Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,734 members, 7,955,787 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:09 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (931054 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (1180) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 10:02pm On Jun 08, 2019
elyte89:

I would b extremely surprise if we make it out of d group lipsrsealed

Chief take out your heart and patriotism, look at the 2nd half, also note that this backline of Norway is the same backline of Chelsea which also gave Lyon serious problems. It is arguably the best backline in the world, not sure which is better Lyons or the 2 CBs playing for Norway.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Dedetwo(m): 10:19pm On Jun 08, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

It doesn't have to be luck. We have the quality to hurt them.

This is laughable.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:25pm On Jun 08, 2019
Dedetwo:

This is laughable.

If you had said this before the match it would mean something. All u are doing now is trolling.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:26pm On Jun 08, 2019
ykalhaji:

Chief take out your heart and patriotism, look at the 2nd half, also note that this backline of Norway is the same backline of Chelsea which also gave Lyon serious problems. It is arguably the best backline in the world, not sure which is better Lyons or the 2 CBs playing for Norway.

We had more chances but they were just more clinical.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Dedetwo(m): 10:28pm On Jun 08, 2019
ykalhaji:
Norway Actually have an extremely solid defense and our team seems to not be comfortable playing together, like they don't know if they should track back or move forward after a pass or even whether to pass after a good break.

The Norwegians are better in the act of stream of thought than Nigerians. In addition, Norwegian coach selected the best among available players unlike his Nigerian counterpart.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Dedetwo(m): 10:31pm On Jun 08, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

If you had said this before the match it would mean something. All u are doing now is trolling.

Bros I had always said that the major problem of Nigeria is stream of thought or lack thereof. In addition, the selection process is flawed and certain players have overstayed their welcome in the falcons.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 10:51pm On Jun 08, 2019
Dedetwo:

Bros I had always said that the major problem of Nigeria is stream of thought or lack thereof. In addition, the selection process is flawed and certain players have overstayed their welcome in the falcons.
You might be right. Okeke performed wonders when she came on. She's not as established as Faith Ikidi, but she did better for the team. I think a much younger defender could replace Onome as well.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 11:36pm On Jun 08, 2019
olapluto:

You might be right. Okeke performed wonders when she came on. She's not as established as Faith Ikidi, but she did better for the team. I think a much younger defender could replace Onome as well.

Onome started playing better after Okeke came in.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:42pm On Jun 08, 2019
We have just wasted another world cup. We all saw this coming but we wouldn't admit it. I honestly want to curse the day Thomas Dennerby was given the job but I don't want to insult anybody's birthday. Rivers Angels won't lose 3-0 to Norway because Okon is a better coach than that fraud named Dennerby will ever be. The clown needs to be sacked so we can move on.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 11:53pm On Jun 08, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
We have just wasted another world cup. We all saw this coming but we wouldn't admit it. I honestly want to curse the day Thomas Dennerby was given the job but I don't want to insult anybody's birthday. Rivers Angels won't lose 3-0 to Norway because Okon is a better coach than that fraud named Dennerby will ever be. The clown needs to be sacked so we can move on.
Oh common man! Norway will wallop Rivers angel. This is not much the coach's fault as it is the players. I just listened to the post match interview, and he said he specifically trained the team about Norway's short corners yesterday and they've been working on it for a long time. We have to admit we have unintelligent players. He said he instructed them to have 2 players out when they take short corners, but one of the players forgot. You cannot coach that into someone's blood. Anyone following us would have predicted that first goal because we simply suck at set pieces. The moment they had that corner, I said 1-0, because I know the type of players we have. Even super eagles cannot defend set pieces.

It is really unfair to blame Dennerby. His game is centred around organisation and if you have thick skulls, you cannot organise. Any Nigerian coach would have lost like 6-1 today because we will be pushing for goals while exposing the back. Also, Dennerby has influenced foreign moves for a lot of our players. The next match will be much better and even if we leave the world cup early, I hope Dennerby stays to really work on the team....provided NFF dont bin them .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:28am On Jun 09, 2019
olapluto:

Oh common man! Norway will wallop Rivers angel. This is not much the coach's fault as it is the players. I just listened to the post match interview, and he said he specifically trained the team about Norway's short corners yesterday and they've been working on it for a long time. We have to admit we have unintelligent players. He said he instructed them to have 2 players out when they take short corners, but one of the players forgot. You cannot coach that into someone's blood. Anyone following us would have predicted that first goal because we simply suck at set pieces. The moment they had that corner, I said 1-0, because I know the type of players we have. Even super eagles cannot defend set pieces.

