Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (1059) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (817055 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1056) (1057) (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) ... (1077) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by truthhurtsnaira: 9:59pm On Apr 10
If they are taking ALOZIE to Olympics expect another embarrassing performance for a pretender…

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 10:12pm On Apr 10
truthhurtsnaira:
If they are taking ALOZIE to Olympics expect another embarrassing performance for a pretender…
This is my problem with Randy. Alozie is a winger and she started as a make shift defender then I believe, so why hasn’t he found a replacement for that right back role yet, so we see the effect of Alozie in attack on the wings? She has speed and she’s a good crosser.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:30pm On Apr 10
What a picture: 5 generations of the Super Falcons GK dept

L-R (Youngest to Oldest): Linda Jiwuaku, Chiamaka Nnadozie, Tochukwu Oluehi, Precious Dede, Ann Agumagu Chiejine.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 12:20am On Apr 11
This is ridiculous!
Was Randy responsible for the decline of the SF? Or was it a culmination of years of neglect and a refusal to invest in the women's team by the football authorities? You want to conveniently blame Randy for the plight of the SF, when even a blind person would have seen the writing on the wall. Yet, these dumbass journalists give the authorities a free pass (pretty obvious they are on the take from the NFF).

As a journalist, you are free to use your platform (print or free or paid media) to criticize his performance as a coach, or lack thereof. Fact is that Randy Waldrum never stopped you from doing that.
But typical of Nigerians journalist (who always think they know it all), they want to come into his personal social media platform (his own personal space) and continue with the abuse and criticism. Yet, when he rightly decides he has had enough of all your baseless nonsense, you decide to b!tch and whine when he blocks off your negative BS? Seriously?
Next you will say that these so called journalist should be allowed to come into his home to criticize him.

Abeg, give us a break!

mostob:
It is normal to criticize if you're not doing well. Super Falcons is a big brand in Africa and it is a shame to see the current state of the team.

If the criticisms are performance related, I see nothing wrong. Why blocking journalists?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 7:13am On Apr 11
AkinDS:
This is ridiculous!
Was Randy responsible for the decline of the SF? Or was it a culmination of years of neglect and a refusal to invest in the women's team by the football authorities? You want to conveniently blame Randy for the plight of the SF, when even a blind person would have seen the writing on the wall. Yet, these dumbass journalists give the authorities a free pass (pretty obvious they are on the take from the NFF).

As a journalist, you are free to use your platform (print or free or paid media) to criticize his performance as a coach, or lack thereof. Fact is that Randy Waldrum never stopped you from doing that.
But typical of Nigerians journalist (who always think they know it all), they want to come into his personal social media platform (his own personal space) and continue with the abuse and criticism. Yet, when he rightly decides he has had enough of all your baseless nonsense, you decide to b!tch and whine when he blocks off your negative BS? Seriously?
Next you will say that these so called journalist should be allowed to come into his home to criticize him.

Abeg, give us a break!

The guy dem shock me back2back with his comment, if I don't know him here I did say he is Angry about the scoreline,

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 7:52am On Apr 11
AkinDS:
This is ridiculous!

Abeg, give us a break!

Your excuses actually sound more ridiculous. We all know you have this great bias towards anything American.

Nigeria won AWCON in 2018 and Randy came on board in 2020. Despite winning the AWCON, we were all not satisfy with the performance because we should be doing better.

Now, since Randy got employed in 2020, show me just a single impact he has made in that team. He was even granted a lot of friendly matches compared to his predecessor, what did he use them to do?

I don't support abuse but the criticisms are justified as long as they're about the team's performance on the field. Tell your Randy to man up and stop whining. He is not doing enough.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 8:24am On Apr 11
mostob:
Clowns? Randy is the clown here please. Udoh is right. Randy is one of the most protected SF coach.
Let's be factual here please, is there anything tangible that Randy has added to this team? Remove the individual brilliance of Nnadozie and the little luck here and there and imagine where we would be by now.

Let's free these journalists please. Nothing exceptional about RW abeg. Moreso, as a player or coach, it is expected to receive criticism. You need to develop tough skin. Why the blocking spree?

