Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (1063) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (801999 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) (1064) (1065) (1066) ... (1071) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:48am On Apr 14
🇳🇬 Wendie Renard..!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:30pm On Apr 14
🇳🇬/🇩🇪 Former Germany Youth International Melissa Ugochukwu Currently Playing for Fc Basel in the Swiss Women’s Football League with 8goals in 14games..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:35pm On Apr 14
Ugochukwu has Nigerian background through her father's lineage.

Since debuting for Bayern Munich's U17 team in the 2017-2018 season, the 2003-born striker has been involved in 37 games in the B-Juniorinnen U17 Bundesliga SĂĽd, scoring an impressive 19 goals.

Melissa Chidera Ugochukwu 21yrs has not been capped by Germany at the Senior Level but she is believed to be on the radar of the German Football Association, having represented Bayern's regional selection.

The most notable player of Nigerian descent to represent Germany's Women's teams is Navina Omilade-Keller who won the Champions League with Wolfsburg in 2013 and Ugochukwu could follow in her footsteps if she is not convinced to pledge her allegiance to the Super Falcons.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:51pm On Apr 14
Fc Basel former Germany Youth International Defender Gloria Sedami Adigo 20yrs

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:16pm On Apr 14
Nobody but Francisca Mlumun Ordega who can’t stop scoring she score in 47 mnts for her club wfccska to record 4:2 win at home in Russia 🇷🇺 league!

League TopScorer with 6goals in 5games

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 1:40pm On Apr 14
Deltamani:
Nobody but Francisca Mlumun Ordega who can’t stop scoring she score in 47 mnts for her club wfccska to record 4:2 win at home in Russia 🇷🇺 league!

League TopScorer with 6goals in 5games
Hmm is she making a statement to us?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:43pm On Apr 14
GeneralDae:

Hmm is she making a statement to us?

No she's not. The Russian league is poor. Also had a lot of goals last season, but flopped each time she got to play for the national team.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:32pm On Apr 14
Gift Monday started the game as a 9 but now she moves to the wing with Rinsola going off for Bloom.

Onyenezide on the bench, Ajakaye not.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:41pm On Apr 14
lovewins:

No she's not. The Russian league is poor. Also had a lot of goals last season, but flopped each time she got to play for the national team.

The Russian league is definitely not poor and i don't think Ordega was scoring like this last season. Even if she was that's no reason to brush her off like that.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 3:03pm On Apr 14
Deltamani:
Ugochukwu has Nigerian background through her father's lineage.

Since debuting for Bayern Munich's U17 team in the 2017-2018 season, the 2003-born striker has been involved in 37 games in the B-Juniorinnen U17 Bundesliga SĂĽd, scoring an impressive 19 goals.

Melissa Chidera Ugochukwu 21yrs has not been capped by Germany at the Senior Level but she is believed to be on the radar of the German Football Association, having represented Bayern's regional selection.

The most notable player of Nigerian descent to represent Germany's Women's teams is Navina Omilade-Keller who won the Champions League with Wolfsburg in 2013 and Ugochukwu could follow in her footsteps if she is not convinced to pledge her allegiance to the Super Falcons.
Hope that Radar is on sha? She hasn't said anything about Nigeria i guess.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:24pm On Apr 14
lovewins:

Calm down the Russian League isn’t poor and stop talking down on that league anytime we put up stuffs here from Russia 🇷🇺.

Last season she did well but currently she seems to have found her rhythm! By the way Ordega isn’t known for scoring many goals but Playmaking from the flanks and Assisting but right now she seems to have improved a lot on her goal scoring by the way she’s just 30 and still have a chance of Playing for the SuperFalcons!

Incase you need their League game Clips I can drop them here for you to watch before jumping into Conclusion..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:30pm On Apr 14
BascoVanVeli:

The Russian league is definitely not poor and i don't think Ordega was scoring like this last season. Even if she was that's no reason to brush her off like that.

