Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,303 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (1020) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (796279 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1017) (1018) (1019) (1020) (1021) (1022) (1023) ... (1069) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 12:52am On Mar 14
I will vex if CAF cancels this year’s WAFCON!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 1:24am On Mar 14
Deltamani:
Ashleigh Plumptre opens up about her Saudi Experience…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYqVrH-UAHE?si=KUS2l9PCpRcMXKGC

Thanks for choosing Nigeria Ash!
We love you

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 8:14am On Mar 14

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:51pm On Mar 14
SAFA has officially announced the venue for the highly anticipated home fixture between South Africa’s senior women’s national team and Nigeria’s Super Falcons in the upcoming two-legged fourth round Paris 2024 Olympics Qualifiers slated for April.

The prestigious Loftus Versfeld Stadium in Pretoria has been selected as the venue for the return leg, scheduled for Tuesday, 9th April.

Kickoff is set for 7:30 pm South Africa time (6:30 pm Nigeria time), promising an electrifying atmosphere for football enthusiasts.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 3:56pm On Mar 14
Deltamani:
SAFA has officially announced the venue for the highly anticipated home fixture between South Africa’s senior women’s national team and Nigeria’s Super Falcons in the upcoming two-legged fourth round Paris 2024 Olympics Qualifiers slated for April.

The prestigious Loftus Versfeld Stadium in Pretoria has been selected as the venue for the return leg, scheduled for Tuesday, 9th April.

Kickoff is set for 7:30 pm South Africa time (6:30 pm Nigeria time), promising an electrifying atmosphere for football enthusiasts.

SAFA get too much sense. They scheduled the game in a much smaller arena than Soccer City or the Durban stadium to give the appearance of a well-attended game.
Meanwhile, our NFF thought it wise to host such a game, where the team would need the maximum support possible, at the Abuja stadium where no more than 5,000 (in a 60k capacity arena) have been attending Super Falcons matches there🤦🏾
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Curtisaxel17: 4:23pm On Mar 14
PDPGuy:

SAFA get too much sense. They scheduled the game in a much smaller arena than Soccer City or the Durban stadium to give the appearance of a well-attended game.
Meanwhile, our NFF thought it wise to host such a game, where the team would need the maximum support possible, at the Abuja stadium where no more than 5,000 (in a 60k capacity arena) have been attending Super Falcons matches there🤦🏾

Attendance doesn't play football. Stop giving them excuses for failure before they even play the game.

No matter how big the SA crowd is, once we put one or two goals past them, everywhere go cold.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:37pm On Mar 14
PDPGuy:

And who said the Loftus Versfeld Stadium is a small arena? It has a capacity of over 50k. No much difference between our own and theirs. By the way SuperFalcons of Nigeria have never been scared of Away team Fans till date… I think they’re the Strongest Nigerian Football team that doesn’t care about their Opponent fans.. if they lose, they lost because of the play on the field not the fans absence or presence..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 5:54pm On Mar 14
Curtisaxel17:

Attendance doesn't play football. Stop giving them excuses for failure before they even play the game.

No matter how big the SA crowd is, once we put one or two goals past them, everywhere go cold.

I’m confident that we will win
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:13pm On Mar 14
Fifa Women's Under 17 World Cup

Morocco 🇲🇦 to host the tournament through to 2029. It becomes a annual event from 2025…

Fifa has announced that the U17 Women's World Cup will expand to 24 teams (from 16), be held annually (instead of biannually) and Morocco will host the next five editions starting 2025 to 2029.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:32pm On Mar 14
Banyana Banyana Preliminary squad for the Olympic Qualifiers against Nigeria in April.

14 March 2024 – Banyana Banyana coach Desiree Ellis has announced a preliminary 30-member squad for the highly anticipated Fourth Round CAF Women’s Olympic qualifier against Nigeria next month.

Coach Desiree Ellis’ charges will go into camp on 25 March 2024 in preparation for the showdown against their long-time rivals.

