Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (1058) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (817122 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1055) (1056) (1057) (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) ... (1077) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 4:31pm On Apr 10
chrisooblog:
I just think as a coach know your onions. Even if journalists hate your guts they will be forced to sing your praises.

Remembering how at the AFCON a few journalists with agenda against JP were forced to bury it when the team was doing well once we lost the final sharp sharp agenda resurrect grin

That said Randy too dey cho cho cho sometimes sha.

Randy dey waste his time talking about them anyway. Unless he loves that gbasgbos. I remember the Jpes own well. I marked a few that were consistent but said nothing when we entered the final. Not even an essay or paragraph. Dem go dey alright. Perhaps they fit themselves. 😅
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Tessyy1701: 4:32pm On Apr 10
daveP:
These guys are clowns mostly. I guess he got fed up cos they were many that stray bullet met the innocent ones too via block button. They need to chill too. It was also most of them that were shouting and analyzing about Local coaches for Super Eagles. Some are obstinate and waiting for the "i told you so" moment. They can't even see the records

If it's one "Gloria Adeola Ifunaya" do you think he will still be our coach after the Nations cup outing in Morocco ?..

The performance at the nations cup, is it worthy of a criticism?...

The same set of journalist, are they not the one calling out NFF for delaying his contract renewal? We have many here that think a college coach doesn't deserve to coach the great SF after that NC too.
We should be factual with ourselve.

I think the criticism then were right, and RW is right for coming out now.. it has been in his mind for so long and what a better to come out than after qualifying your team for the Olympic.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 4:36pm On Apr 10
Tessyy1701:

If it's one "Gloria Adeola Ifunaya" do you think he will still be our coach after the Nations cup outing in Morocco ?..

The performance at the nations cup, is it worthy of a criticism?...

The same set of journalist, are they not the one calling out NFF for delaying his contract renewal? We have many here that think a college coach doesn't deserve to coach the great SF after that NC too.
We should be factual with ourselve.

I think the criticism then were right, and RW is right for coming out now.. it has been in his mind for so long and what a better to come out than after qualifying your team for the Olympic.

Well said then. The Gbasgbos go sweet. He needs a tougher skin.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Tessyy1701: 4:51pm On Apr 10
daveP:

Well said then. The Gbasgbos go sweet. He needs a tougher skin.

Very sweet cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 5:16pm On Apr 10
Not just clowns, Moronic clowns.
It’s okay for them to go around saying disrespectful and hurtful things, calling him a NUGA coach and wanting to pad his CV (even though he is getting peanuts from Nigeria compared to what he had brought to the table) BUT when he rattles their cages a tiny bit, they all come out scampering like the lil’ b!tches they truly are.

Someone talked about developing a ‘thick skin’. The same one Iwobi was supposed to have also? Seriously?? RE, like every human being, has the right to block anyone who is not adding value to him, including naysayers who don’t even have the intelligence to admit when they got it wrong.

For me, his comments prove to me that he truly and genuinely cares about the SF and this project. He has to make them a world class team. Unfortunately, the world is full of arseholes that want nothing more but to derail the good work being done.
daveP:

They're clowns. Yeah. I'll say that. I've been observing the way most of them in the sport terrain moved since covid. Especially the crew that joined voice for local coaches and NPFL things. I didn't say Randy is all excellent. I joined to criticize that year too especially his substitutions

They are pissed at his reaction. Na Randy fall hand sha. Lol. Man overreacted and block the innocent ones join. That's too far. But we can't police how he'd react too. Jpes try o. Man barely addressed those talks.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:29pm On Apr 10
mostob:
Clowns? Randy is the clown here please. Udoh is right. Randy is one of the most protected SF coach.
Let's be factual here please, is there anything tangible that Randy has added to this team? Remove the individual brilliance of Nnadozie and the little luck here and there and imagine where we would be by now.

Let's free these journalists please. Nothing exceptional about RW abeg. Moreso, as a player or coach, it is expected to receive criticism. You need to develop tough skin. Why the blocking spree?

