Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (806923 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (1073) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:30pm On Oct 10, 2019
sanpipita:
Dennerby resigns, hope he isn't trying to milk our non Olympics qualification

He resign immediately after the game against Algeria....
The NFF top officials have been interfering in his Selection of Players..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 10:27pm On Oct 10, 2019
Nigeria didn't qualify for Olympic in 2012 , 2016 and ajibade is no where near team ....u are a disgusting human being everybody knows the NFF bleeped up the falcons tribalism has eaten deep into your skull u better free your mind Ajibade is doing pretty well in her club they top 5 in the table
Dedetwo:

Please do not tell me you are okay with mediocrity. So AWCON is now world class competition we were talking about. Even in the AWCON, the Falcons which included Ajibade mightily struggled to eke out a win through penalty shootout with Cameroon. If she has not been a bench member of the team in AWCON, the regrettable win would have been a colossal failure. I guess it is not funny to you that Nigerian Falcons could not qualify to play on a world stage event such as Olympics because of Ivory Coast.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 10:33pm On Oct 10, 2019
U called Nigeria a zoo why do u care about the super falcons and her players ? Stay in politics section we don't want a tribalism here
Dedetwo:

One time star yet paraded as if she is a thing of daily occurrence. The dumbass coaches do not have the gut to start her from the bench. Now the masters of mediocrity have named her the team captain. Uchenna Kanu or other notable strikers should be brought into the team to challenge Oshoala, period.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 1:00am On Oct 11, 2019
The truth is Nigeria as a federation entity is dying due to gross incompetence and inefficiency caused by nepotism and corruption. First to go are the non-critical things, all none important sports are dying, female soccer died earlier this week, it is a cancer it will spread to the super eagles, then to every other part, if your state Government isn't at least trying to do something, then I pity your future if you are still in Nigeria 3 years from now with no Immigration plans.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:03am On Oct 11, 2019
Dede kicks against equal pay for Eagles, Falcons

punchng.com

Oct 11, 2019

Former Super Falcons goalkeeper, Precious Dede, has faulted the agitation for equal pay for the Super Eagles and Super Falcons players.

Former Falcons’ captain, Desire Oparanozie, had in July renewed the call for equal pay between the men and women footballers, which reportedly led to her exclusion from the team.

Dede said there was a need for the Nigeria Football Federation to upgrade the payment of the Falcons, but added that it shouldn’t be in the same range with that of the men’s.

When asked about her take on the agitation for equal pay, Dede told The PUNCH, “I don’t think it is possible for the women players to be paid the same thing with the Super Eagles.

“This is because they are guys and it is not done anywhere. But at least, they should raise the women’s team members’ pay to a reasonable amount but not equal rate with the guys.”

When asked if the Falcons’ were well-treated, Dede said, “No, they (NFF) have not been treating them well till date.”

She, however, cautioned Falcons captain Asisat Oshoala to be cautious in dealing with officials of the NFF, coaching crew and players.

Speaking on what worked for her as a captain of the women’s national team, Dede said, “Once you humble yourself, you will be able to manage so many things. Even when officials and players are saying the wrong thing, I listen to them and move on.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Dedetwo(m): 12:18am On Oct 12, 2019
isan:
Nigeria didn't qualify for Olympic in 2012 , 2016 and ajibade is no where near team ....u are a disgusting human being everybody knows the NFF bleeped up the falcons tribalism has eaten deep into your skull u better free your mind Ajibade is doing pretty well in her club they top 5 in the table

Act of tribalism is a handy work where disgusted individuals such as you who will see the wrong and keep mute because your tribal kinsmen or women are at helms of the affair. Since Ajibade has been around, it is all about misfortune. I have canvassed for Ijamilusi Folashade but you went blind and never called me names. Nigeria is basket of fools indeed.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Dedetwo(m): 12:22am On Oct 12, 2019
isan:
U called Nigeria a zoo why do u care about the super falcons and her players ? Stay in politics section we don't want a tribalism here

Of course Nigeria is a constructed zoo. I care about Falcons because of my position as a spectator. I am not a fan of any player but watch to criticize certain overhyped busybodies on the team.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:27am On Oct 13, 2019
Oshoala and Peace Efih both start for their clubs against one another
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:50am On Oct 13, 2019
Oshoala scores for Barca!!

