Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,091 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? (22315 Views)

Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. / 5 Things You Shouldn’t Do When Driving A Manual Car. / What Is The Maximum Speed You've Attained While Driving? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by ziccoit: 8:48am On Oct 10, 2016
I always back home by 5pm latest after work and my little daughters know this. The day I was unavoidably had to stay back in office till 7pm and wasn't recheable through phone and could not call home, was the day I knew how I have to be more careful and think of them. The house was in disarray to the extent my 4 yrs old kid asking her mum to put on tv and see if there would be news something bad had happened to her dad!

After that day, I don't go beyond 140km/hrs and that's only when I need to overtake another vehicle.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by tnktosin(m): 8:50am On Oct 10, 2016
Badassniggga:
Chao my bros, you can lie for Africa grin
Not necessarily a lie, boys clock 298Km/h in 1000cc bikes on naija roads. I once maxed out my '06 Yamaha R6s at 256Km/h along koko road @ Oghara sometime in 2010.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by Danfuster(m): 8:51am On Oct 10, 2016
kingreign:

One very easy feat to achieve in that SUV.

Oga king, so you are here....what happened to that thread "fastest speed you've ever driven" https://www.nairaland.com/999283/fastest-speed-ever-driven-car/ with over 38 thread page, I mean there was a lot of real live pictorial proof of this feats achieved on there along with technical criticism from Siena, Gazzuz, King406, nurey, damylolah crazy dude maxed out sl500 with abs, check engine, etc lights on, noblemind, mpvgoddes, rainmaker Ajah escapade, a thread with real stories of how it went down. This men don't just type... They post pic of their tachometer.

I'm not saying this thread isn't Frontpage worthy but so also should be the one with the link up there. Seun, Lalasticlala, mynd44. I hope you will move that thread to its final destination.

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by datjohn(m): 8:56am On Oct 10, 2016

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by Rajosh(m): 8:56am On Oct 10, 2016
130km/h. but I didn't last 30secs on it before I reduced to avoid stories that touch
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by Chelseafan1: 8:58am On Oct 10, 2016
Maximum I have driven was 180km/hr on my small golf 4 car, was visiting a site in Ilorin, it was getting dark, ogbomoso to ilorin expressway.....i had to reduce the speed when my car nd steering started shaking seriously.

I think my cousin has driven more dan 180km/hr on his Benz 230 Kompressor, he spends 3 hrs from Ilorin to Lagos.

The day he told me, I was like wow.
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by buchilino(m): 9:03am On Oct 10, 2016
FTBOY:
i own and drive a solara coupe; before that, i owned a maxima - both are v6 - so i know what i'm saying..
the only difference is that v6 cars takeoff speed is faster than v4's but if you're doing a 100 with a v6 and i'm doing the same with a v4....we'll be driving at equal pace.

shikena!

OK, FAIR ENOUGH. BUT I BET U, IF I BRING MY RX N SOMEONE ELSE BRINGS A V4 CAMRY AT D SAME ROAD. D CAMRY GUY WILL NOT C MY BACK WEN WE TAKE OFF, EVEN IF BOTH OF US R 100.
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by vislabraye(m): 9:08am On Oct 10, 2016
Mine should be 140 km/h
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by Danfuster(m): 9:08am On Oct 10, 2016
FTBOY:
i own and drive a solara coupe; before that, i owned a maxima - both are v6 - so i know what i'm saying..
the only difference is that v6 cars takeoff speed is faster than v4's but if you're doing a 100 with a v6 and i'm doing the same with a v4....we'll be driving at equal pace.

shikena!

You're right and he @buchilino is right to an extent, reason: in a v6 at 140km/h you're probably just cruising which means your engine is relaxed while in an i4 powered car the engine is already screaming for help, but speed measurement are equal across all speedometer provided the vehicle components ain't compromising efficiency.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by Mcoldsoja(m): 9:10am On Oct 10, 2016
AutoJoshNG:
I was having a chat with this lady who was so excited for being able to attain a maximum speed of 60 kph (kilometres per hour) on the highway. I could not hold back my laughter as she almost fainted when I told her I attained a maximum speed of 200 kph back in the days.

I also showed her this video shot from a friend who turbo-ed his 2013 Benz ML to 220 kph. I am sure some of us must have exceeded this speed.