You missed the plot when you said Randy hasn't added anything tangible to the team. That moved from criticism to hating (I used hating for the lack of a better word). I think journalists have a right to criticise Randy and like I said in an earlier post I think his comments were unnecessary and he needs to grow though skin. He's however entitled to block anyone on Twitter if he so chooses. It is his personal page and doesn't prevent any journalist access to him at pre or post match conferences. Elected public officials are the only ones I believe have no right to block citizens on social media spaces.

But to claim all that he's achieved as been by luck is being insincere. It isn't luck to have 10 in 13 clean sheets. It isn't luck to have qualified the team for the second round of the world cup loosing only on penalties and now qualifying the team for the Olympics after 16 years. You don't need to like Randy to acknowledge this, even the journalists you are defending did as much.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:33pm On Apr 10
AkinDS:
It’s okay for them to go around saying disrespectful and hurtful things, calling him a NUGA coach and wanting to pad his CV (even though he is getting peanuts from Nigeria compared to what he had brought to the table) BUT when he rattles their cages a tiny bit, they all come out scampering like the lil’ b!tches they truly are.

Someone talked about developing a ‘thick skin’. The same one Iwobi was supposed to have also? Seriously?? RE, like every human being, has the right to block anyone who is not adding value to him, including naysayers who don’t even have the intelligence to admit when they got it wrong.

For me, his comments prove to me that he truly and genuinely cares about the SF and this project. He has to make them a world class team. Unfortunately, the world is full of arseholes that want nothing more but to derail the good work being done.

On the bolded, yes I did and I am speaking in generic terms not necessarily to the alleged hazing Randy mentioned. This isn't the first time Randy has criticised the Nigerian press. He's done it at least 3 times that I can remember. The vast majority of the things he referenced were when the team was doing badly and the press rightly had to offer criticism. Not expecting one is folly in my opinion. I believe he obviously wasn't familiar with the Nigerian terrain and he's getting used to that now. Being coach of the best team in Africa comes with his own expectations and pressure and he's beginning to live up to that. Initially he didn't.

So yes, he needs to grow a tough skin. Many of the criticisms are fair and valid.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:35pm On Apr 10
naptu2:
Journalists.

Anyways I da among those Blocked by Randy thuooo

1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 5:38pm On Apr 10
I didn't post all the screenshots because of lack of time. Some other journalists said that Randy should be supported because of what he has achieved, but Bode Oguntuyi said that Randy has not achieved anything special or spectacular (I am paraphrasing) and that all he has done is just his job.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:40pm On Apr 10
semid4lyfe:
The most impactful change that Randy Waldrum made that turned around the fortunes of the Super Falcons was dropping Rita Chikwelu from the team.

That lady was an eyesore and impacted our game so negatively and cost the team a lot.

The Saudi League must be a very low quality league cos I can't fathom how that lady was signed by a club and is still making appearances.

Make Ashleigh Plumptre do commot for that league.

The truth is Rita Chikwelu time wit the SuperFalcons supposed to have ended after the 2019 World Cup, but again most of our players don’t leave when the ovation is high.., like when they know too well that their bossy can’t carry it again at the highest level but they will refuse just because they keep on getting invited which I believe the Coaches are also to be blame..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 5:45pm On Apr 10
The other day I wrote about how Randy Waldrum reminded me of Clemens Westerhof because he was taking young Nigerian players to places where they can develop their talents. Well, this back and forth with the media is another thing that reminds me of Westerhof.

I remember how the media campaigned that Westerhof should be sacked after Senegal '92, because Nigeria came third at both Maroc '88 and Algeria '90 and they said that Westerhof brought us down to third in 1992. These things have become kind of normal between Nigerian coaches and the media.

naptu2:
naptu2 post=104299691:
grin

The media has always been terrible and mischievous. I remember what they did to Clemens Westerhof before the 1994 Nations Cup and World Cup. They attacked him and made up stories about him. Some even predicted that Nigeria would be doomed at both tournaments because of Westerhof.

I still have an edition of Complete Football that was published before the World Cup. A certain famous journalist made terrible allegations in that edition, simply because Westerhof kicked him out of the Eagles' camp at Papendal. Westerhof wanted a closed camp, so that the Eagles could concentrate, but this journalist snuck into the centre, so Westerhof had him thrown out.

