Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (802719 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (1071) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 5:24pm On Nov 28, 2019
Only God know when i will watch super falcons play again embarassed that Olympic miss really pain me embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 12:16am On Nov 29, 2019
Schemerkhiz:
Ex-USA U-20 star, Mimi eyes Super Falcons call-up
. . 16 hours ago
Super Falcons of Nigeria
A former player of the United State of America U-20 women’s team, Mimi Asom has expressed her desire to play for seven time African champions, the Super Falcons of Nigeria.
The youngster who is presently taking the Norwegian league by storm in the colours of Arna-Bjornar has scored seven goals since joining the club mid-season in July 2019.
ADVERTISEMENT
Although she just joined the club, Mimi has averaged the highest number of goals per minute played and she is the second top scorer in her team.

Born in the USA to Nigerian parents, Mimi played for the USA U-20 national team when she was 18 years old.
She, however, remains eligible to play for the Super Falcons without requiring clearance from FIFA.
Interestingly, she has not hidden her intention to continue to deliver on the pitch in order to achieve her dream.
Mimi moved to Norway from the USA after graduating from Princeton University in June 2019 where she played and was captain of the team.
She was voted the Ivy League (USA Collegiate football) offensive player of the year (2018). She led the Ivy League with 12 goals and one assist, scoring in nine consecutive matches; including a hat-trick against Yale University on September 22, 2018, and she was voted player of the week three times in the course of that league season.
Mimi was also named to the All-American team by United Soccer Coaches in 2018/2019. She also won the Golden Ball award at youth level.

She should be in frame for the 2020 AWCON
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:22am On Nov 29, 2019
isan:
I commend dennerby for helping our player get more contract abroad ....but what will Nigeria gain from Dede coaching an Indian team ?

It will be a great Experience for her, coaching in a foreign Land and will also help her coaching career.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:59am On Nov 29, 2019
Chiamaka Nnadozie has been named the 16th best Goalkeeper in World Women's football and the Best in Africa according to the International Federal for Football History and Statistics (IFFHS).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:07am On Nov 29, 2019
I also understand Chiamaka Nnadozie, Our 18 year old Super Falcons No.1, is in talks of a possible move to German Women's Super Team, Wolfsburg.

She will be 19 years on December 8.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 9:35am On Nov 29, 2019
isan:
I commend dennerby for helping our player get more contract abroad ....but what will Nigeria gain from Dede coaching an Indian team ?
Experience, exposure and more knowledge.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by enomakos(m): 2:09pm On Nov 29, 2019
Schemerkhiz:
Former NWPL Star get India U-17 Job.
NWPL
By Editor2
Nov 26, 2019
No comment
Former Super Falcons Captain and Goalkeeper Precious Dede has joined her former boss, Thomas Denerby in India as Goalkeeper trainer of the India U-17 Women’s team.

The former Bayelsa Queens and Delta Queens star replaces former Indian National team goalkeeper Shaikh Mohammed Qadeer as the 2020 FiFA Women’s U-17 World Cup host goalkeeper’s coach after signing a one year deal with the All Indian Football Federarion (AIFF).

Dede worked briefly with Thomas Denerby when the latter was Super Falcons coach and has now reunited with the former Sweden coach as they look forward to having a great competition in front of their home fans.

The 2020 FIFA Women U-17 World Cup will mark the first time that India will be hosting a FIFA Women’s Football tournament. The competition will be held between the 2nd and 21st of November 2020 across four centres.
wonderful news
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 12:59pm On Nov 30, 2019
All your point will be valid if she joined team like USA , Holland , Japan or england but India they level 1 in female football
olapluto:

Experience, exposure and more knowledge.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:40pm On Dec 04, 2019
5 stars fighting it out for the title of Women's Player of the Year

All of them have had an incredible year but which one will come out on at the #CAFAwards2019

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:09pm On Dec 04, 2019
Record entry as Caf releases 2019African Women's Cup of Nations qualifying fixtures and dates

SAMUEL AHMADU

2020 AFRICA WOMEN CUP OF NATIONS

NIGERIA

The race for a spot in the 12-nation showpiece next year has been launched with a record entry in Wednesday's draw in Cairo

A record total of 36 women's national teams have entered the qualifying tournament for the 2020 African Women's Cup of Nations, Goal can exclusively report.