Sorry, Randy has added A LOT to the team, only a blind person would not see it. Learn to appreciate people wholeheartedly, when they do well.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 9:06am On Apr 11
I guess this is one of the people that she (Chiamaka Nnadozie) wrote about earlier. She now has time for him.

1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:10am On Apr 11
mostob:
Your excuses actually sound more ridiculous. We all know you have this great bias towards anything American.

Nigeria won AWCON in 2018 and Randy came on board in 2020. Despite winning the AWCON, we were all not satisfy with the performance because we should be doing better.

Now, since Randy got employed in 2020, show me just a single impact he has made in that team. He was even granted a lot of friendly matches compared to his predecessor, what did he use them to do?

I don't support abuse but the criticisms are justified as long as they're about the team's performance on the field. Tell your Randy to man up and stop whining. He is not doing enough.

All of these are bad faith arguments and it's surprising you're the one making it. Did Randy have a poor start as coach? Yes he did. I was at the fire front of those calling for his sack. The Falcons couldn't string 5 passes if I remember correctly. They were an eyesore to watch. But like AkinDS tight said, all of these predated Randy. We won't the previous WAFCON but was lucky to do that on penalties. The team wasn't doing well. In hindsight, maybe a little premature to call for his sack, but we were right to criticise at the time.

He however settled into the role after AFCON. Since 2023, the Super Falcons have played a total of 17 games and they've Won 9, Drawn 6 and lost just 2. We got to the Round of 16 of the World cup when many never expected us to (yourself inclusive). Mind you this is the first time the Super Falcons will be qualifying out of the group stage as a top 2 team. We qualify for the Olympics after 16 years getting past Cameroon and South Africa. We have an entirely new squad with entrants we probably wouldn't have had were he not the coach. To reduce that to nothing is being insincere

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 9:20am On Apr 11
lovewins:

All of these are bad faith arguments and it's surprising you're the one making it. Did Randy have a poor start as coach? Yes he did. I was at the fire front of those calling for his sack. The Falcons couldn't string 5 passes if I remember correctly. They were an eyesore to watch. But like AkinDS tight said, all of these predated Randy. We won't the previous WAFCON but was lucky to do that on penalties. The team wasn't doing well. In hindsight, maybe a little premature to call for his sack, but we were right to criticise at the time.

He however settled into the role after AFCON. Since 2023, the Super Falcons have played a total of 17 games and they've Won 9, Drawn 6 and lost just 2. We got to the Round of 16 of the World cup when many never expected us to (yourself inclusive). Mind you this is the first time the Super Falcons will be qualifying out of the group stage as a top 2 team. We qualify for the Olympics after 16 years getting past Cameroon and South Africa. We have an entirely new squad with entrants we probably wouldn't have had were he not the coach. To reduce that to nothing is being insincere
In 1999 though we qualified as a top two team.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 9:28am On Apr 11
GeneralDae:

This is my problem with Randy. Alozie is a winger and she started as a make shift defender then I believe, so why hasn’t he found a replacement for that right back role yet, so we see the effect of Alozie in attack on the wings? She has speed and she’s a good crosser.
Come to think of it, Alozie is a good winger o. If Randy loves to start Kanu and want to sub her off, he should just bring an RB on and make Alozie Play RW. Or preferably, start getting used to starting her at RW and let Kanu come on later. That RW still never get person wey go replace Ordega.

Bottomline is Randy should try allow this babe play her preferred role once or twice at least. Use Friendlies. she has a good cross to start with.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 9:29am On Apr 11
When Randy Waldrum took over the Super Falcons, we were a team in transition and a team in decline. We had great teams in 2014 and 2016, but some of the players were getting over the hill.

I was annoyed with the NFF at the time because the Falcons went for very long periods without games and coaches between 2016 and 2020 and this did not give us the opportunity to properly assess the players and see where they were at that particular time.

Both Thomas Dennerby and Randy Waldrum have tried to rebuild the team and get them to play in a certain way. I believe that one of the reasons that both coaches got heavily criticised is because of culture.

