Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (1022) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (802217 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1019) (1020) (1021) (1022) (1023) (1024) (1025) ... (1071) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 5:23pm On Mar 19
Deltamani:
OUTSIDE FOOTBALL

I bring to you the ALL AFRICAN GAMES: Nigeria 400M Athlete Brittany Aderinola Ogunmokun

A US-based Nigerian athlete who served five-year in the US Military, is proudly representing Nigeria on the track. Yesterday, she secured her spot in the semifinals of the Women's 400m event at the 13th African Games unfolding in Ghana.

If she was a Footballer the GK and CB position would have fit her though…

Wow. It’s good of her to rep Naija!
I will deploy her as a CB because her physique and speed would be a nightmare to many opposing forwards
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:28pm On Mar 19
PDPGuy:

Wow. It’s good of her to rep Naija!
I will deploy her as a CB because her physique and speed would be a nightmare to many opposing forwards

Swearzzz… 9ja Version of Wendie Renard based on her height. I think Physically she’s going to be at the top of her considering her Strong physique.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:56pm On Mar 19
Who should be our no.10 against SA next Month?

For me I would prefer Tony Payne starts there while Onyi Echegini comes in for her at 60+ minutes… Payne haven’t really done well for 9ja playing from the Flank as a winger..

Asisat Oshoala to start too, with Esther Okoronkwo coming in for her at No.9 .. There’s a good Chemistry between Echegini and Esther..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:16pm On Mar 19
Make Ashleigh do come back Europe, by now she would have been Playing alongside the best and would have been rated as one of the best Defender as she really had a high rating during the World Cup..

My greatest surprise was that she already signed for Al-Ittihad before going to the World Cup sef..

Watch their last weekend game here
https://www.youtube.com/live/S3Sa4ICSWlo?si=koQwuJVBb51RRW7Z

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 6:17pm On Mar 19
Deltamani:

Swearzzz… 9ja Version of Wendie Renard based on her height. I think Physically she’s going to be at the top of her considering her Strong physique.

I can imagine a CB combo of her and Ohale would be amongst the top 5 national CB partnerships!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 6:34pm On Mar 19
Deltamani:
🚨Coach Bruce Mwape has named a 34-member Copper Queens squad for next month’s Olympics qualifiers against Morocco.

Making a return to the national fold is Grace Chanda, a familiar name in Zambia, who has been out for nine months as a result of illness. The matches are billed for April 5th in Zambia and April 9th in Morocco, with the ultimate victors qualifying for the Olympic Games in Paris.

Why is it taking NFF & Randy Waldrum so much time to release our own team list? or have invitation letters been sent to players?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:36pm On Mar 19
solonnachi:

Why is it taking NFF & Randy Waldrum so much time to release our own team list? or have invitation letters been sent to players?

Invitation have been sent across….💯

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:03pm On Mar 19
There was no way she’s getting past Nicole Payne… #Pace2Pace

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 8:25pm On Mar 19
Hope Nicole was invited, considering Tosin will likely be scratched due to injury
Deltamani:

Invitation have been sent across….💯
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:21pm On Mar 19

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:56pm On Mar 19
UEFA Women’s Champions League Quarterfinal
HT; SL Benfica W (1) : (0) Lyon W

43' Faria A. () [SLB]

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Odogwujayy: 10:39pm On Mar 19
Deltamani:
UEFA Women’s Champions League Quarterfinal
HT; SL Benfica W (1) : (0) Lyon W

43' Faria A. () [SLB]

1-1 atm. Ucheibe really putting in a shift at LCB..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:26pm On Mar 20
Introducing the first-ever NWSL x LIGA MX Femenil Summer Cup. 🏆 The tournament will feature all 14 NWSL clubs and the six teams with the most points achieved in LIGA MX Femenil Clausura and Apertura during 2023…

⚽️ Tournament kick off is on July 19th
⚽️ All 14 NWSL clubs and top 6 Liga MX Femenil teams from 2023
⚽️ 33-match tournament with 30 group stage matches and a semifinal/finals round
⚽️ Championship match will take place the weekend of October 25-27

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 8:13pm On Mar 20
The Olympic Football Tournament draw is now underway..

Hopeful for a favorable group for the Falcons
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 9:10pm On Mar 20
Draw is complete, and the Super Falcons are in the group of death in group C 😏

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:18pm On Mar 20
It’s going to be a tough one if Nigeria pull through to the Olympics… Group of Death!

Playing Friendly games against any 4 of this teams likes of USA, Argentina, Mexico, China, South Korea, Sweden, Netherlands and France will be very helpful…

Spain and Japan side are very very tactical and compact. Japan and Brazil beatable!

