Stats: 3,165,450 members, 7,861,300 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:10 AM

Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes (57921 Views)

Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari / Asiwaju Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes. / Nigeria Using UK Aid To Persecute PMB's Political Foes Rather To Fight Boko Hara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by nwadiuko1(m): 3:11pm On Oct 09, 2016
jollymizzle:

Lol u see yourself, I've been on this forum for a while and I try to avoid insulting people, it is not my thing as I hate unnecessary confrontations. But you are surprised because you think because I'm Yoruba I would automatically be bad mannered. What makes you think we don't think the same of you too. Why we didn't want it in 2015 wasn't because we hated the south. It was because the south was u fortunate to produce an ineffectual buffoon as president thereby robbing us collectively of huge development. You didn't ask why we supported him in 2010?and even before that. By the way the north still isn't as invincible as they look, they will still come to the south to look for votes in 2019,and latest by 2023 power will return to the south. We just need the south to be stronger politically . either in the sw/ss/se individually or together, but we all know which is better.
so the rest of the south should be grateful to the south west for helpinf to elect an "effectual buffon" abi?
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by ogwumgbe: 3:12pm On Oct 09, 2016
Realman87:

That is not my problem. I am waiting HERE to face any hediott who expects the SS/SE to unite with the SW. It will never happen. Even in 2019, people like me will be fully ready (with all scholarly, historic and IT tools) to guide our people to their destiny. Let the slaves remain slaves.

Oh boy you are a political viper, I am a political monster, if they cross your line, they will never cross mine. Well hold the midfield right let me hold the defense. The Afonjas must sink

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Kanyekels(m): 3:15pm On Oct 09, 2016
flokii:
Just look at comments from d same set of people calling out yorubas for teaming up with the North..

They will readily support the North if they get VP slot.. The same North that massacre them from time to time. It must really suck to be them honestly.. Tufia!

It's either you are a poor student of history or you are still too young to debate politics.
2003 and 2007, easterners and Anambra men precisely were running mates of PMB but we still voted against PMB because we knew he doesn't have what it takes to rule Nigeria. So what makes you think the table will turn around even if he chooses Peter Obi or our beloved NNAMDI KANU as his next running mate? That means you really don't know Igbos. Igbos are very intelligent and I really don't think that a United South can work with the kind of hate been displayed between Yorubas and Igbos. We had that opportunity in 2015 but we lost it.

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by biggy26: 3:18pm On Oct 09, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
The silent movement of a lion is not cowardice. Tinubu obviously has a plan B for his so called enemies. He has won several political battles and i trust him to come out victorious on this one. We will put an end to this born to rule caliphate in 2019 by aligning with our southern brothers. A united south can defeat the north any day. I trust Tinubu to come up with a contigent plan by 2019. GEJ dared him and today he is in otueke. Buhari should thread carefully

You were trying to make some sense until u mentioned Gej. It's amazing how u guys suddenly realized that we have a born to rule region in our midst, just cos one of ur own is going down. It was drummed in 2015, but u guys were drunk with d intoxication of power and greed. Lol, u have suddenly come to terms with d sourness of d grapes used to make d wine.
I really hope people truly learn, but if not, d result or repercussion of greed will be something they will have to live with.

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Shym3xx: 3:20pm On Oct 09, 2016
BraniacX:

True and had yar 'adua lived, he would have asseted himself as his own man not obj's pawn!
But that's besides the point! Southern unity is desired! Southern unity is needed

But OBJ imposed the man and based on the medical records I've read (which OBJ was most likely privy to before he imposed him on everyone), he only had a few years to live and wouldn't have run for a 2nd term, if he had survived due to health problems. So, you've to always give credit to the cunning OBJ who showing how subpar the Northerners are. You lot give them too much credit.

I believe that's the same blueprint/card Tinubu tried to play with Buhari, hence the North quickly positioned itself, to avoid the GEJ situation and if Buhari doesn't survive for a 2nd term - they'll go with the El Rufai and Fashola ticket in 2019.

