Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Untold Story Of SSS Raids On Judges’ Homes In Abuja, Six States - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Untold Story Of SSS Raids On Judges’ Homes In Abuja, Six States (33346 Views)

Senate Blocks Move To Summon Lawan Daura, SSS Boss Over Raids On Judges / Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed / Femi Fani-kayode Condemns The Raiding Of Judges Homes By DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Untold Story Of SSS Raids On Judges’ Homes In Abuja, Six States by olaolaking: 2:22pm On Oct 09, 2016
limeta:

You not good at this
Fing something you good at
All this is too much for you.
I can't say if I am good at this. That is why I ask questions.
You never provided answers to any of the 2 questions
Re: Untold Story Of SSS Raids On Judges’ Homes In Abuja, Six States by modsfucker: 3:49pm On Oct 09, 2016
omowolewa:
the possession of cash may not necessarily mail the judges. FG should get it facts right.

You don't know facts my guy.. . FG is not stupid.
Re: Untold Story Of SSS Raids On Judges’ Homes In Abuja, Six States by Doyin2(m): 3:55pm On Oct 09, 2016
Now I believe PMB,that Judiciary is a big headache!

Wow,just a mere retirement for corrupt judges.?

So Collect bribe say $2m,then retire and enjoy your Loot!
Re: Untold Story Of SSS Raids On Judges’ Homes In Abuja, Six States by omowolewa: 4:14pm On Oct 09, 2016
Paddy, litigation doesn't work like that, I don't know what FG has against the lawyers. But the legal team should get their facts right. Regards

modsfucker:

You don't know facts my guy.. . FG is not stupid.
Re: Untold Story Of SSS Raids On Judges’ Homes In Abuja, Six States by Eecho(m): 10:01pm On Oct 09, 2016
slimfit1:

You are filled and full of sheet.
Agama Lizard,when last did u eat?
Re: Untold Story Of SSS Raids On Judges’ Homes In Abuja, Six States by Eecho(m): 10:02pm On Oct 09, 2016
favourmic:

Bro did you remember to complete your drug?
Ur mum took all my drugs...Hahaha
Re: Untold Story Of SSS Raids On Judges’ Homes In Abuja, Six States by omonnakoda: 10:17pm On Oct 09, 2016
SuperS1Panther:
For the people asking whether DSS has the power of arrest, this answers your question

section 3 (1) of the SSS instrument I of 1999 provides: "For[b] the purpose of facilitating the discharge of its functions under these instrument,[/b] personnel of the State Security Services are hereby conferred with the powers of Superior Police officer in respect of searches and arrest". In simple terms, the law vests on the personnel of the SSS the same powers of arrest vested on officers of the NPF
They have powers of arrest with regard to its function .What is its function?

A arresting people for prostitution
B arresting people for gay sex
C arresting people for drunkenness
D arresting people for film piracy
Ultimately the question will be answered by the courts

Your argument is inchoate and does not fully address the question. I am not saying your conclusion is wrong or right. I do not know. But the argument that you use is unconvincing. There is a a reason We have Customs and Police and EFCC and NDLEA.
One would expect the DSS to concern itself with Fulani Herdsmen and Haram. I think this should have been done by the police or the EFCC. My concern is that if the DSS have perpetuated an illegality then they may end up scoring an own goal and allowing corrupt judges to escape on technicalities. An arrest is not a conviction
Re: Untold Story Of SSS Raids On Judges’ Homes In Abuja, Six States by SuperS1Panther: 10:27pm On Oct 09, 2016
omonnakoda:
They have powers of arrest with regard to its function .What is its function?

A arresting people for prostitution
B arresting people for gay sex
C arresting people for drunkenness
D arresting people for film piracy
Ultimately the question will be answered by the courts

Your argument is inchoate and does not fully address the question. I am not saying your conclusion is wrong or right. I do not know. But the argument that you use is unconvincing. There is a a reason We have Customs and Police and EFCC and NDLEA.
One would expect the DSS to concern itself with Fulani Herdsmen and Haram. I think this should have been done by the police or the EFCC. My concern is that if the DSS have perpetuated an illegality then they may end up scoring an own goal and allowing corrupt judges to escape on technicalities. An arrest is not a conviction

The function of DSS is in respect of internal security. The arrest in this case refers to crimes that threatens internal security.

Except you want to argue that corrupt Judges that are representatives of God on earth are not a threat to our internal security, which will be very absurd.

As a private citizen, you can also arrest.
Re: Untold Story Of SSS Raids On Judges’ Homes In Abuja, Six States by favourmic(m): 1:29am On Oct 10, 2016
Eecho:
Ur mum took all my drugs...Hahaha

Then if she took all your drug then you're finish
Re: Untold Story Of SSS Raids On Judges’ Homes In Abuja, Six States by omonnakoda: 9:39am On Oct 10, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

The function of DSS is in respect of internal security. The arrest in this case refers to crimes that threatens internal security.

Except you want to argue that corrupt Judges that are representatives of God on earth are not a threat to our internal security, which will be very absurd.

