Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,333 members, 7,954,351 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:18 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (929396 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (1180) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:39pm On Aug 17, 2020
Desire Oparanozie Is still the most dangerous 9 we have she lost form from year 2018/19 due to the injury she sustained during the 2018 season, it really affected her a lot and you know we Nigerian aren't that patient with Player's we easily write them off especially when they are off form or they cost us winning...

If you noticed after the 2019 World Cup she managed to score 6 League goals for her Clubside..But I'm very happy she's back to fitness after working hard during the COVID-19 Lockdown..

Some of her followers on IG even complained about her training routine that a woman isn't supposed to train that hard because she really worked so hard ... with her recent pictures you will see she looks fit..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 8:49am On Aug 18, 2020
Ebere orji might be a good player but she is down the pecking order as far as the striking role is concerned ...if not for KANU umotong would have made the cut for 2019 world cup
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:04am On Aug 18, 2020
isan:
Ebere orji might be a good player but she is down the pecking order as far as the striking role is concerned ...if not for KANU umotong would have made the cut for 2019 world cup

You're not following up with her game that's why you're saying this... A player who recently won the player of the month of July in the Swedish OBOS Damallskveskan. She's an intelligent and quick player right from her U17 when she started pairing with Desire Oparanozie..

She, Kanu and Uchendu Chinaza plays for the same club
Orji has 5 goals and 2 assist
Kanu also have 5 goals and 1 assist

Orji and Kanu alongside Sweden national team Striker Hurtig pair upfront in a 3-4-3 formation for their Club...
Hurtig on the Left, Orji center, Kanu on the right...

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 9:47am On Aug 18, 2020
I'm not saying she not a good player but the current super falcons team is flowing with talent we can not take 5 strikers to a tournament thats why she got cut in 2018 she is down the pecking order
Oshoala
Oparanozie
Ajibade
KANU
Ihezuo and maybe umotong will get a letter before her
Schemerkhiz:

You're not following up with her game that's why you're saying this... A player who recently won the player of the month of July in the Swedish OBOS Damallskveskan. She's an intelligent and quick player right from her U17 when she started pairing with Desire Oparanozie..

Orji and Kanu alongside Sweden national team Striker Hurtig pair upfront in a 3-4-3 formation for their Club...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by jimmyiovine: 1:00pm On Aug 18, 2020
Well it is also dependant on the new coach and what their formation, playing style is and striker characteristics they will want. I think only Oshoala and Ajibade are sure inclusions in any squad announcements. But we have very good options and choices sha

isan:
I'm not saying she not a good player but the current super falcons team is flowing with talent we can not take 5 strikers to a tournament thats why she got cut in 2018 she is down the pecking order
Oshoala
Oparanozie
Ajibade
KANU
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:25pm On Aug 18, 2020
isan:
Oshoala
Oparanozie
Ajibade
KANU

Hmmm.... You're counting Ordega out of the list?? the 2nd Fastest Striker in the Superfalcons who does most of the work of drawing the Defenders to herself and delivering assist. An inform Ordega would cause disaster to any team Defence couple with Pace, strength, Skills and Fighting Spirit.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:30pm On Aug 18, 2020
jimmyiovine:
Well it is also dependant on the new coach and what their formation, playing style is and striker characteristics they will want. I think only Oshoala and Ajibade are sure inclusions in any squad announcements. But we have very good options and choices sha

Very Correct though but Only Asisat Oshoala is a guaranteed a 100% berth in the team as it stands as the star Player...

As for Ajibade it would be difficult for her to displace ever ready Ordega in either of the Flank and you can't bench an inform Oparanozie for her..

Kanu 23yrs, Ihezuo 23yrs, Ajibade 20yrs, Anam Imo 19yrs, Monday Gift 19yrs are for the nearest future maybe in 2years time..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:43pm On Aug 18, 2020
As it stands these are my Superfalcons 6 Strikers for any tourney for now...

