Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (803243 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (1072) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:47pm On Feb 10, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

Then why didn't they collectively win the la liga for the past 3 seasons that Atletico have been winning. Everytime she plays Atletico she destroys them.

Ordega's case is weird especially seeing all the Nigerians currently in the league.
I guess she's after the Money as it is right now...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 11:00pm On Feb 11, 2020
Yeah athletico can't pay her
Schemerkhiz:

I guess she's after the Money as it is right now...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:38am On Feb 12, 2020
isan:
Yeah athletico can't pay her
Atletico de Femenino is good enough to pay her but I think they weren't ready to pay a huge amount on her...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:24pm On Feb 12, 2020
Copa de la Reina action...

Oshoala puts Barca Femenina 1-0 up away at Huelva...

Recreativi Huelva Feminina 0-1 Barca Femenina after 46+ mins.

Oshoala scored in the 43rd min. And she starts upfront with Jenni Hermoso

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:25pm On Feb 12, 2020
Peace Efih #20 of Nigeria and Princella Adubea of Ghana #12, are both on the bench for Huelva ladies.

Gambian-spanish born, Fatoumata Kanteh starts for Huelva.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:29pm On Feb 12, 2020

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by 68816419: 6:11pm On Feb 12, 2020
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:12pm On Feb 12, 2020
Huelva 0-4 Barca Femenina

Oshoala with a brace

Hermoso with a goal

Graham with the other...

Over 75 mins played. Oshoala and Hermoso have been subbed off.

Oshoala's second goal....
https://twitter.com/FCBfemeni/status/1227640112944754689?s=19

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:13pm On Feb 12, 2020
Oshoala has scored 15 goals in the league....

Scored 3 goals and bagged an assist in the Super Copa Espana Femenina.

Now 2 goals already in the Copa de la Reina (The Spanish Women's FA Cup).

She is on fire!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:21pm On Feb 12, 2020
Even UEFA Women's Champions League takes notice....

They affirm Oshoala alongside Jenni Hermoso have both smashed past the 20 goals mark for the season in all competitions. Wow!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 10:26am On Feb 14, 2020
Who saw rinsola babajide goal for Liverpool women yesterday against Arsenal she as fast as oshoala and very clinical
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:15pm On Feb 14, 2020
Benfica sign Nigeria midfielder Christy Ucheibe
By Samuel Ahmadu

After an amazing season with Swedish outfit Assi last year, the 19-year-old sealed a move to the Portuguese outfit
Christy Ucheibe has joined Portuguese Liga BPI outfit SL Benfica from Swedish club Assi, on a three-and-half-year deal.
Ucheibe saw out her first professional contract with Swedish club Assi in November 2019 and moved on to Portugal on a free transfer, after she inspired the Elitettan side to win the Norrbetten Cup.
During her one-year spell, the 19-year-old played a prominent role in Assi's 10th place finish in the 2019 season with two goals in 25 games across all competitions for Kenneth Paajarvi's team.
Editors' Picks
The midfielder, who moved to Sweden from Nigerian side Nasarawa Amazons in April 2019, played a crucial role in helping Nigeria reach the quarterfinal of the 2018 U20 Women's World Cup in France .
Having completed her move to the Portuguese giants, the Nigerian becomes the second African to join the club this year following the arrival of South African striker Thembi Kgatlana last month.
On joining SL Benfica, she told the club website: "I know I'm coming to a very competitive team. It is this demand and the greatness of the club of legend Eusébio that has attracted me.
"I want to help the team win trophies domestically and, one day, shine in the
Champions League . Now I just want to focus on work, on training with my teammates.
"I know that if I play well here I'm going to reach the Nigerian National team too. I can't play yet, but I already love and admire the passion of the Benfica fans."
Following her unveiling by the club's vice president Fernando Tavares on Friday, she becomes the third January signing for Benfica after Ida Dida and Kgatlana, and will wear the shirt number 16.
She also becomes the second Nigerian to be plying her trade in Portugal after compatriot Chinaza Uchendu with Sporting Braga.
Benfica are leaders of the Portuguese Liga BPI log with 42 points after 14 games and Ucheibe will be hoping to impress if handed her debut in Women's Cup clash with Amora on Sunday.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:23pm On Feb 14, 2020
Unsung Heroine - Christy Ucheibe

Undoubtedly Nigeria's best player at the 2018 U20 Women's World Cup was goalkeeper Chiamaka Nnadozie but defensive midfielder Christy Ucheibe was absolutely the second best player in the team.
The former U-17 player broke up plays at will to win possession back and pass the ball to her more attacking minded teammates.
Ucheibe is a gem that has been discovered since 2018 and hopefully could be an asset for the Nigeria Superfalcons soonest.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:27pm On Feb 14, 2020
Congratulations Christy Ucheibe...... The Versatile midfielder who can play as a 4,, 8 and 10 to me she's Best play as a Defensive Midfielder...