It is really unfair to blame Dennerby. His game is centred around organisation and if you have thick skulls, you cannot organise. Any Nigerian coach would have lost like 6-1 today because we will be pushing for goals while exposing the back. Also, Dennerby has influenced foreign moves for a lot of our players. The next match will be much better and even if we leave the world cup early, I hope Dennerby stays to really work on the team....provided NFF dont bin them .

He had one job as a foreign coach, work on set pieces. He must not have been working on it enough if a player is going to forget in a world cup match. I don't care about the background story, the coach is at fault. Are you telling me that all 11 players forgot? Then why wasn't he shouting to them? Seems he also forgot.

This match was lost when the lineup came out. What was the use of WAFU if the coach was going to ignore everything we learned? Players that should have been starters were ignored for players who have not shown anything as of late. Even disregarded the 3-5-2 for a nonsense 4-4-2.

Rivers Angels will not lose by up to 3 goals to Norway. More of their players should be starters on this team. Nwabuoku, Nku, Egebe, Wogu and Nnadozie can all walk into this team all being equal. Also Okon is a better coach and he knows Nigerian female footballers better than Dennerby. He gets them to play at the best of their abilities and he is not scared to sub anybody.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Neimar: 4:10am On Jun 09, 2019
I have been crushing on ordega since her u-17 days
she should just retire
NAIJA women team is useless

I said it b4
They 're going to share their Totos b4 coming back
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Banmeallday: 5:56am On Jun 09, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

He had one job as a foreign coach, work on set pieces. He must not have been working on it enough if a player is going to forget in a world cup match. I don't care about the background story, the coach is at fault. Are you telling me that all 11 players forgot? Then why wasn't he shouting to them? Seems he also forgot.

This match was lost when the lineup came out. What was the use of WAFU if the coach was going to ignore everything we learned? Players that should have been starters were ignored for players who have not shown anything as of late. Even disregarded the 3-5-2 for a nonsense 4-4-2.

Rivers Angels will not lose by up to 3 goals to Norway. More of their players should be starters on this team. Nwabuoku, Nku, Egebe, Wogu and Nnadozie can all walk into this team all being equal. Also Okon is a better coach and he knows Nigerian female footballers better than Dennerby. He gets them to play at the best of their abilities and he is not scared to sub anybody.

How many Europeans are hiring AFrican coaches..or even the Asian teams?

It is a waste and psychologically tell the world that the Nigger in the British given name Nigeria is alive and well

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 8:50am On Jun 09, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Chief, I know you are a fan of having Nigerian coaches so, I already know your bias based on patriotism, which I applaud by the way, now to the koko, the set piece goal hit the girls quickly but the wall and the goal keeper recovered fast enough, it was the defender deflecting the ball with her hand that caused the miss direction and then the goal, if it wasn't deflected the wall or the Keeper would have got to it.

The Coach played experience today which is what 98%of coaches will do and he really hasn't drilled our old players as much as the newer younger players, so Iwill say judge the coach after the South Korea match because I think that is when he will actually play his own squad. Till then bro, except for the 2nd goal, Norway did not beat us, our jittery defenders were the ones that made silly mistakes to loose the game.

I expect the team I watched in the 2nd half to best S.Korea next week.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 8:53am On Jun 09, 2019
ykalhaji:

Chief, I know you are a fan of having Nigerian coaches so, I already know your bias based on patriotism, which I applaud by the way, now to the koko, the set piece goal hit the girls quickly but the wall and the goal keeper recovered fast enough, it was the defender deflecting the ball with her hand that caused the miss direction and then the goal, if it wasn't deflected the wall or the Keeper would have got to it.

The Coach played experience today which is what 98%of coaches will do and he really hasn't drilled our old players as much as the newer younger players, so Iwill say judge the coach after the South Korea match because I think that is when he will actually play his own squad. Till then bro, except for the 2nd goal, Norway did not beat us, our jittery defenders were the ones that made silly mistakes to loose the game.

