Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) (77731 Views)

The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them / Aguiyi-Ironsi With Ojukwu, Gowon, Hassan Katsina, David Ejoor & Wey. Throwback / Boko Haram Kills Umusu, A Lt Colonel, In Borno (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by daleehat: 3:14pm On Dec 31, 2018
Anytime I remember that TY Danjuma killed Agui Ironsin It gladden my heart and make me proud as a Jukun Man

1 Like

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by Godskidk(m): 3:15pm On Dec 31, 2018
ezegenigbonine:

u call me a child, don't postrate and beg Wen u see my real face. so u better withdraw ur statement
Forgive the man...
Most people just talk anyhow cause they think the forum is faceless
Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by Baselm: 3:16pm On Dec 31, 2018
JuanDeDios:

The northern oligarchy became powerful because the NPC was ruling the country, right? Yet, the NPC was only able to form a government because the NCNC agreed to a coalition. Whose fault was it that the NCNC did not wrest sufficient concessions from their coalition partners such that a northernisation of national institutions was taking place under their nose?

We were not headed towards a civil war and the sort of corruption you had then was nothing compared to what you have now. And why the barbaric murders - why didn't they simply lock up the politicians?

When you advocate a revolution, you're TRUSTING those who will carry out the revolution to be any better or that the revolution will not be hijacked by people with a separate agenda like it happened in Iran. Goodluck with that. But you saw what military rule did to Nigeria. Ghana improved because Rawlings was sincere - he could have set the country on a part to improvement like he did without the killings. After all, Samuel Doe killed people in a similar fashion in Liberia and we know the result. You think the Arabs are less bigoted than us?

Only those who resisted arrest were murdered( Sardauna and Akintola), some were also murdered when the coup failed and Ademoyega and Ifeanjuwa were trying to escape , they wouldn't make it with those prisoners. You will hardly hear of any civilian casualty,even the likes of Fani Kayode were released, but u can't just release a military prisoner of war at a time u are volatile.
Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by Godskidk(m): 3:18pm On Dec 31, 2018
Kazrem:

How was Ironsi foolish?
Ask that question again
Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by BuddhaPalm(m): 3:18pm On Dec 31, 2018
JuanDeDios:

You mean knaive. He was. But his real mistake was letting those who murdered the prime minister get away with it. That was wrong. He should have had them swiftly tried and executed and there would have been no counter-coup.

This.

Making a show of punishing those responsible would have tempered the North's ire.

1 Like

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by Baselm: 3:19pm On Dec 31, 2018
ezegenigbonine:

I blame him though but check other scenario
Murtala was assassinated on the road,
Abacha was murdered as strong as he is
Buhari went to mecah n was overthrown by Ibb n Wen he returned he was imprisoned.

Those are more gallant way to be overthrown. Not just people walking in and walking out with the head of state, going on to flog him to death.it shows a country with a weak defense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by ezegenigbonine: 3:20pm On Dec 31, 2018
Godskidk:

Forgive the man...
Most people just talk anyhow cause they think the forum is faceless

K bro
Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by gistrepublic: 3:20pm On Dec 31, 2018
Lordave:
I hope not to read betrayal, Afonja, IPOB, slave and master" bullshít on this thread from rude and disrespectful scallywags. You imps should let us reminisce on the pucture in peace.

But Ironsi was a foolish man, sha.

Fool he was!!!

1 Like

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by JuanDeDios: 3:21pm On Dec 31, 2018
Baselm:

Only those who resisted arrest were murdered( Sardauna and Akintola), some were also murdered when the coup failed and Ademoyega and Ifeanjuwa were trying to escape , they wouldn't make it with those prisoners. You will hardly hear of any civilian casualty,even the likes of Fani Kayode were released, but u can't just release a military prisoner of war at a time u are volatile.
The punishment for resisting arrest is a bullet to the head - not handcuffs, scolpolamine, or anything like that? The Sardauna, Balewa, Akintola, Okotie-Eboh, Col Shodeinde, etc all resisted the soldiers?

4 Likes

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by pooozeee(m): 3:21pm On Dec 31, 2018
Afriifa:
and what came out of their born to rule leadership?

Danjuma is spending blood money

1 Like

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by Decryptor(m): 3:22pm On Dec 31, 2018
KingOfAllIgbos:
Fajuyi, Fawehinmi, Dele Giwa, Fela,Soyinka .... all men with balls.

They different from Kanu and Ojukwu who fled at first sign of trouble...

Oladipo Diya on the other hand, has 90% Aba Jew blood grin

Fajuyi: Shattered to death by saladin rifle...

Fawehinmi: Jailed by Abacha and later died miserably because he was sidelined by OBJ's government...

Dele Giwa: Blown to smithereens by a letter bomb...

Fela: Died of AIDS after emaciating like a diabetic camel...

