Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,072 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (801031 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (1071) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:00pm On Aug 02, 2020
Oshoala's brace. Jenni missed a bunch of chances but oshoala came on and set things off.

I noticed they didn't celebrate with her. Am I wrong? Abi how una take see am?

https://mobile.twitter.com/FCBfemeni/status/1290023666294484992
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:01pm On Aug 02, 2020
Schemerkhiz:

Asisat Oshoala is on fire �

Yes sir!!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:56pm On Aug 03, 2020
Outside oshoala this lady is my favorite Barcelona player. Kheira Hamraoui from France. Such a smooth operating midfielder

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:57pm On Aug 03, 2020
BascoVanVeli:
Outside oshoala this lady is my favorite Barcelona player. Kheira Hamraoui from France. Such a smooth operating midfielder

She alongside Marta #8 their right back are Asisat Oshoala closest pal's in the team..

She's such an intelligent player but I still wonder why France Coach keep Leaving her out of their National Team ... She plays Defensive/Center Midfield most times
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:26pm On Aug 03, 2020
Schemerkhiz:

She alongside Marta #8 their right back are Asisat Oshoala closest pal's in the team..

She's such an intelligent player but I still wonder why France Coach keep Leaving her out of their National Team ... She plays Defensive/Center Midfield most times

She is the female Sergio Busquets. She does the little things perfectly. She definitely would have made the French team better.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:05pm On Aug 03, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

She is the female Sergio Busquets. She does the little things perfectly. She definitely would have made the French team better.

Exactly... Have always wished she was a Nigerian because she such a good player
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:13pm On Aug 07, 2020
Linköpings FC's Ebere Orji is the player of the month in OBOS Damallsvenskan in July.

The striker, who has scored five goals and one assist so far, made the biggest impression on the jury, which consists of the league's captains, representatives from the media and partners.

OBOS Damallsvenskan finally started late at the end of June and a tight game schedule meant that six rounds were played during July. A player who stood out during the first rounds was Linköping FC's attacking star Ebere Orji who with five goals and an assist greatly contributed to Linköping being involved and fighting for the top places in the table. When it came time to nominate the Player of the Month, a prize awarded by Elitfotboll Dam's main sponsor Svenska Spel, Ebere was the jury's favorite. - It came as a shock to me. I am happy to win the award and I am very happy for my own sake and for the team's sake, says Ebere who says that both her own and the team's start to the season has been good. - For me, it is a privilege to score goals. It's good for me and it's good for LFC.

The coach saw a match player

However, one who is not surprised that Ebere Orji receives the award is her coach Olof Unogård, who already early in the season saw that Ebere could develop into something really good. - She came in in February from Umeå and then we did not have time to play so much before everything was canceled, but we noticed in the training matches we still had to play that she rose worryingly. We understood early on that she is a match player, because there were a few more snaps in comparison with the training. And when we started playing the Allsvenskan, there were a few more levels, so it was fantastic fun to see, says Olof who takes the opportunity to pay tribute to the person Ebere. - Off the field, she is a fantastic person and a very popular teammate. She is not the one who sounds and talks the most, but is wise and confident and works hard to constantly get better and learn the way we play. It's really fun that it went so well and I wish her all the success. Ebere Orji has, just like the team, high goals. She wants to be part of the fight for the medals and describes that she herself takes it step by step during the season. - I hope to do what I can to help the team end up at the top of the table.

SEK 10,000 to the highlight of the year

The winner of the Player of the Month award in OBOS Damallsvenskan is awarded SEK 10,000 by Svenska Spel to donate to one of the club's CSR projects. Ebere Orji has chosen the project LFC Night. Two evenings a year, about 750 girls are trained at Linköping Arena by the players in LFC, while the team leaders receive an inspiring education from Olof Unogård or his coaching colleagues. The project is part of LFC's sponsor and role model project which has resulted in more girls' teams and increased the number of players in Linköping by over 30 percent since the start in 2014. - It is a wonderful evening we have where we invite girls from all over Östergötland, says Olof Unogård and describes the evenings as the highlights of the year. - The arena is filled to the brim with young, wonderful football players who, like us, really think that this is the highlight of the year. Nicklas Biverståhl is the sponsorship manager at Svenska Spel. He is very happy that Ebere Orji has chosen to donate money to such an exciting and appreciated project as LFC Night. - As a young football-playing girl, getting the chance to be trained by her idols must be an incredible experience and it is completely in line with what we at Svenska Spel strive for. Player and leadership development from an early age is very important for us to continue to have a strong league and a strong national team. And who is not better to share tips on how to reach the top than those who are already there? That is what makes a project like LFC Night so exciting, he says and congratulates Ebere Orji on a great start to the season and on a well-deserved award.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lakesidepapa(m): 2:39pm On Aug 07, 2020
When are those fools in the glass house appointing a coach for the falcons??

