Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,381 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (1056) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (801260 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1053) (1054) (1055) (1056) (1057) (1058) (1059) ... (1071) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:41am On Apr 10
2024 Paris Olympics …Zambia Qualified ahead of Morocco πŸ‡²πŸ‡¦

USA
Zambia
Germany
Australia

At least their group looks easier than ours but almost of same level… having two former world Champions in both Groups!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TVTM2023: 1:41am On Apr 10
Haha,I have not seen her play for Nigeria yet,anyone with videos pls

carbonado:
grin grin..because Zogg is too fine,she should go to Olympics... grin grin..son of man,you too like woman..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 1:43am On Apr 10
Zambia are through to Paris 2024!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:45am On Apr 10
TVTM2023:
Haha,I have not seen her play for Nigeria yet,anyone with videos pls

Go and watch Nigeria vs Jamaica and Portugal games at the 2021 Summer Series in the US, you will see her play..! Both games are still on YouTube

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 2:04am On Apr 10
Just as it was at the Gold Cup, the U.S. and Canada will have to be separated by a penalty shootout..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 2:18am On Apr 10
And the U.S. win the SheBelieves cup 5-4 on penalties

Alyssa Naeher came up big with 3 saves in the shootout 🀯
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 3:11am On Apr 10
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 4:04am On Apr 10
This guy has been provoking Nigerians since the beginning of the year and now Nigerians have decided to reply after the match.

https://twitter.com/KB_Ramasimong?t=35u-ZpFeS64rNoV2JiGerw&s=09
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:23am On Apr 10
Really glad to see how Chidinma Okeke has returned to prove us right who believed in her potential since we saw her as an 18yr old at the 2019 Women's World Cup.
She was mainly a RB at the WWC edition and even grabbed a beautiful assist for Oshoala vs S.Korea in our 2-0 win.

Good to see how comfortable she is at LB as well. She is a great cover for both fullback roles. Good call Randy.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 7:12am On Apr 10
We do not have tangible replacements for super eagles & super falcons centre backs
Ohale seems irreplaceable & may not play for Nigeria beyond 2027
What are they doing to find good replacements in case she’s not available
She’s probably the only player that is indispensable at this point
The woman of the match awards at the World Cup for both Ohale & Nnadozie were well deserved.
For goalkeeping, Tochi isn’t a bad reserve in case we need a replacement but I don’t see anyone filling the shoes of Ohale
When last did the Falcons play without her
We are spoilt for choice in the offensive positions

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 7:34am On Apr 10
Who's the one journalist RW was complaining about? So that man use block button taya? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Some SA pundits feel it is time the girls go foreign if they want to really touch bigger things. Na dem sabi. I just hope Nff allows him camp in Europe true true. But he needs to make that attack come alive abeg. Our xG no sweet me. Especially shooting

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by dankorode(m): 7:38am On Apr 10
carbonado:
..I am surprised that the Moroccans were able to match the Zambians initially,because the pace at which they(Zambians)were and still playing is just mind blowing....as regards man power,I saw Patrick😁😁😁,sorry,i meant to say "Prisca" the other time,and I could only laugh grin grin grin
Why you con dey fear nah? any name you like you feel call them nobody go beat you,we dey behind you

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 7:42am On Apr 10
Deltamani:
Chidinma Okeke seems to have reinstalled herself into the SuperFalcon Squad, I fear for Rofiat Imuran to be sincere!

Chidinma Okeke gives you a lot of Options LB, RB and CB, she just need to improve in her Attacking side of the game and also play her way back to the top leagues in Europe!

Some Persons here did wrote her off though, that she was heavy this and that..! At least she proved everyone wrong that she can attain her usual level and better still get better.
I’m just happy no Gloria Ogbonna in the mix though except she improves to an extent that is.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by dankorode(m): 7:45am On Apr 10
Lawag3:

Pascal 😁
You dey find trouble abi?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 7:46am On Apr 10
lovewins:

You have no idea how extraordinary that feat is. Since the 90s this is the first coach that has helped get the falcons to play defence. We couldn't play defence to save our lives. Go look out our defensive record at the world stage.

With time the offence will sort out itself. The midfield that was shambolic seem to be taking shape now too.

I had to come quote this cause many people really do not know how incredible it is to have a Super Falcons team locked in Defensively.

For Context, since the beginning of the World Cup last year, the Falcons have played 13 games in total out of which they've kept 10 clean sheets.

Read that again, we've only conceded in 3 of 13 games in about a year. We did this playing teams like England, Ireland, New Zealand, Cameroon and South Africa. That is incredible

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 7:49am On Apr 10
Paris baby dey go Paris cool
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 7:51am On Apr 10
It's also important to highlight that we didn't concede in 2 games against South Africa with a make-shift defence. We had 2 new personnel in Uchiebe and Okeke playing in defence and we didn't crack.

Again, Amazing!!!

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 7:52am On Apr 10
lovewins:

I had to come quote this cause many people really do not know how incredible it is to have a Super Falcons team locked in Defensively.

For Context, since the beginning of the World Cup last year, the Falcons have played 13 games in total out of which they've kept 10 clean sheets.

Read that again, we've only conceded in 3 of 13 games in about a year. We did this playing teams like England, Ireland, New Zealand, Cameroon and South Africa. That is incredible

A super excellent record for all to see.

Let's sha work on that attack anyway. Especially our setpieces (freekicks, long and short, pk, cornerkicks). We are poor at them. I complained about them during Wafcon and it looks like problem persists. We need to realize these are the spots some tight games are won. Let's add this to our arsenal abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ekehopp2: 7:56am On Apr 10
ekehopp2:

Only trans Zambia player I know is Barbra Banda. Any one else?

