Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? (22314 Views)

Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. / 5 Things You Shouldn’t Do When Driving A Manual Car. / What Is The Maximum Speed You've Attained While Driving? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 10, 2016
stpat1:

Same thing happened to me. I was driving from ph to lagos, Left home by 6 am and by 8:30 am I was leaving Benin. All the while, I never knew I was on 160 km/hr. I was looking at the upper reading of the speedometer which was in mi/hr. I only noticed that as soon as I take on the car in front of me I dust it then take on another. All the while the A/c was on.

I only notice the speedometer when I stopped by Uniben gate to buy something. E sweet sha, but as soon as I discovered, I just couldn't exceed 100 again.

Now I understand how I left bonny by 9am, got home around 12pm, pick the car and head to Owerri. Spent about 2 hrs in Owerri and by 4pm I was back home and I still went back to bonny same day.

I love Hondas. With just like #2000 fuel o. That was before the price hike.
i dey fear to fly that river.
U work for N..g?
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by snipesdam(m): 1:33pm On Oct 10, 2016
azpekuliar:

Why would I lie about it? That it is a light car does not mean that it can't go that fast. Even on a recent trip to the East, I was averaging 160km/h - 180km/h with the same vehicle. Whether I felt comfortable with the car at such speeds is a different matter entirely.

hmmm azpekuliar

1 Like

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by dayoade2007(m): 1:37pm On Oct 10, 2016
Once did 195kmph on my Mercedes benz c350 4matic

1 Like

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by Apelex(m): 1:47pm On Oct 10, 2016
I did 220km/hr.
In my 2015 Toyota Camry v6.

East west road.PH
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by baddbass: 1:56pm On Oct 10, 2016
200km/h on a BMW 135i...

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by DavidOnesi: 1:57pm On Oct 10, 2016
160km/hr Toyota Highlander 2002 model year
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by Badassniggga(m): 2:28pm On Oct 10, 2016
tnktosin:

Not necessarily a lie, boys clock 298Km/h in 1000cc bikes on naija roads. I once maxed out my '06 Yamaha R6s at 256Km/h along koko road @ Oghara sometime in 2010.
hmmn.. tread carefully my bro, life no get duplicate.... if you no listen, continue speeding and Adios amigo!!!
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by AyamConfidence(m): 3:29pm On Oct 10, 2016
sumborri:
if only u knew the state of the ontisha -enugu expressway then you would join me to call the man who made that claim a liar. One can barely do a 60km/hr on that death road talkless of 220 claimed. Same applies to lagos ibadan express way which for now has good sections for such speeds but on aapproaching shagamu turns into a death trap that 100km/hr is almost impossible if u don't wanna wreck ur car. So my example pointed out a clear liar in the osha enugu case. But I get ur point. Its a case of logic .Cheers
I get you now sir...cheers
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by wolexy2020(m): 3:44pm On Oct 10, 2016
OP, you should include motorcycles too. I constantly do a 240km/hr on a Honda fireblade 2009, 140+ while driving a Toyota Camry 1999. I actually feel safer when riding than driving , really weird embarassed
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by Em5(m): 5:04pm On Oct 10, 2016
How did this make frontpage? This is as childish as it is dangerous
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by drhappy(m): 5:07pm On Oct 10, 2016
180km/hr. The stretch between Umunede and Issele -Asagba on Benin-Asaba expressway. Lexus RX300
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by galaxi(m): 5:58pm On Oct 10, 2016
am talking about the lexus salon and not the suv.
harffie:
lol..the person driving the edge isn't a speed racer bro...believe me you can't use Lexus 300 to race Ford Edge...lol
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by azpekuliar: 7:24pm On Oct 10, 2016
snipesdam:

hmmm azpekuliar

..smh..Just because you have no guts, does not mean others don't. Before I sold one of my superbikes a 2010 Triumph Daytona 675, 235km/h was and still is my fastest speed. On a sportsbike 200km/h - 220km/h is just regular cruising bro.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by mruwaifo(m): 7:44pm On Oct 10, 2016
seangy4konji:
245kms,ford mustang gt 2013
Abi dhabi -Dubai back road.