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:36pm On Aug 07, 2020
lakesidepapa:

The thing tire me ooooo
with So much abundance of Stars no better results at the international stage, now in Africa we're coming down instead of raising higher and higher..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lakesidepapa(m): 3:51pm On Aug 07, 2020
Schemerkhiz:

The thing tire me ooooo
with So much abundance of Stars no better results at the international stage, now in Africa we're coming down instead of raising higher and higher..

Yes, these African teams are catching up with us, slow decision making and wrong management is really affecting this team.. I thought Pinick said a new coach for the team will be officially announced by ending of July, we are now in August.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by jimmyiovine: 9:41pm On Aug 07, 2020
lakesidepapa:

Honestly, I doubt a coach will be appointed this calendar year since there is no womens afcon
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:00pm On Aug 09, 2020
Oshoala starts for Barcelona Femeni in their friendly with Montpellier ladies today.

The Lineup:

11 @FCBfemeni vs @MontpellierHSC

1 Paños
4 María León
5 Melanie
7 Jenni Hermoso
10 Hamraoui
12 Patri
14 Aitana
16 Graham
20 Oshoala
22 Martens
26 Laia Codina

Subs:
25 Gemma (ps)
6 Losada
9 Mariona
11 Alexia
15 Leila
17 A. Pereira
27 Jana
28 Bruna
31 Sara

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:57pm On Aug 09, 2020
Oshoala scored 1 and assisted 1 as Barca Femeni smashed past Montpellier 6-1.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 2:36pm On Aug 10, 2020
naptu2:
RASHEEDAT AJIBADE!!!

Check out that asist!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tDsfv29vCU
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by jimmyiovine: 11:14am On Aug 11, 2020
COMMUNIQUE OF THE MEETING OF NFF EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE HELD VIA VIDEO CONFERENCE ON MONDAY, 10TH AUGUST 2020

9) The Board approved that the reputable consulting firm contracted by the NFF should, as soon as possible, submit a shortlist of candidates for the positions of Head Coach of the Super Falcons, NFF Head of Women Football, Head of Compliance Unit and Chief Commercial Officer.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:08am On Aug 16, 2020
IN MY OWN WORDS: Asisat Oshoala
The Nigerian striker reveals several secrets about her life ahead of the Champions League final stages

08:21AM SUNDAY 16 AUG (GMT)
WOMEN

I want to tell you about some parts of my life that you may not know about, now that we can finally play again after such a long break...

Phew, lockdown was difficult for me, because I was living alone for almost four months. I was shut indoors at home all the time and was obviously scared at first because I didn’t want to catch the virus. For two months I only left the house to go to the supermarket, and as soon as I got home I threw all my clothes in the wash! I also carried on training with all the uncertainty of not knowing what was going to happening to La Liga and the Champions League.

As I was so frightened, I spent a lot of time on the phone to my family, my mum, my dad, my family and friends. It meant a lot to stay in touch with them by video calls. And the situation in Nigeria wasn’t good either, especially in my city, Lagos, the capital.

My parents are shopkeepers. My family is polygamous. I know that sounds very strange in Europe but it’s normal in my country. In a Muslim society a man can have more than one wife. I think it’s quite natural because that’s the way it has always been for me. My father has two wives, and one of them is my mother. I have seven brothers and sisters, two from my mum and four from my father’s other wife.

I am very active on social networks so I am always in contact with my family. As I am alone so much time here, I also use Twitter and Instagram to engage with other people and have fun. I love it.

I observe Ramadan as well. It was much easier this year because it was at the same time as lockdown!

I believe in God. I pray, but I don’t always have my head covered. Just a few times or when I am at home. I obviously can’t wear a veil in my work. I observe Ramadan as well. It was much easier this year because it was at the same time as lockdown!

I went to a mixed school for boys and girls, and that’s where I started playing football during playtime and after class. I played for fun in the streets of Lagos, mainly on Sundays. And then I joined a girls’ team in the city. I was happy because I could play football every day. I must admit it caused a lot of arguments with my mother, but I got my way. When I joined the Rivers Angels it opened the doors to the national team and for the first time I realised I could go on to become a professional.

Five years ago I set up my own foundation, which basically encourages girls to go ahead with their dream of turning professional. We only work with women because men have enough opportunities anyway. I speak to them and play with them and try to make them more confident and help them to find a club. We’ve helped about 5,000 girls. It’s my little bit to help girls in Lagos.

Five years ago I set up my own foundation, which basically encourages girls to go ahead with their dream of turning professional

I think that it is hard for girls in Africa to play football and other sports in general. A lot of them have the same problems that I had when I was little in that their parents don’t want them to play and there aren’t many options for women footballers. I tell them never to give up, to keep fighting and believing in themselves. To love their football and to play it whenever they can. If you believe hard enough, one day your dreams will come true.