Soyinka: First pioneer of campus cultism who is currently frustrated by supporting buhari's election into power and got nothing from it

Ojukwu: Lived a ripe old age and was giving a Presidential Burial which the likes of "Otapiapia Ambassador" chief awo-OLE-owo was denied.

Nnamdi Kanu: Still alive and kicking while giving your slave master (buhari) tension.

2 Likes

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by kings4660(m): 3:23pm On Dec 31, 2018
let me go and ask my daddy smiley
Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by ezegenigbonine: 3:23pm On Dec 31, 2018
Baselm:

Those are more gallant way to be overthrown. Not just people walking in and walking out with the head of state, going on to flog him to death.it shows a country with a weak defense

True talk. The one that pains me most is the death of abacha. Do u know that till today nobody knws what killed him. Some says a lady with � who is this lady were is she from , why is she not arrested. This country sef. N nobody cares

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by ezegenigbonine: 3:26pm On Dec 31, 2018
Decryptor:

Fawehinmi: Jailed by Abacha and later died miserably because he was sidelined by OBJ's government...

Soyinka: First pioneer of campus cultism who is currently frustrated by supporting buhari's election into power and got nothing from it

Ojukwu: Lived a ripe old age and was giving a Presidential Burial which the likes of "Otapiapia Ambassador" chief awo-OLE-owo was denied.

Nnamdi Kanu: Still alive and kicking while giving your slave master (buhari) tension.

Yoruba Don suffer
Northerners really hit them hard

3 Likes

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by Decryptor(m): 3:27pm On Dec 31, 2018
daleehat:
Anytime I remember that TY Danjuma killed Agui Ironsin It gladden my heart and make me proud as a Jukun Man

But the fulanis whom Danjuma worked with are currently using your people as tissue paper today based on the killings in your area. They even came to TY Danjuma's village and slaughtered hundreds and burnt down houses. Now he is crying like a scared chicken grin

Does that still make you proud?

2 Likes

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by kings4660(m): 3:28pm On Dec 31, 2018
There was a countryNigeria
Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by gidgiddy: 3:28pm On Dec 31, 2018
colestephan86:

The story has it that, the soldiers to fajuyi to hand ironsi over to them and he responded by saying he would only do that if the kill him first.

This is a lie that the Lagos/Ibadan expressway media have been selling to Nigerians for years. At no time did the Soldiers ask Fajuyi to produce Ironsi, they wanted both Fajuyi and Ironsi.

Lt General Jerry Useni who participated in that coup said that Fajuyi was killed because although Fajuyi did not participate in the first coup, he was aware of it at the planning stage and supported it by telling nobody

1 Like

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by Jahwinaboy(m): 3:29pm On Dec 31, 2018
IPOB +AFONJA= There was love. Let the will of JAH be done

1 Like

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by Godskidk(m): 3:29pm On Dec 31, 2018
ezegenigbonine:

True talk. The one that pains me most is the death of abacha. Do u know that till today nobody knws what killed him. Some says a lady with � who is this lady were is she from , why is she not arrested. This country sef. N nobody cares
True... Can someone here tell me how Abacha really die?

1 Like

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by colestephan86: 3:31pm On Dec 31, 2018
gidgiddy:

This is a lie that the Lagos/Ibadan expressway media have been selling to Nigerians for years. At no time did the Soldiers ask Fajuyi to produce Ironsi, they wanted both Fajuyi and Ironsi.

Lt General Jerry Useni who participated in that coup said that Fajuyi was killed because although Fajuyi did not participate in the first coup, he was aware of it at the planning stage and supported it by telling nobody
Anyways, whether or not these men died isn't my problem anymore. Their children are still in the corridors of power today. Na my own I dey face o. Make I no lie.lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by KingOfAllIgbos: 3:32pm On Dec 31, 2018
Decryptor:

This Nobel Prize for Literature epistle attempt all for my comment....

Talk true, you cried an ocean of tears.

Very salty and tasty for me cheesy i enjoyed reading your lamentations so much grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by jrusky(m): 3:33pm On Dec 31, 2018
Born2Breed:

Both of them were close and swore to an oath to protect each other no matter what.

Seems they both had promination or Bello was in the know of the counter coup and hinted Nwankwo.

And you were there then And it was Bello or Nwankwo that tells you they are both on sworn allegiance isn't

Things really happened those days but such is life hopefully we are not walking into that era again when over 100 police besieged a single compound looking for just one man.
Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by colestephan86: 3:33pm On Dec 31, 2018
gidgiddy:

Anyways, whether or not these men died isn't my problem anymore. Their children are still in the corridors of power today. Na my own I dey face o. Make I no lie.lol
Murtala's son was a minister during obj regime
Ironsi son was also a minister during obj's regime.and so on.
Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by cobsol(m): 3:36pm On Dec 31, 2018
Sirjamo:
And who the crap was Ironsi that's what taking a bullet for?