The Confederation of African Football (Caf) confirmed the record entry at Wednesday's draw held in Cairo, with 12 more than the teams that entered the qualifiers for the last tournament in Ghana.

It also surpasses the record 25 teams that entered the qualifying tournament draw for the ongoing 2020 Tokyo Olympics Games held on February 22, 2019 at the Caf headquarters in Egypt.

In the qualifying fixtures, Zambia are drawn against Mozambique, and Malawi will take on Eswatini, while Zimbabwe face Mauritius in the first round of the African Women's Cup of Nations qualifiers.

Namibia will be up against their Cosafa rivals Botswana as Gabon get Central Africa and Angola face Congo, while the Democratic Republic of the Congo tackle Sao Tome and Principe.

Cecafa Women's Cup 2019 hosts Tanzania will rekindle their regional rivalry with champions Kenya while Burundi will confront Uganda as Ethiopia welcome Djibouti and Liberia visit Senegal.

Gambia will restart their maiden qualification campaign against Guinea Bissau, while Togo will aim to see off Niger, and Algeria will have Burkina Faso to contend with for a spot in the next stage.

According to Caf, the first round ties will take place in April 2020, with the first and second leg ties coming between April 6 and 14.

Eight nations have been given byes into the second round, including defending champions Nigeria along with Equatorial Guinea, Cameroon, Morocco, Mali, Ghana, South Africa and Cote d'Ivoire.

In the second stage of the series, the winners between Zambia and Mozambique face winners the winners of Zimbabwe and Mauritius, while the winners of Malawi and Eswatini tie face South Africa.

Equatorial Guinea battle the winner between Angola and Congo, Cameroon will face the winners between Burundi and Uganda, while Morocco slugs it out with the winners of the Ethiopia/Djibouti tie.

Also, Mali face the winners of the Liberia/Senegal showdown, and the winners of Guinea-Bissau/Gambia will meet Ghana, while Cote d'Ivoire will trade tackles with the winners of Algeria and Burkina Faso.

The winner between Namibia/Botswana face the winners of Gabon/Central Africa, while either DRC or Sao Tome and Principe will take on either Tanzania/Kenya, and Nigeria will get either Togo or Niger.

The second round matches are scheduled to be played between June 1 and 9, 2020.

The 11 winners of the second round have secured automatic qualification for the 12-team final tournament billed to be staged between November 23 to December 1.

FIXTURES IN FULL
Zambia vs Mozambique
Malawi  vs Eswatini
Zimbabwe vs Mauritius
Namibia vs Botswana
Gabon vs Central Africa
Angola vs Congo
DR Congo vs Sao Tome and Principe
Tanzania vs Kenya
Burundi vs Uganda
Ethiopia vs Djibouti
Liberia vs Senegal
Gambia vs Guinea Bissau
Togo vs Niger
Algeria vs Burkina Faso

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:13pm On Dec 04, 2019
Fixtures

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:03am On Dec 05, 2019
Schemerkhiz:
Fixtures

Let me add the full graphics of the scheduled dates even though some of it is already indicated in your write-up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:36am On Dec 06, 2019
The Guardians100 best female footballers in the world 2019

Asisat Oshoala rank 55th and Thabita Chawinga rank 95th are the only African women player in the List of 100 players drawn all over the World.