Ok so I watched the highlights on Naija Made. So can we start discussing this problem that Super Zee has scoring for Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:15pm On Oct 13, 2019
It is indeed a problem. Hattrick and braces for club are bagged... But for Nigeria, my brother... You see one goal... Thank God. It's a recent worry.

BascoVanVeli:
Oshoala scores for Barca!!

Ok so I watched the highlights on Naija Made. So can we start discussing this problem that Super Zee has scoring for Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:47pm On Oct 17, 2019
Goal and assist for Asisat Oshoala in the Champion league

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:49am On Oct 19, 2019
Rita Chikwelu vs Ngozi Okobi today in Sweden...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:46pm On Oct 23, 2019
REVEALED: Ruth David Is The Nemesis Of Women Football In Nigeria

0 comments, 23/10/2019, by Best Choice Sports, in Uncategorized

By Amaechi Agbo with Agency report

The head of Women Football Department in the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, Ruth David has been described as the nemesis of women football in Nigeria.

Dapo Sotiminu who stated this recently while guesting in a television sports programme in Lagos, alleged that since Ruth David became the head of women football department in the NFF, nothing has been working.

Mr Sotiminu who was angry over the manner the Super Falcons were bundled out of the 2020 Olympic qualifier by Ivory Coast on Monday, 7 October, wondered why the board members of the NFF turned blind eyes to her horrendous attitude and highhandedness in managing female football as well as players.

He further alleged that that with what happened to the Super Falcons at the Soccer Temple in Agege, Ruth David has succeeded in taking Nigeria women football at the senior level ten years backward.

Dapo Sotiminu who was a guest in Sportsvilletv show after the Super Falcons match in Agege, Lagos said…

“A lot of things happened to the super Falcons and I must say right here in this programme that I am not happy with what happened to the Falcons especially because that was the only opportunity a lot of women football followers would have had to cover the Olympics.

“FIFA accreditation actually closed as far back as 2018 and we were hoping that the Super Falcons would pick the ticket. FIFA had sent out accreditation and we are waiting for the Falcons to qualify but this time around, it is not going to be like that. This is happening the third time. The last time the Super Falcons played at the Olympics was in Beijing 2008. I was there with coach Joseph Ladipo who was the head coach of the team. We tried our best but we did not actually go far. Since 2008 up till now, we have not been able to go to Olympics. It is basically all because of poor management of the team, the coaching crew and everything that concerns the female national team.

“The change in captaincy did not come from the NFF secretariat but it came from one of the staff of the NFF secretariat. I do not know why they allowed her and that thing has been going on for a very long time.

“This woman, she is the head of Women Football Department of the NFF. She is not doing too well managing the teams. She does everything negatively. And with what happened to the Super Falcons at the Soccer Temple in Agege, she has succeeded in taking Nigeria women football at the senior level ten years back. We saw what they did at the World Cup in France just in June. This is a team that have closed the gap between Nigeria, Africa and Europe, Asia and South America in women football. Look at the French team that defeated the Falcons 8-0 a year ago in a friendly, they pleaded with the Super Falcons to let them go in the World Cup this year because they are hosting.

“Look at that scenario and compare it with what we played at Agege against an Ivorian team. Poor management of the team, the secretariat, the Secretary-General, the board of Nigeria Football Federation, left everything in the hands of just that lady.

“She is the head of Women Football Department in the NFF. Her name is Ruth David and she has been the nemesis of women football in Nigeria, that is just what I want to say,” he said.

On his part, a fellow guest and Sports editor, Vanguard Newspaper, Tony Ubani blamed the NFF for sowing the seed of failure in female football. Mr Ubani wondered how a staff who came into the federation as a youth corps member could grow over night and become so powerful that NFF board could no longer control her.

“I think the blame rest squarely on the NFF. They are the ones who are sowing the apple seed of discord. There is a proverb in Nigeria which says that no matter how tall okro tree grows, it will never be taller than the one who planted it. No matter how tall it is, the planter can bend it.

“I do not know how a staff, somebody who just came in as a ‘youth corper’, somebody who learnt on the job could become so powerful. It begins to ask so many questions because when you see a mad person dancing in the market, there is somebody within who is beating the drum for him.