If I were Fajuyi, I would have killed him even before Danjuma did. He (Ironsi) provoked the counter coup by refusing to punish those who carried out the earlier coup because they were Igbo.

Worth mumu ngoro.
Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by hansomb: 3:37pm On Dec 31, 2018
ezegenigbonine:

OK let say he caused his, what of abiola death,did he caused his also

Well, Abiola ( Déagol) sacrificed himself for democracy. He has everything anybody in life wants. Power eluded him like Frodo was with the ring. He should have gone exile like them Tinube, Soyinka and co to avoid the evil of
Abatcha (Sauron) did and come back when the atmosphere becomes calmer. Those who return now are the ones enjoying the reward, the only exception is the cunning OBJ (sméagol).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by gidgiddy: 3:37pm On Dec 31, 2018
wink2015:

THE IRONSI MILITARY GOVERNMENT BROUGHT IN UNITARY CONSTITUTION WHICH SUCCESSIVE GOVERNMENT IN NIGERIA INCLUDING THE PRESENT GOVERNMENT REFUSED TO CHANGE OR ABOLISH TILL TODAY.

THERE IS THE GROWING CALL FOR NIGERIA TO BE RESTRUCTURED INTO A TRUE FEDERAL STATE WHERE TRUE FEDERALISM, FISCAL FEDERALISM AND RESOURCE CONTROL IS PRACTISED.

Sharing the crude oil resources of the Niger delta region to idle state is not only oppressive but archaic.

All military governments run a unitary system of government, Ironsi's regime was bound to follow suit.

However in the case of Ironsi, he was the only military President of Nigeria to keep the structure of Nigeria largely the way he met it. There were 4 Regions when Ironsi came and he keep the 4 Regions that way. After Ironsi, Gowon came and abolished the 4 Regions and creared 12 states. After Gowon, Murtala Mohammed came and increased the states from 12 to 19. Successive regime kept increasing it until we had 36 states.

Ironsi was the only one who increased nothing. Had other regimes kept the 4 Regions as Ironsi did, we would have returned to Regionalism whenever civilian rule came back.

But because Gowon and his fellow Northerners broke up the 4 Regions, we could not return to Regionalism to this day
Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by Decryptor(m): 3:40pm On Dec 31, 2018
KingOfAllIgbos:

This Nobel Prize for Literature epistle attempt all for my comment....

Talk true, you cried an ocean of tears.

Very salty and tasty for me cheesy i enjoyed reading your lamentations so much grin

Yo are actually the one doing the crying as we speak because i brushed facts as sharp as sandpaper all over your ewedu face! Your reply was just lame and to save face grin grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by KingOfAllIgbos: 3:42pm On Dec 31, 2018
Decryptor:

Decryptor to his useless homosexual father and worthless wh0re mother:

Yo are actually the one doing the crying as we speak because i brushed facts as sharp as sandpaper all over your ewedu face! Your reply was just lame and to save face grin grin cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by JuanDeDios: 3:44pm On Dec 31, 2018
ezegenigbonine:

u call me a child, don't postrate and beg Wen u see my real face. so u better withdraw ur statement
I don't know your age. Just as you didn't know mine when you made the post I responded to. I'm not a child and I doubt you are. When you post, keep it civil. No need to ask people to talk to their father.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by Sirjamo: 3:46pm On Dec 31, 2018
cobsol:

Worth mumu ngoro.
Yes, it was an error, you don't have to insult me.

1 Like

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by jrusky(m): 3:46pm On Dec 31, 2018
Decryptor:

Nnamdi Kanu: Still alive and kicking while giving your slave master (buhari)
tension.

Oh Lord who is this again who let the dog out for goodness sake So Mr is these thrash you wrote all you can deduced from.this topic Pls who are your parent You must not enter 2019 with this virus infection in your brain because if you do it will end up in disaster to yourself, your family, your village, your state in fact to the entire Nigeria. Village people are really following you pls don't enter 2019 like this biko.

Please read what you posted and tell me what connection does it have with the headline seriously you made me to concur to UN report that Nigeria housed over 20 million mad people surely with no doubt you are one of them. Ndooh pls go use your anti depressant you hear biko Nnwanne ehn....sorry the moon hasn't show up yet ok sorry.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by Decryptor(m): 3:48pm On Dec 31, 2018
KingOfAllIgbos:
My useless homosexual father and worthless wh0re mother:

i am actually the one doing the crying as we speak because Decryptor brushed facts as sharp as sandpaper all over my ewedu face! my reply was just lame and to save face grin grin cheesy cheesy

Ok! Noted!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

EndSARS Protesters Raise Funds To Buy A Protester Prosthetic Leg (photo). / Dot In A Circle: Enyinnaya Abaribe Wearing 'The Dot Nation' T-Shirt (Photos) / Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.