230km Cadillac cts 2012
Ajman to Sharjah express

For naija road.
Ijebuigbo to Ibadan
BMW 3 series v6 turbo
220kms.

Jungle don mature now.

Max speed is 160.
There R no bmw with v6 sir . Only straight 6

1 Like

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by snipesdam(m): 8:50pm On Oct 10, 2016
azpekuliar:

..smh..Just because you have no guts, does not mean others don't. Before I sold one of my superbikes a 2010 Triumph Daytime 675, 230km/h was and still is my fastest speed. 200km/h - 220km/h is just regular cruising bro.

Bros person no fit play with you again? I love my life... If you like install a jet engine to your car and hit 200knots... Not my problem.

Just apply caution when pressing that pedal cause you have people waiting for you @home.

Also so you know my dad's nickname in my street is James Bond...formerly owned a Toyota Corona that looks like one of those 007 movies. Retired Auto Mechanic gives free consultation. learned a lot from his driving skills so no never try me...
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by ajalaonifaaji: 9:05pm On Oct 10, 2016
220kph- Autobahn, Volkswagen Passat CC
200kph- Abuja-Nassarawa, Avalon 2014
200kph Within Abuja expressway Avalon 2014
200kph- Ilorin- Ogbomosho, Avalon 2014
200kph- Abuja-Kaduna, Opel Vectra 2013
180kph- 3rd mainland bridge, Avalon 2014(speeding car bounces on that bridge at some intervals) this could be dangerous for the tire pressure which might cause tire explosion.
180kph-Lekki-Epe Exp Avalon 2014 early momo (regularly)

That guy that did 220kph on Enugu- Onistha express way....am wondering how that's even possible! That road is so bad, one can hardly do 100kph comfortably with bad portions of the road so crammed together, talkless of the frequent swapping of lanes.
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by seangy4konji: 12:06am On Oct 11, 2016
Thanks for the correction. I call all 6 cylinder engines v6.but this particular BMW has some extra work on the engine.ftom America with side kits and after market alloys and all those garbage. Just too fast.coja but beautiful ride.i enter Osu from Ibadan in 25 mins with the ride then.
mruwaifo:

There R no bmw with v6 sir . Only straight 6
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by Cadamlk: 12:51am On Oct 11, 2016
Bluetooth2:

190km/hr heading towards 200[b] but the car went off.[/b]

Had to get a new engine. Toyota Camry 2015
what happened? The car is too new for that now.......Just curious though.
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by Eazie351(m): 3:56am On Oct 11, 2016
512km/hr Lamboghini Gallardo.... NEED FOR SPEED MOST WANTED! wink512km/hr Lamboghini Gallardo.... NEED FOR SPEED MOST WANTED!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by Eazie351(m): 4:15am On Oct 11, 2016
tnktosin:

Not necessarily a lie, boys clock 298Km/h in 1000cc bikes on naija roads. I once maxed out my '06 Yamaha R6s at 256Km/h along koko road @ Oghara sometime in 2010.

Singing: NEARER MY GOD, TO THEE
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by wolexy2020(m): 9:37am On Oct 11, 2016
Eazie351:

Singing: NEARER MY GOD, TO THEE
I know it's dangerous to ride fast and it's safe to ride at around 120km/hr blah blah blah..
You can try riding a super bike for once in your life time... it's amazing how you can clock 240km without even feeling it especially with the helmet on. Mostly due to aerodynamics of a car compared to a motorcycle. The air resistance is lesser on a motorcycle than a car. The feel of the engine revving beneath you, the motorcycle trying to leave you behind if you don't sit on properly. Bikers know what I mean cool cool . Funny enough , the only accident I had was at a speed of 60km/hr and I believe I wasn't focus and I had my mind on something else, went into a pothole without hitting anything and I was thrown off balance cry . Was fully kitted and not even a bruise. Aboniki balm did the rest shocked

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by bibina: 11:19am On Oct 11, 2016
have done 240km/h on Kano-Dutse road with my BMW 528i F10 2012 model and yet it was like i was crawling...that road na die

AutoJoshNG:
I was having a chat with this lady who was so excited for being able to attain a maximum speed of 60 kph (kilometres per hour) on the highway. I could not hold back my laughter as she almost fainted when I told her I attained a maximum speed of 200 kph back in the days.

