Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,907 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (801624 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (1071) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 2:50pm On Jun 08, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
So the Ada babe from Norway is not playing at the world cup after all?

Ada Hegerberg, who scored for Lyon in the UEFA Women's Champions League final is not playing for Norway.
She refused to play for Norway at the World Cup because she says that Norwegian football authorities favour men's football over women's football.
The Norwegian FA made some changes, but she said that she wasn't satisfied.
Who she be sef?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Mizwisdom(f): 3:13pm On Jun 08, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
I don't fear any team in our group. I think 2015 was a much harder group. We have a solid team that can become great if things go for them. My only fear is the coach. What lineup and tactic will he go out there with?

You don't fear France?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Mizwisdom(f): 3:15pm On Jun 08, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

It doesn't have to be luck. We have the quality to hurt them.

We don't have the quality, Oshoala usually disappoints and she's like the most exposed out of all
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:27pm On Jun 08, 2019
Mizwisdom:

We don't have the quality, Oshoala usually disappoints and she's like the most exposed out of all

Oparanozie has been in Europe longer than Oshoala and so as Okobi. As for Oshoala disappointing, I disagree. Football is a team sport and we won the AWCON so we don't need Oshoala scoring 100 goals to make us feel any better. After that she has gone on to have a ball at Barca and if u watch her finishing and her touches u will see that she is actually becoming a better footballer which is frightening to imagine because she was already great.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:30pm On Jun 08, 2019
Mizwisdom:

You don't fear France?

Nope. They are a good side but I don't fear them.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Mizwisdom(f): 3:40pm On Jun 08, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Oparanozie has been in Europe longer than Oshoala and so as Okobi. As for Oshoala disappointing, I disagree. Football is a team sport and we won the AWCON so we don't need Oshoala scoring 100 goals to make us feel any better. After that she has gone on to have a ball at Barca and if u watch her finishing and her touches u will see that she is actually becoming a better footballer which is frightening to imagine because she was already great.

OK,let's see how they'll play today
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 3:45pm On Jun 08, 2019
Incredible stat from the BBC:

No team has go on to win the WWC after failing to score in the first half of their opening match..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 5:37pm On Jun 08, 2019
Spain 0 - 1 south Africa 32

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 6:14pm On Jun 08, 2019
Really pray SA will hold on.....it will be massive confidence booster

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:18pm On Jun 08, 2019
Nigeria Superfalcons Line Up against Norway

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 7:21pm On Jun 08, 2019
Typical African indiscipline killed SA.
Nigeria with her strong line up as expected. Attacking wise, we look good. Defensively, we're suspect.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by IniUbom(m): 7:35pm On Jun 08, 2019
D rigors of being a Nigga, Asisat dey fine o! Lol
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:37pm On Jun 08, 2019
I wasn't expecting to see a 4 - 3 - 3

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by IniUbom(m): 7:39pm On Jun 08, 2019
Iniaabasi umotong dey fine o! ��
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 7:49pm On Jun 08, 2019
Schemerkhiz:
I wasn't expecting to see a 4 - 3 - 3
It is not a 4-3-3. It is actually a 3-5-2. They will play 3-5-2 when we're on the backfoot, and I believe the shape will change to 4-3-3 when we attacking. Should be fun.

I am watching on Canadian TV and they are already calling for red card for Nigerian players due to our 'physicallity'. I think the women footballers are usually racist and gang up against those stronger than them. Same way Semanya was deemed too strong.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 7:50pm On Jun 08, 2019
My God Francisca Ordega is FIIIIINNNNNEE... Jesus christ.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 7:54pm On Jun 08, 2019
Players filing out now. Oparanozie looks business like. No unneccesary singing. Just focused.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 7:57pm On Jun 08, 2019
NFF president in attendance with FIFA president. Nigerian supporters club not so loud. Hardly seen.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 8:06pm On Jun 08, 2019
The shape of the Super falcons is impressive on and off the ball. Long time I saw a Nigerian team this organised.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 8:21pm On Jun 08, 2019
First set piece for Norway, first goal. Gosh I hate to be right about this. Standing like mannequins.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 8:48pm On Jun 08, 2019
2 CLEAR penalties not given to Nigeria. VAR is run by an European.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 8:51pm On Jun 08, 2019
Una see our defence just playing together for the first time ? Ayinde & Ohale are playing as if they are playing African teams.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:53pm On Jun 08, 2019
This was why we needed top rate friendlies angry
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 8:53pm On Jun 08, 2019
Damn I hate this cult like officiating in women football. A clear penalty that even FIFA shamelessly showed on replay. Our mumu NFF president just sat there like a statue.
Our girls have been super but minor mistakes cost us. Oparanozie got a yellow card for something Norwagean players have done more than once without the ref calling a foul.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:54pm On Jun 08, 2019
We need to go with 3 at the back and bring Kanu in for Oparanozie.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 9:04pm On Jun 08, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
We need to go with 3 at the back and bring Kanu in for Oparanozie.
But we're playing 3 at the back.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 9:05pm On Jun 08, 2019
Our midfield was extremely weak. Ayinde is slow, kicking weak passes and extremely indecisive you can't have a talent like Oshoala and not find ways to give her the ball in comfortable situations... Please tell me this coach made changes at half time abeg.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:13pm On Jun 08, 2019
olapluto:

But we're playing 3 at the back.

No we are not. Only Ebi and Ohale are the CBs
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 9:47pm On Jun 08, 2019
Norway Actually have an extremely solid defense and our team seems to not be comfortable playing together, like they don't know if they should track back or move forward after a pass or even whether to pass after a good break.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 9:48pm On Jun 08, 2019
We just need one goal. We have 2 more games to make up for this game with. We can still even come out 2nd or best 3rd place.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by elyte89: 9:51pm On Jun 08, 2019
ykalhaji:
We just need one goal. We have 2 more games to make up for this game with. We can still even come out 2nd or best 3rd place.

I would b extremely surprise if we make it out of d group lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 10:00pm On Jun 08, 2019
Full time. We lose, but a lot of positives. I still believe we should have had a penalty when Okobi was taken out in the box.
We were not coordinated in attack today. We failed to use Ordega's brilliance and Oshoala's attitude in the match actually stinks. She dropped her head too early.
The ref contributed to us loosing coordination in the 1st half. Any game where ref gives a needless yellow card within 15 minutes sends a message. We started to opt out of tackles, and the Norwageans just had a free run in.

Positive we will beat Korea. They wont be able to score set pieces.
Doubt we will make it to round of 16. Overall, sad to lose Faith Ikidi Micheal, but really happy that Okeke shows that we didnt really need to play Faith.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (1071) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: gomol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.