Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,456 members, 7,836,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes (57825 Views)

Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari / Asiwaju Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes. / Nigeria Using UK Aid To Persecute PMB's Political Foes Rather To Fight Boko Hara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by BraniacX(m): 2:07pm On Oct 09, 2016
Fineman87:

OK sir. We will unite only when the sw have finished fighting the north. 2019 is still far away. So for now, we are watching in 3D the battle between the sw and the north. Very interesting. Lol.

And what do you think will be happening between now and 2019 while we fold our hands and let the north decimate the SW? If we allow that, come 2019 when you think we should align with them, they'll be spent and exhausted politically and unable to bring anything to the table in this future alliance you propose!
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by ASL33: 2:07pm On Oct 09, 2016
BraniacX:

I disagree!
I know these people! I grew up and live with them and argue with them on a daily basis, and true they obviously and evidently would have enjoyed the maligning of the SS/SE had they gotten what they wanted! But the question is what do they want? And try and differentiate it from "what does tinubu want?" Because despite all appearances, tinubu isn't the south west! There's also fayose, afenifere, yoruba council of elders and many more! Should we abandon them too because of tinubu?

The SS/SE have been fighting alone for some time now, how has it been working out? Not too well i tell you, how about we work together as a united south instead? Or this blame game circle will keep repelf!
if Tinubu is not the SW why all these noise now that tinubu has been schemed out from the bounty sharing?.
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by buchilino(m): 2:08pm On Oct 09, 2016
sarrki:
Tinubu can't be humiliate

I know no one reign forever

But won't condone that for now

Children of hate and anger will soon troop in now

It's pure envies just because tinubu buried there hero

Politically

U NO, UR NOT HELPING MATTERS 4 UR PPLE. AS BAT IS BUSY LOOKING 4 ALLYS. DO U THINK DAT D NORTH WILL JUST SIT N BE WATCHING. 2 MY SS/SE PPLE LETS RELAXE N WATCH D WHOLE SCENARIO PLAY OUT. I HAVE A FEELING DAT D 4GOTTEN BRIDE WILL SOON START SHINING AGAIN.
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by OAUTemitayo: 2:11pm On Oct 09, 2016
Shym3xx:

^^^This is what really matter and what the focus should be on. And if anything, they can support Biafrans covertly with their Biafra and also covertly aid the SS in their quest for resources control. The whole centre thing is an unwinnable war due to Fulani hegemony, the structure of the country, and the rigged population.

Anyway, I hope amala bandits don't end up betraying one another again. But never rule that out when you have Egbas, Ibadan/Oyo folks, and folks from Ekiti/Ondo axis there. Osun, Ijebu, and Lagos Yorubas are the most loyal to the cause. Yes, I said it. grin

Honestly this is so wrong.
General Oladipo Diya that served a repressive government murdering Yoruba leaders was not used to generalise Ijebus.
Haaba
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Shym3xx: 2:12pm On Oct 09, 2016
BraniacX:

I never said the north are our masters oh!
I said they are masters of political permutations (a.k.a chess) in the Nigerian context! I also said they're not the only masters and that we have masters down south too! Imagine if tinubu had the backing of amaechi, okorocha and oshiomole? Do you think they'll discard him so easily? Buhari without the backing of the rest of the northern elite is no different from tinubu and that's why, until he had their support in 2015, he was nowhere near aso rock! We as southerners should remember that we are more alike with than different from each other and unite!

Lol. You lot give these Northerners too much. It's not like they can play chess - politics is a numbers game. They know they have the numbers based on structure, the power that comes with military and generational wealth/influence cos they've been ruling since like forever. And they understand the concept of "every man has a price", hence they can really use their wealth, numbers game, and military power/influence to exert divide and conquer.

OBJ took them to school. And OBJ isn't really a smart guy - he's just cunning. Two different things. If you can take away the source of their generational wealth (oil) and the military out of it - they'll fall apart miserably. They're not deft when it comes to chess - they just know how to exert power. And they've been using the tactic since 1960.
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by wristbangle: 2:14pm On Oct 09, 2016
AntiWailer:

A united south can not defeat any north.

The voting power of the North can not be ignored.

It takes a save person like OBJ to negotiate power with them .