Southern unity which is like a pipe dream, won't tilt the balance of power, even if it were to happen. The structure doesn't favour the South. The only way out is to cripple Nigeria economically and open new fronts on the Nigerian military that's already boggled down with BH in the NE. Once you take the money and military away from the North - they're very vulnerable. They're not even that smart and the Biafran war even showed that.
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by flokii: 3:23pm On Oct 09, 2016
Kanyekels:

It's either you are a poor student of history or you are still too young to debate politics.
2003 and 2007, easterners and Anambra men precisely were running mates of PMB but we still voted against PMB because we knew he doesn't have what it takes to rule Nigeria. So what makes you think the table will turn around even if he chooses Peter Obi or our beloved NNAMDI KANU as his next running mate? That means you really don't know Igbos. Igbos are very intelligent and I really don't think that a United South can work with the kind of hate been displayed between Yorubas and Igbos. We had that opportunity in 2015 but we lost it.

Hmmn! how soothing..

buh I still wonder where d SE hid themselves when Turai and d Northern elites were humiliating their "adopted son" GEJ then.. Only for them to come out later and claim loyality.

yorubas stopped taking you guys serious long ago.. ur pple dnt have d balls to stand up to d North
that's d bitter truth

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by ComrdDRS: 3:25pm On Oct 09, 2016
I m from MB, if SS/SE and SW join forces with MB north will lose out. Trust this combination.
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by ogwumgbe: 3:25pm On Oct 09, 2016
shigothang:

Good I luv mature mind like u and not kids who don't know politics. There's is nothing like betrayal or any form anybody wanna call it . That's why its called politics . If you note ,the west supported GEJ firts term but rejected him during his second bid. GEJ had a very huge youthful poppullation that loved him in the west but took them for granted and played a bit of ethnic politics and allowed his foes to took the base from him .When Yaradua died ,it was in the west that pple rose in defence of GEJ(Save Nigeria Group,OBJ and Dora)in the west .Where were his brothers then and nobody didn't see that as loyalty but when they
opposed his second bid it turned to betrayal from the west . Brother !even ,if the whole
south follows candiate A ,and the North follows candidate B ,the North will still win the election. The whole of the North is more than the south. Northwest has the highest numbers of voters follOwed by the southwest ,while the East and the Southsouth are the lowest .So therefore ,even if the whole south vots for a candidate without the support of an element from the North ,the candidate goes nowhere .Have you ever thought of where could get such support from. ? Its the middlebelt but I don't think they are ready to face
the challenge and the sacrifice cuz it will sure cost lives,though at a time in Nigeria's
politics ,the west one sojourn to the Northeast for political alliance ,Bornu precisely. But I don't think that's possible for now . So southern brothers and sisters should know we have a common cause anda struggle to face . I pray we break the wall of jericho "Insha Allauh" Amen .

Dreamer, dream on brother. SE/SS WILL NEVER EVER ALIGN WITH THE SW NO MATTER THE POLITICAL GAIN. WE WILL ONLY SUPPORT THE WEST ON ONE CONDITION, THAT THEY WILL BE THE CATALYST FOR THE DISINTEGRATION OF NIGERIA BY PICKING UP ARMS AGAINST THE NORTH AND FIGHT FOR AT LEAST 2 YEARS BEFORE WE STEP IN

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Shym3xx: 3:26pm On Oct 09, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
You don't seem to understand what the Fulanis are doing. Egbas voted UPN if Awolowo against NPC of Abiola. Yet you called them Trairors because of the actions of one man
Egbas voted AG of Awolowo against the NPC yet you called them traitors .
Egbas voted AD of Adesanya against the PDP of Obasanjo an Egba man yet you called them traitors.
Egbas have always voted along the same pattern with Ujebus yet they are traitors.
Ohhhhh noooooooooooooo

We're talking about elites here not the people on the street. Stop conflating two things.

When someone says certain people traitors - it's always the power structure of the group and that means the elites a la those who can manipulate things.

Get it now?

So, why're Egba leaders always treacherous? We know Ibadan/Oyo folks always go where there's an amala consciousness and the mentality of Ekiti/Ondo folks is somewhat different from mainstream Yorubas. However, I don't understand Egbas since they've always been part of Yorubas since forever.
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by 0jukwufrank: 3:27pm On Oct 09, 2016
Fineman87:

He might not go to jail. But he and osibanjo will be humiliated, even before 2018.