I also showed her this video shot from a friend who turbo-ed his 2013 Benz ML to 220 kph. I am sure some of us must have exceeded this speed.

What is the maximum speed you have ever attained while driving? Drop your response in the comment section.

http://autojosh.com/ridez-nigeria-5-top-cars-spotted-nigeria-week/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

Video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL4SuiOT3rU

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by sofadj(m): 1:56am On Oct 12, 2016
Danfuster:

Come and go and teh dem on this thread angry, you think this thread is the real one. It's people like you doing 40km/h on the fast lane that put motorist at risk. angry

https://www.nairaland.com/999283/fastest-speed-ever-driven-car/

"Tell me: how many okada accidents are due to overspeeding? Have you ever wondered why a Formula 1 racecar, driving at speeds of up to 350km/hr can maintain balance without crashingmost times? Even when it does crash the driver rarely suffers more than a few scratches. The simple reason is that the factors of safety have been greatly enhanced in a Formula 1 race.

He is trained to do so.

Danfuster:

The car, the road the driver all operate within a system ofimproved safety and control. Bearing that in mind I don't see anything wrong in travelling <b> 200km/hr </b>on a smooth, straight, longand unobstructed stretch of highway -IFyour engine can deliver and sustain such power.

Oya start listing the highways in any part of the world where it is legal to drive at such speed.
Danfuster:

Lastly, always remember to wear your seatbelt no matter how fast or slow you drive; always pay attention on the road."

Do you know anything about traffic laws? Oh well, nobody obeys laws in Nigeria anymore
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by princetom1(m): 9:16am On Oct 12, 2016
Badassniggga:
hmmn.. tread carefully my bro, life no get duplicate.... if you no listen, continue speeding and Adios amigo!!!

Adios to him.
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by tnktosin(m): 10:34am On Oct 12, 2016
Funny enough this is exactly what happened to me too. A guy in Kia knocked me off the bike at about 50Km/h and that is the only crash i've had. Only my wrist was bruised by my wristwatch. That crash could have been avoided if i was going faster grin grin
wolexy2020:
I know it's dangerous to ride fast and it's safe to ride at around 120km/hr blah blah blah..
You can try riding a super bike for once in your life time... it's amazing how you can clock 240km without even feeling it especially with the helmet on. Mostly due to aerodynamics of a car compared to a motorcycle. The air resistance is lesser on a motorcycle than a car. The feel of the engine revving beneath you, the motorcycle trying to leave you behind if you don't sit on properly. Bikers know what I mean cool cool . Funny enough , the only accident I had was at a speed of 60km/hr and I believe I wasn't focus and I had my mind on something else, went into a pothole without hitting anything and I was thrown off balance cry . Was fully kitted and not even a bruise. Aboniki balm did the rest shocked
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by tnktosin(m): 10:36am On Oct 12, 2016
Cadamlk:
what happened? The car is too new for that now.......Just curious though.
Am curious too, did 197Km/h in my wife's '07 Camry without issues.
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by Danfuster(m): 11:56am On Oct 16, 2016
maturemindsonly:

Try BMW X6 M.. you'll hate benz

Really... Bro, that's blasphemy. Don't try to turn two German Bros on each other. They're both great whip. Look what an old benz did below.... With Christmas light all over the dash

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by datjohn(m): 4:07pm On Oct 16, 2016
BMW

1 Like

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by jaz(m): 1:08pm On Dec 20, 2016
i do 180km/hr normally on sagamu road towards Abeokuta driving my 2008 Mitsubishi outlander v6
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by ziego(m): 12:19am On Jan 10, 2017
180km/hr with toyota corrola

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by limgezzy(m): 12:05am On Jan 11, 2017
170 km/h with my honda baby boy
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by Yongi99(m): 11:37am On Apr 08, 2017
I did 150km/h with 2005 ML350, broke my previous record of 125km/h with 2003 RAV4 (in Calabar).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Driver Sleeps In Vehicle For A Month To Catch Serial Car Scratcher. Can You? / FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database / My Lexus Car Vibrates When I Turn It On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.