What is the maximum speed you have ever attained while driving? Drop your response in the comment section.

http://autojosh.com/ridez-nigeria-5-top-cars-spotted-nigeria-week/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

Video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL4SuiOT3rU

Hu speed hep?
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by harffie(m): 9:16am On Oct 10, 2016
galaxi:
2003 lexus es300 180km/hr,i never knew i have gotten to that speed not until i couldn't find the car i was racing(2008 ford edge) with coming from my mirrors,i immedately reduced the speed.
I don't think it is possible to get to 220km/hr with RX 330 or 300,you need to fix your speedometer its not working well.
lol..the person driving the edge isn't a speed racer bro...believe me you can't use Lexus 300 to race Ford Edge...lol
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by harffie(m): 9:19am On Oct 10, 2016
AutoJoshNG:
I was having a chat with this lady who was so excited for being able to attain a maximum speed of 60 kph (kilometres per hour) on the highway. I could not hold back my laughter as she almost fainted when I told her I attained a maximum speed of 200 kph back in the days.

I also showed her this video shot from a friend who turbo-ed his 2013 Benz ML to 220 kph. I am sure some of us must have exceeded this speed.

What is the maximum speed you have ever attained while driving? Drop your response in the comment section.

http://autojosh.com/ridez-nigeria-5-top-cars-spotted-nigeria-week/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

Video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL4SuiOT3rU

I think it should be the speed and the car driven to attain the speed. You can't compare 200kph of 4matic Benz to 200kph of Avalon.
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by harffie(m): 9:21am On Oct 10, 2016
buchilino:

OK, FAIR ENOUGH. BUT I BET U, IF I BRING MY RX N SOMEONE ELSE BRINGS A V4 CAMRY AT D SAME ROAD. D CAMRY GUY WILL NOT C MY BACK WEN WE TAKE OFF, EVEN IF BOTH OF US R 100.
How e wan take see your back?? Generally, it all depends on the driver.
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by buchilino(m): 9:21am On Oct 10, 2016
Danfuster:

You're right and he @buchilino is right to an extent, reason: in a v6 at 140km/h you're probably just cruising which means your engine is relaxed while in an i4 powered car the engine is already screaming for help, but speed measurement are equal across all speedometer provided the vehicle components ain't compromising efficiency.

POINT TAKEN.
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by 989900: 9:22am On Oct 10, 2016
I've done st00pid things way back, but I'd just like to use this opportunity to say the faster you drive, the more you risk blowing a tire, that is one thing none of us have no control over -- imagine blowing a tire @ 140Km/h or 200km/h. undecided

Even the Bugatti's $25,000 'run-on-flat' tires can only do 15 minutes thereabout at top speed, without generating enough heat to go 'kaboom'.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by Danfuster(m): 9:25am On Oct 10, 2016
buchilino:

Wrong, you both would be leveled at 100, the V6 was designed to shun out more acceleration, top speed and torque. Where you have advantage is take off cos the v6 engine accelerates faster cos you have 2extra cylinder than the i4. Don't be surprised an i4 camry could beat you in a race cos you have to consider a lot of factors, No1 factor is the driver, then you have wind displacement, aerodynamics, center of gravity, tire size, engine and component life.

I could beat you in an i4camry if the roads have more corners you know... While you're trying to avoid a rollover at 110km/h, I can still take on the same corner at 140km/h conveniently before you know what hit you... I'm off into the horizon.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by calmbad007(m): 9:26am On Oct 10, 2016
Ezedon:
220 on Enugu /Onitsha Expressway
enugu/onisha road?baba u b lie mohamed cousin
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by harffie(m): 9:27am On Oct 10, 2016
sumborri:
if only u knew the state of the ontisha -enugu expressway then you would join me to call the man who made that claim a liar. One can barely do a 60km/hr on that death road talkless of 220 claimed. Same applies to lagos ibadan express way which for now has good sections for such speeds but on aapproaching shagamu turns into a death trap that 100km/hr is almost impossible if u don't wanna wreck ur car. So my example pointed out a clear liar in the osha enugu case. But I get ur point. Its a case of logic .Cheers
You're right sir..most roads are now bad. But hey, I do 160kph almost everyday on Lekki expressway and also more than that on Abuja roads.
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by buchilino(m): 9:33am On Oct 10, 2016
Danfuster:

Wrong, you both would be leveled at 100, the V6 was designed to shun out more acceleration, top speed and torque. Where you have advantage is take off cos the v6 engine accelerates faster cos you have 2extra cylinder than the i4. Don't be surprised an i4 camry could beat you in a race cos you have to consider a lot of factors, No1 factor is the driver, then you have wind displacement, aerodynamics, center of gravity, tire size, engine and component life.