Your own hatred for others is just making you post nonsense all over the thread. I just hope you dont kill yourself soon cos of hatred. Gosh
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by 0jukwufrank: 3:29pm On Oct 09, 2016
ogwumgbe:

Man you are a political genius, we will never ever join forces with those snakes. Their political advantage in Nigeria is over.

You are irrelevant and from a minority tribe, you should be worried about dilector Kanu in his Kuje duplex.

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by OAUTemitayo: 3:43pm On Oct 09, 2016
Shym3xx:

We're talking about elites here not the people on the street. Stop conflating two things.

When someone says certain people traitors - it's always the power structure of the group and that means the elites a la those who can manipulate things.

Get it now?

So, why're Egba leaders always treacherous? We know Ibadan/Oyo folks always go where there's an amala consciousness and the mentality of Ekiti/Ondo folks is somewhat different from mainstream Yorubas. However, I don't understand Egbas since they've always been part of Yorubas since forever.

DS Adegbenro was not treacherous. He was the second in command to Awolowo. Segun Osoba was not treacherous.
You can't use some people to generalise us.
Didn't Ijebus fought against Ife and Ibadan in the Kiriji wars just like the Egbas, does that make them treacherous?
Fact was OBJ was an Hausa candidate.
Doyin Okupe an ijebu man was Jonathan's right hand man when every Yoruba group voted Buhari, does that make ijebus treacherous?
Hell no. Moreover, you are not on ground so you are only using paper knowledge.
Takes cover.

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by BakireBulmaker: 3:47pm On Oct 09, 2016
Buhari4dullard:

SELF DELUSION IS THE GREATEST DECEPTION

Even una VP is relegated to the background and you " win-win for we Yorubas".

This Afonja, we are laughing at the way you've been used and dumped.
Go hide ur self in shame.

You can't even get your own preferred candidate to via for election on Ondo grin

Please tell me the assignment the constitution assigned to the VP.

Yet, PMB has been magnanimous to have allowed him head the National Economic Council, chair the Federal Executive Council meeting severally and act as President on 2 occasions while he was away - unprecedented in the nation's history. So how has he been relegated?

Even then, you yeasterners are already coveting the VP position you are trying so hard to denigrate.

Why are you guys so pathetic

Everybody had a preferred candidate in Ondo state. Akeredolu is a bonafide Ondo man with his supporters...

So wth?

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Shym3xx: 3:55pm On Oct 09, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
DS Adegbenro was not treacherous. He was the second in command to Awolowo. Segun Osoba was not treacherous.
You can't use some people to generalise us.
Didn't Ijebus fought against Ife and Ibadan in the Kiriji wars just like the Egbas, does that make them treacherous?
Fact was OBJ was an Hausa candidate.
Doyin Okupe an ijebu man was Jonathan's right hand man when every Yoruba group voted Buhari, does that make ijebus treacherous?
Hell no. Moreover, you are not on ground so you are only using paper knowledge.
Takes cover.

Nah, Ijebu never fought against Ife during the Kiriji wars. Ijebus sent over 30,000 soldiers with the most sophisticated weapons (Yes, Ijebus has the most sophisticated weapons then due to access to the sea and trade) to protect Ife. But I think Ijebus later joined Egbas and the Ekiti parapo brigade to fight Ibadan.

Okupe has no power and the fact that he's part of the Afenifere group who supported GEJ who think Tinubu betrayed them and was feeling himself too much - that doesn't make him treacherous. That was already a divided house and people pitched their tents with either Afenifere or Tinubu. So, there's no treachery there.

Now, let's look at the man rallying the troops behind Tinubu to protect him from total annihilation, despite their differences. Who's he? Erm, his name is: Ayo Adebanjo. That looks like an Ijebu name. grin

Anyway, you still haven't answered my question. Egbas have always been part of mainstream Yoruba and you can even call Ibadan, their original ancestral home. So, why are the two biggest Judas Iscariots in Yoruba history, apart from, Afonja, from the same group?
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by ogwumgbe: 3:55pm On Oct 09, 2016
flokii:

are you minding those hate filled ones..

SW has VP, Finance minister, Fashola (very powerful portfolio) but they have nothing to show.. Even minorities have risen above them in National politics.