Culturally, Nigerians love fast paced attacking teams with great wingers. Europeans and Americans often say that African teams are so focused on attacking that they forget to defend. Both Dennerby and Waldrum have tried to change that.

Nobody can seriously say that Waldrum has done nothing for the Falcons because he has helped us transition properly. Oparanozie, Okobi, Ordega, Chikwelu and many others are not with the team, yet we are not suffering, why? Because he has got us replacements. He has brought in a lot of people that we most likely won't have discovered without him.

Just check out our defensive record in the past year. Remember when we were complaining about the midfield (2018 till 2022). I'm sure that people have forgotten about that. Look at our record at the World Cup, look at the fact that he qualified us for the Olympics for the first time since 2008. All of that is his work. You can't say that he hasn't added anything to the team.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 9:32am On Apr 11
TheSuperNerd:
What a picture: 5 generations of the Super Falcons GK dept

L-R (Youngest to Oldest): Linda Jiwuaku, Chiamaka Nnadozie, Tochukwu Oluehi, Precious Dede, Ann Agumagu Chiejine.
Then, judging by this pic, Destiny can't wait for Nnadozie to win her Wafcon as 1st choice goalie then. The Accra final shootout will be my fav memory of Oluehi. She's done well. Wish her a befitting farewell soon.

E pain me say we no fire shot at that Swart.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:50am On Apr 11
CoolJulian:

Sorry, Randy has added A LOT to the team, only a blind person would not see it. Learn to appreciate people wholeheartedly, when they do well.
Well, not everybody appreciate mediocrity just like you're doing now.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 10:03am On Apr 11
lovewins:

All these didn't count as achievements please. I'm even surprised you're defending him.

Many of us didn't believe we would get to Rof16 because of Randy's shortcomings. I mean, look at this current squad and imagine the quality they ooze. Bottom line is we're underperforming and that is Randy's fault. Three years at the elm and nothing to show for it. You watched that South Africa match now... Even though we won, was the performance convincing?

We have the squad to compete for this upcoming Olympic but none of us here are even confident we will get third place in our group. Why? Because who we're parading as coach is just there for the sake of it.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 10:07am On Apr 11
Since 2018, the Appearance and goals stats of the Midfielders and forwards is embarassed embarassed

Kanu seem to be the best
31app, 19goals
In same period, Zee got 17goals(more important goals)

This section needs tough work, especially with chemistry abeg.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 10:08am On Apr 11
daveP:
Come to think of it, Alozie is a good winger o. If Randy loves to start Kanu and want to sub her off, he should just bring an RB on and make Alozie Play RW. Or preferably, start getting used to starting her at RW and let Kanu come on later. That RW still never get person wey go replace Ordega.

Bottomline is Randy should try allow this babe play her preferred role once or twice at least. Use Friendlies. she has a good cross to start with.
No be Randy's entire fault sha.... You have the like Monday Gift, Esther, Rinsola fighting for spots on the wing. Imagine adding Alozie to that competition, na better headache o.

It is a win win for both party as Alozie is playing RB. Moreso, we don't have a solid RB right now apart from maybe Nicole.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 10:11am On Apr 11
GeneralDae:

In 1999 though we qualified as a top two team.

Thank you.

Should have said first time since 1999

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 10:37am On Apr 11
naptu2:
When Randy Waldrum took over the Super Falcons, we were a team in transition and a team in decline. We had great teams in 2014 and 2016, but some of the players were getting over the hill.

I was annoyed with the NFF at the time because the Falcons went for very long periods without games and coaches between 2016 and 2020 and this did not give us the opportunity to properly assess the players and see where they were at that particular time.

Both Thomas Dennerby and Randy Waldrum have tried to rebuild the team and get them to play in a certain way. I believe that one of the reasons that both coaches got heavily criticised is because of culture.

Culturally, Nigerians love fast paced attacking teams with great wingers. Europeans and Americans often say that African teams are so focused on attacking that they forget to defend. Both Dennerby and Waldrum have tried to change that.