Samantha Kerr of Australia 1st
Lucy Bronze of England 2nd
Megan Rapineo of USA 3rd.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:40am On Dec 06, 2019
Super Falcons star nets match-winner in USA
By Our Reporter on December 6, 2019
Super Falcons star Uchenna Kanu scored double success on Wednesday as she fired Southeastern University to the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) National Semifinals and also became the NAIA all-time leader on points.
Uchenna netted an extra-time goal in the 2-1 victory over third-ranked side University of Northwestern Ohio Racers.
Her goal set up the 6th ranked team with a last-four clash against the 2nd ranked side Keiser this weekend.
Meanwhile, Kanu also emerged the NAIA all-time leader with 363 pts after scoring 157 goals and 51 assists throughout the championships.
This season alone she tops the log with 103 career points, 45 more than her closest rival.
Read Also: Ordega reveals what will happen to Super Falcons next year
Uchenna started in all 23 matches played so far and has scored 42 goals, provided 19 assists.
The 22-year-old Graphic Art student is also signed to Women’s Premier League Soccer side Pensacola FC, who are 2019 WPSL champions.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 3:48pm On Dec 06, 2019
Schemerkhiz:
Super Falcons star nets match-winner in USA
By Our Reporter on December 6, 2019
Super Falcons star Uchenna Kanu scored double success on Wednesday as she fired Southeastern University to the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) National Semifinals and also became the NAIA all-time leader on points.
Uchenna netted an extra-time goal in the 2-1 victory over third-ranked side University of Northwestern Ohio Racers.
Her goal set up the 6th ranked team with a last-four clash against the 2nd ranked side Keiser this weekend.
Meanwhile, Kanu also emerged the NAIA all-time leader with 363 pts after scoring 157 goals and 51 assists throughout the championships.
This season alone she tops the log with 103 career points, 45 more than her closest rival.
Read Also: Ordega reveals what will happen to Super Falcons next year
Uchenna started in all 23 matches played so far and has scored 42 goals, provided 19 assists.
The 22-year-old Graphic Art student is also signed to Women’s Premier League Soccer side Pensacola FC, who are 2019 WPSL champions.
mehn. ...this girl is hot. she should go into pro football. Any team from France or Sweden might do. She might have an edge over Oshoala

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:19pm On Dec 08, 2019
mostob:
mehn. ...this girl is hot. she should go into pro football. Any team from France or Sweden might do. She might have an edge over Oshoala

Kanu is a prolific goal scorer who uses both feets effectively. I will say she have an edge over Oshoala been that she's very Skillful and Technical with both feets which is one thing most of them lack. Against Germany during the 2019 World Cup if you watched the game you could see how Skillful she is even during her U17 days!.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:43pm On Dec 08, 2019
Schemerkhiz:

Kanu is a prolific goal scorer who uses both feets effectively. I will say she have an edge over Oshoala been that she's very Skillful and Technical with both feets which is one thing most of them lack. Against Germany during the 2019 World Cup if you watched the game you could see how Skillful she is even during her U17 days!.

Oshoala is an institution. She has the unpurchasable asset which is pace. If super zee played in the NAIA she would score 1000 goals

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 6:34am On Dec 09, 2019
KANU should join a pro club and against professionals that's when we know what's up
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:32am On Dec 09, 2019
isan:
KANU should join a pro club and against professionals that's when we know what's up
She just finished from her College and she's going Pro ASAP!

But what i don't know is that if she would wait for the College draft to the NWSL or would move straight to a European Side!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:37am On Dec 09, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Oshoala is an institution. She has the unpurchasable asset which is pace. If super zee played in the NAIA she would score 1000 goals
Quote me i only talked about Uchenna Kanu been more Skillful than her, College activities stopped her from playing at the 2016 U20 World Cup at Least you would have seen more of her!
By the way College Football can't be compared to Professional Football.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:49am On Dec 09, 2019
Having the Following player's as our Striker in a Tournament would do us alot of Good...