Wrong. Actually it can but unfortunately that can't happen becos we are and has never been united in south
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by BraniacX(m): 2:14pm On Oct 09, 2016
flokii:

yorubas will never team up with the East.. don't flatter urselves here. The 2015 elections already made that clear

And I hope you wnt expect support for any Eastern candidate from SW cos it won't happen.. The only period you guys had to shine was 2015 elections and it is gone for good. your candidate lost, the entire SE lost.

your people even earned the tag "5%", such cool feat I must confess... Now ur region will remain stagnant, only those able to loot during GEJ will enjoy their lives with their families.

Keep hating everywhere, yorubas dnt care

You're Such a kid and the foolishness of your post is irritating! undecided
Good day!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by BraniacX(m): 2:24pm On Oct 09, 2016
Shym3xx:

Lol. You lot give these Northerners too much. It's not like they can play chess - politics is a numbers game. They know they have the numbers based on structure, the power that comes with military and generational wealth/influence cos they've been ruling since like forever. And they understand the concept of "every man has a price", hence they can really use their wealth, numbers game, and military power/influence to exert divide and conquer.

OBJ took them to school. And OBJ isn't really a smart guy - he's just cunning. Two different things. If you can take away the source of their generational wealth (oil) and the military out of it - they'll fall apart miserably. They're not deft when it comes to chess - they just know how to exert power. And they've been using the tactic since 1960.

Obj took who to school? Lol! cheesy
I remeber ghali umar n'abba, enwerem, okadigbo and all that gave obj nightmares! They made obj president extracting significant concessions from him! That is not schooling! That is negotiating! And when he went against their interests (3rd term agenda) they cut his wings again! But i agree that obj is cunning where GEJ was plain and simple!
And how do we retrieve the military and economic control from them without forming a single united power block?
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Shym3xx: 2:28pm On Oct 09, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Honestly this is so wrong.
General Oladipo Diya that served a repressive government murdering Yoruba leaders was not used to generalise Ijebus.
Haaba

That fact that he served by virtue of being the next in command militarily, that doesn't mean he betrayed anyone. People would even argue that he planned a coup to oust the head of state then, due to his loyalty to the Yoruba cause. If he never cared about Yorubas, would he have been involved in a Yoruba coup, which most Yoruba leaders at the time most likely knew about, or would have continued enjoying the status quo?

Look back into the history of Yorubas and one thing you'll see is that Ijebus/Remos are always consistent whenever they give you their word about being loyal to any cause. You can call them selfish/stingy (for no reason) and other stereotypes - but when it comes to loyalty, their word is always their bond. Even when everyone was fighting Kiriji wars, they never renegaded from their pledge to protect Ife, despite pressures from everyone.

Lagos Yorubas are another set of loyal Yorubas. And when I say Lagos Yorubas, I'm not alluding to folks like Fashola whose forebears are from Ekiti - I mean the proper ones. With them, they always ride with whatever cause they choose to go with, till the end, regardless of whose ox is gored. When they sided with NCNC - they rode with it to the end. And when they got behind mainstream Yorubas - they rode with it to the end.

As for Osun - they ooze everything Yoruba. It's Yoruba or nothing else. They're riders!

The most treacherous ones are the Egbas (I'm quarter Egba, btw). Ibadan/Oyo folks just live in their own paradise with amala mentality. And for Ekiti/Ondo folks, I don't know if it's cos they're Eastern Yorubas - they're always neither here nor there.

I'm not the type to lie to you - I'll just tell you the truth. Take it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by dragonking3: 2:30pm On Oct 09, 2016
Fineman87:

Yes o. My brother. But we will work with the sw only when they have finished fighting the north. So they must fight alone.
Lol..Them go hear am well. grin

The northerners are good with deception. They went to El zazaky when they needed the vote from his shiite people, today, nobody knows whether he is dead or alive. .Thats what you get for aligning with the devil.. Tinubu just got served. Am surprised that Bisi Akande warned him and he didn't listen.
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by BraniacX(m): 2:31pm On Oct 09, 2016
ASL33:
if Tinubu is not the SW why all these noise now that tinubu has been schemed out from the bounty sharing?.

Because this is a reawakening of the mind! And it is an opportunity that shouldn't be ignored! Our SW brothers and sisters must be made to differentiate between the southwest's interests and tinubu's interests and align with the SS/SE on the basis of confluence of interests!
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Shym3xx: 2:34pm On Oct 09, 2016
BraniacX:

Obj took who to school? Lol! cheesy
I remeber ghali umar n'abba, enwerem, okadigbo and all that gave obj nightmares! They made obj president extracting significant concessions from him! That is not schooling! That is negotiating! And when he went against their interests (3rd term agenda) they cut his wings again! But i agree that obj is cunning where GEJ was plain and simple!
And how do we retrieve the military and economic control from them without forming a single united power block?

