am On Nov 28, 2016
greg42:

You sound like you have a brain.....This op is clearly looking to attract attention...... grin grin
Everyone does. Usage varies.
Re: Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time by DarkSavage: 9:32am On Nov 28, 2016
joseph1832:
It's the shame associated with their brain power. I barely, even hardly read any story in this section. Frankly, I don't even read any story here.

The OP, in his haste to name writers, overlooked writers who have proven their penmanship here and other section.

I find it funny that most writers who write about love, romance and affairs of the heart in this section can't even hold a proper debate in Romance or family section without sounding more foolish than the league of certified morons_ in Romance section.

It is like I mentioned to you sometime ago, when reading up a story full of suspense and intrigues, one may get carried away by the storyline and plot without doing a critical appraisal of the writing style.

It's natural. I remember reading mynd44's thread recently about girls behaving like fishes. Story was enthralling but writeup was just shyly nudging the mediocre mark!
Re: Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 28, 2016
Ogodlovely1:

Lol...Have a great week yourself
Re: Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time by DarkSavage: 9:35am On Nov 28, 2016
Ogodlovely1:
Have a nice week yourself...ehm, permit me the leisure to exercise this itching curiosity, please.

Are you she whom your DP portrays?
Re: Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time by ironkurtain(m): 9:38am On Nov 28, 2016
Well, my fellow writers, you guys have heard. So let's tighten up our style of writing. The critic may sound harsh, but let's learn from it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time by joseph1832(m): 9:41am On Nov 28, 2016
DarkSavage:

It is like I mentioned to you sometime ago, when reading up a story full of suspense and intrigues, one may get carried away by the storyline and plot without doing a critical appraisal of the writing style.

It's natural. I remember reading mynd44's thread recently about girls behaving like fishes. Story was enthralling but writeup was just shyly nudging the mediocre mark!
grin All the same, we have good story tellers than good writers in Nairaland.

To me, I'm always clear to pick out the message in whatever a person is writing about. It's a no no for me to read something I can't gain from, intellectually.

I'm really tired of reading about the pros and cons of relationship. That's what is prevalent here, it's harrowing, I tell you. Nothing worth learning from, like intelligence one can really learn from.

1 Like

Re: Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time by DarkSavage: 9:48am On Nov 28, 2016
joseph1832:
grin All the same, we have good story tellers than good writers in Nairaland.

To me, I'm always clear to pick out the message in whatever a person is writing about. It's a no no for me to read something I can't gain from, intellectually.

I'm really tired of reading about the pros and cons of relationship. That's what is prevalent here, it's harrowing, I tell you. Nothing worth learning from, like intelligence one can really learn from.
One could actually write about a dumb subject in an interesting manner and beautiful diction. It's the style before the story for me.
Re: Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time by joseph1832(m): 9:55am On Nov 28, 2016
DarkSavage:
One could actually write about a dumb subject in an interesting manner and beautiful diction. It's the style before the story for me.
Yea I know. Most peeps don't bother about writing style, just reading about how a bad husband abused/cheated on his wife and got caught.
Re: Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time by Ogodlovely1(f): 9:56am On Nov 28, 2016
Yep! That's my picture
Re: Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time by Lleigh(f): 10:03am On Nov 28, 2016
I have been summoned to this debate.

Initially when I started reading the literature section a few good ones stood out to me.
My critical eye did notice a few things but I decided to overlook the errors.

A lot of stories had garnered a lot of views which to me when I read the them; were unintelligible.
So I thought that was the standard on here.

The other thing that then softened my judgement was that most people on this platform are at the minimum bilingual.
So I thought that was the reason some pieces of fiction were strange.

But please note these people have taken their time to upload their work for their audience to appreciate.

Plus also be aware people are writing using their phones.

Keep on writing folks ..just aim to get better.

If you are lucky enough to have someone who looks at your work critically when uploaded and points out your mistakes. Cherish the person.
My online spotter knows who he is and I am grateful.

I am ready to help people if required.

Keep plotting and writing folks....

1 Like

Re: Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time by Lleigh(f): 10:06am On Nov 28, 2016
joseph1832:
Yea I know. Most peeps don't bother about writing style, just reading about how a bad husband abused/cheated on his wife and got caught.

Joseph1832

I would like to write about the history of mathematics but I won't get ten views.

Re: Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time by DarkSavage: 10:06am On Nov 28, 2016
Ogodlovely1:
Yep! That's my picture
Your skin is of a brown chocolate radiance. And you're well-fleshed in a bedazzling feminine formation.

Perhaps you're new here? I can't seem to think why I have missed your presence until this morning.
Re: Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 28, 2016
A good story can't have style and not be interesting to read.......If your aiming to please......everyone would Undoubtedly be pleased if style was given more priority
Re: Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 28, 2016
DarkSavage:
Your skin is of a brown chocolate radiance. And you're well-fleshed in a bedazzling feminine formation.

Perhaps you're new here? I can't seem to think why I have missed your presence until this morning.

