Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,861 members, 7,956,245 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:27 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (931685 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (1180) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:56am On Jun 10, 2019
4. Fearless Franny gives Super Falcons some hope
Nigeria were devastated by a Norway side that seemed to have all the answers on how to beat them, but they should still have hope for the rest of the tournament. For one, they play South Korea next and could end up facing France when the hosts have already qualified.

For two, they have Franny Ordega. The 25-year-old winger who is an absolute sensation (and not just because she has super cool hair). Ordega is one of those players who, when they get the ball, you can literally hear the crowd get more excited. The sound of fans standing up, of eyes widening, throats roaring. They know they their team has a chance now, because of her.

image: https://media.squawka.com/images/en/2019/06/08223104/franny-ordega-nigeria-2019.jpg

Ordega roared past whatever player Norway put in front of her and was a constant outlet for the side. In the early going this looked like it was going to win Nigeria the game but then Norway’s excellent press cut off her service. She still shone though, in those brief moments where she gets the ball. Ordega (and Asisat Oshoala) has so much talent that you cannot help but feel that Nigeria still have a chance.

Read more at https://www.squawka.com/en/features/norway-3-0-nigeria-world-cup-match-analysis-caroline-graham-hansen#dLkx1JgDK70GOWys.99
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:27pm On Jun 10, 2019
2019 FIFA WWC: Worry For Nigeria As Michael Sits Out Training With Knee Injury
Published: June 10, 2019
Nigeria manager Thomas Dennerby is sweating over the fitness of Pitea IF defender Faith Michael ahead of the national team's second Group A match against South Korea at the ongoing FIFA Women's World Cup,
allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
Against Norway, Michael was stretchered off the pitch in the 53rd minute after colliding with Super Falcons goalkeeper Tochukwu Oluehi as she attempted to clear the ball.
She headed straight to the hospital to undergo a MRI scan on Saturday and the injury sustained is not as bad as first feared as she traveled with the rest of the squad to Grenoble yesterday.
Though Michael is in high spirits, her participation in the next game against South Korea is in doubt because she was unable to train normally with her teammates on Monday morning.
One of the most experienced players in the Super Falcons squad, the 32-year-old was involved in a light session.
Chidinma Okeke subbed in for the injured Michael against Norway and she could be a replacement for the Swedish-based star if she fails to recover in time before the match vs South Korea.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 5:33pm On Jun 10, 2019
olapluto:

Tochukwu was not in the game at all. She was just happy to be in France. We will do much better against Korea. Every single one of those players looked disappointed.

I have to push back on this Tochukwu was not in the game talk, all the 3 goals were the fault of the defense, our defence was extremely horrible in the 1st half, the midfield was non existent until the 2nd half when Oshoala fell back and started working from the midfield. The whole team except for franny, Oshoala, Kanu, okeke and the keeper should not have guaranteed starter positions in the next games. Their experience is non meaningful.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:36pm On Jun 10, 2019
Cameroon will carry Africa today. Their coach is better than Dennerby too.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Dedetwo(m): 7:18pm On Jun 10, 2019
ykalhaji:

Onome started playing better after Okeke came in.

Of course, the young lady was doing all the running and tackling while Onome Ebi was gathering the loose balls.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Dedetwo(m): 7:26pm On Jun 10, 2019
ykalhaji:

I have to push back on this Tochukwu was not in the game talk, all the 3 goals were the fault of the defense, our defence was extremely horrible in the 1st half, the midfield was non existent until the 2nd half when Oshoala fell back and started working from the midfield. The whole team except for franny, Oshoala, Kanu, okeke and the keeper should not have guaranteed starter positions in the next games. Their experience is non meaningful.

The two center backs (Ebi and Ikidi) were tree stumps in the first half. A glimpse of life came upon the defense when Okeke was injected into the defensive line.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 7:35pm On Jun 10, 2019
Okobi and Oparanozie have seriously regressed; Okobi keeps losing the ball carelessly, she's too weak- this, I've noticed over time, Oparanozie is too slow, she's a shadow of herself. They should never start again.
Ayinde kept playing unintelligently, maybe she isn't familiar with that position. Chikwelu, who is too slow and clumsy, played better later in the game. She was the best midfielder, she should however retire after the WC.

The defenders, despite all their experience playing regularly in top leagues, played like amateurs, the coach must have trusted their experience to start them. Young Okeke came in and bested them, she should start next match. The defenders should retire immediately after WC, they're a liability to the team.

The team totally lacked cohesion, no connection BTW midfield and attack, no one could cross the ball, poor throws, all corners wasted, yet each time the Norwegians took set pieces, we were panicking. Ordega, our best player, should work on her final delivery.... I see some people complaining about her beautiful hair; she was far better than all those players without long hair.