That’s what happened to me. In 2012 I went to the U20 World Cup, as a defensive midfielder, and when I went again in 2014 I became a forward. I was top scorer and MVP at that tournament and that convinced me that I was good enough to make a career out of football and play in other countries. The first was England. Well, I did have a trial with París Saint-Germain before the second U20 World Cup, but my first European club was Liverpool when I was just 20 years old. I got other offers, but as my only language is English, I took that option.

It was a good decision. I like Liverpool a lot. And that coach really believed in me and I was playing very well until I got injured. It was a nice experience and then I joined Arsenal the year after. I was very young and the changes were a lot for me to deal with, but I tried to adapt and be happy.

Then came the Chinese adventure. OMG! Dalian was a nice place, and my coach Farid Benstiti was like a father for me. He knew me from when I had a trail at PSG, and we spoke a lot and he boosted my confidence. The language, the food, the place, the people, it was all so different to Europe, but I was glad to have a European coach because none of the other players could speak English and I needed a private translator to speak to them. But despite all of that, it was a good experience.

The time came when I decided to return to Europe. That was in 2019 and the chance to come to Barça came up. I said yes. I didn’t think twice. I wanted to come here. From China, Barça was one of the best teams I had ever seen and I wanted to be part of that team. It was a magical moment to be able to come here.

My first six months were more than difficult. It was a new environment and not many people speak English, and I joined midway through the season so I had to adapt much quicker than normal. But I got too see a lot of interesting things in that half year, including qualifying for the Champions League final. Wow! I’d never played a game like that! I am proud to have scored Barça’s first ever goal in a European final but was also sad about the result. We had chances, and these are all about experiences, but we couldn’t do it.

Now we have another Champions League challenge ahead, against the best teams in Europe, and they are one-legged games in the Basque Country. We have to do the best we can

Now we have another Champions League challenge ahead, against the best teams in Europe, and they are one-legged games in the Basque Country. We have to do the best we can. After playing this competition last year, I know how competitive it is. I think the team can go far again. It will be hard after not playing for six months, but the game with Atlético will be one to watch.

Personally I’m feeling great. I’ve been improving and feel I fit better into the way the team plays. I’ve been scoring goals in the preseason and things are going well.

Everyone knows me for my long hair and last year I decided on a change of look. I cut my hair short. If I see a colour I like, I dye my hair. It’s orange at the moment, but next week it could be red, pink or yellow. Not for any special reason, simply because I like a change.

Before ending I want to congratulate the whole Barça family for winning the league after such a long time without winning it. I hope you will all be supporting us from your homes and that we will see you all again at the stadium very soon, and that we will all be able to celebrate the league title together.

Visca el Barça!

www.fcbarcelona.com/en/news/1753896/in-my-own-words-asisat-oshoala/amp

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 11:11am On Aug 17, 2020
A great assist and good vision she confident in her ability to pull off that assist ..she also won woman of the match on Saturday overall this season rasheedat has been superb i think she's okobi direct replacement for that attacking midfielder role [quote author=naptu2 post=92664057][/quote]
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 12:57pm On Aug 17, 2020
isan:
A great assist and good vision she confident in her ability to pull off that assist ..she also won woman of the match on Saturday overall this season rasheedat has been superb i think she's okobi direct replacement for that attacking midfielder role

These two players are typically different in position of play and style of play...

Okobi-Oke is a natural Attacking Midfielder who enjoys playing behind the Strikers most times but can also play as a Wing back in a 3-4-3 formation which have seen her play for her Clubside this season either left or right with Ayinde always by herside in the Midfield to cover up which allows her to be more attacking minded and either cut in or deliver crosses from the wing.

Her typical replacement in that Superfalcons Midfield is Chinaza Uchendu who's also a natural Attacking Midfielder.. if you watch Chinaza from her U20 days till date you will know.

Ajibade is a Striker that enjoy playing from either of the Flank but can also play as a number 9 and a make shift 10
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:01pm On Aug 17, 2020
if you watch the Superfalcons game's closely from 2018 till now you will always notice that Ajibade isn't a good replacement for Okobi in the Midfield, even though okobi isn't playing too well sometimes she still deliver those Defence splitting passes and has her own way of getting past her marker, the moment you bring in Ajibade for her the Midfield collapse totally..

Someone prove me wrong please..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:04pm On Aug 17, 2020
isan:
A great assist and good vision she confident in her ability to pull off that assist ..she also won woman of the match on Saturday overall this season rasheedat has been superb i think she's okobi direct replacement for that attacking midfielder role

Our young Strikers are currently doing well at their Clubside, soonest they will be able to displace the Senior Strikers for a starting place in the Superfalcons starting 11...