Nobody can seriously say that Waldrum has done nothing for the Falcons because he has helped us transition properly. Oparanozie, Okobi, Ordega, Chikwelu and many others are not with the team, yet we are not suffering, why? Because he has got us replacements. He has brought in a lot of people that we most likely won't have discovered without him.

Just check out our defensive record in the past year. Remember when we were complaining about the midfield (2018 till 2022). I'm sure that people have forgotten about that. Look at our record at the World Cup, look at the fact that he qualified us for the Olympics for the first time since 2008. All of that is his work. You can't say that he hasn't added anything to the team.

Super falcons have never been in dire need of quality players so I don't really understand the bolded.
Same Randy played Rita countless times until he was forced to play Ucheibe. Deborah has always been a quality player from his U20 days. Ayinde has no introduction. Kanu, Oshoala, Ajibade at al were all good players before Randy came on board. Rinsola, despite her quality has not been given enough game time even when those on field are not turning up.

This is a quality team and they should be better than what we're watching now.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 10:43am On Apr 11
mostob:
All these didn't count as achievements please. I'm even surprised you're defending him.

Many of us didn't believe we would get to Rof16 because of Randy's shortcomings. I mean, look at this current squad and imagine the quality they ooze. Bottom line is we're underperforming and that is Randy's fault. Three years at the elm and nothing to show for it. You watched that South Africa match now... Even though we won, was the performance convincing?

We have the squad to compete for this upcoming Olympic but none of us here are even confident we will get third place in our group. Why? Because who we're parading as coach is just there for the sake of it.

Baba your capping. Which quality squad are you refering to? You mean the squad he put together? About half of those current squad who you claim have potential was brought in by Randy.

Respectfully you are saying nonsense. At what stage in the Super Falcons history have we gone beyond the second stage. I won't even do emotions with you just facts. Prior to Randy, we have gone to the second stage of the world cup twice. First in 1999 then in 2019. 1999 is the only time we got iin on merit. In 2019 we did as one of the best losers. Randy did this with what was referred to as the group of death. You seem to be implying we would have done better without Randy. So my question to you is this, when in the Super Falcons history bar 1999 have we done well outside Africa. When did we ever draw teams like England or beat Australia. When did we ever have a close game with the USA. We've beaten Canada just once in our history. Please refer me to when since it appears we were fantastic before Randy came and he just spoilt everything.

This is our World cup Record since 2003 devoid of sentiments or emotions:

In 2003, we lost all the games.
In 2007 we lost 2 games and drew 1.
In 2011 we lost 2 games and won 1.
In 2015, we lost 2 and drew 1
In 2019, we lost 2 and won 1

Then came Randy in 2023, we played a total of 4 games and lost none in regular time, had 3 clean sheets, won 1 and drew 3. . So to make it sound like we have been better than what Randy achieved is factually wrong and just being unreasonable.

And to the Olympics, please which Super Falcons team in history will you say comfortably will do well in that group. Of course we are skeptical about our chances because of the persons we are playing. Spain is World champion and Japan and Brazil are Top ten teams. At what point in history prior to Randy were we confident of picking up results against these teams? Oh maybe a little historical fact will help.

We've been to the Olympics 3 times and played a total of 9 games. We've lost 8 and won 1. So at what point were we better before Randy came?
At what point were we confident of a result better than we have it now?

I am confident that we can compete and could spring up surprises. I however won't pretend like we could have had it better if someone else was at the helms.

So please, leave emotions and answer the questions raised. At what point in our history were we confident of winning against these teams.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 10:45am On Apr 11
mostob:
Super falcons have never been in dire need of quality players so I don't really understand the bolded.
Same Randy played Rita countless times until he was forced to play Ucheibe. Deborah has always been a quality player from his U20 days. Ayinde has no introduction. Kanu, Oshoala, Ajibade at al were all good players before Randy came on board. Rinsola, despite her quality has not been given enough game time even when those on field are not turning up.

This is a quality team and they should be better than what we're watching now.

Nothing to say about this?

naptu2:

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 10:48am On Apr 11
Culture.

naptu2:
This post has been pending for years, mainly because I wanted to analyse each style in depth. Instead of doing that, I'm going to summarise them and get straight to the point.