Desire Oparanozie 26yrs
Asisat Oshoala 25yrs
Fransisca Ordega 26yrs
Ebere Orji 28yrs
Uchenna Kanu 23yrs
Rasheedat Ajibade 20yrs

Chinwendu Ihezuo 23yrs, Charity Adule 27yrs, Ini Umotong 26yrs etc...

Since the retirement of speedy Winger Stella Mbachu#7 in 2014 I haven't seen any Player capable of bringing in those qualities and excitement she brings to each game, have watched Sevilla FC Tony Payne 25yrs on several occasions she seems to have that same qualities, dribbling, pace and power even with their small frame.. I think Payne deserve a call up and I'm very sure she's has been cleared by FIFA to play for Nigeria

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 5:48pm On Aug 18, 2020
Schemerkhiz:
As it stands these are my Superfalcons 6 Strikers for any tourney for now...

Desire Oparanozie 26yrs
Asisat Oshoala 25yrs
Fransisca Ordega 26yrs
Ebere Orji 28yrs
Uchenna Kanu 23yrs
Rasheedat Ajibade 20yrs

Chinwendu Ihezuo 23yrs, Charity Adule 27yrs, Ini Umotong 26yrs etc...

Since the retirement of speedy Winger Stella Mbachu#7 in 2014 I haven't seen any Player capable of bringing in those qualities and excitement she brings to each game, have watched Sevilla FC Tony Payne 25yrs on several occasions she seems to have that same qualities, dribbling, pace and power even with their small frame.. I think Payne deserve a call up and I'm very sure she's has been cleared by FIFA to play for Nigeria

You have mail, sir.

Kindly check your inbox/spam and revert back to me.

Thanks.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by jimmyiovine: 6:29pm On Aug 18, 2020
I understand you. My argument on Ajibade is not about starting 11, just inclusion in any 23/25 man squad. She is viewed as a NFF baby/product. Came thru the ranks from u17, to u20 and now seniors. I know Ruth Davids, NFF head of Womens football really loved her on personal level which is similar to how most of the nff top guns view her. Without doubt the 100% guaranteed starter is Oshoala

Schemerkhiz:

Very Correct though but Only Asisat Oshoala is a guaranteed a 100% berth in the team as it stands as the star Player...

As for Ajibade it would be difficult for her to displace ever ready Ordega in either of the Flank and you can't bench an inform Oparanozie for her..

Kanu 23yrs, Ihezuo 23yrs, Ajibade 20yrs, Anam Imo 19yrs, Monday Gift 19yrs are for the nearest future maybe in 2years time..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:36pm On Aug 18, 2020
After reading through the debates ,I became sad.
It sadden my heart as a football fan that many talents in our female national teams are not yet harnessed due to our previous coaches deficiencies. I really don't count AWCON as a major trophy because it is ours to lose. I'm not sounding overconfident but as far as female football is concerned in Africa,Nigeria has the hottest fire powers.
I hope we get a tactically sound coach .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:39pm On Aug 18, 2020
jimmyiovine:
I understand you. My argument on Ajibade is not about starting 11, just inclusion in any 23/25 man squad. She is viewed as a NFF baby/product. Came thru the ranks from u17, to u20 and now seniors. I know Ruth Davids, NFF head of Womens football really loved her on personal level which is similar to how most of the nff top guns view her. Without doubt the 100% guaranteed starter is Oshoala

Yes she came through the Age grade team same with the other Listed attackers only Asisat Oshoala that didn't play U17..
Oparanozie, Ordega, Orji, Adule, Kanu, Ihezuo, Ajibade, all played U17 and U20 before graduating to the falcons..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:39pm On Aug 18, 2020
semid4lyfe:

You have mail, sir.
Kindly check your inbox/spam and revert back to me.
Thanks.
Alright then
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:54am On Aug 19, 2020
Schemerkhiz:

Hmmm.... You're counting Ordega out of the list?? the 2nd Fastest Striker in the Superfalcons who does most of the work of drawing the Defenders to herself and delivering assist. An inform Ordega would cause disaster to any team Defence couple with Pace, strength, Skills and Fighting Spirit.