Kanu and Ajibade for Example
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 1:04pm On Aug 17, 2020
For the second consecutive week rasheed make the team of the week

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 1:10pm On Aug 17, 2020
I agree with u on ajibade but okobi doesn't enjoy playing 343 system as a wingback she's a gifted attacking midfielder that open up a stubborn defense with a splitting pass her ability to create a chance for strikers has reduced due to playing in a wing back position
Schemerkhiz:

These two players are typically different in position of play and style of play...

Okobi-Oke is a natural Attacking Midfielder who enjoys playing behind the Strikers most times but can also play as a Wing back in a 3-4-3 formation which have seen her play for her Clubside this season either left or right with Ayinde always by herside in the Midfield to cover up which allows her to be more attacking minded and either cut in or deliver crosses from the wing.

Her typical replacement in that Superfalcons Midfield is Chinaza Uchendu who's also a natural Attacking Midfielder.. if you watch Chinaza from her U20 days till date you will know.

Ajibade is a Striker that enjoy playing from either of the Flank but can also play as a number 9 and a make shift 10
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 1:15pm On Aug 17, 2020
The last time okobi had great performance for super falcons was in 2015 against Sweden she has been a shadow of herself since that time and ajibade is the closest to her for the no10 role chinaza is quite slow or maybe i need to watch her more
Schemerkhiz:

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 1:19pm On Aug 17, 2020
Who will displace oshoala ? She's a striker don't forget i think oparanozie is done she's too heart our strikers list goes like this

Oshoala
Ajibade
Umotong
Kanu
Schemerkhiz:

Our young Strikers are currently doing well at their Clubside, soonest they will be able to displace the Senior Strikers for a starting place in the Superfalcons starting 11...

Kanu and Ajibade for Example

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:21pm On Aug 17, 2020
isan:
The last time okobi had great performance for super falcons was in 2015 against Sweden she has been a shadow of herself since that time and ajibade is the closest to her for the no10 role chinaza is quite slow or maybe i need to watch her more

I think you should watch Chinaza Uchendu play first before anymore comments on that..

Yes Okobi isn't the Okobi she used to be from 2014/16

from 2017 season till date we haven't seen that Superb performance from her but she's still the most dangerous weapon in that Midfield..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:23pm On Aug 17, 2020
You can see for yourself

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:25pm On Aug 17, 2020
if I'm not mistaking but I will check again Okobi has been in the team of the week just once this season
Ayinde twice
Kanu twice
Orji Twice
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:31pm On Aug 17, 2020
isan:
Who will displace oshoala ? She's a striker don't forget i think oparanozie is done she's too heart our strikers list goes like this

Oshoala
Ajibade
Umotong
Kanu

Oparanozie is still on touchable, she scored 2 two days back then one yesterday Which is 3goals in two games...

Oparanozie is the only Natural, and most Physical number 9 we currently have, she's back
A player losing form in a season doesn't mean she's off forever.. I can't pick Superfalcons front 3 without Oparanozie been the no.9

As for Kanu she's the team Ronaldo because she plays more Similar to Ronaldo than any of the Superfalcons Strikers and in an interview she also said Ronaldo is her role model.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:35pm On Aug 17, 2020
isan:

Oshoala
Ajibade
Umotong
Kanu

I will go with this 7 as our Strikers based on Their Performance for the Superfalcons and current form..

Desire Oparanozie
Asisat Oshoala
Fransisca Ordega
Uchenna Kanu
Ebere Orji
Rasheedat Ajibade
Chinwendu Ihezuo
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 2:08pm On Aug 17, 2020
Ebere orji hasn't play for us in ages and umotong made the last provisional before she was cut i didn't know why omitted her from your list also KANU , ajibade and ihezuo will all fair better as a winger in a attacking system their frame doesn't fit a striker they will get bullied oparanozie lost form and appear heavy that is why I'm concern about her and u know will can't take all the strikers u listed to a major tournament. @ schemerkhiz
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 2:12pm On Aug 17, 2020
I wish we can get that girl playing for Liverpool rinsola babajide i doubt if the NFF are even making mover to get her to play for falcons
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:30pm On Aug 17, 2020
isan:
Ebere orji hasn't play for us in ages and umotong made the last provisional before she was cut i didn't know why omitted her from your list also KANU , ajibade and ihezuo will all fair better as a winger in a attacking system their frame doesn't fit a striker they will get bullied oparanozie lost form and appear heavy that is why I'm concern about her and u know will can't take all the strikers u listed to a major tournament. @ schemerkhiz

Orji Ebere have been off and on with the Superfalcons, She Played both Qualifying game of the 2016 AWCON under coach Florence Omagbemi but wasn't called up for the tournament...

Also 2018 AWCON she was invited for the Camping phase alongside Charity Adule, Oghonna Chukwudi but they didn't make the final cut... which I know was due to time frame for the tournament

Orji is a very good Striker, she plays any of the position upfront using both feets.

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (1071) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.