Unless they improve greatly, they might not go further than group stage.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:00pm On Jun 10, 2019
Cameroon playing with 3 at the back. A coach with common sense.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:09pm On Jun 10, 2019
Clear pen overlooked by the ref
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 8:30pm On Jun 10, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
Clear pen overlooked by the ref
Very annoying how same penalty decision was made on Saturday against South Africa.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 8:46pm On Jun 10, 2019
Just like Nigeria, Cameroon concede first goal from a set piece.
They take set pieces swear for African teams male and female. Cameroon was on top up till now, now they have an uphill task.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:51pm On Jun 10, 2019
olapluto:

Very annoying how same penalty decision was made on Saturday against South Africa.

Exactly. Women's football is just plain racist. More racist than the male game can even imagine. If these teams are so good let them beat African teams fairly.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:53pm On Jun 10, 2019
olapluto:
Just like Nigeria, Cameroon concede first goal from a set piece.
They take set pieces swear for African teams male and female. Cameroon was on top up till now, now they have an uphill task.

The goalkeeper was impeded by a Canadian player and there wasn't even a VAR check.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 8:59pm On Jun 10, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

The goalkeeper was impeded by a Canadian player and there wasn't even a VAR check.
Bro forget VAR for any African team. Women football is really racist and they arent ashamed of it. I feel angry that these African teams just never complain.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:53pm On Jun 11, 2019
what time is SF playing tomorrow
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 9:59pm On Jun 11, 2019
mostob:
what time is SF playing tomorrow
2pm Naija time
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 10:05pm On Jun 11, 2019
PDPGuy:
2pm Naija time
OK.. thanks. I hope we win ...I can't go another day with foul mood.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 10:05pm On Jun 11, 2019
PDPGuy:
2pm Naija time
OK.. thanks. I hope we win ...I can't go another day with foul mood.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 11:02am On Jun 12, 2019
Today we go again. If we win, with 3 or more goals, then we are almost guaranteed to qualify for next stage. If we lose, we are out.

Whichever way it goes, I still support this team. If we crash out, the team should be handed to Dedevbo.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 12:16pm On Jun 12, 2019
that's is the best coach for the falcons
olapluto:
Today we go again. If we win, with 3 or more goals, then we are almost guaranteed to qualify for next stage. If we lose, we are out.

Whichever way it goes, I still support this team. If we crash out, the team should be handed to Dedevbo.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Horus(m): 12:27pm On Jun 12, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CywCxFD_q4g

Nigeria's Super Falcons: Success and struggle | Women's World Cup 2019
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:38pm On Jun 12, 2019
Oshoala is becoming more vocal as a leader. I hope she can also lead by example and do the business. I believe she has another gear that she has not even kicked into yet...

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 12:54pm On Jun 12, 2019
Super_Falcons XI vs KOR #SoarSuperFalcons #Team9jaStrong

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 1:01pm On Jun 12, 2019
Schemerkhiz:
Super_Falcons XI vs KOR #SoarSuperFalcons #Team9jaStrong
oparanozie again All the best sha
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by KevinDein: 1:16pm On Jun 12, 2019
Schemerkhiz:
Super_Falcons XI vs KOR
#SoarSuperFalcons
#Team9jaStrong

Good one Ayinde is dropped. She was awful in the last game. Misplacing so many easy passes and killing attack in the process.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 1:24pm On Jun 12, 2019
Really happy the coach is dropping players who underperform. Happy to see the back of Oluehi. She really is 3rd choice, and could have saved at least 2 goals on day 1.

A big concern is Uchendu starting. She is not up to the level of players like Ajibade. It seems the assistant coach favouritism is telling here.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by KevinDein: 1:38pm On Jun 12, 2019
olapluto:
Really happy the coach is dropping players who underperform. Happy to see the back of Oluehi. She really is 3rd choice, and could have saved at least 2 goals on day 1.

A big concern is Uchendu starting. She is not up to the level of players like Ajibade. It seems the assistant coach favouritism is telling here.
Ajibade would definitely come in later in the game...at least I wish. Her pace would be of bigger concern when the Koreans are tired. Hopefully we are still in the game by then.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 1:43pm On Jun 12, 2019
KevinDein:

Ajibade would definitely come in later in the game...at least I wish. Her pace would be of bigger concern when the Koreans are tired. Hopefully we are still in the game by then.

I agree with you. I hope we can stay in the game for a long time, if not winning, but with a 0-0 game, we will hurt the Koreans. However, it is exciting for Nigeria that we have 2 18 year olds starting a world cup match.
We have a big big chance for a win here.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 2:05pm On Jun 12, 2019
Oparanozie with a wayward pass that could have put Oshoala through on goal. You dont mess chances like that up early on. It can hurt your team.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 2:08pm On Jun 12, 2019
Young Okeke a bit jittery but recovers well so far. So far, so balance. No unnecessary mistakes yet.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 2:10pm On Jun 12, 2019
Corner to Korea. Zonal marking from Nigeria. We didnt concede! Glory.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 2:11pm On Jun 12, 2019
Korea have found their feet and are bossing possession. No outlet upfront with Oparanozie offering nothing exciting so far.

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (1180) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Faithti(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.