Thank You as if say Fransisca Ordega have never been a good player before now, Apart from Stella Mbachu (46yrs) and Vera Okolo (39yrs) who would have stayed longer in the team if not for her injury and dispute with the NFF in 2007 no winger in the SuperFalcons Played up to Franny Level till date…

If you’re to pick 3 Wingers to have graced the game for Nigeria Franny is definitely among the top3 Pick till date!

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 4:14pm On Apr 14
isan:
I think she can play everywhere along the backline she can slot in as DMF too
Ok
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 4:17pm On Apr 14
Deltamani:

Calm down the Russian League isn’t poor and stop talking down on that league anytime we put up stuffs here from Russia 🇷🇺.

Last season she did well but currently she seems to have found her rhythm! By the way Ordega isn’t known for scoring many goals but Playmaking from the flanks and Assisting but right now she seems to have improved a lot on her goal scoring by the way she’s just 30 and still have a chance of Playing for the SuperFalcons!

Incase you need their League game Clips I can drop them here for you to watch before jumping into Conclusion..

First, I reserve the right to call poor the league I consider so. The Russian league isn't one I take seriously, just like I don't take the Finnish or Israeli league seriously. By calling it poor it's in comparison to other leagues like Sweden or even Portugal which I think is making a case for itself with what Benfica did at the Champions League.

What is the level of competition there, which top player Plies their trade there? Can you name any player in the league ranked amongst the Top 100 female players in the world? Just one of their teams is ranked in the top 100 clubs in Europe and it is closer to 100 than it is to the top.

So yes, just like the Saudi League it is not a league I take seriously so my opinion on a player who scores numerous goals there will be measured hence my comments. I was willing to give the benefit of doubt last season when she was also scoring a lot of goals despite my skepticism. She however didn't live up to the hype when given the chance.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naijaseeker: 4:19pm On Apr 14
Deltamani:

Thank You as if say Fransisca Ordega have never been a good player before now, Apart from Stella Mbachu (46yrs) and Vera Okolo (39yrs) who would have stayed longer in the team if not for her injury and dispute with the NFF in 2007 no winger in the SuperFalcons Played up to Franny Level till date…

If you’re to pick 3 Wingers to have graced the game for Nigeria Franny is definitely among the top3 Pick till date!

As in. She is in the top 3 and for clarity, I do not think we can say who is the best. Vera shined very brightly but very briefly. Who knows what would have happened. Stella was the most consistent and ordega is the best known internationally. They were all really good and in their days we would be assured of flank pressing. So let us give her all the dues.

I do not think she should be back though for a couple of reasons. 1. Team chemistry. This is not her team. Her team disbanded in 2019 and Oshoala and Ohale are enough for the neceesary guide and transitioning. This is the Under 20 (2016-18) team, so disrupting their chemistry is unfair. Further, there has being blends from foreign bred Nigerians so balancing this chemistry is critical.

2. Her skill is not that critical for now. SF has enough strikers and wingers. What we rally need is a holding and creative mid fielder, an Okobi fool stop, A Midfielder who can hold, distribute and control tha attacking pace. Echegini scores but I have not seen her create the Okobi type of magics. Maybe Tony Payne or Ajibade may be converted to adapt as they are the closest we have for now. ,
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 4:20pm On Apr 14
Deltamani:

Baba, don't change the goal post. The argument isn't about who Ordega used to be but what she's able to bring to the table now. No one is thrashing her contribution to the national team. It's the same sentiments you share with Onome so don't make it seem like she's being accessed unfairly. Was she a good player? Yes she was. Is she still at that level? No she isn't. My opinion anyway.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 4:46pm On Apr 14
naijaseeker:

As in. She is in the top 3 and for clarity, I do not think we can say who is the best. Vera shined very brightly but very briefly. Who knows what would have happened. Stella was the most consistent and ordega is the best known internationally. They were all really good and in their days we would be assured of flank pressing. So let us give her all the dues.