The fact that one man was able to wrestle power from them by imposing a sick president against their wish. Thus giving GEJ a SSerner a leeway to ruling the country shows how he took them to school.

He might be scared of them (who wouldn't be with all the power they have?), but he got one on them with that semi-dead president. Without him, I doubt an Ijaw man would've ruled a country like that. A Southern minority - especially since he stole his tenure from the North.
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Johnsinia(m): 2:38pm On Oct 09, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
The silent movement of a lion is not cowardice. Tinubu obviously has a plan B for his so called enemies. He has won several political battles and i trust him to come out victorious on this one. We will put an end to this born to rule caliphate in 2019 by aligning with our southern brothers. A united south can defeat the north any day. I trust Tinubu to come up with a contigent plan by 2019. GEJ dared him and today he is in otueke. Buhari should thread carefully
My. friend by the time Buhari deal with Tinubu finish, he Tinubu will not no the road to the SW and like s coward just as his brother he will drink rat poison to end it in prison
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by BraniacX(m): 2:44pm On Oct 09, 2016
flokii:

are you minding those hate filled ones..

SW has VP, Finance minister, Fashola (very powerful portfolio) but they have nothing to show.. Even minorities have risen above them in National politics.

I dnt see the North forming ally with them again with d level of bias they displayed in 2015, only d deluded ones are here wishing. Too bad for them really

With the exception of the VP, the rest are political appointees whom a simple cabinet reshuffle will sweep away and the VP is a political lightweight and nonentity and not in any position to influence national polity in the interests of the southwest so what are you celebrating? Your best interests lies in an alliance with people who have common interests and will allow you have your fair share of influence and interests in national polity and that is a united south! Hell! Your VP is already being locked out of council of state meetings so what further proof do you need?
Grow up and grow wise! undecided
Have a nice day!
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by OAUTemitayo: 2:45pm On Oct 09, 2016
Shym3xx:

That fact that he served by virtue of being the next in command militarily, that doesn't mean he betrayed anyone. People would even argue that he planned a coup to oust the head of state then, due to his loyalty to the Yoruba cause. If he never cared about Yorubas, would he have been involved in a Yoruba coup, which most Yoruba leaders at the time most likely knew about, or would have continued enjoying the status quo?

Look back into the history of Yorubas and one thing you'll see is that Ijebus/Remos are always consistent whenever they give you their word about being loyal to any cause. You can call them selfish/stingy (for no reason) and other stereotypes - but when it comes to loyalty, their word is always their bond. Even when everyone was fighting Kiriji wars, they never renegaded from their pledge to protect Ife, despite pressures from everyone.

Lagos Yorubas are another set of loyal Yorubas. And when I say Lagos Yorubas, I'm not alluding to folks like Fashola whose forebears are from Ekiti - I mean the proper ones. With them, they always ride with whatever cause they choose to go with, till the end, regardless of whose ox is gored. When they sided with NCNC - they rode with it to the end. And when they got behind mainstream Yorubas - they rode with it to the end.

As for Osun - they ooze everything Yoruba. It's Yoruba or nothing else. They're riders!

The most treacherous ones are the Egbas (I'm quarter Egba, btw). Ibadan/Oyo folks just live in their own paradise with amala mentality. And for Ekiti/Ondo folks, I don't know if it's cos they're Eastern Yorubas - they're always neither here nor there.