I could beat you in an i4camry if the roads have more corners you know... While you're trying to avoid a rollover at 110km/h, I can still take on the same corner at 140km/h conveniently before you know what hit you... I'm off into the horizon.

I DON'T NO ABOUT D LATEST MODELS, BUT MY 2001 RX vs A 01 CAMRY 4 PLUGS. I DOUBT IF IT'S A FAIR COMPETITION.
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by Danfuster(m): 9:43am On Oct 10, 2016
buchilino:

I DON'T NO ABOUT D LATEST MODELS, BUT MY 2001 RX vs A 01 CAMRY 4 PLUGS. I DOUBT IF IT'S A FAIR COMPETITION.

It all boils down to the driver
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by sheddy03: 9:46am On Oct 10, 2016
180km/h golf 3.
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by snipesdam(m): 9:48am On Oct 10, 2016
azpekuliar:
190km/h on a 2013 kia Rio 1.6l. Benin-Ore road. Speed thrills!

LIE!!! LIE!!! that car that's very light.... @ 140 you feel the tyres aren't on the ground again...
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by Onyemaboy(m): 9:54am On Oct 10, 2016
calmbad007:

enugu/onisha road?baba u b lie mohamed cousin

I have maintained 220km/hr on that same enugu port Harcourt road with a v6 toyota camry 1996 model, 200km/hr speed with a 4cylinder Toyota camry 1996 model, 180km/hr with a 4cylinder nissan bluebird and 220km/hr with a Mercedes v boot. But the highest i can go with any jeep aside Mercedes jeep is 120 due to natural laws regarding gravitational force.
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by Danfuster(m): 9:56am On Oct 10, 2016
shockwave:
The maximum I attained was 207km/h in my 2007 Mercedes Benz C280 4MATIC. It was along Ilorin ogbomosho expressway in June this year.
Its the smoothest road I've known that still exists for over 10 years.

But trust me, I burned 15 litres of my tank for 40km, which would normally take me from Lagos to Ibadan with AC at an average speed of 80km/h

And the only tokunbo tyre I had got twisted after the whole adventure which cost me another 35k to change!

But the thrill is priceless ... Right. cheesy , tell me that Tristar demon didn't intimidate you with "is that all you got", that overwhelming balance and handling just makes you feel in control and safe. cheesy
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by Drabrah(m): 9:56am On Oct 10, 2016
colossus2:

How is it not possible sir?
Help explain.....I finished the speedometer and the engine knocked in the process.
Told myself[b] I am going to purchase that 4matic someday[/b]. grin

Application 2 kpai!
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by dokiOloye(m): 9:58am On Oct 10, 2016
SMT042:
LAI MOHAMMED'S BROTHER SPOTTED.
4 ME , I DO 100/120 FROM ENUGU TO OWERRI .
Some sections of that road used to be nice and smooth in the early 2000s.
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 10, 2016
120km/h.

Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by buchilino(m): 10:03am On Oct 10, 2016
Danfuster:

It all boils down to the driver
OK, IF U SAY SO
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by bozz007(m): 10:05am On Oct 10, 2016
don't think i've ever gone more than 120. I mostly try to keep it at 110 max. Cannot coman kill mysef
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by pinkyruledworld(m): 10:07am On Oct 10, 2016
220 - Dodge Charger SRT
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by ogtavia(m): 10:14am On Oct 10, 2016
stil did 160kph dis morning on my way to work...abuja...airport road...however...I easily average 140 kph driving the Toyota Hilux..2014...on journeys with the Hilux I do 160 steadily..for instance.on my way from kaduna last two weeks...I did 160 steadily till I got close to Abuja and slowed down cos of the road ND parked vehicles...driving the Avalon 2006 model however,i dont do beyond 120 or 130 kph cos beyond that speed...whatever happens to you in that sweet dependable avalon is your fault...still hoping to push it to 160/180 kph someday soon..speed thrills but it kills...but when it is the necessary evil...have some driving fun at it...
Re: What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? by genkins(m): 10:16am On Oct 10, 2016
200km/hr Abuja kUbwA express way...2003 Honda Eod v6 at abt 11pm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Driver Sleeps In Vehicle For A Month To Catch Serial Car Scratcher. Can You? / FG Approves National Vehicle Identification Database / My Lexus Car Vibrates When I Turn It On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.