Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,322 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (1066) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (804541 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1063) (1064) (1065) (1066) (1067) (1068) (1069) ... (1072) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:00pm On Apr 20
Deltamani:
87” Lyon W (3) — (2) PSG W

44' Katoto M-A. (Baltimore S.) [PSG]
48' Katoto M-A. [PSG]
80' Diani K. (Carpenter E.) [LYO]
85' Dumornay D. M. (Renard W.) [LYO]
86' Majri A. () [LYO]

How can you concede 3 goals in 6 minutes? How?

This is just ridiculous.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:06pm On Apr 20
lovewins:

This is just ridiculous.

Imagine PSG squandering a two goal lead, giving Lyon the upper hand in the Women's Champions League… I wasn’t expecting that result at all, the moment they scored 2 I just said in my mind the game will end (1-2) if Lyon manage to get back..

But PSG play them year after year but you still can't handle them🥹
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 8:26pm On Apr 20
Deltamani:

I love it when the no.9 is always Aggressive and Speedy upfront! Ramirez is a bully i swear! Coach Emma Hayed did well to render Aitana useless in the game, all her moves where fruitless. What Barca is Lacking is the Toch of Toughness which they need to find Solution to!
Make Randy just bring MacLean on. Things to do to a tired defense....

That's why i miss Desire.

If we are clinical with Spain, we should hurt them. Finishing and inbox decision making are the two culprits for us since WWC.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 8:29pm On Apr 20
mostob:
I didn't watch the game. Even though, I wouldn't cite Oshoala's absence as the reason they lost, but na God catch them sha. I don't know why they couldn't let this season finish before letting Asisat go.
No wonder.

I'm not a Zee fan lately. But if you watched that game, her coming on was the perfect bench decision if she was still there. It was her kinda game. Fact

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 8:35pm On Apr 20
Deltamani:

If Alozie brings back her World Cup form fine, she can compete if not we would be needing a stubborn Right Back of either Okeke or Nicole!

Going physical against Spain with strong tackles and render them useless as they can’t compete, Infact going toe-to-toe with them like pressing them from their Box, wining our 1-V-1 battles will help. Parauello can’t really beat Ohale and Demehin if they go on a foot race for the ball as they’re also quick and you can hardly catch them off guard..

Salma can only take advantage of a distracted defence imo. If eye full dey shine with man marking, o pari. Hayes really made them use wings today. Funny enough, the few times they got a middle opening, they just wasted it by hesitating to shoot/Carter was fast in close down. Ashleigh at LB or Okeke, which do you prefer vs Spain? I feel Ashleigh will suit the Japan game more.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 9:35pm On Apr 20
lovewins:

This is just ridiculous.

Very ridiculous. But i won't be surprised fatigue played a huge part in that. Infact for Barca game i kept wondering why they play games during the day.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:49pm On Apr 20
daveP:

Salma can only take advantage of a distracted defence imo. If eye full dey shine with man marking, o pari. Hayes really made them use wings today. Funny enough, the few times they got a middle opening, they just wasted it by hesitating to shoot/Carter was fast in close down. Ashleigh at LB or Okeke, which do you prefer vs Spain? I feel Ashleigh will suit the Japan game more.

Any of them will do but Randy will definitely go with Plumptre there as her ball playing and going forward is better than Okeke’ down!

The Battle against Spain will definitely be in the Midfield, if you can Mark out Aitana Bonmati you have reduced them to 50%, then Mariona it’s Finnish..

I will go with Ayinde and Ucheibe as my double pivot in Midfield with Ayinde doing the Marking as she did to Lauren James! Ucheibe to cover the rest ground left as she’s more like a two player. Once Ayinde tire out bring in Deborah Abiodun to close the game..

Attacking Midfield I will go with Toni Payne ahead of Echegini as we need someone who can hold the ball well, drive and dribble her way through to feed the forwards, Echegini will be better as Sub in that game as she tends to lose the ball occasionally( Probably because our forwards are a bit far away and out of position)..

Ajibade will have to bring her A game against Ona Battle!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:03pm On Apr 20
daveP:
Make Randy just bring MacLean on. Things to do to a tired defense....

That's why i miss Desire.

If we are clinical with Spain, we should hurt them. Finishing and inbox decision making are the two culprits for us since WWC.

Right now I don’t think Chinonyerem Macleans is in Randy Waldrum mind.