Desire Oparanozie 26yrs (Guingamp En Avant) FRANCE.
Asisat Oshoala 25yrs (Barcelona FC) SPAIN.
Fransisca Ordega 26yrs (Shanghai FC) CHINA
Ebere Orji 27yrs (Umea IK) SWEDEN.
Uchenna Kanu 22yrs (SEU, Pensacola FC) USA.
Chinwendu Ihezuo 22yrs (Henan Huishang) FC CHINA.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:40pm On Dec 09, 2019
Schemerkhiz:
Having the Following player's as our Striker in a Tournament would do us alot of Good...

Desire Oparanozie 26yrs (Guingamp En Avant) FRANCE.
Asisat Oshoala 25yrs (Barcelona FC) SPAIN.
Fransisca Ordega 26yrs (Shanghai FC) CHINA
Ebere Orji 27yrs Umea IK (SWEDEN).
Uchenna Kanu 22yrs (SEU, Pensacola FC) USA.
Chinwendu Ihezuo 22yrs (Henan Huishang) FC CHINA.
Damn ! I thought Ebere Orji already retired. Why has she not being called up all these years?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:45pm On Dec 09, 2019
mostob:
Damn ! I thought Ebere Orji already retired. Why has she not being called up all these years?
She's very much active, She played in Ferencvaros 2014 in Hungary before moving to SWEDEN where she has been for 3years now playing for Umea IK, in 2017, Mallbacken IF in 2018 before returning to Umea IK this 2019 season, she scored 11 goals in 26games.
They will be playing in the Damallsvenskan 2020.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:55pm On Dec 09, 2019
Ebere Orji last played for the Superfalcons in 2016 during the AWCON Qualifying game against Senegal.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 5:43am On Dec 10, 2019
Schemerkhiz:

She's very much active, She played in Ferencvaros 2014 in Hungary before moving to SWEDEN where she has been for 3years now playing for Umea IK, in 2017, Mallbacken IF in 2018 before returning to Umea IK this 2019 season, she scored 11 goals in 26games.
They will be playing in the Damallsvenskan 2020.
wow...she is such a fine player
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:41pm On Dec 12, 2019

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:54pm On Dec 13, 2019
NFF turns to HR firm to handle National team Coaches recruitment
 Mohammed Saliu  0
December 13, 2019 6:54pm
NFF scribe Dr. Muhammad Sunusi has stated that the recruitment of National team coaches will be managed by a private human resources firms.
Sanusi disclosed to our correspondent all the criteria and the processes they intend to use in scrutinizing the applicants that have already sent in their applications for the vacant positions in the various National team.
”We have received applicants vying for all the vacant positions of the National teams and we are compiling the names because we have engaged the services of a private organization to conduct the interviews,” Sanusi told brila.net.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:55pm On Dec 17, 2019
Nigeria's WAFU Women's Cup topscorer bags BSc from Southeastern University
opera.com

