Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,082 members, 7,825,410 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (809685 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (1074) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:09pm On Jun 17, 2020
Emilokoiyawon:

NFF made it illegal. That's why many good lesbian footballers are afraid to play or pretend not to be lesbians

We don't have any business with them being Lesbians or not, all we know and want is for them to give us their best performance on the pitch when Playing for the Country...
The Superfalcons team you're seeing have Lesbian in it which are well known among the coaches and players so it's not a big deal. Let's focus on the reason they're called up to play for Nigeria not their Sexual Preference..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:36pm On Jun 18, 2020
Schemerkhiz:
Exclusive interview: Juha-Pekka Niskanen promises to make Super Falcons world beaters if employed

yemiyatch

Jun 16, 2020 11:29 AM

Opera News Nigeria Sport

Only for Opera News funs.

Follow

With the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) having declared its intention to get the best possible coach for the Super Falcons no matter where the person comes from, at least six foreign coaches have indicated their interest to handle the team.

One of them is Juha-Pekka Niskanen from Finland who has been the manager of a female club, SC Kufu-98 which play in the Kakkonen Group C in the European country since January of the year 2019.

The last foreigner to handle the team, Thomas Dennerby, a Swede, resigned shortly after leading the Falcons to the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup despite having a year left on his contract.

The NFF President, Amaju Pinnick, had declared recently that he would do everything possible to get the best coach for the Super Falcons no matter where the person comes from.

An NFF official revealed that two female and four male foreign coaches are currently jostling for the Super Falcons job but the said official, however, refused to name the nationalities of the job-seeking foreign coaches.

Complete Sports can authoritatively reveal that Finnish tactician, Niskanen is one of the foreign managers interested in the Falcons job and has in fact submitted his application. Niskanen spoke with CS reporter, Oluyemi Ogunseyin all the way from Finland...

Coach Pekka, we heard of your interest in the Super Falcons job. Why are you interested in coaching the Nigerian women's national team and what do you think you can offer?

Why I am interested in the Super Falcons coaching position is because I know a lot about the team. I followed the Nigerian team at the Women's World Cup finals in France 2019.

I also saw Nigeria beat Cameroon in the final of the African Women's Cup of Nations (AWCON) in 2016 and since then, I have been very impressed with the potentials of the Nigerian ladies.

I watched and noticed the potentials in the girls in their semi-final and final games against Cameroon and South Africa respectively in the 2019 AWCON and I believe I can build on their achievement and develop Nigerian female football to the greatest height at the world stage.

At France 2019, I noticed that the girls were not in the right condition needed for the world stage football in a tournament that they were paired in group A against teams like France, South Korea and Norway.

Most of them, however, looked very athletic and that is a strong basis for every national team to achieve success in tournaments. We have also had many good female players from Nigeria here in Finland playing in our top-most league.

For example, Rita Chikwelu and Abiodun Obende and of course, Cynthia Uwak who is the all-time highest goal-scorer in Finland's women's league, she played in our country for ten years and showed great potentials of what Nigerian players can offer. 

Can you tell Nigerians about your achievement in the coaching or management business that makes you think you can take the Super Falcons to the next level?

I have been for five years the sporting director at Pallokissat which is one of the biggest female football clubs in Finland. During that time, I have been coaching and helping to train coaches in our first team.

Also in the top-levels, our under 15 and u-18 teams, I have managed to develop nothing less than ten national team players for age-group born within the years 2000 to 2005.

For six years, I have been coaching Finland's Football Association development female teams and every year, they end up in a six-team tournament, there are in total like 100 based young female players in Finland.

In the year 2018, my team emerged as the runners-up and at least, a total number of six players were selected into the female national side.

If employed, what are the things you are going to do for Nigerian female football and that is particularly towards the grassroots level? Are we going to see more homes-based players in the Falcons?

This is such a huge question but I will answer in the best possible way. I am very good in organizing things and I have good experience of that working for five years as the sporting director at Pallokissat.

The main thing in Nigeria is to find the system to find the best potentials in female football and then develop them furthermore to become the best players on the international level. 