Macleans is the only well built no.9 that’s of same Physique as Desire Oparanozie but still not at Opagoal level as it stands.. She probably need to move to the Bigger Leagues as some persons here still don’t rate the Russian Women’s League high..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 10:11pm On Apr 20
Deltamani:

Any of them will do but Randy will definitely go with Plumptre there as her ball playing and going forward is better than Okeke’ down!

The Battle against Spain will definitely be in the Midfield, if you can Mark out Aitana Bonmati you have reduced them to 50%, then Mariona it’s Finnish..

I will go with Ayinde and Ucheibe as my double pivot in Midfield with Ayinde doing the Marking as she did to Lauren James! Ucheibe to cover the rest ground left as she’s more like a two player. Once Ayinde tire out bring in Deborah Abiodun to close the game..

Attacking Midfield I will go with Toni Payne ahead of Echegini as we need someone who can hold the ball well, drive and dribble her way through to feed the forwards, Echegini will be better as Sub in that game as she tends to lose the ball occasionally( Probably because our forwards are a bit far away and out of position)..

Ajibade will have to bring her A game against Ona Battle!

Randy needs to work on the midfield-attack connect. We no get midfield before. Now everywhere don full. Time to mould something. I hope nff grants his request so any potential fumble will not be on them as usual.

Funny enough, na this kind Game JOE dey thrive o. But Payne it is. Rash should be a pain if we refuse to let them score. That's why i still believe our main problem in that Group na Japan. Those guys move like a pack of Cards tied together with Miyazawa doing like breeze
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:36pm On Apr 20
Uchenna Kanu scores…. A Brilliant Header 😇

26” Racing Louisville (1) — (0) Utah Royals
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:36pm On Apr 20
Uchenna Kanu scores

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 10:41pm On Apr 20
Deltamani:

Right now I don’t think Chinonyerem Macleans is in Randy Waldrum mind.

Macleans is the only well built no.9 that’s of same Physique as Desire Oparanozie but still not at Opagoal level as it stands.. She probably need to move to the Bigger Leagues as some persons here still don’t rate the Russian Women’s League high..
i doubt Ihezuo will bring what we need in terms of Finishing sha. Good presser and bully but not impressed as regards goals threat. Besides, Ify go dey camp but no mins. Will she be shadowed off like Yewande soon?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:20pm On Apr 20
daveP:
i doubt Ihezuo will bring what we need in terms of Finishing sha. Good presser and bully but not impressed as regards goals threat. Besides, Ify go dey camp but no mins. Will she be shadowed off like Yewande soon?

Iffy is even nursing an Ankle injury right now, hope she heals fast and gets on track as her spot is certainly on threat which she knows..!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Bascovanveli2: 12:38am On Apr 21
Oshoala don enter one chance
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:29am On Apr 21
Bascovanveli2:
Oshoala don enter one chance

Hmm 🧐

Because the of Bay FC Performance ahbi wetin u mean?? And I hope You ain’t forgetting that it’s an expansion team.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Bascovanveli2: 1:58am On Apr 21
Deltamani:

Hmm 🧐

Because the of Bay FC Performance ahbi wetin u mean?? And I hope You ain’t forgetting that it’s an expansion team.

If u are watching wat I am watching u will easily know what I am talking about.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 10:25am On Apr 21
Zambia and Malawi.

Rachael Kudananji and Temwa Chawinga.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:39pm On Apr 21
I was so annoyed watching that Bay fc game lol. How can u be a so called expansion team and u are trying to play like prime Barcelona U see it is not working but have zero plan Bs. I mean almost all their goals were self imposed. Then the worst part is how clueless and naive they are defensively. Well at least there is no relegation in this league

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:04pm On Apr 21
BascoVanVeli:
I was so annoyed watching that Bay fc game lol. How can u be a so called expansion team and u are trying to play like prime Barcelona U see it is not working but have zero plan Bs. I mean almost all their goals were self imposed. Then the worst part is how clueless and naive they are defensively. Well at least there is no relegation in this league

You dah Para oooo

The thing vex me Yesterday Night sha, But mk I move on.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 5:10pm On Apr 21
BascoVanVeli:

I was wondering about that at the beginning when they were building their team. A lot of the players said that they spoke to the coach and that his vision was that they should play exciting and attacking possession football. That's what big teams play! You are a new team, how are you sure that you can impose your style on others? You'll simply end up leaving spaces for more experienced teams to exploit.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:28pm On Apr 21
Mercy Idoko scores vs Braga

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:44pm On Apr 21
naptu2:

I was wondering about that at the beginning when they were building their team. A lot of the players said that they spoke to the coach and that his vision was that they should play exciting and attacking possession football. That's what big teams play! You are a new team, how are you sure that you can impose your style on others? You'll simply end up leaving spaces for more experienced teams to exploit.