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 2:54pm On Feb 15, 2020
isan:
Who saw rinsola babajide goal for Liverpool women yesterday against Arsenal she as fast as oshoala and very clinical

AS FAST AS OSHOALA?.. How serious are you?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 2:56pm On Feb 15, 2020
Schemerkhiz:
Congratulations Christy Ucheibe...... The Versatile midfielder who can play as a 4,, 8 and 10 to me she's Best play as a Defensive Midfielder...

Congrats to her.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lakesidepapa(m): 3:04pm On Feb 15, 2020
CoolJulian:

AS FAST AS OSHOALA?.. How serious are you?

Yes she has pace just like asissat, Asissat nobi alien from another world na.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:56pm On Feb 15, 2020
lakesidepapa:

Yes she has pace just like asissat, Asissat nobi alien from another world na.
Lol ���
Rinsola Babajide is a quick player but not as fast as Ordega or Oshoala....
She and the likes of Okobi, Uchenna Kanu and Uchendu can be compared in terms of pace not Oshoala at all.....

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 4:25pm On Feb 15, 2020
I still can’t believe the Super Falcons will miss out on a 3rd straight Olympics. undecided
With a good number of the players lighting up Europe, it’s a shame that we will not get to see them display their stuff in Japan.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 5:14pm On Feb 15, 2020
I just got to know that the participating nations for the AWCON has been increased to 12! Lol
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lakesidepapa(m): 6:15pm On Feb 15, 2020
Schemerkhiz:

Lol ���
Rinsola Babajide is a quick player but not as fast as Ordega or Oshoala....
She and the likes of Okobi, Uchenna Kanu and Uchendu can be compared in terms of pace not Oshoala at all.....

Your perspective
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:29pm On Feb 15, 2020
lakesidepapa:

Your perspective
She's Fast but not as Fast as Oshoala or Ordega
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 7:49pm On Feb 15, 2020
Any updates on new coaches of U17 and U20 female teams? Time is running out and the U17 qualifiers holds on 28 Feb in Guinea. Is Bankole Olowo staying as U17 coach?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:51pm On Feb 16, 2020
Peace Efih and Oshoala go again today

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by geonyte(m): 5:58pm On Feb 16, 2020
Oshoala scored brace today

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Divepen1(m): 6:25pm On Feb 16, 2020
geonyte:
Oshoala scored brace today
She came in at 77th minutes
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:38pm On Feb 16, 2020
Oshoala's brace.

Look at how Hermoso almost killed herself to score the second goal grin

https://mobile.twitter.com/FCBfemeni/status/1229113911854665728
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:05pm On Feb 17, 2020
I Want To See That I Am The Best In Nigeria

opera.com

Feb 17, 2020 6:51 PM

Super Falcons and Rivers Angels' goalkeeper Tochukwu Oluehi has spoken on her target for the year 2020.

Tochukwu who let this out on Brila FM Lunch Sport Women Show with Ogechukwu Ogwo said that she wants to see herself going back to being the best goalkeeper that she has ever been.

Speaking on Preseason and the Skill Acquisition programme recently introduced by the Port Harcourt based club, the former Medkila IL safe hands said preseason has been so wonderful with the introduction of the gym session.

"Since i've been in Rivers Angels this is the first time i'm seeing a gym session so i see Rivers Angels are up to the task, they are leaving no stone unturned. They want to make sure that 2020 they grab every trophy, they get their hands on League, the FA Cup and so on'.

She added that it's a good thing for everyone in the club to acquire a skill

" For the Skill Acquisition that we are into, learning how to make soap is a good thing for everyone, i want to see myself making my own soap. With all the instructions given by the person that led us through the skill workshop, i believe if i want to make my own soap i can do it with the knowledge and understanding of what the lady taught us."

