Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! (50951 Views)

Fifteen Stupid Things A Wife Can Do To Mess Up Her Marriage!!! / Please How Can Someone Handle A Wife That Loves Sex So Much? / See How A Wife Was Battered By Her Husband On Christmas Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by ceejay4real(m): 8:01pm On Oct 04, 2016
Fresia01:
I'm here honey..if u need me
Sorry, are you a gold digger? Cos you sound like one!

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by sukkot: 8:04pm On Oct 04, 2016
gypsey:
yea! man walthamstow too many Romanian and poles down the high street( market) before i left E17 it's unreal grin
bruv all demm poles and romanians and russians dem done took over the whole UK. and those people are like niggas with white skin lolzz. i went to petersborough the other day, the whole high street has turned into an eastern european street. all the shops are poles or romanians or russians. same with everywhere i have been all over the UK even as far north as manchester. one of em poles nearly ran me over too. i was just strolling through a gas station and the nigga came flying into the gas station at like 50 mph with his handyman van. i say hey what you doing speeding into a gas station like dat ? this nigga was ready to enter into a boxing match with me in that gas station. violent motherfukaz lolzzzz cheesy
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by chrisj2(m): 8:05pm On Oct 04, 2016
freecocoa:
What can you possibly want in a woman that no woman in UK can give you? I'll guess, you want a woman who will do everything you say and want with no questions, anyways I'm looking for a husband too but my condition is that we'll move to America after marriage, if you agree, hit me up.

This is funny!

What is the big deal with wanting to go to the USA - have you not seen what they are doing to black men over there?

Anyway, you have to live in the UK as a single guy to understand what they OP is facing or talking about...

It is not about the Nigerian women in the UK - it is about finding the time and the space to get to know people well enough and then for those women folk to be on the same level as you: of course, it is give and take but when you have principles and you are of a certain age, it is hard to put up with lower expectations.

Some of the ladies are far more into women lib even more than the Oyinbos, some of them still the Nja mentality of over exposing themselves or their spouse to all sorts of traditional, religious, ostentatious and OTT believes ways of doing things.

The UK is not like the USA or Nja where one can make serious amount of money - you can gets a reasonably good job and be comfortable but rarely ever rich enough to behave the way some of our ladies expect... The other thing is that the UK is far more female friendly and there are many more opportunities for the women to get on and be at parity or better than the men - and that does not always bode well (not being sexist or generalising but when the nagging starts and the disrespect then one will find that it is not worth the bother).

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by somto4u: 8:05pm On Oct 04, 2016
YEM101:
That's good if uk relationship didn't work for u, I knw a responsible girl in Naija who will be a good wife, trust me, if u a interested, we can talk! Pls am a happily married woman & I live in uk.
Another scammer on the loose I pity this UK guy if u are nt careful d guys here will scam u off ur ticket fee.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by TrollTrap: 8:05pm On Oct 04, 2016
Yo oP listen to these lot and cop you a naija girl from the UK....when I get married I sure won't go naija to search, heck even my mums warned me against doing that lol. Listen fam, just don't go Brixton searching for one lol. Go them Peckham, Lewisham or Woolwich areas and check out the market or churches you sure'll find some 'nice' girls there....
Don't go wife hunting in naija, they'll do you dirt

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by titted(f): 8:06pm On Oct 04, 2016
smile,life is really funny,well i wish you all the best in your searching, you can still get a God fearing lady in Nigeria.
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Chelseafan1: 8:06pm On Oct 04, 2016
Lool @ all the negative comments about naija girls, our girls have really suffered.

Chai
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Ademoore07(m): 8:08pm On Oct 04, 2016
Ademoore07:

Seriously, u guys need to be told the truth. I have at 3 different brothers based in the UK that got married to nigerian ladies that were brought up over there. Their marriages lasted for not more than 2 years. U might find it difficult to believe. It has nothing to do with childlessness, at least they all got a baby. There was one goddamn rule about divource overthere which all men hate, cos they say UK is queens land. Most ladies there treat their men like trash. Ask anyone living overthere if I lied.
HungerBAD:
Lol see format.

Leave our girls on Nairaland alone with this COME and MARRY format.

What is the difference between the girls in Nigeria and the UK?since the UK is an extention of Nigeria anyway.

And you think 1 month is enough to meet a girl,develop a relationship and then marry her?

Story is not adding up.

You want a Nigeria girl?then go to Nigeria in the UK to look for them. Nigeria in the UK is the South East part of London.

I lived there for almost 10 years,and I can authoritatively tell you that all the kinds of girls you want from your village,then some, is there.