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 9:20pm On Mar 20
Like I postulated some days ago, Waldrum may just have to go with a 4-5-1 against both Spain and Japan 😁
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:24pm On Mar 20
PDPGuy:
Like I postulated some days ago, Waldrum may just have to go with a 4-5-1 against both Spain and Japan 😁

Forget it Japan is beatable even though they’re a Disciplined side…

Spain game shouldn’t be that difficult as Asisat Oshoala can give us good information about her Ex-Clubmates, Tony Payne, Rinsola Babajide, Monday Gift, Rasheedat Ajibade all plays in 🇪🇸 and won’t be a strange thing to them.. All our pacy players will have to be on their A game for Counter Attack.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:36pm On Mar 20
PDPGuy:

3-5-2 can do the job very well too

Nnadozie

Ohale—Demehin—Plumptre

Alozie—Ayinde— Adiodun—Ucheibe—Payne

Oshoala—Ajibade.

This guys can make a good Substitution though.!
1. Esther Okoronkwo
2. Rinsola Babajide
3. Onyi Echegini
4. Nicole Payne
5. Uchenna Kanu
6. Rofiat Imuran Or
7. Tochukwu Oluehi

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 9:44pm On Mar 20
Deltamani:

3-5-2 can do the job very well too

Nnadozie

Ohale—Demehin—Plumptre

Alozie—Ayinde— Adiodun—Ucheibe—Payne

Oshoala—Ajibade.

This guys can make a good Substitution though.!
1. Esther Okoronkwo
2. Rinsola Babajide
3. Onyi Echegini
4. Nicole Payne
5. Uchenna Kanu
6. Rofiat Imuran Or
7. Tochukwu Oluehi

💯 agree, especially because the 3 CBs are pretty speedy players . In that line up, I could swap Okoronkwo for Oshoala
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:56pm On Mar 20
PDPGuy:

💯 agree, especially because the 3 CBs are pretty speedy players . In that line up, I could swap Okoronkwo for Oshoala

The Chemistry btw Okoronkwo and Echegini is so so good, But i still prefer Esther Okoronkwo coming in for Oshoala later on in the game, With Onyi Echegini coming in for Ayinde then Ucheibe and Deborah can focus of Defensive Duties while Onyi create.. Nicole Payne will deputize well for Alozie or T. Payne.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:59pm On Mar 20
Brazil is beatable. The tough game will be against Japan not Spain. Let's get there 1st sha. Will love to see what Zambia will do to Germany and Australia anyways😂

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by maidaboi(m): 7:11am On Mar 21
Let's get pass South Africa first

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 9:20am On Mar 21
Let's first beat South Africa ooo men and brethren. Talk is cheap!

South Africa are also planning to be at the Olympics. They have long released their team list.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:18am On Mar 21
daveP:
Brazil is beatable. The tough game will be against Japan not Spain. Let's get there 1st sha. Will love to see what Zambia will do to Germany and Australia anyways😂

Don’t think the German side would want to lose to the Zambians again, in this case it’s a major tournament not a Friendly game. They have learnt their lessons and are currently building a new team cause they have been on a decline of recent…

No Kerr for Australia, Still wondering how they will cope without her.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:26am On Mar 21
solonnachi:
Let's first beat South Africa ooo men and brethren. Talk is cheap!

South Africa are also planning to be at the Olympics. They have long released their team list.

Yeah yeah yeah… Whosoever qualifies but I’m certain the Falcons will pull through…
First game against Brazil July 25th, then July 28th Spain 2nd game and the last group stage game against Japan on 31st of July..

I still da wonder why people are more scared of Japan instead of Spain…!

Anyway my Power Ranking of the opponents are Spain, Japan and then Brazil.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Goldsplash(m): 2:27pm On Mar 21
It will be same result as the world cup group stage. Win 1 and draw 2. The win will be against Brazil.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:34pm On Mar 21
Goldsplash:
It will be same result as the world cup group stage. Win 1 and draw 2. The win will be against Brazil.

Lol 😆
Why you feel say na Brazil we go beat.. Japan and Spain nko??
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Kibbs(m): 4:57pm On Mar 21
Deltamani:

Forget it Japan is beatable even though they’re a Disciplined side…

Spain game shouldn’t be that difficult as Asisat Oshoala can give us good information about her Ex-Clubmates, Tony Payne, Rinsola Babajide, Monday Gift, Rasheedat Ajibade all plays in 🇪🇸 and won’t be a strange thing to them.. All our pacy players will have to be on their A game for Counter Attack.

Lmao. The way you said 'shpuldnt be that difficult', one would think Spain aren't the current world champions and have the best player itw in their squad.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:50pm On Mar 21
ZAMBIA COPPER QUEENS MIDFIELDER PRISCA CHILUFYA WITH FC JUAREZ TEAM MATE

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:59pm On Mar 21
Kibbs:

Lmao. The way you said 'shpuldnt be that difficult', one would think Spain aren't the current world champions and have the best player itw in their squad.

I said that because their pattern of play is very very clear and we also have players that are based in Spain who have played alongside and against them at Club level…

By the way you’re sounding as if Spain ain’t beatable at all at all….

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 7:09pm On Mar 21
Deltamani:
ZAMBIA COPPER QUEENS MIDFIELDER PRISCA CHILUFYA WITH FC JUAREZ TEAM MATE

The different is as clear as night from day,

that's a man there not a woman

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1019) (1020) (1021) (1022) (1023) (1024) (1025) ... (1071) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.