She is a winger for us.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by jimmyiovine: 9:20am On Aug 19, 2020
‘Paper work’ delaying new Super Falcons coach, says NFF

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) says the search for a ‘quality coach’ for the Super Falcons has ended. The football body said that ‘paper work’ is the only thing delaying the announcement of a new trainer.

A top official of the NFF told The Guardian that the federation had reached an agreement with a ‘suitable manager’ for the Super Falcons, adding that proper documentation was being worked out with the coach’s representatives.

“We have secured a ‘suitable coach’ for the Super Falcons, but we are still in the process of documentation. There are so many ‘paper work’ that the process has to follow. But we are hopeful things will work out very soon,” the official said.

https://guardian.ng/sport/paper-work-delaying-new-super-falcons-coach-says-nff/
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 2:15pm On Aug 19, 2020
Ordega is a winger all the player i listed can easily play in the striking role ....ordega is a sure starter anytime anyday
Schemerkhiz:

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:17pm On Aug 20, 2020
Minsk FK releases Ogbiagbevha, Wogu

20th August 2020

Belarusian side, Minsk FK has parted ways with Nigerian duo of Emueje Ogbiagbevha, and Chioma Wogu, www.kick442.com can report.

The release of both players was confirmed on the club’s social media handles alongside that of club administrator, Lennox Etuka, and Yulia Duben who will be on loan at Zorka-BSU.

Emueje Ogbiagbevha will be leaving Minsk after the end of her contract in August. She has played for Minsk since 2016. During this time, together with the team, she became the champion of Belarus four times, took the Cup and Super Cup of Belarus four times, and also won the Baltic League in 2018.

In 2019, she was recognized as the best football player in the Belarusian championship. During four seasons of Minsk’s performances in the UEFA Women’s Champions League, Emueje scored 16 goals in 17 matches. This is a record of performance for the entire period of participation of Belarusian women’s teams in the European arena. She also played for the Nigerian national team.

Midfielder Chioma Wogu joined Minsk FK this season, having previously played for Super Falcons and Nigeria Women Football League, Premiership side, Rivers Angels. She will also be leaving the club with the expiration of her six months contract meaning that both players are now free agents.

“We thank the girls who left the club for their contribution to the success of the team and wish them a bright career, and Yulia – success in the lease.” Concludes a statement from Minsk FK announcing the players’ departure.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:20pm On Aug 20, 2020
Uchenna Kanu make Damallsvenskan Team Eleven of the Week:

Two big-playing midfielders in Djurgården and a five-goal shooter are some of those who take place in this week's eleven in the damallsvenskan.

GOALKEEPER

Jennifer Falk, 27, Kopparbergs / Göteborg

Falk kept her sixth and seventh zeros for this year this week and is safety herself in the goal when she gained full confidence as first goalkeeper. A very important cog in gold-thirsty Gothenburg which, thanks to this week's results, can in principle decide the series with a win in the series final against Sunday. It is not impossible that Falk is the match winner in that case.

DEFENDERS

Natalia Kuikka, 24, Kopparbergs / Göteborg

Kuikka was a giant against Vittsjö and sent a hard and very delicious shot straight into the cross with the left. But was only skill behind the goal? In any case, Kuikka himself believes that Emma Koivistos and her recurring "stone, scissors, bag" before each match was a must. “Hard to say if it went as well (without editor's note). It is important to have a recurring ritual, ”she said.

Portia Boakye, 31, Djurgården

We are not used to seeing experienced Boakye as a midfielder, but the Ghanaian can end up there many more times after the effort against FC Rosengård. The 31-year-old excelled against the strongest team in the series and was the highest contributor to the reigning champions being zeroed for the first time this year.

Gudrun Arnardottir, 25, Djurgården

Arnardottir made Mimmi Larsson himself fade, which is not an easy task. FC Rosengård came to the Stadium after scoring 16 goals in the last two matches but created a maximum of a couple of 100% chances against the bottom team Djurgården. A heroic effort by the Icelander paved the way for the heavy score.