Seriously, u guys need to be told the truth. I have at least 3 different brothers based in the UK that got married to nigerian ladies that were brought up over there. Their marriages lasted for not more than 2 years. U might find it difficult to believe. It has nothing to do with childlessness, at least they all got a baby. There was one goddamn rule about divource overthere which all men hate, cos they say UK is queens land. Most ladies there treat their men like trash. I don't want to go into detailsdetails. Ask anyone living overthere if I lied.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by chrisj2(m): 8:09pm On Oct 04, 2016
NikitaNike:

and very easy to find a good boy

what is olosho? or an olosho relationship?
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by omosefeeguaibor(f): 8:11pm On Oct 04, 2016
metallisc:

See as you just dey make sense upandan... physically, mentally and otherwise! grin
. True talk oo
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by ggood: 8:12pm On Oct 04, 2016
9ja girls and uk nah 5 and 6
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Cullinane: 8:12pm On Oct 04, 2016
ibx1976:
My good people I am in a bit of a situation here and would like to hear from the community. I have lived the last few years in the UK and can say I am in a reasonably "settled" place in my life except for one thing: I don't have a wife and I am getting old!.

For the last few years, going by people's advice I thought it was best to cultivate a relationship here with someone here in the UK, learn about them and settle.

It has not worked out for me. Maybe its my luck, it has not quite worked with me with the ladies over here. I always end up with someone diametrically opposite to my goals and aspirations. The idea of marrying an Oyibo is even worse - things just did not work out in that direction either.

To compound the problem, I my job does not allow me much of a social life. I just cant make it happen without help.

On a friend's advice, I have been invited to come back home to naija and see how things can work out. I have therefore taken a months leave and am headed home for the next 1 month. Our plan is to visit a few good families and places to see if anything can materialise from that.

My people any advice on this? If you were in my shoes, how will you conduct this affair. What will you look out for. What will you avoid.

Try Stella Dimoko Korkus Single and Mingle. Thank me later with pounds when you get your wife there grin

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by dumie(f): 8:14pm On Oct 04, 2016
People are just delusional..So if your girlfriend or sis is morally unstable and an olosho doesn't mean every Nigerian girl is..There are still very decent ones among us..we haven't gone extinct

3 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 04, 2016
sukkot:
bruv all demm poles and romanians and russians dem done took over the whole UK. and those people are like niggas with white skin lolzz. i went to petersborough the other day, the whole high street has turned into an eastern european street. all the shops are poles or romanians or russians. same with everywhere i have been all over the UK even as far north as manchester. one of em poles nearly ran me over too. i was just strolling through a gas station and the nigga came flying into the gas station at like 50 mph with his handyman van. i say hey what you doing speeding into a gas station like dat ? this nigga was ready to enter into a boxing match with me in that gas station. violent motherfukaz lolzzzz cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin grin man! them poles are crazy as fu...ck before i left london had a fight with some group of them at work, we all got the sack hence why it was easy to move to portsmouth to start all over again, there are alot of them over here too but they seem to be behaving themsleves haven't met any rude poles yet apart from one who tried to be racist to me mixed raced son at the playground, i scared him off by threathning to eat him and his kids and that black people eat humans he never came back to the play ground grin grin grin

there are few black people here makes me feel like a king besides it's nice and quiet some were nice to bring up me son up away from the gangster shyte in london

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by chrisj2(m): 8:16pm On Oct 04, 2016
Ademoore07:

Seriously, u guys need to be told the truth. I have at least 3 different brothers based in the UK that got married to nigerian ladies that were brought up over there. Their marriages lasted for not more than 2 years. U might find it difficult to believe. It has nothing to do with childlessness, at least they all got a baby. There was one goddamn rule about divource overthere which all men hate, cos they say UK is queens land. Most ladies there treat their men like trash. I don't want to go into detailsdetails. Ask anyone living overthere if I lied.

I agree to some extent.. The UK favours women and they have the better opportunities than African or Black men; so it is only a matter of time before things start to go wrong and you need a strong relationship and a woman that is down to earth and very understanding.

One poster suggested Peckham, Lewisham and basically SE London and environs to look for good women but what if you live in the Shires or the North of England or even Scotland, what hope? And what of you are not religious? One of them made me go to a Redeem Church... I walked out after about 3 hours of their nonsense; what they did mostly was talk about money and tithes and praying against their enemies - I don't even have any enemies: WTF?

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Fresia01(f): 8:17pm On Oct 04, 2016
ceejay4real:

Sorry, are you a gold digger? Cos you sound like one!
sorry are u a jobless busy body...CU's u sound like one!!! Punk crying more than d bereaved
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Fresia01(f): 8:20pm On Oct 04, 2016
wristbangle:

See this thief sad
I don't blame u...its a social media.. U can vomit all d trash in ur mouth
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by MizTyna(f): 8:21pm On Oct 04, 2016
HungerBAD:
Lol see format.

Leave our girls on Nairaland alone with this COME and MARRY format.