Every country had its own unique style of football when I was a kid.

Brazil played Joga Bonito (play beautifully). This was characterised by incredible dribbling skills, fantastic passes and basically, eye catching football. (Joga bonito [play beautifully] should not be confused with Jogo Bonito, which means "The Beautiful Game). Brazilian players had great skills and it was said that Brazilian kids in academies were not allowed to play in big open fields, but were instead forced to play in small confined spaces (like indoor football) to improve their close control.

This is the kind of football that I grew up watching because the NTA showed Brazilian Football at 10pm every Sunday in the late 1970s and early 1980s.

The Italian system was Catenaccio. This was characterised by very hard and stingy defences. It was said that, if you were a striker and you succeeded in Serie A, then you could succeed anywhere. Italian defenders were very hard and no-nonsense defenders.

I used to joke that people usually don't notice Italy before major tournaments. They often struggle to qualify, they don't seem impressive, they often grind out 1-0 victories and before anybody realises it, they are in the final.

This old joke was brought to life at USA '94 when Italy was in a crazy group. Every team in that group won a match by 1-0 and it became impossible to separate them. I think they had to toss a coin to separate them, I can't remember for sure.. Yet Italy got to the final of that World Cup.

Argentina played anti-football and that's why I passionately hated them in the 1980s and early 1990s. Their main aim was to deceive the referee. They fell down when nobody touched them, they tried to annoy and unsettle opponents, they played every trick in the book. Diego Maradona was one of the biggest culprits. Just look at his behaviour at Italia '90!

Cameroon had their own version of anti-football. In addition to falling down when nobody touched them and being extremely rough and physical, they also had their own trademark trick. Pray that Cameroon never scores first if you are playing against them. They will completely lose interest in playing normal football.

They play the ball among themselves in their own half and they don't bother to attack you or to try and score. If you threaten them or try to take the ball from them, then they'll simply pass the ball to their goalkeeper who would waste time by holding it.

They used this tactic at the World Cup in 1990 and Italian fans, who were not used to it, whistled and booed. I was used to it, so I was laughing my head off.

It was because of Cameroon's use of this tactic at Italia '90 that FIFA banned backpasses to the goalkeeper.

The Netherlands played Total Football. Every player can play anywhere on the pitch. The Dutch had a succession of excellent goalkeepers that were good with their feet and they were almost like defenders/sweepers. It was like mass attack and mass defence. Their defenders were great in attack and their attackers were great at defending and their passing game was superb. Teamwork was emphasised above individual ability.

In later years, Johan Cruyff took the Dutch total football to Spain and it became Tiki Taka. That relentless possession football and passing game grew at Barcelona and it became Spanish culture.

The Germans had their machine football , which meant that they could soak up any pressure and absorb whatever was thrown at them and kill teams with counter attacking football.

The Ghanaians were called the Brazilians of Africa and they had their own form of joga bonito.

North African teams played anti-football with a lot of gamesmanship and strong defensive football (do not let them score first).

People made fun of English football and called it "Kick and Follow", but they called it Route One football

Nigeria had its exciting attacking football, which was characterised by great wing play and fast paced, adrenaline producing attacks.

And so on and so forth.

The issue is that all these have died in the past few decades. Players from all over the world have migrated to Europe, where they are forced to play a European style of football. Even within Europe, the Bossman Ruling means that teams can be made up entirely of foreigners. European football is also broadcast around the world by satellite and European coaches are coaching national teams and clubsides around the world.

Back when Carlos Dunga was coaching Brazil, people complained that he was making the national team play in an ultra defensive European style, instead of playing Joga Bonito.

This is a very big issue in Nigeria and much of Africa.

Many European coaches believe that African style of football is not a successful style of football. I posted a video of Hugo Broos, the famous former Belgian player and coach, saying that no African country can win the World Cup by playing African style of football. Broos is the coach of South Africa and he made this statement after the recent Nations Cup.

You see, back in the late 1980s, I heard Europeans say that Africans play exciting football, but they are always so focused on attack that they forget to defend (defence, organisation and tactical discipline) and that's why Europeans always beat Africans.