Anyway, the main reason that I created this post is so that I can post this link. Most of the members of the Super Eagles played in Europe by 1991 and there were no FIFA free days at that time. There were always many club versus country rows. You might remember what happened at Algeria '90. Most of our Europe based players did not attend that Nations Cup because their clubs refused to release them. Stephen Keshi offered to fly himself from Belgium to Algeria for Super Eagles matches and then back to Belgium again for his club matches, but Westerhof rejected the offer because he wanted players that would concentrate on the tournament.

Anyway, Westerhof created a compromise solution after Algeria '90. He personally met with the club coaches of the players in order to reach agreements on how the players would be released for Eagles matches. Instead of camping in Nigeria, as the Eagles previously did, he used the Dutch National Training Centre at Papendal as the Eagles' camp, so that players across Europe could easily and quickly come to the Eagles' camp and then return to their clubs.

Journalists in Nigeria went crazy! They claimed that Westerhof owned Papendal and that was why he made the Eagles camp there. They said that he wanted the money from the camping sessions and that's why he made the Eagles camp there. Please click on this link and read the article. Does it look like Westerhof owns Papendal??

P.s. It was at Papendal that Kanu and Finidi's move to Ajax began. As I said, Westerhof met club coaches in order to ensure that players were released on time. He developed relationships with these coaches for the benefit of the Eagles and the coaches often watched Eagles training sessions at Papendal and their medical staff were allowed to assess the players. Louis Van Gaal was at Papendal and he observed the Eagles' training sessions. He asked Westerhof about Finidi and Kanu and Westerhof told him their strengths and weaknesses (He told Van Gaal that one of them, I've forgotten which, couldn't head) and the rest is history.

National Sports Centre Papendal
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Sports_Centre_Papendal

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Segun Odegbami told Westerhof that the media said that he owns Papendal.

Westerhof said,

"They are building a new hotel there. Papendal is the NSC, National Sports Centre. . National Sports Federation. Everything there is around 25 million guilders, well, that is like over 20 million dollars.

If I have 20 million dollars, do you think I will come here in this country with people who tell me that I'm not honest, that I'm indisciplined, that the players are indiscipline, that I'm not polite to the ambassador in Algiers, you mean I let them do that to me when I have 20 million dollars and Papendal belongs to me? Papendal belongs to the government, it's not for me. I'm not even a shareholder, I have also seen that in the papers, (they say) 'I am shareholder, some of the rich people here in this country are shareholders, why do they support that we must go to Papendal'?

Papendal, I can tell you, is a beautiful place. 13 pitches, like a billiard. The under 17 was there and they want to sleep on the pitch. The former minister of sports, Mr Ikhazoboh was here and he said, "Mr Westerhof, I know now why you want to be here". If I want to train in the night, there is light, there is synthetics.

I was so happy under 17 that we make preparation in Papendal. Then 2 days before we leave for Algiers, the message came, "Make sure that you can play on synthetic". 2 days before we must go to Algiers!

On that moment I must rush rush, it was in the weekend, I must rush rush for boots for synthetic, you cannot go with boots you use on a normal pitch. I did all that, I was happy we were in Papendal, we trained 2 times on synthetic with flood light, so nobody could surprise us and we beat them in Algeria 4-1."

I always loved Westerhoff's interviews, especially when he appeared on Morning Ride or Master Sports. Watch the rest of the interview below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIAZsLM_zpg
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 5:58pm On Apr 10
naptu2:
I didn't post all the screenshots because of lack of time. Some other journalists said that Randy should be supported because of what he has achieved, but Bode Oguntuyi said that Randy has not achieved anything special or spectacular (I am paraphrasing) and that all he has done is just his job.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 5:59pm On Apr 10
mostob:
Clowns? Randy is the clown here please. Udoh is right. Randy is one of the most protected SF coach.
Let's be factual here please, is there anything tangible that Randy has added to this team? Remove the individual brilliance of Nnadozie and the little luck here and there and imagine where we would be by now.

Let's free these journalists please. Nothing exceptional about RW abeg. Moreso, as a player or coach, it is expected to receive criticism. You need to develop tough skin. Why the blocking spree?
grin grin

Normally dem suppose slap you for mouth and eye for this kind of foolish comment.

Wasn't Nnadozie the keeper when we were conceding goals in France 2019? And mind you she was already extremely good then.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 6:18pm On Apr 10
It’s really funny (actually really sad) how some Nigerians think, that’s if they even think at all.