Nigeria star Uchenna Kanu has graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Sports Management from Southeastern University .
The 22-year-old, who helped Nigeria to a first-ever Wafu Women's Cup with 10 goals, made her mark at the various All-American Collegiate football events from 2016 and 2019.
Kanu, who also starred as Nigeria finished as runners-up in 2014 U20 Women's World Cup in
Canada , bagged several medals to emerge as NAIA record leader with 157 goals, 51 assists and 363 points.
She also made her first senior Women's World Cup appearance this summer in France as Nigeria reached the knockout stage for the first time in 20 years - featuring in all four matches.
The Imo-born footballer, who previously played for Delta Queens her impressive display at the U17 and U20 for the country, before she left the country to study in the US in 2016.
Following her record-breaking year in the United States, she was named Kanu as the NAIA Women's Player of the Year for 2019 by National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics.
The Southeastern striker bagged the coveted prize following one of the most decorated collegiate outings in NAIA history, having emerged the all-time career leader with 157 goals and 366 points.
Kanu also scored in the American Women's Championship final as Pensacola defeated Utah Royals Reserves 4-3 after extra-time and was named the most outstanding player of the season in July.
Having bowing out of the American institution in flying colours, Kanu is hoping to build on her scoring feat in the United States launching her professional career.
The former Delta Queens forward is also excited with her achievements and admits the American outfit were key to her successful journey.
"2019 has been an incredible year in my career," Kanu, who scored her 27th hat-trick inside 10 minutes in her side's 8-2 semi-final win over Johnson & Wales on Tuesday, told Goal .
"A lot has happened and definitely it is my best year both academically and career-wise. I’m really thrilled by my accomplishments and I’m honoured.
"In 2019, I was part of the Super Falcons that made it to the Round of 16 at the Women’s World Cup in France.
"Ultimately, is been an amazing year for me and I’m thankful! I feel really proud of myself for all my accomplishments.
"It is a huge honour for me to hold an all-time record, especially, when I have tremendous support from my team and most importantly, my family.
"I feel so blessed! Honestly I never planned for it to happen, however, I am a competition-driven person so I try as much as possible to stay on top of my game.
"Again, I've never planned for it but will be prepared when the time comes. When I leave here, my goal is to play for a well-known professional side.
"I wouldn’t want my soccer career to end collegiality but professionally. So I plan to continue to pursue excellence in soccer after obtaining my Bachelor of Science Degree in Sports Management."

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:55am On Dec 18, 2019
Lot of negativity in Falcons – Oshoala

punchng.com

Dec 19, 2019 7:55 AM

Asisat Oshoala

’Tosin Oluwalowo

Super Falcons captain Asisat Oshoala has said 2019 is a year she would love to quickly get behind her because of her experiences.

Oshoala told Goal that although the Falcons got to the knockout stage of the 2019 Women’s World Cup in France, their first time in 20 years, there were “a lot of negativity going on around the team.”

“In the Nigerian women’s team, there are a lot of things going on right now,” Oshoala told Goal.

“It is not something positive. “It’s a lot of negativity going on around the team. It wasn’t the best experience.

She also revealed she felt better with the squad to the 2015 World Cup than the current team.

“I have been to the Women’s World Cup before in 2015 and the feeling was much better than what I had in France.

“I love my 2015 outing because it was much more interesting. We had a lot of players who were ready to give everything, and the atmosphere was more comfortable for us to play.

“2019 was a bit difficult and we were struggling as a team, but we only tried to pull together to qualify for the next round in France.

“I think that was something much more than football. This is because a game is not just won on the pitch because you can pass the ball around better,” she added.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by profmathsland(m): 9:01am On Dec 21, 2019
Schemerkhiz:
Lot of negativity in Falcons – Oshoala

punchng.com

Dec 19, 2019 7:55 AM

Asisat Oshoala

’Tosin Oluwalowo

Super Falcons captain Asisat Oshoala has said 2019 is a year she would love to quickly get behind her because of her experiences.

Oshoala told Goal that although the Falcons got to the knockout stage of the 2019 Women’s World Cup in France, their first time in 20 years, there were “a lot of negativity going on around the team.”

“In the Nigerian women’s team, there are a lot of things going on right now,” Oshoala told Goal.

“It is not something positive. “It’s a lot of negativity going on around the team. It wasn’t the best experience.

She also revealed she felt better with the squad to the 2015 World Cup than the current team.

“I have been to the Women’s World Cup before in 2015 and the feeling was much better than what I had in France.

“I love my 2015 outing because it was much more interesting. We had a lot of players who were ready to give everything, and the atmosphere was more comfortable for us to play.

“2019 was a bit difficult and we were struggling as a team, but we only tried to pull together to qualify for the next round in France.

“I think that was something much more than football. This is because a game is not just won on the pitch because you can pass the ball around better,” she added.

Hmmm. I wonder who the propagators of this negative wind are. Hoping 2020 will be better. We need a very United and positive Super Falcons going forward.

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (1071) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.