I'm not the type to lie to you - I'll just tell you the truth. Take it or leave it.
Tell me where Egbas have betrayed the Yoruba cause. I hope you know that there are traitors in every house l. We have Ijebu and Egba people who supported Abacha. I am an Egba man and we are not treacherous. We have never gone again the voting pattern of Yoruba people.
Your hypothesis failed all forms of testing and experimentation.
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by bejeria101(m): 2:45pm On Oct 09, 2016
Mumu! Your eye don clear? Send me fb request oponu!
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by kernel504(m): 2:46pm On Oct 09, 2016
sarrki:
Tinubu can't be humiliate
I know no one reign forever
But won't condone that for now
Children of hate and anger will soon troop in now
It's pure envies just because tinubu buried there hero
Politically
Your lion was buried by a certificateless stone-age-Baboon.
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by ArabMopol(m): 2:46pm On Oct 09, 2016
Southern Nigeria was indeed blessed with highly gifted and very bright minds who, assisted to navigate the independence of Nigeria. “They were respected and revered by both friends and foes alike,yet they could not weld the South together in unity.They were so to speak, united more in distrust and cynicism about each other. The unfortunate result was the lack of unity, cohesion and solidarity among their people. Because we could not speak with one voice in matters of common interest, the South became easily manipulated and preyed upon by our detractors whose tactics has always been to divide and rule.” the time has come to correct the errors of yesterday. The statement identified the negative effects of the divisiveness of southerners as lack of common understanding and inability to speak with one voice unlike the North that in spite of their differences, always remains united in matters of common interest I emphasised the need for the South to come together and speak with one voice. "The military which was dominated by the north has always be using divide and rule and this has entered into our democracy.
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Shym3xx: 2:46pm On Oct 09, 2016
OAUTemitayo

Let me add this. Who knows if it was a next Yoruba man who gave the intel of a Yoruba coup to the head of state and his boys at the time, hence they were able to infiltrate their ranks from early? That was a fvcking Yoruba coup. grin

One thing you can do is call a man who risked everything to support a cause. He probably acted like a biitch after he was arrested. But you can't question his loyalty to the cause that got him in the mess. And I'm sure Yoruba leaders persuaded him to do it and he rode with them.
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by kernel504(m): 2:48pm On Oct 09, 2016
fulanimafia:
Tinubu will take over South East politics come 2019 at this rate, to fill the vacuum of a political leader for the region.

Rochas & Obiano watch out.

***Modified***

For those expressing puzzlement at my statement; it's simple.

As the East lacks a central political figure, Tinubu will have to take that place in order for the region to regain political relevance in 2019 and that possibility is getting stronger with the current permutations of a southern political bloc...except of course a heavy realignment occurs and the East takes Osibanjo's position in readiness for a 2023 eastern presidency.

The plot thickens.

Sorry... We don't want your offer, go else where.
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by OAUTemitayo: 2:49pm On Oct 09, 2016
Shym3xx:
OAUTemitayo
Let me add this. Who knows if it was a next Yoruba man who gave the intel of a Yoruba coup to the head of state and his boys at the time, hence they were able to infiltrate their ranks from early? That was a fvcking Yoruba coup. grin
One thing you can do is call a man who risked everything to support a cause. He probably acted like a biitch after he was arrested. But you can't question his loyalty to the cause that got him in the mess. And I'm sure Yoruba leaders persuaded him to do it and he rode with them.
I forgot...... Ijebus always beef Egbas. It's nothing serious though.
Egbas rock and we will continue to rock.
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by BraniacX(m): 2:49pm On Oct 09, 2016
uprightman:

Read why super eagles are not scoring enough goals.

http:///1egxdX

Absence of teamwork! Lol! cheesy
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by ogwumgbe: 2:50pm On Oct 09, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
The silent movement of a lion is not cowardice. Tinubu obviously has a plan B for his so called enemies. He has won several political battles and i trust him to come out victorious on this one. We will put an end to this born to rule caliphate in 2019 by aligning with our southern brothers. A united south can defeat the north any day. I trust Tinubu to come up with a contigent plan by 2019. GEJ dared him and today he is in otueke. Buhari should thread carefully

Before 2019, he will be in prison. He's not bigger than Awolowo, Abiola,Adekunle, Oladipo Diya, Obasonjo, Shonekan
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 09, 2016
ogwumgbe:

Before 2019, he will be in prison. He's not bigger than Awolowo, Abiola,Adekunle, Oladipo Diya, Obasonjo, Shonekan

He might not go to jail. But he and osibanjo will be humiliated, even before 2018.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Shym3xx: 2:55pm On Oct 09, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Tell me where Egbas have betrayed the Yoruba cause. I hope you know that there are traitors in every house l. We have Ijebu and Egba people who supported Abacha. I am an Egba man and we are not treacherous. We have never gone again the voting pattern of Yoruba people.
Your hypothesis failed all forms of testing and experimentation.

OBJ and MKO the two biggest Yoruba traitors ever. Even Fela Kuti never liked the both of them.

Even Egba kings were part of the Yoruba kings who betrayed their son, MKO. And the only king who wasn't a party to that nonsense was the Ijebu one.

And nah, the face of the struggles of Yoruba causes has always been Ijebus. Awolowo, then Abraham Adesanya.

