Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,158 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? (22343 Views)

Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. / 5 Things You Shouldn’t Do When Driving A Manual Car. / What Is The Maximum Speed You've Attained While Driving? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by FTBOY: 6:33am On Oct 10, 2016
dokiOloye:
Was going to d east from Lagos in mid june wt my newly cleared mercedes C300.
Ol boy,I reached Ore where d road is good and wide,next thing I noticed was that it looked like I was practically flying but d speedometer was at 140.It didn't help too that I wound all up and was using d A/C.
It was after a time it occurred to me that d speedometer was in m/h and not k/h and it didn't help that all d cars I'd used b4 were calibrated in KMs.
No be person tell me to 'reduce' leg for throttle.
the first time i hit 160 was with a mercedes c240 (a very clean 2005 model)....and i didn't know i was speeding until i wound down.
mercedes is not really a nice car, simply a speed-kill trap..

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by gboss0(m): 6:34am On Oct 10, 2016
g
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by Progressive01(m): 6:34am On Oct 10, 2016
I60 km/h.
Don't think I'd ever go beyond that.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by azpekuliar: 6:34am On Oct 10, 2016
190km/h on a 2013 kia Rio 1.6l. Benin-Ore road. Speed thrills!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by Nobody: 6:35am On Oct 10, 2016
see there mouth person wey their family never ride ddey talk speed for here grin

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by blank(f): 6:37am On Oct 10, 2016
160km/hr on third mainland in a tycoon. 150km/hr in a Toyota corolla on lekki-epe expressway.

On average, I do between 120 to 140 on third mainland.
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by mascot87(m): 6:37am On Oct 10, 2016
Ezedon:
220 on Enugu /Onitsha Expressway

Lie Mohammed spotted

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by Mrbigman1(m): 6:39am On Oct 10, 2016
I have never really driven on an interstate road before but any chance I get, I fire am.
Na siena one cut my mind one day while on a high speed, seems the bus will shatter or maybe just vanish, I just respected myself.
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by mascot87(m): 6:39am On Oct 10, 2016
orlarbissy:
undecided 400km/hr

angry angry angry
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by sofadj(m): 6:40am On Oct 10, 2016
not a very good thread, promotes speeding, especially in a country like Nigeria with bad roads.
Speed really kills.
MODS take this down

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by Baoo4eva(m): 6:40am On Oct 10, 2016
180km/hr on Benin ore express road woth my nissan primera 2000 model, I was going for interview in UBTH and I left ondo around 6am, I will never try is again, not even now that I am married. Speed kills o

1 Like

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by sumborri: 6:40am On Oct 10, 2016
Niggerians have no consience. Telling lies so easily. Imagine that liar mohamed who claimed he did 220 on enugu osha express. When did u do that ? 1998 ? What a liar. Many who don't even own barrow claiming to have sped in a car. God go punish all liars oh. Anyway mine is 140 in a nissan altima 2001

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by princeonx: 6:41am On Oct 10, 2016
Na for naija road una dey do all that catch me if you can ba? I no get anything to say.

Accident no dey kill oh na over speeding dey kill.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by banzuz(m): 6:41am On Oct 10, 2016
On Abuja airport road, my 2006 Nissan has touched 190/km.
I don't do that often though unless I will late for an appointment.
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by Trybes(m): 6:41am On Oct 10, 2016
You are happy to tell us you have driven 200km per hour. Thank your luck you arrive safe.
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by sumborri: 6:42am On Oct 10, 2016
mascot87:

Lie Mohammed spotted
don't mind that foolish man. Maybe he did dat in his dreams when that road exxxxisted as tarred road with no death trap bumps

1 Like

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 10, 2016
190km/hr heading towards 200 but the car went off.

Had to get a new engine. Toyota Camry 2015
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by Femsmart(m): 6:42am On Oct 10, 2016
Mine was 160 KM/H on Benin to Ore with Honda CRV ... It was crazy when a jeep just pass us like say we have flat tire. I just tell my padi to reduce speed because I cannot come and die.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by telim: 6:42am On Oct 10, 2016
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by Nobody: 6:43am On Oct 10, 2016
160 with my honda accord 2002 model on kano-hadejia road.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by Mayflowa(m): 6:43am On Oct 10, 2016
colossus2:

Boss, I be speed demon oh cheesy
But I don't clock 180km/hr always.
I once tried clicking 140mph and next moment my heart skipped (I wonder why) grin
Most times I like the feel of the RAV4's quick take off when you rev it high wink

Very bad. I have sworn not to do more than 110kph. I am living my second life right now. I once did 160kph Benin Ph road and I found myself at 50 m inside the bush at a sharp bend. I don't know how,but my car and I were saved except for the tyres.