I have vast knowledge in female football which I will translate into developing female football in Nigeria. I am aware that you have the local female league in Nigeria, I will start a developmental program by watching the local league to discover new talented players that will be useful to the Nigerian national team.

I hope to have a national team made up of foreign based players and the local players from the female league. This blend of the locally based players and the foreign based players will project a National team of pride in Africa and in the world.

I will monitor all the foreign based players and have a close relationship with their activities in their various clubs abroad.

I have vast knowledge of Nigerian female players abroad based on their mentality to win games and ready to learn, their physical strength, their individual skills and talents after watching them in their various clubs.

With the population of Nigeria so large unlike that of Finland, we will have to do things in different ways. We should have under-14, u-15 and u-16 teams in each of the 36 states in Nigeria.

There will also be tournaments for each state team in different categories and then groom the best potentials from those competitions. There should even be competitions for the under-13 teams also at state level.

The best players discovered at these tournaments should be inculcated into the various female national teams. It is going to be a huge process and I suppose it would take between three and four years to implement fully.

But it will guarantee that the best players for the various female national teams in Nigeria will be found. This is a very long topic and should be answered with more time.

Also, at the grassroots level for the clubs, working with the young girls is very important and should be developed. I don't mean financial support alone, creating an enabling environment for the players and developing the coaches should come into place.

The Super Falcons are arguably the greatest country in Africa when it comes to female football, having won the highest number of trophies. But on the world stage, they have achieved little or nothing. What are you going to do to make Nigeria super-powers on the global stage?

It is true that Nigeria have been very successful in Africa when it comes to female football. And I must say again that you just asked me an intelligent question about how to make them one of the best in the world.

The achievement of the Super Falcons in Africa is already a strong basis for us to build on. We have to create our own way of playing which will be the attacking style of football.

But of course, while attacking, we will be very active also in defending, we have to press high, we have to reach the ball immediately at all times, trying to retrieve the ball as soon as our opponents get it.

We have to aggressive, we have to tackle very well and work hard and not as individuals but as a team, we have to build the collective pressing system where everybody will be involved.

Everybody has to be collective to fall back, defend and press well in trying to get the ball back, we need to have attacking tactics where we can utilize our athleticism and sporting activities.

We have to be brave, expectant and surprising when penetrating our opponents behind the last line and creating good goal-scoring chances while also converting most of the opportunities.

We already know about your interest in coaching the Super Falcons. What do you think will stand you out among other applicants for the job and what have you done towards landing it?

I have done my UEFA A coaching license and that was five years ago at professional clubs and the Association in Finland with the best female players. I have been very successful while creating the system to develop young female players.

And also to implement tactics for the best Finnish teams, I have valuable experience of working with the best female players in Finland, I have been coaching for 30 years now, so I know very much about tactics evolution.

I have seen the huge development in female football, I know where it comes from and know where it is going to. Also, I already submitted my application/resume to the NFF through their official e-mail platform and I am waiting for their acknowledgment.

Talking about him Coaching the Superfalcons of Nigeria �� i would say is a No No No for me, with his detailed report he already knows most of the Superfalcons players especially those based in Finland �� which most of them have retired...
since he have worked mostly at the players development team in his country i would say he’s good enough to take up the U17 and below but for the Superfalcons it’s a Capital NO..

Superfalcons is not a development team, it’s the senior team which is made up of only Professional players, players at the highest standards of Woman Football...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:28pm On Jun 20, 2020
Nigerian Striker Scores 4 Goals

Nigerians players continue their good run of form for their respective football clubs, as European football season continues. 

The biggest goals return by a Nigerian comes from Belarus as Emueje Oghiabekhva scored four times for her club, Minsk, in the 6-1 demolition of ABFF WU19 in the Belarusian Women's League. 

Emueje who can't stop scoring as she opened the flood gate of goals in the 15th minute through a header and scored another header in the 30th minute.

She tapped in the third goal in 60th minute from close range and finished off the good job in the 87th minute. 

The Nigeria forward who scored a hat trick last weekend now has 13 goals in seven matches with an incredible 1.9 goal ratio per match.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:29pm On Jun 20, 2020
It high time Nigeria recall Big Striker Emueje Oghiabekhva

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:45pm On Jun 20, 2020
13goals in 7games isn't a small feets for Superfalcons Big Striker Emueje Oghiabekhva who's based in Belarus ...She needs to be recall to the Superfalcons..