I dnt see the North forming ally with them again with d level of bias they displayed in 2015, only d deluded ones are here wishing. Too bad for them really

Oh boy stop crying, we will never associate with you politically in hundred years time, so your only option is continue serving the Fulani. We've already mapped out our survival strategy in Nigeria ok. We've not been gaining anything from NIGERIA, instead Nigeria had been gaining a lot from us, I pity you lazy maggots that can't survive without the help of Nigeria

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by caracas: 4:04pm On Oct 09, 2016
fulanimafia:
Tinubu will take over South East politics come 2019 at this rate, to fill the vacuum of a political leader for the region.

Rochas & Obiano watch out.

***Modified***

For those expressing puzzlement at my statement; it's simple.

As the East lacks a central political figure, Tinubu will have to take that place in order for the region to regain political relevance in 2019 and that possibility is getting stronger with the current permutations of a southern political bloc...except of course a heavy realignment occurs and the East takes Osibanjo's position in readiness for a 2023 eastern presidency.

The plot thickens.

Thrash ,my east/ ss will never align with tinubu .
He n his afonja betrayals will suffer for What they did to the rest of the south .
We will rather align with our known enemy n work out a suiting Formular to benefit both sides than have anything to do with Tinubu n his ppl that will eventually betray us.

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 09, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
The silent movement of a lion is not cowardice. Tinubu obviously has a plan B for his so called enemies. He has won several political battles and i trust him to come out victorious on this one. We will put an end to this born to rule caliphate in 2019 by aligning with our southern brothers. A united south can defeat the north any day. I trust Tinubu to come up with a contigent plan by 2019. GEJ dared him and today he is in otueke. Buhari should thread carefully
Yorubas will always be yorubas

So you guys are southerners and have southern brothers. Trust a Yoruba at ur peril

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 09, 2016
For me, life has taught me how to turn bad to good. I always look at things from the other angle.

Now we just have to be smart.

It's simple.

If I want buhari do anything or approve anything for me. I will present him with just two Options and tell him that Tinubu suggested or likes one of them.

Outrightly I will get the other

But come ooo

Will Yorubas ever learn?

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by tola268: 4:12pm On Oct 09, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
This is not the matter of Tinubu nor Yoruba elders nor Afenifere nor North nor Oyegun nor Buari, its a matter of God intervention. God is ready to pass through Nigeria to safe masses
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 09, 2016
[okg .

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by OAUTemitayo: 4:21pm On Oct 09, 2016
Shym3xx:

Nah, Ijebu never fought against Ife during the Kiriji wars. Ijebus sent over 30,000 soldiers with the most sophisticated weapons (Yes, Ijebus has the most sophisticated weapons then due to access to the sea and trade) to protect Ife. But I think Ijebus later joined Egbas and the Ekiti parapo brigade to fight Ibadan.

Okupe has no power and the fact that he's part of the Afenifere group who supported GEJ who think Tinubu betrayed them and was feeling himself too much - that doesn't make him treacherous. That was already a divided house and people pitched their tents with either Afenifere or Tinubu. So, there's no treachery there.

Now, let's look at the man rallying the troops behind Tinubu to protect him from total annihilation, despite their differences. Who's he? Erm, his name is: Ayo Adebanjo. That looks like an Ijebu name. grin

Anyway, you still haven't answered my question. Egbas have always been part of mainstream Yoruba and you can even call Ibadan, their original ancestral home. So, why are the two biggest Judas Iscariots in Yoruba history, apart from, Afonja, from the same group?
What am I even talking about, Awujale said Ijebus are not Yorubas so your mouth no reach here lol
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by tawababiola: 4:30pm On Oct 09, 2016
Realman87:

Which united South. You must be Dreaming. the SS/SE will never work with SW. We will rather work with the North. In fact, Nigeria really belongs to the East+North.
When the colonialists were leaving, they balanced power by giving the President to Azikiwe; PM to Tafawa Balewa, Army GOC to Ironsi.
The SW were never in national politics, they were regional players and social critics. The balance of power was altered due to the coup and war. The East lost out and the SW took its place. This explains why the SW were very mad at Jonathan for resurrecting the East. They were hoping to retain the North+West balance of power; hence their 2015 betrayal of the South. Unfortunately and judging from History, Yorubas have never lasted at the centre. They cannot match the North, mind for mind. Only the Easterners can and the Northerners know this.