What is the difference between the girls in Nigeria and the UK?since the UK is an extention of Nigeria anyway.

And you think 1 month is enough to meet a girl,develop a relationship and then marry her?

Story is not adding up.

You want a Nigeria girl?then go to Nigeria in the UK to look for them. Nigeria in the UK is the South East part of London.

I lived there for almost 10 years,and I can authoritatively tell you that all the kinds of girls you want from your village,then some, is there.

Exactly! Most of them are just joking. In the last 2months I've worked two weddings of couples who met in the UK. Op is probably looking for who to mess around with or all this 'yes sir' girls. But he's in for a shock in both cases
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Fresia01(f): 8:21pm On Oct 04, 2016
Nnamdikalu:
Gold digger spotted:B:B:B:B
pro gold digger...takes one to know another
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by ibx1976: 8:22pm On Oct 04, 2016
chrisj2:

One poster suggested Peckham, Lewisham and basically SE London and environs to look for good women but what if you live in the Shires or the North of England or even Scotland, what hope? And what of you are not religious? One of them made me go to a Redeem Church... I walked out after about 3 hours of their nonsense; what they did mostly was talk about money and tithes and praying against their enemies - I don't even have any enemies: WTF?
I feel your pain. Been there. Done that. At least I am not totally bonkers smiley

3 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 04, 2016
Fresia01:

a 10 naira olosho spotted

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 04, 2016
Fresia01:

a 10 naira olosho spotted...guy no gree for this one ooo,,,she dey stand for opebi Allen left ooo

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Fresia01(f): 8:24pm On Oct 04, 2016
Randy91:

a 10 naira olosho spotted
seems u patronize oloshis' a whole lot hence ur ability to spot one...

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Sunglow: 8:24pm On Oct 04, 2016
@ Op don't mind all these people telling u there are no good girls back home to marry.

My huby came back from Germany and married me, were there no ladies for him to marry in Europe?

Come to Lagos,every Saturday is One wedding ceremony to another,( my saturdays are never dull)the people marrying are they Americans?No
Na naija guy marrying a naija bae o.

Just be wise sha, and be sure what you want in a wife.Ask the Lord to guide u.

Marriage for me is all about friendship.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Fresia01(f): 8:27pm On Oct 04, 2016
Randy91:

a 10 naira olosho spotted...guy no gree for this one ooo,,,she dey stand for opebi Allen left ooo
...lol I can only laff at ur stupidity..u make no sense..u sound more like a frustrated comedian
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Chukazu: 8:31pm On Oct 04, 2016
meanwhile in the same book launch, when people heard Tinubu talk about Buhari's fight against corruption...

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 04, 2016
chrisj2:

I agree to some extent.. The UK favours women and they have the better opportunities than African or Black men; so it is only a matter of time before things start to go wrong and you need a strong relationship and a woman that is down to earth and very understanding.

you forgot to mention night vigils and and the screaming of holy ghost fires, and trying to see vision for me that my uncle in the village is after me. told him my uncle died years ago grin grin so how can he be after me?
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Sweetyie(f): 8:32pm On Oct 04, 2016
KingAdegoke:
OP when you see things like this. you run.

I repeat. RUN
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by chrisj2(m): 8:38pm On Oct 04, 2016
ibx1976:

I feel your pain. Been there. Done that. At least I am not totally bonkers smiley

I am actually in more or less the same situation. I am also so busy with work to fully immerse myself in Nja circles or activities but I am fine and comfortable without a wife but will like some children...

I also intend to go to Nja for a long break; not specifically to look for a spouse but to get back into the Nja groove and integrate with the culture a bit more and then see what happens. I am not religious and do not do much tradition - even when I was in Nigeria, I was not into all that Loudness, Owambe and Toasting and general waywardness.

Good luck bros!
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by youngboi(m): 8:40pm On Oct 04, 2016
Ode

Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by AfroBlue(m): 8:41pm On Oct 04, 2016
@ibx1976 come on bro what's the real problem... five years and no score/goal? grin

Can I Find A Wife On Nl? by ibx1976: 1:33pm On Jun 24, 2011

https://www.nairaland.com/698281/find-wife-nl
Re: Help! I Am Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Wife! by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 04, 2016
YEM101:
That's good if uk relationship didn't work for u, I knw a responsible girl in Naija who will be a good wife, trust me, if u a interested, we can talk! Pls am a happily married woman & I live in uk.
yea! right! so you can take him to your church and your pastor and this so called responsible girl can drain his pocket eh? tongue na joke i dey joke o! grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Woman Flies Her Husband To Abu Dhabi For His 30th Birthday / “From Pablo To Ogbuefi” – Lady Shares Her Little Son’s Transformation / Little Boy Attends To His Kid Sister While Their Mother Writes A Test (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.