The final 23-player squad will be finalised for the Olympic qualifier when Ellis names the team later this month.

Wendy Shongwe was withdrawn from the preliminary squad list due to injury. Kholosa Biyana was also not considered as she suffered an injury during the Olympic qualifier against Tanzania last month.

GOALKEEPERS
Andile Dlamini
Kaylin Swart
Katlego Moletsane
Dineo Magagula

DEFENDERS
Karabo Dhlamini
Fikile Magama
Asanda Magama
Tiisetso Makhubela
Boitumelo Rasehlo
Lonathemba Mhlongo
Bambanani Mbane
Noko Matlou
Lebohang Ramalepe
Bongeka Gamede

MIDFIELDERS
Linda Motlhalo
Nonhlanhla Mthandi
Refiloe Jane
Lesego Nkoane
Samkelisiwe Selana
Nomvula Kgoale
Sibulele Holweni
Amogelang Motau

FORWARDS
Gabriela Salgado
Nicole Michael
Noxolo Cesane
Hildah Magaia
Jermaine Seoposenwe
Thembi Kgatlana
Nthabiseng Majiya

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:27am On Mar 15
Thoughts on these preseason power rankings? (via Claire Watkins)

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 7:06am On Mar 15
Emma Hayes is being dragged on social media for saying this.

Chelsea boss Emma Hayes says player relationships in same women’s team are ‘inappropriate’

Chelsea manager Emma Hayes believes player relationships in same women’s team are ‘inappropriate’.

Hayes has joined several high-profile figures in women’s football this week in condemning player-coach relationships after Leicester City manager Willie Kirk was suspended by the club over his alleged relationship with a player in his squad.

Last month, Sheffield United sacked Jonathan Morgan, the manager of their women’s side, after it emerged he had a relationship with a player when he was at a previous club.

Hayes, meanwhile, also feels player relationships within the same team in women’s football ‘presents challenges’ and believes the professional game should ‘move past those places’.

When asked about player-coach relationships at her press conference on Thursday, Hayes said: ‘I think, I know this is a conversation I might have had in the past, I think one of the important things to talk about is the women’s game shifting from an amateur game into a professional game.

‘And with that, I think the reality is that in almost all areas of our game we have to make sure that there is a minimum standard in place.

‘I think we have to have safeguarding, make sure that it’s accessible for each and every club to protect players.

‘I think the challenges of coming from an amateur game to a pro game means that women’s sport has largely been social.

‘I think player-coach relationships are inappropriate, player-to-player relationships are inappropriate.

‘But we have to look at it in the context of where the game has come from and say we’re in a professional era now where the expectations in place for players and coaches is such that all of our focus and attention has got to be on having the top standards.

‘And that’s why I’ve always been an advocate of making sure clubs have minimum standards, whether it’s code of conduct, player safeguarding, whether it’s player welfare.

‘And I don’t think it’s just in and around player-coach relationships, I refer to that around all things with where our pro game is going. I do still think we’ve got a lot of work to do with that. I hope, as I mentioned last week, particularly with the [Karen] Carney review, that we apportion even more minimum standards to put in place in clubs, because I still feel if you were to go across, not just WSL1 but WSL2, there’s such an extreme from a club like Chelsea with 25 people on staff, or Arsenal, or you go all the way down to the bottom of WSL2, I think we need to make sure we put in robust staffing teams in and around the players to make sure we give them safe, secure, safeguarding environments, I think that’s absolutely essential.

‘I can’t tell you what’s the ins and outs of my own contract but we talk about it as players and staff, the importance of creating a safe environment for our players is absolutely essential. I think, as I said before it’s [player-coach relationships] inappropriate.

‘I always bring up the historical context of where the women’s game has come from because I think it is important to talk from that perspective. Women’s football, as we know, has been a very amateur game for a long period of time, and I say this around player-to-player relationships as well, there’s challenges that I think that we’re moving to a point where we should moving past those places.