Is goalkeeping not an integral part of a team’s defensive setup?
Has there not been a significant decline on the shots on goal faced by Nnadozie since the implementation of this defensive strategy?
Do you think Nnadozie wouldn’t be thankful to her defense and team for enabling the shutouts she has had? Or does this fellow think it’s just all her?

JohnBullMySon:
grin grin

Normally dem suppose slap you for mouth and eye for this kind of foolish comment.

Wasn't Nnadozie the keeper when we were conceding goals in France 2019? And mind you she was already extremely good then.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:23pm On Apr 10
[quote author=naptu2 post=129369540][/quote]

This is all shades of wrong. This is just bad belle. There are people like this but they are quite frankly in the minority. Tega is also one I've known to criticise Randy without merit. I've come across a few like that and don't take them very seriously any longer.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by M7even(m): 8:42pm On Apr 10
lovewins:
Randy Waldrum has a good problem, that is, picking 18 players to make the roster for the Olympics game and 4 Alternates.

If you were Randy, who will make your list? The list obviously could change as events unfold, but who will make your list right now?

Mine is below:

Goalkeepers:
1. Chiamaka Nnadozie
2. Tochukwu oluehi

Defenders:
3. Osinachi Ohale
4.Ashleigh Plumptre
5. Blessing Demehin
6 Michelle Alozie
7. Nicole Payne
8. Chidinma Okeke

Midfielders:
9. Deborah Abiodun
10. Halimatu Ayinde
11. Christy Ucheibe
12. Jennifer Echegini
13. Rasheedat Ajibade
14. Toni Payne

Forwards:
15. Omorinsola Babajide
16. Esther Okoronkwo
17. Asisat Oshoala
18. Uchenna Kanu

Alternates
19. Linda Jiwuaku
20. Chinwendu Ihezuo
21. Gift Monday
22. Ifeoma Onumonu

Injury and fitness level of the players is another factor before the Olympics starts

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 8:43pm On Apr 10
AkinDS:

4 years observation about how they talk and drop analysis and it shows that many of them have bad mouth. I won't because i criticized Randy heavily that year refrain from noticing this very one. It's like Ketekete Effect

If he doesn't talk, they'll keep talking, trying to force reaction from him. He reacted now and they're still doing like no be dem start am, 😂

Anyway if it will make him focused more, welcome by me. ,😆
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:49pm On Apr 10
naptu2:
May God bless that Bode Oguntuyi. I repeat, he has done nothing exceptional. The recent minor successes have erased the 'turbulent' days from our memories that's why nobody is talking about his shortcomings. Randy has done nothing exceptional to have the gut to go against those journalists. Unless their criticisms are unrelated to football. The fear of his successor been worse is why he is not getting the sticks from the fans.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:51pm On Apr 10
JohnBullMySon:
grin grin

Show that post to your elders at home. Let them use simple English to explain it to you. And you should mind how you go about insulting people on the internet. The world is smaller than you think.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 8:54pm On Apr 10
I go tire for some people here ooo,

A Coach give us Olympic ticket after 16 full years, than more than a decade ahbi name Century,

Yet our Journalists whose specialization is as toxic as they came, always looking for something bad to report, even in the face of many goods, they will still find fault,

Fuxk Colin and all those that supported him, fuxk them all, assholes, if it's easy let them go and Coach theirs too,

Awon Ewu-Gambias 😠😠
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:55pm On Apr 10
There was a moment yesterday..like the last 10 minutes of the match. The girls were just hoofing the ball anyhow whether there is a teammate there or not.

If you watch this current falcons team, you can tell me how Randy has improved the team tactically.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 8:56pm On Apr 10
mostob:
Show that post to your elders at home. Let them use simple English to explain it to you. And you should mind how you go about insulting people on the internet. The world is smaller than you think.

Bros normally you no try for that post abeg, e dey pain me sef
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 8:58pm On Apr 10
mostob:
There was a moment yesterday..like the last 10 minutes of the match. The girls were just hoofing the ball anyhow whether there is a teammate there or not.

If you watch this current falcons team, you can tell me how Randy has improved the team tactically.