NOTE; she last played for the Nigeria during the 2012 AWCON in Equatorial Guinea

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 5:59pm On Jun 22, 2020
Schemerkhiz:
It high time Nigeria recall Big Striker Emueje Oghiabekhva
Our own Lukaku. She this girl fit run like this .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:04pm On Jun 25, 2020
Superfalcons Players Chinaza Uchendu and Uchenna Kanu

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by kheny12(m): 6:35pm On Jun 25, 2020
Australia and New zealand are hosting the 2023 FIFA women's world cup.which will comprises of 32 teams.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 7:00pm On Jun 25, 2020
Schemerkhiz:
13goals in 7games isn't a small feets for Superfalcons Big Striker Emueje Oghiabekhva who's based in Belarus ...She needs to be recall to the Superfalcons..

NOTE; she last played for the Nigeria during the 2012 AWCON in Equatorial Guinea
Is this a guy or lady?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:47pm On Jun 25, 2020
Daejoyoung:

Is this a guy or lady?

Can't you see that she's a woman, look at a picture of her while she was playing at Nasarawa Amazons..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:06pm On Jun 27, 2020
Ebere Orji Score Brace, Kanu Debut for Linkopings fc

27th June 2020

Super Falcons forward, Ebere Orji scored two goals for her Swedish Allsvenskan side, Linkopings as they defeated Vaxjo DFF in their league game played on Saturday, June 27, 2020.

Ebere scored Linkoping’s first goal of the game in the 14th minute before completing her brace with Linkoping’s third goal in the 32nd minute after Leonhardsen-Maanum had doubled her side’s lead in the 24th minute when Ebere Orji was brought down in the penalty Box.

Uchenna Kanu on her part made her debut for Linkopings FC as an 80th-minute substitute, replacing compatriot, Ebere Orji in their 3-0 opening day win.
Chinaza Uchendu was on the bench and did not feature for Linkopings.

Uchenna Kanu and Chinaza Uchendu both joined Linkopings FC this month from Sevilla and SC Braga respectively.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:02pm On Jun 28, 2020
Ogbiagbevha hits another Hat trick in Minsk’s comfortable win

28th June 2020

Emueje Ogbiagbevha scored another hattrick for FK Minsk as her club defeated Dnepr Mogilev 0-9 in their Vysshaya Liga Women match on Sunday, June 28, 2020.

Emueje scored the third goal of the match for Minsk FK in the 13th minute after two quickfire goals from Kimmich in the first and fourth minute had given her side a two-goal lead. Kozyupa scored Minsk’s fourth goal before half time.

In the second half of the match, Emueje Ogbiagbevha grabbed her hattrick with two quick goals in the 50th and 53rd minutes respectively. Kimmich was able to put up a woman of the match performance by scoring five goals for Minsk FK.

Emueje’s hattrick took her goal tally in the league to 16 in eight games this season as she continues her impressive goal-scoring form for Minsk FK in the Belarusian league.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 2:24pm On Jun 30, 2020
The super Falcons won't have the chance to defend their AWCON title next year..

The tournament has been cancelled!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 2:25pm On Jun 30, 2020
The good news is that the CAF women champions league will launch next year!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:35pm On Jun 30, 2020
AWCON NEWS

Football

Women’s Football Africa

CAF Cancels AWCON 2020

30th June 2020

The 2020 edition of the African Women’s Cup of Nations, AWCON has been cancelled.

This new development came amidst the COVID-19 pandemic which led to the postponement of the competition qualifiers which were initially slated for April and June 2020.

Confederation of African Football, CAF during its Executive Committee meeting on Tuesday, June 30, 2020, announced the cancellation of AWCON 2020.

The competition was also initially expected to be held in the Congo Republic until the withdrawal.

36 countries entered for the qualifying stage of the tournament which is the highest in the history of the competition.

Kick442.com had earlier reported that the elimination phase of the next AWCON qualifiers might take place between September and October 2020 due to COVID-19 pandemic.