This ain't a dating site you know

1 Like

Re: Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time by Ogodlovely1(f): 10:16am On Nov 28, 2016
Haaa! See writing skills oh! Oya go and write a story to keep us entertained.

Thanks for the compliment. It's the Lord's doing. I am sure the ring on the 4th finger is very conspicuous. Lol

1 Like

Re: Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time by DarkSavage: 10:17am On Nov 28, 2016
greg42:

I am aware but her beauty left me numb of reason and deprived of manners. My apologies, but I'm a pushover for beauty and intelligence-- a scarce virtue these days.
Re: Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time by Lleigh(f): 10:18am On Nov 28, 2016
greg42:

Lol greg42 he is developing his descriptive skills, leave him be ☺

1 Like

Re: Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time by DarkSavage: 10:20am On Nov 28, 2016
Ogodlovely1:
Haaa! See writing skills oh! Oya go and write a story to keep us entertained.

Thanks for the compliment. It's the Lord's doing. I am sure the ring on the 4th finger is very conspicuous. Lol
I will rather write you the thoughts of my heart.

And "the ring encircling the 4th finger" has taken various import nowadays.
Re: Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 28, 2016
Lleigh:

Lol greg42 he is developing his descriptive skills, leave him be ☺

Descriptive skills indeed grin grin...
It is lacking style grin grin grin
Re: Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 28, 2016
DarkSavage:
I will rather write you the thoughts of my heart.

And "the ring encircling the 4th finger" has taken various import nowadays.

I prefer you being civil to the lady.......The ring taking various imports......Is that supposed to be a cool pick-up line
Grow a pair of balls please
Re: Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time by DarkSavage: 10:27am On Nov 28, 2016
greg42:

I prefer you being civil to the lady.......The ring taking various imports......Is that supposed to be a cool pick-up line
Grow a pair of balls please
Could I request you cease shadowing me? I can't seem to remember she appointing you as her Bannerman!

You keep jumping into my stratosphere as if I'm your gravity.

1 Like

Re: Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time by Ogodlovely1(f): 10:30am On Nov 28, 2016
Okay I am out of here.Thanks Greg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time by joseph1832(m): 10:32am On Nov 28, 2016
Lleigh:

Joseph1 832

I would like to write about the history of mathematics but I won't get ten views.

Since you're so particular about getting views, it show you don't like writing, but seek attention from writing.
Re: Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 28, 2016
joseph1832:
Since you're so particular about getting views, it show you don't like writing, but seek attention from writing.

Hold it right there......How is a writer supposed to know if they are doing a good job or not.....so the views are integral to commercial art........lleigh I particularly like your work on the river...keep it up
Re: Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time by joseph1832(m): 10:43am On Nov 28, 2016
greg42:

Hold it right there......How is a writer supposed to know if they are doing a good job or not.....so the views are integral to commercial art........lleigh I particularly like your work on the river...keep it up
You write and put your work up for criticism, not to see how many people view it.

That's why I write poems. All my work are put up for peeps to criticise and point out loopholes, not for me to measure the amount of people who viewed it.

You'll see your errors when people who are equally gifted like you or more gifted than you start appraising your work.

That's how it started for me. You should do the same too. I strongly advice.
Re: Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 28, 2016
joseph1832:
You write and put your work up for criticism, not to see how many people view it.

That's why I write poems. All my work are put up for peeps to criticise and point out loopholes, not for me to measure the amount of people who viewed it.

You'll see your errors when people who are equally gifted like you or more gifted than you start appraising your work.

That's how it started for me. You should do the same too. I strongly advice.

Not everyone thinks like this unfortunately.An artist has a flexible point of view....
Re: Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time by joseph1832(m): 11:02am On Nov 28, 2016
greg42:

Not everyone thinks like this unfortunately.An artist has a flexible point of view....
Artist? Flexible point of view? Are you saying an artist will put his work out for peeps who don't know a single thing about art to criticise?
Re: Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time by olanshile2016(m): 11:04am On Nov 28, 2016
DarkSavage:

And OP, next time, entitle your thread by adding "My Subjective Opinion" . You're in no position to announce who Nairaland best writers are. Your impudence and arrogance is a bit more startling than your taste for good literature.

Really, so stupid a person
Re: Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time by DarkSavage: 11:07am On Nov 28, 2016
olanshile2016:

Really, so stupid a person
Truth chokes you so much I see. I didn't mean to offend you, I just came with a banner of truth. But I see it crawled up in your skin and ate your nerves. Sorry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time by olanshile2016(m): 11:08am On Nov 28, 2016
greg42:
From the title you can see the op doesn't know much about adjectival placement......
Should have read TOP 20 best nairaland writerS of all time......

If you don't know these simple things,how can you appreciate literary art
You're so stupid,online miscreants, forming learned but your low thinking can't tell you that it was a mistake and front page articles can't be modify again
Bastard

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Friday The 13th- The Haunted Mansion / Our Husband Has Gone Mad Again By Ola Rotimi, A Review / The Cyber Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.