“The mess we are in is so annoying because I keep thinking how the Super Falcons that have conquered Africa and are getting at par with the European powers could then suddenly fail flat. And as it is, one thing is that when you make a mistake in football, it drives you back.

“Look at NFF, they have not come out to say anything concerning Thomas Dennerby, who walked away. Thomas Dennerby made allegations pointing to the same person in the women department – a lot of interference, bringing their own players to play. That is at the root of the captaincy issue we saw. After all this, we have paid the costly price, yet, nobody has seen anything bad in it,” he stated.  

On what should be the way forward, Mr Sotiminu advised that NFF should without delay, redeploy Ruth David to another department adding that unless this is done, Nigeria women football will not grow.

“For honour, the NFF must be honourable enough to redeploy Ruth David from the women football department. That is the only thing they can actually do.

“Thomas Dennerby was not actually worried about being owed one or two months salaries but his own issue is that he does not want to come back there and meet or work with Ruth David again. And he had a point. This is the correspondent between himself and the minister.

“And he said that because of Ruth David, he would not come back. And what that means is that because of this woman, Nigeria women football at the highest point will not develop. We are going back ten years now because of this thing that has happened.

“The entire team that played against Ivory Coast was actually selected by Ruth David. The coaches did not make any input. And that was why when Danjuma (Christopher) came, he played a player, Monday Gift that is a top striker, he played her left full back. This is a player that plays top striking role and uses both legs easily, and she scores goals. You saw a lot of tactical defects in the team.

“Francisca Ordega that is always a predominant striker, was always shuttling between the defence and the attack, where is the strength?” he queried.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Divepen1(m): 11:39pm On Oct 23, 2019
When three fingers are pointing at you, then something is definitely wrong
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Dedetwo(m): 3:51pm On Oct 24, 2019
Schemerkhiz:
REVEALED: Ruth David Is The Nemesis Of Women Football In Nigeria

0 comments, 23/10/2019, by Best Choice Sports, in Uncategorized

By Amaechi Agbo with Agency report

The head of Women Football Department in the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, Ruth David has been described as the nemesis of women football in Nigeria.

Dapo Sotiminu who stated this recently while guesting in a television sports programme in Lagos, alleged that since Ruth David became the head of women football department in the NFF, nothing has been working.

Mr Sotiminu who was angry over the manner the Super Falcons were bundled out of the 2020 Olympic qualifier by Ivory Coast on Monday, 7 October, wondered why the board members of the NFF turned blind eyes to her horrendous attitude and highhandedness in managing female football as well as players.

He further alleged that that with what happened to the Super Falcons at the Soccer Temple in Agege, Ruth David has succeeded in taking Nigeria women football at the senior level ten years backward.

Dapo Sotiminu who was a guest in Sportsvilletv show after the Super Falcons match in Agege, Lagos said…

“A lot of things happened to the super Falcons and I must say right here in this programme that I am not happy with what happened to the Falcons especially because that was the only opportunity a lot of women football followers would have had to cover the Olympics.

“FIFA accreditation actually closed as far back as 2018 and we were hoping that the Super Falcons would pick the ticket. FIFA had sent out accreditation and we are waiting for the Falcons to qualify but this time around, it is not going to be like that. This is happening the third time. The last time the Super Falcons played at the Olympics was in Beijing 2008. I was there with coach Joseph Ladipo who was the head coach of the team. We tried our best but we did not actually go far. Since 2008 up till now, we have not been able to go to Olympics. It is basically all because of poor management of the team, the coaching crew and everything that concerns the female national team.

“The change in captaincy did not come from the NFF secretariat but it came from one of the staff of the NFF secretariat. I do not know why they allowed her and that thing has been going on for a very long time.

“This woman, she is the head of Women Football Department of the NFF. She is not doing too well managing the teams. She does everything negatively. And with what happened to the Super Falcons at the Soccer Temple in Agege, she has succeeded in taking Nigeria women football at the senior level ten years back. We saw what they did at the World Cup in France just in June. This is a team that have closed the gap between Nigeria, Africa and Europe, Asia and South America in women football. Look at the French team that defeated the Falcons 8-0 a year ago in a friendly, they pleaded with the Super Falcons to let them go in the World Cup this year because they are hosting.