But do you sincerely think this team can also beat or play out a draw with France?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:31pm On Jun 09, 2019
Banmeallday:

It is a waste and psychologically tell the world that the Nigger in the British given name Nigeria is alive and well

Because they spend millions in training their own coaches that's a simple answer na.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:52pm On Jun 09, 2019
ykalhaji:

I am not a fan of all Nigerian coaches. There are a few that I like and a lot who are trash like the one that handled the last U20.

Oluehi should have not been in goal. Nnadozie saves the first 2 goals I am sure of it. There is no way that Oluehi was better in training with the way I saw her moving yesterday. The man is doing selection based on bias. These players are not the best players. Faith Michael is not better than Egebe and why bring a winger in Uchendu to play the midfield when u have Nwakuoku and Okoronkwo on the bench?

Don't let the defenders mistakes take u away from the fact that our midfield was a disgrace yesterday. I have complained of the midfield so much I dey lose weight. Midfielders should be able to pass the ball or at least deliver long balls. These girls did nothing but give the ball away and it starts with playing Ayinde at a position that she has never played well in. Chikwelu was our best midfielder and that should tell u a lot about how poor Okobi and Ayinde were.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 2:05pm On Jun 09, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

I am not a fan of all Nigerian coaches. There are a few that I like and a lot who are trash like the one that handled the last U20.

Oluehi should have not been in goal. Nnadozie saves the first 2 goals I am sure of it. There is no way that Oluehi was better in training with the way I saw her moving yesterday. The man is doing selection based on bias. These players are not the best players. Faith Michael is not better than Egebe and why bring a winger in Uchendu to play the midfield when u have Nwakuoku and Okoronkwo on the bench?

Don't let the defenders mistakes take u away from the fact that our midfield was a disgrace yesterday. I have complained of the midfield so much I dey lose weight. Midfielders should be able to pass the ball or at least deliver long balls. These girls did nothing but give the ball away and it starts with playing Ayinde at a position that she has never played well in. Chikwelu was our best midfielder and that should tell u a lot about how poor Okobi and Ayinde were.
You are right about the goalie. I think Dennerby is being too cautious in his choices. Uchendu was the worst of the substitutes yesterday, and I wont put it past the Nigerian assistant coach for her inclusion...

Moving forward, it is obvious the team needs fresh ideas, and there are plenty positives. The team played well when defensive balance improved. We all saw how Okeke made brilliant defensive interceptions and advanced our play. I think we are still on course for qualification, as hard as it looks. We will beat the Koreans, and I seriously believe if the team takes the pain of defeat well, we will get results against France.
Our general play was GOOD. The mistakes cost us the game.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 2:10pm On Jun 09, 2019
As for those now coming out to call for Nigerian coaches, I think it is misquided at this point. We do not need a Nigerian coach which NFF will look down on. With Nigerian coach, we couldnt get a friendly against Benin republic if we tried. The girls went a whole year without kicking the ball in 2017.

Dennerby will steady the ship at least for next few years before we hand over to a Nigerian. Right now, our football is in a mess and we have to admit it. Football is not about entertaining football once in a while. It is about having a structure of good succession. Dennerby is doing that, and it will not be good to throw it away so soon.
Okeke is 18 years. She will most likely play the next 2 games as a starter. Ajibade, Imo are other future players on bench. Onome should please retire after this world cup to allow others take her place. Same as Chikwelu, Nwabuoku and others. We are in transition and need a calm head in charge.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:21pm On Jun 09, 2019
olapluto:
As for those now coming out to call for Nigerian coaches, I think it is misquided at this point. We do not need a Nigerian coach which NFF will look down on. With Nigerian coach, we couldnt get a friendly against Benin republic if we tried. The girls went a whole year without kicking the ball in 2017.

Dennerby will steady the ship at least for next few years before we hand over to a Nigerian. Right now, our football is in a mess and we have to admit it. Football is not about entertaining football once in a while. It is about having a structure of good succession. Dennerby is doing that, and it will not be good to throw it away so soon.
Okeke is 18 years. She will most likely play the next 2 games as a starter. Ajibade, Imo are other future players on bench. Onome should please retire after this world cup to allow others take her place. Same as Chikwelu, Nwabuoku and others. We are in transition and need a calm head in charge.