A lot of European and American coaches who come to coach in Africa have this same feeling. This often leads to problems.

Phillipe Trousier, Thomas Dennerby, Jose Paseiro and now Randy Waldrum have come to coach in Nigeria, but they often had problems with the fans, despite achieving success. That's because the fans want to see fast and exciting attacking football, while those coaches focused on strengthening us defensively and grinding out wins. It seems like Nigerians don't mind if we lose, as long as we play attractive attacking football.

We've also had that problem with players like Mikel Obi, Ngozi Okobi and Asisat Oshoala. These players had flair, but they went to Europe and European coaches prioritised efficiency over flair and their style of play changed.

I kind of miss the days when each country had its own style of football.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 11:27am On Apr 11
mostob:
Well, not everybody appreciate mediocrity just like you're doing now.

You're insinuating that I and others who are appreciative of Randy's hard work have no idea of what "hard work" or "quality" is? You've only ended up convincing me that you're an ingrate, that's a terrible attribute to possess.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BankyGee(m): 11:44am On Apr 11
This mostob is just beginning to sound more like a troll and h8ter with every new post. I still wonder where you guys get the strength to type epistles in an effort to let people like this see some things they're just pretending not to see "
'cos of h8te.

Me I no get strength. Let the wailers wail. Leave them.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 2:04pm On Apr 11
lovewins:

Baba your capping. Which quality squad are you refering to? You mean the squad he put together? About half of those current squad who you claim have potential was brought in by Randy.

Respectfully you are saying nonsense. At what stage in the Super Falcons history have we gone beyond the second stage. I won't even do emotions with you just facts. Prior to Randy, we have gone to the second stage of the world cup twice. First in 1999 then in 2019. 1999 is the only time we got iin on merit. In 2019 we did as one of the best losers. Randy did this with what was referred to as the group of death. You seem to be implying we would have done better without Randy. So my question to you is this, when in the Super Falcons history bar 1999 have we done well outside Africa. When did we ever draw teams like England or beat Australia. When did we ever have a close game with the USA. We've beaten Canada just once in our history. Please refer me to when since it appears we were fantastic before Randy came and he just spoilt everything.

This is our World cup Record since 2003 devoid of sentiments or emotions:

In 2003, we lost all the games.
In 2007 we lost 2 games and drew 1.
In 2011 we lost 2 games and won 1.
In 2015, we lost 2 and drew 1
In 2019, we lost 2 and won 1

Then came Randy in 2023, we played a total of 4 games and lost none in regular time, had 3 clean sheets, won 1 and drew 3. . So to make it sound like we have been better than what Randy achieved is factually wrong and just being unreasonable.

And to the Olympics, please which Super Falcons team in history will you say comfortably will do well in that group. Of course we are skeptical about our chances because of the persons we are playing. Spain is World champion and Japan and Brazil are Top ten teams. At what point in history prior to Randy were we confident of picking up results against these teams? Oh maybe a little historical fact will help.

We've been to the Olympics 3 times and played a total of 9 games. We've lost 8 and won 1. So at what point were we better before Randy came?
At what point were we confident of a result better than we have it now?

I am confident that we can compete and could spring up surprises. I however won't pretend like we could have had it better if someone else was at the helms.

So please, leave emotions and answer the questions raised. At what point in our history were we confident of winning against these teams.
Lol.. emotion? Nobody is using emotion here. BTW all what you wrote here are just mere explanations borne out of emotional context.

I already said it, the fear of NFF bringing one local coach to come and disrupt the team is why most fans are putting up with Randy. HE HAS DONE NOTHING EXCEPTIONAL. I have no qualms with the low standard you and others have set for him but the recent matches we have played didn't show any improvement from 2 years ago. I mean you're already bringing out our bad records from previous Olympics to give the man a soft landing in case he fumbled in the Olympic.