Super Falcons of Nigeria with 11 African titles are the defending champions of the competition after defeating Cameroon and South Africa at the last two editions of the tournament in 2016 and 2018 respectively.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:56pm On Jun 30, 2020
Official: Dijon Confirms Desire Oparanozie’s Transfer

30th June 2020

By Oyediji Oluwaseun Babatunde
Sports Writer, kick442.com Nigeria

The French side, Dijon has confirmed the transfer of Super Falcons forward, Desire Oparanozie. This was confirmed on the club’s official website and Twitter handle on Tuesday, June 30, 2020, as the club continues to strengthen its workforce ahead of the 2020/2021 season.
The Nigerian striker signed a two-year contract, kick442.com can report.

Well known in the French championship under the colors of En Avant Guingamp, Desire Oparanozie will continue her career in the Dijon jersey. The Nigerian international striker (22 goals in 35 caps) has signed on for two seasons with the Dijon.

The 26-year-old native of Owerri in Nigeria discovered European football at Lüleburgaz 39 Spor (Turkey) before evolving successively at WFC Rossiyanka (Russia), VfL Wolfsburg (Germany), Atasehir Belediyespor (Turkey), then at En Avant Guingamp since 2014. In Brittany, she donned the costume of attack leader and scored 45 goals in 106 Division 1 Arkema games.

Dijon coach, Yannick Chandioux believes that her arrival must help bring Dijon to a higher level: “Each season, she has proven that she can score. She’s used to the French League, the type of player that will help the group grow.

“In addition to her experience, the captain of the Nigerian team has many qualities to assert:”

After arriving Dijon at the beginning of the week to initiate her contract, Desire Oparanozie expressed her satisfaction: “I am happy to start a new adventure after six years in Guingamp. I am delighted to be able to discover something else. I really like this club and the coach’s speech, which has followed me for a long time, convinced me. I am very honored to sign at Dijon.”

With his selection from Nigeria, Desire Oparanozie won two African championships (2010 and 2014), as well as two African Women’s Cup of Nations (2016 and 2018).

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:47am On Jul 01, 2020
Oparanozie Explains Why She Was Removed As Falcons’ Captain

July 1, 2020
Oparanozie Explains Why She Was Removed As Falcons’ Captain

Shortly after the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup, the captain of the Super Falcons to that tournament lost her position as the captain of the team. The team had qualified for the round of 16 for the first time in 20 years.

Questions were asked why she was changed. Now, she has given her own side of the story. It will be recalled that the coach of the side, Thomas Dennerby left the team and the NFF appointed Christopher Danjuma to take care of the team. On his first day as a coach of the team, he appointed Barcelona striker, Asisat Oshoala as the captain, a decision that raised dust and controversy. Finally, the team failed to qualify for the Olympics for the third time consecutively with Danjuma failing to qualify them for the second time

Speaking to Black Ballers podcast, Desire spoke about her challenges as the team captain. In an extensive audio made available to Bussybudies, Desire said the problem started when she demanded that the girls be paid their allowances since 2016.

“A lot of things happened, and people don’t really know what’s happening inside, they only view things from outside and all of that. Before the World Cup, actually, we were being owed from way back 2016. 2016 to 2019, that’s three years. And ever since we were owed, they kept making promises. ‘We will pay you, we will pay you’ and three years went by. So, we were like ‘you guys can’t keep promising us, we will, we will, we will. We don’t even trust you people any more. All the time we will, we will, we will. At the end of the day, I mean, we are not kids. We have families who rely on us and all of that.”

It will also be recalled that the team had a sit-in protest in France as they refused to leave their hotel rooms.

Oparanozie said that the NFF agreed to pay the team but on the condition that only those in France would be paid. As the captain, Desire insisted that players who were not in France should be paid too. According to her, the fact that some of them could not make it to the World Cup should not deny them their money. Oparanozie further said she fought for those players. The NFF later paid players in France but Desire said she protested

“No, it doesn’t work like that, it’s not fair. It is not. All the people that have share from that money that are not in this team, you should, I mean, they should receive their monies first before us that are here.

So, that was one of the problems, and they obviously didn’t like it. But knowing how they do things and all of that, If I hadn’t done it that way, those people won’t get their monies, and then they would be like ‘you people are selfish and all of that, you’ve gone to collect your monies, you didn’t even bother for us to collect ours.”