Forget all that talk this team sucks and will continue sucking under Dennerby. I don't want that clown called Dennerby it honestly doesn't have much to do with him being foreign we just are very poor.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 4:36pm On Jun 09, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Boss, I concur with your last paragraph. But for goal keeping Oluehi was the safe choice, she has been working with the defence way longer than Nnadozie, now that the older players haven't performed to expectations they can't mess up the atmosphere in the camp if he starts the younger ones. Remember he already took away their leadership and gave it to Desire and Oshoala. A coach has to have technical expertise and management abilities. Just my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 4:37pm On Jun 09, 2019
if the girl can beat Korea ,I think they will try and play their best against France. I always try to be optimistic and at the same time lower my expectations. I wish the girls well sha. They should reduce their slaying issh and concentrate on football.
BTW I hope u all can see why I prefer Kanu over desire? Oshoala just love to disappoint at the biggest stage ehn...it is well o
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:47pm On Jun 09, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Talking about Faith Ikidi Michael not better than Ogebe ...do they play in the same position??
ikidi was doing fine but Tochukwu Oluehi miscalculation let to ikidi injury, she was hit twice by our Goalie who was just rushing anyhow.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 5:06pm On Jun 09, 2019
Schemerkhiz:

Talking about Faith Ikidi Michael not better than Ogebe ...do they play in the same position??
ikidi was doing fine but Tochukwu Oluehi miscalculation let to ikidi injury, she was hit twice by our Goalie who was just rushing anyhow.

Tochukwu was not in the game at all. She was just happy to be in France. We will do much better against Korea. Every single one of those players looked disappointed.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 5:25pm On Jun 09, 2019
Kanu must start next match. Desire is not mobile and Oshoala sabi fumble.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:57pm On Jun 09, 2019
Schemerkhiz:

Yes they do. Ogebe was a revelation at the right back spot during WAFU. She had like 10 assists. Ikidi and Ebere offer absolutely nothing going forward. At least Ebere takes set pieces but Ikidi is useless. We saw this during the AWCON before she got injured

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:04pm On Jun 09, 2019
ykalhaji:

Boss, I concur with your last paragraph. But for goal keeping Oluehi was the safe choice, she has been working with the defence way longer than Nnadozie, now that the older players haven't performed to expectations they can't mess up the atmosphere in the camp if he starts the younger ones. Remember he already took away their leadership and gave it to Desire and Oshoala. A coach has to have technical expertise and management abilities. Just my opinion.

I am not with senior and junior player talk. I just want the best team and this isn't it. This man is destroying the super falcons and I don't see any light ahead of the tunnel but God knows I hope I'm wrong
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:50pm On Jun 09, 2019
Btw Francisca Ordega was sensational last night a pure joy to behold

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Dedetwo(m): 10:00pm On Jun 09, 2019
Banmeallday:

You could not be more correct. It tells on the inability of Africans to think constructively.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Dedetwo(m): 10:07pm On Jun 09, 2019
PDPGuy:

But do you sincerely think this team can also beat or play out a draw with France?

Nope!! If care is not taken, even South Korea could be laughing to the bank. There is a very good chance this team will not make it out of the group stage. After all, Ajibade is a member of the team. The inclusion of Ajibade is a sure sign the team is good to bailout at group stage.

Besides this team needed, at least, two or four young players in the middle and defense. Chidinma Okeke is a brilliant addition. Ugiochi Emenayo or Gloria Ogbonna could have been fresh air in the defense while Peace Efih, Charity Ucheibe, Florence Ijamilusi, Tessy Biahwo and/or Grace Igboamalu in the middle.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by deltateam: 11:29pm On Jun 09, 2019
mostob:
Kanu must start next match. Desire is not mobile and Oshoala sabi fumble.

Can you people criticize without mentioning my girl, Oshoala? Can't you people see her form at her club? Its because of the team work and understanding they have there.

A tree cannot make a forest. Don't expect her to keep the ball, defend, supply passes and attack as well when there's poor backup.

The problem is management problem. The change in their leadership may have contributed to this. You know girls can beef themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 7:35am On Jun 10, 2019
deltateam:

Can you people criticize without mentioning my girl, Oshoala? Can't you people see her form at her club? Its because of the team work and understanding they have there.

A tree cannot make a forest. Don't expect her to keep the ball, defend, supply passes and attack as well when there's poor backup.

The problem is management problem. The change in their leadership may have contributed to this. You know girls can beef themselves.
what about the chance she missed? well,I hope she perform better next match. And how about we bring in Ajibade for Okobi? she has eyes for that killer passes. Alice Ogebe too should come in at WB

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (1180) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.