When asked of her plans to go play abroad again, she said that it would be a great privilege going back to Europe to continue with her football. Oluehi opened up on her family and coaches being source of inspiration to her career.

The former Bayelsa and Sunshine Queens player appealed to the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and the Nigeria Women Football League (NWFL) board to get things right in terms of organization as it will make home based players compete for national team shirts with their foreign based counterparts.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 9:56pm On Feb 17, 2020
She is good but nnadozie is on another level and very young she also play in Europe now so i expect her to get even better oluehi can be a good back up also
Schemerkhiz:
I Want To See That I Am The Best In Nigeria

opera.com

Feb 17, 2020 6:51 PM

Super Falcons and Rivers Angels' goalkeeper Tochukwu Oluehi has spoken on her target for the year 2020.

Tochukwu who let this out on Brila FM Lunch Sport Women Show with Ogechukwu Ogwo said that she wants to see herself going back to being the best goalkeeper that she has ever been.

Speaking on Preseason and the Skill Acquisition programme recently introduced by the Port Harcourt based club, the former Medkila IL safe hands said preseason has been so wonderful with the introduction of the gym session.

"Since i've been in Rivers Angels this is the first time i'm seeing a gym session so i see Rivers Angels are up to the task, they are leaving no stone unturned. They want to make sure that 2020 they grab every trophy, they get their hands on League, the FA Cup and so on'.

She added that it's a good thing for everyone in the club to acquire a skill

" For the Skill Acquisition that we are into, learning how to make soap is a good thing for everyone, i want to see myself making my own soap. With all the instructions given by the person that led us through the skill workshop, i believe if i want to make my own soap i can do it with the knowledge and understanding of what the lady taught us."

When asked of her plans to go play abroad again, she said that it would be a great privilege going back to Europe to continue with her football. Oluehi opened up on her family and coaches being source of inspiration to her career.

The former Bayelsa and Sunshine Queens player appealed to the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and the Nigeria Women Football League (NWFL) board to get things right in terms of organization as it will make home based players compete for national team shirts with their foreign based counterparts.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by jimmyiovine: 10:03pm On Feb 17, 2020
solonnachi:
Any updates on new coaches of U17 and U20 female teams? Time is running out and the U17 qualifiers holds on 28 Feb in Guinea. Is Bankole Olowo staying as U17 coach?

Bankole Olowookere is currently leading the Womens U17 who began camping a couple of weeks ago. No update or info on U20s for now
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 12:11am On Feb 18, 2020
isan:
She is good but nnadozie is on another level and very young she also play in Europe now so i expect her to get even better oluehi can be a good back up also

Tochukwu Oluehi have been a good goalkeeper right from day one...Her lost of form before the FIFA Women's World Cup Last Year in France, Really baffled me, anyway we now have Chiamaka Nnadozie who's doing great at her tender age!!!
it will be good to have a competition among them for who's going to be the First Choice, either she's wins her Spot back as the First Choice goalie or Chiamaka Nnadozie continues to retain it because she currently seems to be unstoppable..

We also have Alaba Jonathan, our 2016 AWCON heroines in Cameroon...

Onyinyechi Okeke 22yrs old Goalkeeper currently playing for Bayelsa Queens is still one Promising Goalkeeper during her U17 days in 2014... before moving to the U20 in 2016, She is taller than Chiamaka Nnadozie and was very good then..
So many of the followers of the Women football game thought she was going to be the next Superb goalkeeper for the Superfalcons of Nigeria but haven't lived up to Expectations and Chiamaka Nnadozie is already ahead of her in the perking order.....

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:02pm On Feb 18, 2020
*Nigeria Superfalcons Striker Ebere Orji Sign for Swedish giant Linköping FC*

Nigerian player Ebere Orji joins from Umeå IK and has previously represented Mallbackens IF and Umeå IK once again. Orji scored eleven goals in last year's edition of the Elite and was a strong contributing cause of Umeå's advancement to OBOS Damallsvenskan. - Linköpings FC is a big club in Damallsvenskan and it has been a dream to play there, a dream that has now become true and it will be so exciting, says Ebere Orji. I will do my best, collaborate with my teammates and work hard to win multiple titles.

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (1072) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.