Desire said her actions made the NFF officials furious

“So, that was part of the problems and some of them swore that ‘we are not going to have this. She is, I mean, we can’t control her’ and all of that. But it is not my problem. I did what I felt was right. Even if that’s the only thing I did, I’m very happy.”

Desire said she has no regrets about fighting for the rights of players as the captain. Since then, she was not invited for the next Falcons games, they eventually failed to qualify for the Olympics

The four-time AWCON Winner and FIFA U-20 World Cup Silver Medalist was officially unveiled on Tuesday, June 30, by French club, Dijon. She left En Avant Guingamp after six years at the club, scoring 45 goals in 106 games. She had scored 6 goals in 12 games before the league ended because of the global pandemic

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:10pm On Jul 01, 2020
Efih Peace Joins Zaragoza CFF
1st July 2020

Former Edo Queens and Rivers Angels midfielder, Efih Peace has joined Spanish Liga Iberdrola side, Zaragoza CFF. www.kick442.com can report.

The confirmation of her transfer was revealed on Zaragoza’s official Twitter handle and website on Wednesday, July 1, 2020.

The young African footballer, Peace, arrives from fellow Liga Iberdrola side, Sporting de Huelva, and thus becomes the new reinforcement for the Aragonese team, ahead of 2020-21 season.

The 19-year-old is characterized by her strength and physical display that develops in the midfield, although she also performs in the extreme position. Last season, she played a total of 18 matches with Huelva.

Efih Peace on her personal Facebook page also confirmed her transfer when she said “it’s been God, thank you Lord for another face of life. God over everything. 100% God”.

Before her arrival in European and Spanish football, she already had previous experience in the Nigerian Women’s league with Edo Queens and River Angels, in addition to an important international background with the Nigerian U-17 and U-20 team.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Dedetwo(m): 10:45pm On Jul 01, 2020
Schemerkhiz:
Efih Peace Joins Zaragoza CFF
1st July 2020

Former Edo Queens and Rivers Angels midfielder, Efih Peace has joined Spanish Liga Iberdrola side, Zaragoza CFF. www.kick442.com can report.

The confirmation of her transfer was revealed on Zaragoza’s official Twitter handle and website on Wednesday, July 1, 2020.

The young African footballer, Peace, arrives from fellow Liga Iberdrola side, Sporting de Huelva, and thus becomes the new reinforcement for the Aragonese team, ahead of 2020-21 season.

The 19-year-old is characterized by her strength and physical display that develops in the midfield, although she also performs in the extreme position. Last season, she played a total of 18 matches with Huelva.

Efih Peace on her personal Facebook page also confirmed her transfer when she said “it’s been God, thank you Lord for another face of life. God over everything. 100% God”.

Before her arrival in European and Spanish football, she already had previous experience in the Nigerian Women’s league with Edo Queens and River Angels, in addition to an important international background with the Nigerian U-17 and U-20 team.

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/11842247_fbimg15936096225461199_jpegf2de445b2b127434340193b5c34bb194

This girl could develop into a very good player.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:07am On Jul 02, 2020
Dedetwo:

This girl could develop into a very good player.

Yeah she's a good Midfielder, Have some similar traits with the Likes of Ngozi Okobi and Modric
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:55am On Jul 02, 2020
GERMAN BUNDELIGA club SC Sand signs American Born Nigeria Patricia George