Thus, there will be no Southern alliance in 2019. The North will destroy the West as always and they will return to the East. The North+ East balance of power will be Restored PERMANENTLY and the SW will live in eternal regret. They have the media and mouth-power to continue their role as social critics.
I do not see sense in u. U reason wit ur anus

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by chronique(m): 4:45pm On Oct 09, 2016
Which southern brothers? You yoruba traitors should stay in your lane abeg;the south-side aint interested...lol. Fight your Buhari alone.
patriotic9jaboy:

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Shym3xx: 5:00pm On Oct 09, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
What am I even talking about, Awujale said Ijebus are not Yorubas so your mouth no reach here lol

Lol, is that your come back, after you got emotional about a post that didn't single out Egbas? Well, technically, the Awujale is right cos Yoruba is a new word. Prior to that all the groups had different identities. So, in that context, Egbas also aren't Yoruba - ditto all the other groups. We can even break it down further that Egbas are refugees from Oyo and those claiming Ibadan today have a fraudulent identity since the original Ibadan was occupied by Egbas and some Ijebus. But one thing you can't call Ijebus is refugees cos they have always occupied where they're today. And Ijebus were there with Oyo (not under subjugation/vassal like the rest but side by side as brothers) and have always been the closest Yoruba subgroup to Ife. wink

Let's focus on my post. I've nothing against Egbas and I believe if anyone has a right to critique Egbas, I'm in a position to do it. My mum is half-Egba and she was raised mostly by her Egba mum cos her fam's a polygamus one. And my mum's mum is my closest nan. And all my closest aunts are Egbas...so, I've got a pass. You can feel slighted from now till eternity but that won't change my opinion grin

Now back to the post that got you emotional: I just don't want to see a case whereby folks are going to end up betraying one another again, after this incident might be a rallying cry as a blessing in disguise for Yoruba unity. And perhaps something that will propel a lot of covert moves across the South on how to restructure Nigeria cos the North will never allow it to happen - and the country is always going to be a shiithole without it.

One thing I know when it comes to loyalty to Yoruba cause is that: you can always count on Ijebus to stay loyal and make their word their bond. Even when the new Ooni of Ife visited the US recently, those who made his visit a memorable one with the celebration of Yoruba culture everywhere were mostly Ijebu folks. And the Ooni of Ife was very vocal about it, while thanking all the Ijebu sons and daughters. That's Ijebu for you...they wear the badge of honour with pride. Osun folks are the quintessential Yoruba folks to me and they'll never betray a Yoruba cause. Hence they're the spiritual home of Yorubas. And when it comes to the proper Lagos ones, once they're behind you, they're solidly behind you.

However, I don't know about Egbas cos the two most prominent Egbas played that Judas game perfectly. And OBJ is still running around treacherous and cunning as ever. I just hope you lot won't mess up this time. Ibadan/Oyo folks always go where the amala swings to, hence they have the worst Yoruba elites running around. Hopefully, they will swing the biggest amala around their way and get them on board. Ekiti/Ondo folks are somewhat their own people but if they can get them on board, that will complete the total SW integration, without fears of fifth columnists.

Stop being emotional, my Egba brother. It's all love. grin

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Olu317(m): 5:16pm On Oct 09, 2016
I quite agree with you when it comes to issue of ijebu and loyalty to Yoruba cause. But the Egbas in the past had been a problem to Yoruba people on a way that even my dad told me not to marry anyone from Egba in the past. This one information got me worked up in the early 90s when I was dating an Egba girl. I lost the relationship due to my father's view because he saw Egba as a betrayal to Yoruba cause. However in the recent past, I strongly believe we don't see them like that anymore because how can we have a brother who wouldnt care about his brother's need and feelings. Thank God we are all a repented Yoruba Race. God bless Yoruba Race