Speeding is the highest cause of accident before sleeping on wheels

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by AyamConfidence(m): 6:45am On Oct 10, 2016
sumborri:
Niggerians have no consience. Telling lies so easily. Imagine that liar mohamed who claimed he did 220 on enugu osha express. When did u do that ? 1998 ? What a liar. Many who don't even own barrow claiming to have sped in a car. God go punish all liars oh. Anyway mine is 140 in a nissan altima 2001
and you expect us to believe you

1 Like

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by nasonaso: 6:46am On Oct 10, 2016
wink
ifyalways:
60 km/h.

Yeah, I'm that slow and steady old lady that every one honks for, screams at but I never budge. My AC on, music blasting, slow pace steady and I no send you face super tight. cheesy tongue

Always saying you are old whereas u never reach 90.

BTW she is a beautiful woman. Hope family is good. wink
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by profet: 6:46am On Oct 10, 2016
200km/hr in my Volvo s80 2002.....very rugged and balanced ride..... on Ore Benin express way.

Raced with my friend using Honda . end of discussion......

Got to Benin from Ore in less than 45mins...

The only ride that will give me better satisfaction is the Mercedes Benz.

#Team Volvo.

Note.....Do not try this on the road. Speed Kills.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by Felixalex(m): 6:47am On Oct 10, 2016
tweakmqq:
Trusted Data Plans:- Data Bundle Reselling Company; we have been offering data bundles since 2014 and are verified and listed by Quickteller and Cashenvoy for Online Payment processing.
Call/Whatsapp/SMS bellow

To check balance before or after purchase,
For MTN, dial *461*6#
For Etisalat, dial *229*9#
For Airtel, dial *123*57#
For Glo, dial *127*0#?

To purchase any of our data bundle, follow these easy steps;
Data Bundle Prices are listed at the bottom of post;
1. Choose data plan you want to buy.

MTN
4GB for #1000
5GB for #1200
7.5GB for #1,500
10GB for #2,000
Valid for A MONTH and a WK (38days duration)

GLO
4GB for #1000
5GB for #1200
7.5GB for #1,500
10GB for #2,000

ETISALAT
4GB for #1000
5GB for #1200
7.5GB for #1,500
10GB for #2,000

AIRTEL
4GB for #1000
5GB for #1200
7.5GB for #1,500
10GB for #2,000

These Prices are valid if you are? paying via Airtime.
To buy Call/Whatsapp/SMS .

who has ever bought data from this guy abeg? I de fear to buy, e look like scan
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by Thisnut(m): 6:47am On Oct 10, 2016
ifyalways:
60 km/h.

Yeah, I'm that slow and steady old lady that every one honks for, screams at but I never budge. My AC on, music blasting, slow pace steady and I no send you face super tight. cheesy tongue
driving too slow is dangerous also, You can get knock by a fast vehicle behind or you can fall asleep when driving at night. You also get speeding ticket for driving too slow
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by Organizer111222(m): 6:47am On Oct 10, 2016
180 was being chased by custom

1 Like

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by oginga: 6:48am On Oct 10, 2016
This earned me18 months driving ban, 7 hours of watching accident videos at the police station plus 520€ fine.

I lernt my lesson, more-so "speed kills".

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by AyamConfidence(m): 6:49am On Oct 10, 2016
I normally do 5 to 10 km/h...I no dey ever pass am cos I cannot come and kill myself...sometimes i even do 3 sef cos of bad road

on my bicycle tho...I no get car

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 10, 2016
Those of you pressing above 140km/hr I hope when it happens your family pple will not hold village pple responsible.

Anyway mine is 140km/hr 2010 Toyota Camry SE. Benin/Sapele Road. This life too sweet to die young

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by Mayflowa(m): 6:50am On Oct 10, 2016
dokiOloye:
Was going to d east from Lagos in mid june wt my newly cleared mercedes C300.
Ol boy,I reached Ore where d road is good and wide,next thing I noticed was that it looked like I was practically flying but d speedometer was at 140.It didn't help too that I wound all up and was using d A/C.
It was after a time it occurred to me that d speedometer was in m/h and not k/h and it didn't help that all d cars I'd used b4 were calibrated in KMs.
No be person tell me to 'reduce' leg for throttle.

You are really lucky. That is close to 240km/h. U where driving in coffin

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by Dapsin2901: 6:50am On Oct 10, 2016
140 MAX

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

New Tinted Permit / I've Had It With 4-cylinders. / My Lexus Car Vibrates When I Turn It On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.