By the way Barbra Banda like Caster Semenya were born that way, with mixed sexes. They are intersexed, choose to identify with their female side and shouldn't be discriminated against.

Trans people are those born male but want to be female. Yes, having those kinds in female sport is unfair.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 8:14am On Apr 10
Deltamani:
Why Morocco go beat Zambia for Zambia home when they know they can’t do same at home…. Okay oooo
...Lol...Slept off,only saw last few minutes of the extra time..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 8:23am On Apr 10
dankorode:
Why you con dey fear nah? any name you like you feel call them nobody go beat you,we dey behind you
..lol..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 8:48am On Apr 10
daveP:
Who's the one journalist RW was complaining about? So that man use block button taya? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Some SA pundits feel it is time the girls go foreign if they want to really touch bigger things. Na dem sabi. I just hope Nff allows him camp in Europe true true. But he needs to make that attack come alive abeg. Our xG no sweet me. Especially shooting

There was a journalist that made a comment that Randy did not like at all. It was during the post match press conference in Abuja. He said that the Falcons "struggled".

Randy mentioned it again during his interview with the Super Falcons' media officer.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:53am On Apr 10
naptu2:

There was a journalist that made a comment that Randy did not like at all. It was during the post match press conference in Abuja. He said that the Falcons "struggled".

Randy mentioned it again during his interview with the Super Falcons' media officer.

I think he needs to grow tough skin. He's been coach of the falcons for least 2 years and should know Nigerians won't shudder when there's a need to criticise. Many of the criticisms are fair and even when they aren't, it comes with the territory. Really felt that part of his interview was unnecessary.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 9:04am On Apr 10
naptu2:

Nawa oπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

The bromance won't be forgotten anyway. That block button has created enemies that now desire he fails so he'll be roasted live. Smh
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 9:13am On Apr 10
carbonado:
...Lol...Slept off,only saw last few minutes of the extra time..

You guys are trying ooo, MTN just showing me shege back to back, Sub for Data, it was allocated, my airtime deducted, but to use same data browse na War, and it got expired the next day,

Chaiii
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by chrisooblog: 9:47am On Apr 10
3 goals in 13 matches wow stingy babes grin

lovewins:

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 10:02am On Apr 10
chrisooblog:
3 goals in 13 matches wow stingy babes grin

I think it's 4 goals in total cause we conceded 2 against Australia and 1 each in the other 2 games.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ekehopp2: 10:12am On Apr 10
Deltamani:

Go and watch Nigeria vs Jamaica and Portugal games at the 2021 Summer Series in the US, you will see her play..! Both games are still on YouTube

Thanks I just searched both games out

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2021/06/portugal-and-nigeria-draw-3-3-in-wild-back-and-forth-contest-during-2021-wnt-summer-series

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2021/06/jamaica-downs-nigeria-1-0-to-kick-off-2021-wnt-summer-series

Nigeria and our love for WOWO (We only want Oyibo), why did Salome Zogg and Roosa Ariyo not play for the Falcons again?
Surprised to even see Blessing Demehin was featuring for Randy even before the 2022 U20 WorldCup. Very Nice!

For emphasis I only started to follow Female football religiously starting with WAFCON 2022. But I've been following teh Super Eagles religiously since AFCON 2000

Also watching these highlights can Tochi Oluehi retire. Randy should find another keeper in addition to Jiwuaku as back up to Nnadozie.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AndSunGorilla: 10:38am On Apr 10
ekehopp2:

By the way Barbra Banda like Caster Semenya were born that way, with mixed sexes. They are intersexed, choose to identify with their female side and shouldn't be discriminated against.

Trans people are those born male but want to be female. Yes, having those kinds in female sport is unfair.
On a serious note does she have a d1ck?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:55am On Apr 10
ekehopp2:

Thanks I just searched both games out

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2021/06/portugal-and-nigeria-draw-3-3-in-wild-back-and-forth-contest-during-2021-wnt-summer-series

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2021/06/jamaica-downs-nigeria-1-0-to-kick-off-2021-wnt-summer-series

Nigeria and our love for WOWO (We only want Oyibo), why did Salome Zogg and Roosa Ariyo not play for the Falcons again?
Surprised to even see Blessing Demehin was featuring for Randy even before the 2022 U20 WorldCup. Very Nice!

For emphasis I only started to follow Female football religiously after WAFCON 2022

Also watching these highlights can Tochi Oluehi retire. Randy should find another keeper in addition to Jiwuaku as back up to Nnadozie.

Tochi retire for what reason?? Have you got any incredible young backup for Nnadozie yet?? NO

By the way she’s not only there as Back up goalie for Nnadozie right not but as the Big sister to the Players playing the role Onome Ebi currently Left Behind…

Maybe when you spot one good goalie we can as well clamor for her retirement! But again Age doesn’t really have much effect on goalie as they do perform at the highest level even at 40…!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:56am On Apr 10
Banyana Banyana captain Refiloe Jane shares her thoughts after missing out on a spot to the 2024 Paris Games at the hands of the Super Falcons of Nigeria.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:02am On Apr 10
πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡¨πŸ‡΄πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡³πŸ‡Ώ
πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΏπŸ‡²πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί
πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡―πŸ‡΅πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡·

The #Paris2024 groups are officially locked in! πŸ”

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1053) (1054) (1055) (1056) (1057) (1058) (1059) ... (1071) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.