‘If I think about things like racism, or homophobia, or banter, or things like that have become situations where everybody has had to almost be educating up, whether that’s by HR teams, and I know we do a lot of that at Chelsea, I think it’s important for people to be educated around why things are inappropriate and why we have to create safe spaces for our players. I think there’s a bigger conversation to be had about it, but I don’t think we can have the conversation without the historical context and what do we want to continually create for safe spaces in our football environments.

‘If I think about the 12 years I’ve sat down with all of you guys [journalists] at different points we’re all talking about the next steps to help professionalise our game. I think reporting mechanisms on a number of fronts should already be in place anyway, which they probably are in top clubs, like you’ll have situations where if there’s an HR issue with whatever issue it might be, racism, homophobia, challenges of dealing with different situations, I think beyond what is happening in each and every club, maybe that is something that needs to be looked at.

‘But I always think you have to get it right in your own home first, I think HR teams in each individual club have a role to play in educating with those challenges and I don’t think those challenges are limited to player to coach, I think it’s player to player, all the other subjects that I’ve spoken about millions of times and probably just the next step with where the game needs to go.’

When asked why she specifically feels player-to-player relationships are inappropriate, Hayes replied: ‘I think it’s about just challenges it poses.

‘One player is in the team, one’s not in the team. One might be in the last year of their contract, one might not be. One might be competing in a position with someone else, you don’t need me to spell that out, it presents challenges.

‘I think we all know those of us who have been in the women’s game for a long period of time, those things have been happening in dressing rooms. I think longer term it would be ideal, in an ideal world, where you don’t have to deal with that.

‘It’s quite challenging for coaching teams to have to deal with it. You talk about it from a hierarchal perspective, it doesn’t mean it doesn’t present challenges, it does, I think you have to work an awful lot on how to manage those challenges in the locker room because they are far from ideal.

‘Listen, we’re dealing with human beings, and every office place has different challenges to deal with, that’s one of the challenges I have to deal with in my job, it’s the same things you have to deal with at work, I guess, it’s just I have to manage it and like I said it presents challenges.

‘We do talk about it internally, I think long term, in an ideal world, it’s something we didn’t have to.’

https://metro.co.uk/2024/03/14/chelsea-boss-emma-hayes-says-player-relationships-womens-team-inappropriate-20466799/
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 10:03am On Mar 15
They will cancel it
PDPGuy:
I will vex if CAF cancels this year’s WAFCON!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:15am On Mar 15
Her name is Chidimma Nwokedi, she was born and raised in England by Nigerian parents..

Currently she's is playing for Cray Wanders U12 Girls in England🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿.. Chidimma Nwokedi has featured in 62 games and scored 203 goals..

Chidimma Nwokedi future Superfalcons🦅🇳🇬..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:19am On Mar 15
With what am seeing this gal really need to be nurtured.., the talent is there and her Confidence in front of goal is something some U17/U20 don’t even have yet.. Her Parents should better move her to Arsenal Ladies or Chelsea Ladies Academy, from there straight to US College Soccer (NCAA Div1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqgXEwfyQj8?feature=shared

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:36am On Mar 15
Agba Baller…!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:26pm On Mar 15
The Super Falcons have dropped two spots in the latest FIFA Women’s World Rankings. Still the top ranked side in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:31pm On Mar 15
Do you agree with our NWSL predictions? 👇

#NWSL

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 10:50pm On Mar 15
Here are the confirmed pots for the 2024 Women’s Olympic Football Tournament:

Pot 1 France Spain USA

Pot 2 Germany Japan Canada

Pot 3 Brazil Australia Colombia

Pot 4 New Zealand CAF 1 CAF 2

The draw takes place on March 20 at 8pm

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 9:58am On Mar 16
We just need to stay away from spain and japan .... Germany, france , USA and brazil are not in best form and they are very beatable
PDPGuy:
Here are the confirmed pots for the 2024 Women’s Olympic Football Tournament:

Pot 1 France Spain USA

Pot 2 Germany Japan Canada

Pot 3 Brazil Australia Colombia

Pot 4 New Zealand CAF 1 CAF 2

The draw takes place on March 20 at 8pm

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 10:07am On Mar 16
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by skallion7(m): 6:07pm On Mar 16
Chiamaka Nnadozie saved another penalty today

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:31pm On Mar 16
Falconets semifinal opponents Uganda vs Ghana in their last match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVAfmn0ksFk

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 8:31pm On Mar 16
Stade Reims vs LOSC - Rofiat in action today, Tosin out injured.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT6psamMH1Y
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:08pm On Mar 16
AkinDS:
Stade Reims vs LOSC - Rofiat in action today, Tosin out injured.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT6psamMH1Y

It seems she won’t be available for the game against SA… Anyway Ashleigh Plumptre is there but again this is where another Younger CB is required to fill the vacuum in Demehin Absence…

Akudo Ogbonna
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:36pm On Mar 16
NWSL started today and these are the most valuable players… Asisat Oshoala market value drop from 350k to 300k🥹

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 12:18am On Mar 17
isan:
We just need to stay away from spain and japan .... Germany, france , USA and brazil are not in best form and they are very beatable
Hopefully we get group A - France
Surprised England didn’t qualify
By the way, super Falcons need to win South Africa by 2 goals to nil or a 2 goals margin to stand a good chance at Pretoria. South Africa with all that home support may score at home. They’ve not had issues with shipping in loads of goals
I’m hoping we pull it

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 12:23am On Mar 17
skallion7:
Chiamaka Nnadozie saved another penalty today
Maybe,a better club next season

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 2:17am On Mar 17
NWSL Roundup

Nicole Payne surprisingly starts for Portland in their 5-4 loss ot KC Current. She was subbed out in the 75th minute.

Uchenna Kanu started for Racing Louisville, and scored in the 19th minute to give RL a 2 goal cushion over Orlando Reign. The game however ended 2-2 with Kanu playing 87 minutes.

Michelle Alozie started on the bench for Houston Dash in their 5-1 loss to NC Courage. Alozie came in in the 73rd minute of the game.

Ify Onumonu surprisingly started on the bench for new club Utah Royals. Game currently in the 85th minute[code][/code] and she's yet to be subbed in.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lakesidepapa(m): 8:52am On Mar 17
Deltamani:
Arsenal and Sweden National Team Defender Amanda Ilestedt will miss the Nations League games and all spring and summer for both her club team Arsenal and Sweden's national team. The 31-year-old is pregnant with her first child, Arsenal announces.

Big Congratulates to Amanda and her German boyfriend Rainer.

She dey chop dick steadily
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:07pm On Mar 17
lovewins:
NWSL Roundup

Nicole Payne surprisingly starts for Portland in their 5-4 loss ot KC Current. She was subbed out in the 75th minute.

Uchenna Kanu started for Racing Louisville, and scored in the 19th minute to give RL a 2 goal cushion over Orlando Reign. The game however ended 2-2 with Kanu playing 87 minutes.

Michelle Alozie started on the bench for Houston Dash in their 5-1 loss to NC Courage. Alozie came in in the 73rd minute of the game.

Ify Onumonu surprisingly started on the bench for new club Utah Royals. Game currently in the 85th minute[code][/code] and she's yet to be subbed in.

Maybe Surprisingly as you have said…!
With what i saw her play last night, she’s really working hard. Her playing style have always been similar to that of Lucy Bronze. The NWSL definitely fits her style of play a lot considering how quick she’s. Recovery was top notch as she wasn’t beaten on any 1-v-1 and won all her foot race for the ball but still needs to get better going forward and delivering balls into the box.. Work in Progress! Hopefully she gets to start the next game.

But this Tenwa Chawinga is another ridiculously quick and physical forward, she came into the game for Kansas City and was involved(assisted) in their last two games. Her physique tells that she isn’t a Woman though!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1017) (1018) (1019) (1020) (1021) (1022) (1023) ... (1069) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.