“Look at that scenario and compare it with what we played at Agege against an Ivorian team. Poor management of the team, the secretariat, the Secretary-General, the board of Nigeria Football Federation, left everything in the hands of just that lady.

“She is the head of Women Football Department in the NFF. Her name is Ruth David and she has been the nemesis of women football in Nigeria, that is just what I want to say,” he said.

On his part, a fellow guest and Sports editor, Vanguard Newspaper, Tony Ubani blamed the NFF for sowing the seed of failure in female football. Mr Ubani wondered how a staff who came into the federation as a youth corps member could grow over night and become so powerful that NFF board could no longer control her.

“I think the blame rest squarely on the NFF. They are the ones who are sowing the apple seed of discord. There is a proverb in Nigeria which says that no matter how tall okro tree grows, it will never be taller than the one who planted it. No matter how tall it is, the planter can bend it.

“I do not know how a staff, somebody who just came in as a ‘youth corper’, somebody who learnt on the job could become so powerful. It begins to ask so many questions because when you see a mad person dancing in the market, there is somebody within who is beating the drum for him.

“The mess we are in is so annoying because I keep thinking how the Super Falcons that have conquered Africa and are getting at par with the European powers could then suddenly fail flat. And as it is, one thing is that when you make a mistake in football, it drives you back.

“Look at NFF, they have not come out to say anything concerning Thomas Dennerby, who walked away. Thomas Dennerby made allegations pointing to the same person in the women department – a lot of interference, bringing their own players to play. That is at the root of the captaincy issue we saw. After all this, we have paid the costly price, yet, nobody has seen anything bad in it,” he stated.  

On what should be the way forward, Mr Sotiminu advised that NFF should without delay, redeploy Ruth David to another department adding that unless this is done, Nigeria women football will not grow.

“For honour, the NFF must be honourable enough to redeploy Ruth David from the women football department. That is the only thing they can actually do.

“Thomas Dennerby was not actually worried about being owed one or two months salaries but his own issue is that he does not want to come back there and meet or work with Ruth David again. And he had a point. This is the correspondent between himself and the minister.

“And he said that because of Ruth David, he would not come back. And what that means is that because of this woman, Nigeria women football at the highest point will not develop. We are going back ten years now because of this thing that has happened.

“The entire team that played against Ivory Coast was actually selected by Ruth David. The coaches did not make any input. And that was why when Danjuma (Christopher) came, he played a player, Monday Gift that is a top striker, he played her left full back. This is a player that plays top striking role and uses both legs easily, and she scores goals. You saw a lot of tactical defects in the team.

“Francisca Ordega that is always a predominant striker, was always shuttling between the defence and the attack, where is the strength?” he queried.

I have serious issue with any Nigerian who does not go by native name as his/her surname. The Ruth David is typical one. They usually wear inferior mentality and could be negative influence on anything that requires constructive engagement.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 2:12pm On Oct 26, 2019
Oshoala vs Okeke today in Spain. 2 FC Robo products slugging it out at a higher level.
Watch match live from 3pm..
https://www.fcbarcelona.cat/ca/videos/818204/en-directe-madrid-cff-femeni?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=fcbfemeni&utm_campaign=ca7cdc4d-c47b-4596-9535-4a8a18229c93
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:58pm On Oct 26, 2019
olapluto:
Oshoala vs Okeke today in Spain. 2 FC Robo products slugging it out at a higher level.
Watch match live from 3pm..
https://www.fcbarcelona.cat/ca/videos/818204/en-directe-madrid-cff-femeni?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=fcbfemeni&utm_campaign=ca7cdc4d-c47b-4596-9535-4a8a18229c93
Chidinma Okeke injured out in the 25minutes She was playing as a Left Back today before she sustain an injury,
Asisat Oshoala Score ⚽ 43Minutes
Half Time

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:11pm On Oct 26, 2019
Schemerkhiz:

Chidinma Okeke injured out in the 25minutes She was playing as a Left Back today before she sustain an injury,
Asisat Oshoala Score ⚽ 43Minutes
Half Time

Oshoala scores again!!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 6:54pm On Oct 26, 2019
So one Ruth David cost us the Olympic ticket ? undecided i always know danjuma is a puppet
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:44pm On Oct 26, 2019
isan:
So one Ruth David cost us the Olympic ticket ? undecided i always know danjuma is a puppet

Our girls were too wasteful we had enough chances to win tbh
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 8:06pm On Oct 26, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Our girls were too wasteful we had enough chances to win tbh
Administratively, Ruth Davids has been a nightmare. From U20 world cup, to senior world cup. I think the minister has removed her anyway.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:50pm On Oct 27, 2019
olapluto:

Administratively, Ruth Davids has been a nightmare. From U20 world cup, to senior world cup. I think the minister has removed her anyway.