I'm just telling you truth about loyalty. You lot need to stop this ugly show of shame and never ending betrayals. It's sickening and utterly shameful. Fix up, man. And I don't even like Tinubu.
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Shym3xx: 2:57pm On Oct 09, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
I forgot...... Ijebus always beef Egbas. It's nothing serious though.
Egbas rock and we will continue to rock.

This isn't about beef - I'm 1/4 Egba. I'm just showing you the truth. And I never singled out Egbas - I mentioned the other groups, while lauding Osun folks for being the most quintessential Yorubas.

Nothing to beef with Egbas.
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by buchilino(m): 2:58pm On Oct 09, 2016
mazifrankmore:
Tinubu onye ara
NNA U DEY VEX OOOO.
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by generalorot(m): 2:59pm On Oct 09, 2016
Tinubu at it again o... Supporting oke now turning to mimiko lipsrsealed this is getting interesting.. Oke losing gradually... Some people will never learn lipsrsealed
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by ogwumgbe: 3:01pm On Oct 09, 2016
Realman87:

Which united South. You must be Dreaming. the SS/SE will never work with SW. We will rather work with the North. In fact, Nigeria really belongs to the East+North.
When the colonialists were leaving, they balanced power by giving the President to Azikiwe; PM to Tafawa Balewa, Army GOC to Ironsi.
The SW were never in national politics, they were regional players and social critics. The balance of power was altered due to the coup and war. The East lost out and the SW took its place. This explains why the SW were very mad at Jonathan for resurrecting the East. They were hoping to retain the North+West balance of power; hence their 2015 betrayal of the South. Unfortunately and judging from History, Yorubas have never lasted at the centre. They cannot match the North, mind for mind. Only the Easterners can and the Northerners know this.

Thus, there will be no Southern alliance in 2019. The North will destroy the West as always and they will return to the East. The North+ East balance of power will be Restored PERMANENTLY and the SW will live in eternal regret. They have the media and mouth-power to continue their role as social critics.

Man you are a political genius, we will never ever join forces with those snakes. Their political advantage in Nigeria is over.
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by BraniacX(m): 3:04pm On Oct 09, 2016
Shym3xx:

The fact that one man was able to wrestle power from them by imposing a sick president against their wish. Thus giving GEJ a SSerner a leeway to ruling the country shows how he took them to school.

He might be scared of them (who wouldn't be with all the power they have?), but he got one on them with that semi-dead president. Without him, I doubt an Ijaw man would've ruled a country like that. A Southern minority - especially since he stole his tenure from the North.

True and had yar 'adua lived, he would have asseted himself as his own man not obj's pawn!
But that's besides the point! Southern unity is desired! Southern unity is needed
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by ogwumgbe: 3:08pm On Oct 09, 2016
Realman87:

Tell them. I am waiting here on nairaland to puncture any such plan. Useless people who sold their future and generations for crumbs. These yaribas are eternally doomed. I swear ...

Let them come and form the alliance, let me see. I am watching. Any day that Tinubu will step his foot in the East, he will be stoned
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by OAUTemitayo: 3:11pm On Oct 09, 2016
Shym3xx:

OBJ and MKO the two biggest Yoruba traitors ever. Even Fela Kuti never liked the both of them.

Even Egba kings were part of the Yoruba kings who betrayed their son, MKO. And the only king who wasn't a party to that nonsense was the Ijebu one.

And nah, the face of the struggles of Yoruba causes has always been Ijebus. Awolowo, then Abraham Adesanya.

I'm just telling you truth about loyalty. You lot need to stop this ugly show of shame and never ending betrayals. It's sickening and utterly shameful. Fix up, man. And I don't even like Tinubu.
You don't seem to understand what the Fulanis are doing. Egbas voted UPN if Awolowo against NPC of Abiola. Yet you called them Trairors because of the actions of one man
Egbas voted AG of Awolowo against the NPC yet you called them traitors .
Egbas voted AD of Adesanya against the PDP of Obasanjo an Egba man yet you called them traitors.
Egbas have always voted along the same pattern with Ujebus yet they are traitors.
Ohhhhh noooooooooooooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

Tompolo Boys Defy Buhari, Vows To Set Nigeria On Fire / The Hatred For Me Is Too Much, Desmond Elliot Cries Out / Seyi Tinubu Travels In Presidential Jet To Watch Polo Tournament In Kano.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.