What you should be asking is, why where they holding, and roofing the ball to kingdom come the last 10 minutes

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:04pm On Apr 10
lovewins:

You missed the plot when you said Randy hasn't added anything tangible to the team. That moved from criticism to hating (I used hating for the lack of a better word). I think journalists have a right to criticise Randy and like I said in an earlier post I think his comments were unnecessary and he needs to grow though skin. He's however entitled to block anyone on Twitter if he so chooses. It is his personal page and doesn't prevent any journalist access to him at pre or post match conferences. Elected public officials are the only ones I believe have no right to block citizens on social media spaces.

But to claim all that he's achieved as been by luck is being insincere. It isn't luck to have 10 in 13 clean sheets. It isn't luck to have qualified the team for the second round of the world cup loosing only on penalties and now qualifying the team for the Olympics after 16 years. You don't need to like Randy to acknowledge this, even the journalists you are defending did as much.
Bro... man has added nothing to the team. We all watched thee recent double header against South Africa. Did the team's display give you any confidence that we will even get a point at the Olympic? Yea...we qualified but be sincere, how was the performance? Which tactic did he employed? What has been the team's pattern of play? Tell me. For the first time in years, we failed to finish on the podium in AWCON under this same man. Yet you all are pampering him.

You mentioned the England match... A match that shouldn't have gone to PK. We all watched the match FFS.
And individual brilliance played a bigger role in the 10 clean sheets you mentioned. Nothing tactically proved it is solely Randy's inputs.

Inasmuch as the criticisms from the journalists are onfield and football related, Randy has no right picking fight with them. Insults and abuse are what I can't defend.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:06pm On Apr 10
daveP:

They're clowns. Yeah. I'll say that. I've been observing the way most of them in the sport terrain moved since covid. Especially the crew that joined voice for local coaches and NPFL things. I didn't say Randy is all excellent. I joined to criticize that year too especially his substitutions

They are pissed at his reaction. Na Randy fall hand sha. Lol. Man overreacted and block the innocent ones join. That's too far. But we can't police how he'd react too. Jpes try o. Man barely addressed those talks.
Well...they have their own issues but Randy firing back because they criticize him is the issue. I mean, you yourself ain't doing exceptional and you wan dey raise arm.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:12pm On Apr 10
semid4lyfe:

Colin Udoh criticized Randy Waldrum during the WAFCON........rightfully so if I may add, and was pushing for his sack after the tournament while lowkey lobbying for his wife Mercy Akide to be appointed as coach.

Still, Randy Waldrum is immature and unprofessional for blocking the sports journalists.
It is normal to criticize if you're not doing well. Super Falcons is a big brand in Africa and it is a shame to see the current state of the team.

If the criticisms are performance related, I see nothing wrong. Why blocking journalists?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:13pm On Apr 10
Deltamani:

Anyways I da among those Blocked by Randy thuooo
Man must have been keenly following you on nairaland. I remember you gave him some heat back then.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:15pm On Apr 10
do4luv14:

Bros normally you no try for that post abeg, e dey pain me sef
Whether e pain you or not no concern me. I don't support mediocrity.

By the time other countries are catching up with us, na that time the pain go enter your bone marrow.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:18pm On Apr 10
do4luv14:

What you should be asking is, why where they holding, and roofing the ball to kingdom come the last 10 minutes
There is absolutely..like absolutely no valid or sensible reason for playing that rubbish.

Tactically, the more you hoof the ball to the opponent, the greater the pressure you're inviting. A sensible coach would have maybe go with a 2-man attack. At least there would be recipients for those long balls. This is a basic tactic bro.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:28pm On Apr 10
Bompastor is expected to leave Lyon and take over Chelsea this summer after Emma Hayes departs, per Tom Garry/Telegraph Football.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:38pm On Apr 10
Nigeria SuperFalcons Midfielders Amanda Mbadi and Regina Otu…

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 9:42pm On Apr 10
mostob:

mostob:
This UK wey you dey, one day..you will need to drop proof.
Trust me, shame dey catch me as I dey read the trash you wrote here. Na swear or what?

You made a blunder at first. In an attempt to rectify it, you ended up ridiculing and sacrificing yourself. To what end abeg?
grin grin grin grin grin

After telling someone else the same thing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1055) (1056) (1057) (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) ... (1077) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.