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Horbar1: 5:19pm On Oct 09, 2016
So APC knew that their so called anti-corruption is only to witch-hunt their perceived enemies, what a shameless party.
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by ycat: 5:46pm On Oct 09, 2016
@ ziddy, dragonking3 & All
Always waiting to mock Yoruba is a sign that you ibos really have nothing else going for you except what Yoruba is doing. What is the most important to you is watching us. Yoruba have completely taken over your minds and souls, it's really sad when you are not dead and supposed to be one of the major tribes. You will never see Yoruba blaming any tribe for their own predicaments.
You ibos are not only dumb but wear your idiosy like a badge of honor. You have all been frothing in the mouth for nothing. Smart Yoruba know you ibos are worse than Hausa&fulani who are playing brutal politics to hold on to power. But you ibos just hate Yoruba and will continue to hate us till the end of time, and like Yoruba say, enmity borne out of envy doesn't end, wishing Tinubu death and prison for no good reason, why don't you go and kidnap him so we can blame Buhari for it? You want Nigeria to go to hell but too dumb to know that you are still in Nigeria and probably need Nigeria more than any other tribe. You ibos will gladly enter a furnace because of Yoruba. You just don't know it, hatred won't let you grow unless in propaganda. This is politics and Yoruba played winning some and losing some, so you can celebrate till whenever yours is coming as it has always been paying back in many more folds. Instead for you to think of how you are going to survive your own seeing how your better (Yoruba) is having difficulty navigating the political water, you are here celebrating your heads off your necks, you political toddlers that are incompetent of washing your own ass. May Sango strikes any Yoruba looking for alliance with you slobbering political deadweight. You ibos will be forever stuck in your hate filled world. The reality of the world is, no one wins all the time. This a just a bump on the road for Tinubu, and as the master of the game, he will dust the dirt and keep going knowing he did what was best for the country at the time, wrestling Nigeria from a train wreck of Gej. This is a little price to pay if this will.lead to Yoruba coming together to make our.land and people first.

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Shym3xx: 5:47pm On Oct 09, 2016
Olu317:
I quite agree with you when it comes to issue of ijebu and loyalty to Yoruba cause. But the Egbas in the past had been a problem to Yoruba people on a way that even my dad told me not to marry anyone from Egba in the past. This one information got me worked up in the early 90s when I was dating an Egba girl. I lost the relationship due to my father's view because he saw Egba as a betrayal to Yoruba cause. However in the recent past, I strongly believe we don't see them like that anymore because how can we have a brother who wouldnt care about his brother's need and feelings. Thank God we are all a repented Yoruba Race. God bless Yoruba Race

Lol.

[img]http://www.thecoli.com/attachments/cjokv1n-gif.5038/?lightbox=1[/img]

Err, folks shouldn't let other people dictate whoever they should marry to them. People are individuals.

Egba folks in general are decent people, they just have the two biggest Judas Iscariots in history, since Afonja. Ibadan/Oyo definitely have more of that type of treacherous Yorubas, but they never really effed up plans the way the Egba Judas Iscariots did.

Regardless, despite the stain against Egba by those treacherous folks - we should always remember Egbas and activism. They're a brave people. Fela Kuti the legend was an Egba man. And one of my favourite Yoruba legend, an unsung hero, and the father of activism during the colonial era, Ladipo Solanke, was an Egba man. Ditto all those Egba missionaries of yore. Ladipo Solanke fathered Kwame Nkrumah. Great man.

Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by Tstone1(m): 7:49pm On Oct 09, 2016
Fineman87:

He might not go to jail. But he and osi
banjo will be humiliated, even before 2018.
Impossibility of the highest order. What do you people think of Tinubu/SW sef? Obasanjo the only rugged and tough president Nigeria ever had couldn't suppress Tinubu...you had better go back to your history classes. Osinbajo has has nothing to lose!
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by ladiguy(m): 9:01pm On Oct 09, 2016
smashad:
pls be specific abt yakasai's article I wld love to read it

He said a lot . Search yakasai on yoruba via google.
Ok.
Re: Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes by DanielPop(m): 9:05pm On Oct 09, 2016
Tinubu is cornered. Within the SW, he has enemies that are waiting for the right time to do him in. Afterall, which Yoruba interest? Did Tinubu consider Yoruba interest when he was insulting Afenifere et al? Tinubu is fighting for his selfish interest and we all know it. That's why Fashola and others sold him out. That's why Afenifere and others will bid their time and strike Tinubu at the right time. Tinubu's interest should NEVER be interpreted as Yoruba interest! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Visits Owerri As Commercial & Vehicular Activities Come To A Halt / "Excited Because Atiku Is Coming": Dino Melaye Poses In New Photo / Adeyanju Who Once Called Buhari 'Brain Dead' Meets His Wife & Son & Takes Pic

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102