People who are contented with mediocrity are the one praising this man. I'm not even asking for anything much. Let this team play like a proper football team. We're you all not complaining during that South Africa matches? Now that I am being blunt, you're saying I'm emotional. SMH
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 2:08pm On Apr 11
CoolJulian:

You're insinuating that I and others who are appreciative of Randy's hard work have no idea of what "hard work" or "quality" is? You've only ended up convincing me that you're an ingrate, that's a terrible attribute to possess.
Ingrate? Well, everybody has different standards. If qualifying for Olympics is as good as winning the WC according to your standard, you might as well pay the man a thank you visit in the US.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 2:09pm On Apr 11
BankyGee:
This mostob is just beginning to sound more like a troll and h8ter with every new post. I still wonder where you guys get the strength to type epistles in an effort to let people like this see some things they're just pretending not to see "
'cos of h8te.

Me I no get strength. Let the wailers wail. Leave them.
Hate? Because I demand more from Randy?

We all know you're a joker. Keep up with it.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by dkay51(m): 2:26pm On Apr 11
mostob:
Clowns? Randy is the clown here please. Udoh is right. Randy is one of the most protected SF coach.
Let's be factual here please, is there anything tangible that Randy has added to this team? Remove the individual brilliance of Nnadozie and the little luck here and there and imagine where we would be by now.

Let's free these journalists please. Nothing exceptional about RW abeg. Moreso, as a player or coach, it is expected to receive criticism. You need to develop tough skin. Why the blocking spree?
Nnadozie was in goal when we chop 8 against France, I agree she has improved from that time but still don't underrate the work Randy has done in defense.

Its his social media account, he has the right to block whoever he wants, the same way journalists call him out, he can choose to call out those he thinks judges him unfairly when has the spotlight.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by dkay51(m): 2:42pm On Apr 11
mostob:
There was a moment yesterday..like the last 10 minutes of the match. The girls were just hoofing the ball anyhow whether there is a teammate there or not.

If you watch this current falcons team, you can tell me how Randy has improved the team tactically.

Lmaaaooo grin grin

Context matters, they are playing the last 10mins of a do or die match which would decide if they qualify for a tournament they haven't been to in the last 16years, and they have the advantage but you want them to be playing tiki taka with that amount of pressure where they're more likely to make mistakes in routine stuff??

Nah, you're just hating at this point!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Kibbs(m): 2:51pm On Apr 11
Instead of you to bring out facts to counter what is being brought before you, all you could do is "He HaS dOnE nOtHiNg ExCePtIoNal"

At this point, anyone who replies you is wasting their time because you can't argue constructively against the facts, just typing opposite the points made and ending it with the same statements over and over again.

mostob:
Lol.. emotion? Nobody is using emotion here. BTW all what you wrote here are just mere explanations borne out of emotional context.
I already said it, the fear of NFF bringing one local coach to come and disrupt the team is why most fans are putting up with Randy. HE HAS DONE NOTHING EXCEPTIONAL. I have no qualms with the low standard you and others have set for him but the recent matches we have played didn't show any improvement from 2 years ago. I mean you're already bringing out our bad records from previous Olympics to give the man a soft landing in case he fumbled in the Olympic.

People who are contented with mediocrity are the one praising this man. I'm not even asking for anything much. Let this team play like a proper football team. We're you all not complaining during that South Africa matches? Now that I am being blunt, you're saying I'm emotional. SMH
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 2:54pm On Apr 11
Kibbs:
Instead of you to bring out facts to counter what is being brought before you, all you could do is "He HaS dOnE nOtHiNg ExCePtIoNal"

At this point, anyone who replies you is wasting their time because you can't argue constructively against the facts, just typing opposite the points made and ending it with the same statements over and over again.

You have actually said nothing.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 3:01pm On Apr 11
dkay51:

Nnadozie was in goal when we chop 8 against France, I agree she has improved from that time but still don't underrate the work Randy has done in defense.

Its his social media account, he has the right to block whoever he wants, the same way journalists call him out, he can choose to call out those he thinks judges him unfairly when has the spotlight.
He has the right of course. But calling out the journalists for criticizing the man based on the team's performance is what I'm against.

Like everyone here wanted him gone after that disastrous AWCON but the euphoria of the Olympic ticket has made many turn blind eyes to his shortcomings.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1056) (1057) (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) ... (1077) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.