I feel their team in better suited to play like Kansas City. That pattern takes a while to enter

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:44pm On Apr 21
Deltamani:

You dah Para oooo

The thing vex me Yesterday Night sha, But mk I move on.

U and me both grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:47pm On Apr 21
BascoVanVeli:

I feel their team in better suited to play like Kansas City. That pattern takes a while to enter

Exactly considering they have Oshoala and Kundananji upfront who can play the role of Chawinga and Bia then Deyna who will play Debernado role behind the Strikers but again Deyna always spoil most of their attacking runs with her moves especially her choice of who to pass to when the forward already made the runs..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:51pm On Apr 21
This Performance in Poland🇵🇱 actually earned Macleans Chinonyerem a spot in the SuperFalcons 2022 WAFCON Squad and a big move to Lokomotive Moscow in Russia🇷🇺!

I feel Randy didn’t give her a good game time to prove herself..!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OirxmxBfdsQ?feature=shared

• She’s that Typical no.9 we’re Lacking Right now
• Jump Power and Heading Accuracy
• Positionally good
• She’s very physical
• Good Hold up play
• Very Quick, Shooting Power & Accuracy
• Deadly in front of goal (A shoot on site kind of no.9)
• Uses both feet’s effectively..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 6:40pm On Apr 21
Based on her performance in training sessions during the 2022 WAFCON and her appearance against Botswana, it was obvious she wasn't up to scratch. Not sure what other 'opportunities' you were looking for.
You sold us on all the so called attributes for a No. 9 you listed below. But when it was time for her to perform on the big stage, she flubbed.
Deltamani:
This Performance in Poland🇵🇱 actually earned Macleans Chinonyerem a spot in the SuperFalcons 2022 WAFCON Squad and a big move to Lokomotive Moscow in Russia🇷🇺!

I feel Randy didn’t give her a good game time to prove herself..!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OirxmxBfdsQ?feature=shared

• She’s that Typical no.9 we’re Lacking Right now
• Jump Power and Heading Accuracy
• Positionally good
• She’s very physical
• Good Hold up play
• Very Quick, Shooting Power & Accuracy
• Deadly in front of goal (A shoot on site kind of no.9)
• Uses both feet’s effectively..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:53pm On Apr 21
So Carter really bodied Salma Paralluelo Yesterday in the UEFA Women’s Champions League game..!

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:56pm On Apr 21
AkinDS:
Based on her performance in training sessions during the 2022 WAFCON and her appearance against Botswana, it was obvious she wasn't up to scratch. Not sure what other 'opportunities' you were looking for.
You sold us on all the so called attributes for a No. 9 you listed below. But when it was time for her to perform on the big stage, she flubbed.

How sure are you that she really did flopped in the Training and 2022 WAFCON? Cause you are not there in Training with the team, the only time you saw her Play for 9ja was the WAFCON game against Burundi and that minute isn’t enough to access a player!.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:21pm On Apr 21
Onyi Zogg is a 𝐒𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐂𝐮𝐩 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 📸🏆🥇

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:08pm On Apr 21
Ashleigh Plumptre released this picture on her Instagram page after having a successful surgery. It appears she's been playing with it for quite some time and finally decided to deal with it.

Wishing are speedy recovery. Hopefully she's back in time for the Olympics.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:11pm On Apr 21
lovewins:
Ashleigh Plumptre released this picture on her Instagram page after having a successful surgery. It appears she's been playing with it for quite some time and finally decided to deal with it.

Wishing are speedy recovery. Hopefully she's back in time for the Olympics.

Back before the Olympics ke?🙀🙀

It’s a Right Foot Surgery, 3 Months to Olympic Games..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:43pm On Apr 21
Coincidence?

Almost everyone here no dey play for Falcons right now. Combined minutes....phew.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1063) (1064) (1065) (1066) (1067) (1068) (1069) ... (1072) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: isan(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.