Are we sure she is the one the selects the coaches? I know she handles the league and it is clear to see that she is doing a superb job in that regard.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:27pm On Oct 27, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Are we sure she is the one the selects the coaches? I know she handles the league and it is clear to see that she is doing a superb job in that regard.
Nothing Concern Ruth David with Nigeria Women Football League, Aisha Folade is the one running the League and doing a great job.... while Ruth David is the evil one destroying the Women National Team
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:46am On Oct 28, 2019
Schemerkhiz:

Nothing Concern Ruth David with Nigeria Women Football League, Aisha Folade is the one running the League and doing a great job.... while Ruth David is the evil one destroying the Women National Team

The oracle has spoken grin. I hardly doubt your information but my thought is that making Oshoala the captain should never be brought up as a reason why we were eliminated. She is our Messi so why not? Oparanozie was not even the oldest when she got it.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:44am On Oct 29, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

The oracle has spoken grin. I hardly doubt your information but my thought is that making Oshoala the captain should never be brought up as a reason why we were eliminated. She is our Messi so why not? Oparanozie was not even the oldest when she got it.

Making Oshoala Captain wasn't a problem though, but the Scenario surrounding the situation was actually questionable .....
Since Thomas Dennerby has resign and Coach Danjuma has continued to disappoint on interim basis, It's high time an Ex-international ((Florence Omagbemi)) handles the team on a Long term basis and at least get 75% of the Support giving to Dennerby....or better still bring in a More technical and Technical Foreign coach from the (US, Germany or Netherland)
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:50am On Oct 29, 2019
Imagine the Senior Players of the Superfalcons saying they wish Florence Omagbemi can be brought back to coach the team, that shows the quality she possess.. I wouldn't want to mention the players names here if not i would have....

Superfalcons have played better quality of Football Under the Female Coaches than the Male!!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:58am On Oct 29, 2019
Premier Division Femenina Top Goal Scorer Chat.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by sanpipita(m): 10:03am On Oct 29, 2019
Schemerkhiz:
Imagine the Senior Players of the Superfalcons saying they wish Florence Omagbemi can be brought back to coach the team, that shows the quality she possess.. I wouldn't want to mention the players names here if not i would have....

Superfalcons have played better quality of Football Under the Female Coaches than the Male!!

I have always said this, even when Uche Eucharia was there, despite her shortcomings our girls were very motivated for games.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:16am On Oct 29, 2019
Schemerkhiz:

Making Oshoala Captain wasn't a problem though, but the Scenario surrounding the situation was actually questionable .....
Since Thomas Dennerby has resign and Coach Danjuma has continued to disappoint on interim basis, It's high time an Ex-international ((Florence Omagbemi)) handles the team on a Long term basis and at least get 75% of the Support giving to Dennerby....or better still bring in a More technical and Technical Foreign coach from the (US, Germany or Netherland)

Then why are you blaming that woman? Isn't it pin I who hires and fires? Danjuma's hiring was in line with the nonsense being done with our men.

Pinnick is the real problem not no woman.

As for coaching my choice would be Debdevbo who got cheated out of the world cup trophy in 2014.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:28pm On Oct 29, 2019
If I'm to pick a male Nigerian Coach Peter Dedevbo should be number one but the guy selection is questioning though due to some issues during his stint as Delta Queens coach.!!
As for the Female Coaches, Florence Omagbemi remains number 1, then Uche Ngozi Eucharia.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:31pm On Oct 29, 2019
One thing for sure is that the players are more motivated under the Female Coaches, Superfalcons toughest game i have ever watched remains the 2011 FIFA Women World Cup game against Germany that we Lost 1nil...

I can share Link if anyone is interested.

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (1073) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.