The squad plans for the coming season are in full swing at the women's Bundesliga club SC Sand. As the next new addition, the club can introduce the American born Nigerian Patricia George. The player, born in Chicago, Illinois, comes from BV Cloppenburg to Ortenau, where she was last active in the 2nd women's Bundesliga. Before that, she played very successfully for the Chicago Red Stars in the American “Women's Premier Soccer League” (WPSL), which is comparable to the Flyeralarm Women's Bundesliga. The 23-year-old was noticed in Sand because she can be used very flexibly. During her time in her hometown of Chicago, she worked in no fewer than four positions. Patricia George is also in danger of scoring, which will certainly be good for SC Sand in the coming season. The thoroughbred athlete can also look back on trips to other sports. In previous years she was also quite successful as a wrestler or speed skater.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:58pm On Jul 04, 2020
Ngozi Okobi and Halimatu Ayinde in Eskilstuna United Lineup against K/Gothenburg today.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:14pm On Jul 04, 2020
Heard Ajibade scored today
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:42pm On Jul 06, 2020
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 4:54pm On Jul 08, 2020
Tochukwu Oluehi has signed for Spanish club, Pozoalbense..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:21pm On Jul 14, 2020
Onyinyechukwu Okeke is arguably the tallest Goalkeeper in the Nigeria Women's Premier League... The Former Junior international Haven't lived up to Expectations.. She came into play before the likes of Chiamaka Nnadozie, Rita Akarekor.. She's currently the first choice Goalkeeper of Bayelsa Queens.

Date of Birth; August 17, 1998 (21yrs)
Current Club; Bayelsa Queens
Height; 1.82cm(6 ft 0 in)

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:16pm On Jul 15, 2020
Uchenna Kanu has huge potential' - Linkopings coach Olof Unogard

The Swedish manager is delighted to have the Nigerian striker and feels she has everything in her to excel in Damallsvenskan

Linkopings head coach Olof Unogard is happy with Uchenna Kanu's fine start after she opened her maiden Swedish Damallsvenskan goal account with the winner against Djurgardens.

Kanu joined the Swedish outfit from Spanish Primera Iberdrola side Sevilla this summer following the expiration of her six-month contract.

The 23-year-old is gradually establishing herself in Sweden, having featured in three matches, scoring once and providing an assist in two starts for Unogard's team this season.

Having broken her Damallsvenskan duck last Saturday, the manager believes the Nigerian striker has huge potential in her while encouraging her not to rest on her oars.

"Everyone can see that she has huge potential," Unogard told Goal. 

"She still has to improve in defending but is a great asset for us offensively. Uchenna is a very humble person. 

"So I don’t need to tell her anything other than to keep improving and learning, and prepare well for a long and a competitive season."

The triumph over Durjgardens made it three wins out of three for Unogard's team as they go top of the Damallsvenskan log.

With his side opening a two-point gap on top of the table, the 31-year-old tactician attributed the progress to the efforts of the players and coaching crew as he focuses on stunning 2018 champions Pitea.

"It feels great, of course. I’m very happy for the players and the staff. They truly deserve it.

"We have been meticulous in choosing the players for this years’ squad. Great players but also great persons, that work well together.

"Against Pitea, it will be a tough away game for us but we are prepared and ready to go again!"

Unogard is eager to guide Linkopings to domestic glory this season and claim a Champions League berth but will count on Kanu to maintain their fine start at Faith Micheal's Pitea on Wednesday. I see her as the Female Ronaldo.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by jimmyiovine: 8:28am On Jul 17, 2020
@thenff President , Amaju Pinnick says @NGSuper_Falcons coach will be appointed next month while friendlies for the team will begin in January once the @FIFAcom window opens.

Money to pay Super Falcons coach is already in the kitty. Top coaches around the world are interested in the job says Amaju Pinnick.

All these quotes are from an interview done yesterday morning. We waiting for a new coach for our darling Super Falcons

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 12:57am On Jul 19, 2020
Ajibade on target in the Norway premier league ...two goals and a assist in 3 games

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:40am On Jul 20, 2020
Superfalcons Striker Ebere Orji in Action for Linkoping FC, she is currently the top Scorer in the OBOS Damallskveskan with 5goals

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by jimmyiovine: 7:17am On Jul 23, 2020
BPP delays NFF’s announcement of new coach for Super Falcons

Plans by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) to announce a new foreign coach for the Super Falcons this week may have suffered a ‘little delay.’ The Guardian learnt yesterday that the football house had reached agreement with a foreign tactician to step into the shoes of Swede coach, Thomas Dennerby, who left the Super Falcons job last September after 18 months in charge.

A top official of the NFF disclosed that because the salary and other emoluments demanded by the foreign coach was huge, the process had to go through the Bureau Of Public Procurement (BPP). He added: “As soon as that is sorted out we will announce a new coach for the Super Falcons.”

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (1074) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.