As a private citizen, you can also arrest.
It is not for me to argue? Am I a party to the case? Anything can be argued to threaten internal security.ANYTHING. Let us wait for the courts to decide. My point is arrest is not a conviction and the DSS should be careful that their exuberance does not compromise successful prosecution. You see I am one of those people who accepts the limits of my knowledge but enjoy debates and so will not take an absolutist position as many like to do .I am always willing to be persuaded by a good argument but in law we must be careful of precedents. If we take the view that any crime threatens internal security then the DSS may become something else. For example stealing money meant for arms procurement by the army generals arguably threatens internal security. One does not expect the DSS to be arresting army generals for fraud and if this precedent passes then our jurisprudence will change very significantly.As such my perspective is not limited to just this case but very long term indeed.
It seems to me that the Fulani Herdsmen activity is a greater threat and not one arrest has been made by the DSS if there has then it is a secret.
I very much want corrupt judges to be jailed,I just fear that legally the DSS may have scored an own goal after all they will be taking their case before judges in the end who will not want to undermine their class privileges. Actions must be taken with the endgame in mind and not just for creating sensation
Re: Untold Story Of SSS Raids On Judges’ Homes In Abuja, Six States by Eecho(m): 9:44pm On Oct 10, 2016
favourmic:

Tell dat to ur Epileptic Dad grin
favourmic:

Tell dat to ur Epileptic Dad
Re: Untold Story Of SSS Raids On Judges’ Homes In Abuja, Six States by favourmic(m): 10:29pm On Oct 10, 2016
Eecho:
Tell dat to ur Epileptic Dad ;DTell dat to ur Epileptic Dad

You see what we talking about I pray you get those drug on time
Re: Untold Story Of SSS Raids On Judges’ Homes In Abuja, Six States by timstone(m): 11:01pm On Oct 10, 2016
[quote author=bejeiodus post=50031514]The DSS acted ultra vires. They went overboard with their abominable actions.

The fight against corruption, while applaudable, must be done within the ambit of law.

The bench should consider this appalling treatment of its members an assault on its independence. All lovers of democracy and the rule of law must rise in unison and condemn this act of tyranny. Nigeria is not Stalin's Russia and the President must be told so.

By the way, the DSS should provide ocular evidence of the money found in the homes of these judges. It has become a pastime of the government and its agencies to bandy humongous figures about.
What do you know about rule of law,when the police detain and frustrate the common keke,okada and taxi driver on the street because of fifty naira bribe why don't you shout rule of law,necessary comment
Re: Untold Story Of SSS Raids On Judges’ Homes In Abuja, Six States by ExInferis(m): 6:35am On Oct 11, 2016
omowolewa:

My brother law is not like that, it's not about morals , it's about facts and history.

you've said a load of nothing, really. my statement is grounded in law and facts and not sentiments.

if they can substantiate (fact) their means of income as legal (law) over their career spans (history) then they've nothing to worry about.
Re: Untold Story Of SSS Raids On Judges’ Homes In Abuja, Six States by ExInferis(m): 6:39am On Oct 11, 2016
naijaboy756:
you Zombies can't even reason well. Now u ask when a public servant has 300m. Were you blind when it was said that Buratai owns 2 houses in Dubai? Common sense requires that he that goes to equity must go with clean hands...

whether buratai has a million houses in dubai or mars is completely beside the point. the judges are criminal and must face the law whether or not buratai is also a crook.

you idiots tend to justify crime by comparative analysis; that is, if A is guilty then B can equally be guilty and all's well with the world.

what an arseholic insinuation!
Re: Untold Story Of SSS Raids On Judges’ Homes In Abuja, Six States by omowolewa: 9:20am On Oct 11, 2016
ExInferis:

you've said a load of nothing, really. my statement is grounded in law and facts and not sentiments.

if they can substantiate (fact) their means of income as legal (law) over their career spans (history) then they've nothing to worry about.

Mr. erudite, enjoy your day abeg. You don win!
Re: Untold Story Of SSS Raids On Judges’ Homes In Abuja, Six States by ifyalways(f): 9:31am On Oct 11, 2016
This was the very thread I was looking for yesterday.
Re: Untold Story Of SSS Raids On Judges’ Homes In Abuja, Six States by ExInferis(m): 10:36am On Oct 11, 2016
omowolewa:

Mr. erudite, enjoy your day abeg. You don win!

lols i like you!
Re: Untold Story Of SSS Raids On Judges’ Homes In Abuja, Six States by Eecho(m): 7:27pm On Oct 11, 2016
favourmic:

You see what we talking about I pray you get those drug on time
Me and u no get talk nah ur mum I go kpansh
Re: Untold Story Of SSS Raids On Judges’ Homes In Abuja, Six States by favourmic(m): 7:31pm On Oct 11, 2016
Eecho:
Me and u no get talk nah ur mum I go kpansh

You can go and kpsansh it in heaven it's never too late
Re: Untold Story Of SSS Raids On Judges’ Homes In Abuja, Six States by Eecho(m): 7:46pm On Oct 11, 2016
favourmic:

You can go and kpsansh it in heaven it's never too late
Mumu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

USA Barred Buhari In 2001 Over Plan To Islamize Nigeria - Atiku / EFCC Operatives Storm Okorocha’s Abuja Residence / IPOB/ESN Burnt Down Home Of Ikenga Imo Uchechinyere In Akokwa Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.