I do not think she should be back though for a couple of reasons. 1. Team chemistry. This is not her team. Her team disbanded in 2019 and Oshoala and Ohale are enough for the neceesary guide and transitioning. This is the Under 20 (2016-18) team, so disrupting their chemistry is unfair. Further, there has being blends from foreign bred Nigerians so balancing this chemistry is critical.

2. Her skill is not that critical for now. SF has enough strikers and wingers. What we rally need is a holding and creative mid fielder, an Okobi fool stop, A Midfielder who can hold, distribute and control tha attacking pace. Echegini scores but I have not seen her create the Okobi type of magics. Maybe Tony Payne or Ajibade may be converted to adapt as they are the closest we have for now. ,
Esther Oyenezide is that midfielder. Just give her like a year.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:51pm On Apr 14
🚨Chelsea humbled by Manchester United in the semifinals of the women’s FA Cup.

United advance to the final where Tottenham Hotspur, who defeated Leicester City after extra time, awaits.

FT: Manchester United 2-1 Chelsea

#FACup

Emma Hayes farewell season turning into Klopp's
bottling 2 trophies in a short period of time

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:02pm On Apr 14
Big away win for Favour Emmanuel and Macleans Chinonyerem in Russia 🇷🇺 league as they secured 0:4 away against FK Rostov Women

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:53pm On Apr 14
In Turkey!
Glory Ogbonna (LB), Mary Ologbosere (RB), Vivian Ikechukwu (FW)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:02pm On Apr 14
You are in the Spirit. OnyeneZIDANE's time is coming in the Super Falcons.

GeneralDae:

Esther Oyenezide is that midfielder. Just give her like a year.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:01am On Apr 15
Oshoala and Kundananji start for Bay
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 1:51am On Apr 15
I started hearing complaints about this on the radio around November or December and yet it still hasn't been resolved.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 1:53am On Apr 15
naptu2:
I started hearing complaints about this on the radio around November or December and yet it still hasn't been resolved.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 1:54am On Apr 15
End

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:00am On Apr 15
Oshoala goes down but I think its fatigue
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:02am On Apr 15
Oshoala golazo grin wat an effort
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:03am On Apr 15
BascoVanVeli:
Oshoala golazo grin wat an effort

Chai!! Hand ball. Goal cancelled
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:24am On Apr 15
Bay FC W (3)—(2) Reign W

⚽️ 27' Sharples K. (Own goal) [REI]
⚽️ 49' Sharples K. (Menges E.) [BAY]
⚽️ 59' Loera A. [BAY]
⚽️ 83' Balcer B. (Ji So-Yun) [REI]
⚽️ 87' Anderson J. (KIng S.) () [BAY]

Substituted at 90+8' with Beattie J coming in for (Oshoala A.)

Asisat Oshoala assisted goal was ruled out for an offside, her goal ruled out for an Hand Ball… If she can give this for the SuperFalcons for at least 70minutes then i see no reason we’re struggling upfront as she presses well, do the runs behind the ball Infact almost everything needed of a no.9!

Her combination with RK is on point too, she really needs to give more when it comes to the Nigerian jersey as it’s very clear that she doesn’t give same At National Team level..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Queenslander(f): 3:45am On Apr 15
Deltamani:
Zambia Women’s National Team Midfielder Prisca Chilufya
You mean Zambia's men national team midfielder?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 1:06pm On Apr 15
An absolute disgrace! The level of incompetence at CAF is astounding!
This folly lies squarely at the feet of these two people:
1. Meskerem Tadesse Goshime, an Ethiopian and CAF Head of Women's football
2. Samson Adamu, a Nigerian and CAF Director of Competition and Events.
Two grossly incompetent people who need to be relieved of their jobs ASAP!
naptu2:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 1:21pm On Apr 15
It's Ewa Pajor.

There have been rumours in the past 48 hours that Barcelona is signing a new striker. I guess we now know who it is.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) (1064) (1065) (1066) ... (1071) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.