Eva Nyström, 20, Umeå

Nyström was involved and kept a clean sheet in Umeå's scalp against Eskilstuna and in a half in the losing match against Kopparbergs / Göteborg. The young defender acted smart and was right in the position game against Gothenburg heavy offensive. She handled difficult situations with good game perception and physique.

MIDFIELD

Jutta Rantala, 20 Kristianstad

Rantala scored half of her goals for the season this week and was a big victory organizer against both Kif Örebro (one goal and one assist) and Växjö (one penalty goal). Just like the rest of the team that played nine straight games without a loss and took three straight victories, the Finn is playing with a higher self-confidence now.

Filippa Curmark, 25, Kopparbergs / Göteborg

Curmark had started all Allsvenskan matches before the Umeå match last. Once she was substituted at half time, after a goalless first Half it took only a few minutes before the midfielder nicely shot the ball in the crossbar from a distance and made for another Gothenburg victory. An important piece that the coaches did not want would be given a yellow card before the league final that awaits.

Anna Oscarsson, 24, Eskilstuna

Eskilstuna may not have stood for its strongest week overall, but the long-awaited scalp against Piteå promised well. It's crowded in the attack hard hard working Felica Rogic, sorry for that, but Oscarsson will at least get a place here. It is clear that the 24-year-old thrives on the football field again after the club change - very gratifying to see.

Uchenna Kanu, 23, Linköping

Kanu has lined up fine efforts since she came to LFC, and against Uppsala she took the place as central forward after weak form and benched compatriot Ebere Orji, who has not scored since the season-opening matches. After two new hits, the two Nigerians have scored five goals each, when Kanu also scored the consolation goal in the 1-7 loss against Rosengård this week.

Mimmi Larsson, 26, FC Rosengård

If you score five (!) Goals against the top team and the old club Linköping, you should of course have a place in this week's eleven. Larsson is the strongest player in the league and has risen a couple of notches in his new club after a heavy season in the wrong position in LFC last year. There is fierce competition in the national team, but the shooting queen's effort in the first half of the season stands out.

Svava Ros Gudmundsdottir, 24, Kristianstad

When the other two strikers in the eleven delivered eight goals together this week, you can actually take the liberty of picking out one who has gone goalless, at least on paper. The Icelander steered in the decisive goal against Kif Örebro (which Anna Welin got) and is a key player in the team's joyful offensive which has resulted in a total of 23 goals so far this year - and above all six new points last week.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 12:09pm On Aug 21, 2020
jimmyiovine:

Oshoala and Ordega, rather, are sure inclusions!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 12:23pm On Aug 21, 2020
Schemerkhiz:

Orji has been down the pecking order for a while now. Though she has started strong this season, she has to be consistent... She must prove that she's ready to get back into the national team.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 12:39pm On Aug 21, 2020
Schemerkhiz:
if you watch the Superfalcons game's closely from 2018 till now you will always notice that Ajibade isn't a good replacement for Okobi in the Midfield, even though okobi isn't playing too well sometimes she still deliver those Defence splitting passes and has her own way of getting past her marker, the moment you bring in Ajibade for her the Midfield collapse totally..

Someone prove me wrong please..

Okobi has surprisingly regressed... I don't know why, but she's supposed to have MATURED at this time. If you've noticed, Nigeria hardly dominates a game she features in, she's even poor defensively- a setback in modern day football, she lacks pace.
A more serious up and coming player can easily displace her.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 12:43pm On Aug 21, 2020
Schemerkhiz:

Orji Ebere have been off and on with the Superfalcons, She Played both Qualifying game of the 2016 AWCON under coach Florence Omagbemi but wasn't called up for the tournament...

Also 2018 AWCON she was invited for the Camping phase alongside Charity Adule, Oghonna Chukwudi but they didn't make the final cut... which I know was due to time frame for the tournament

Orji is a very good Striker, she plays any of the position upfront using both feets.

They were not good enough!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 12:51pm On Aug 21, 2020
isan:
For the second consecutive week rasheed make the team of the week

Ajibade has got so much potentials... She's actually one of the most talented players on the team, she's developing very fast, with so much to offer. In a very short time, trust me, she'll be tying down a permanent position- a sure starter.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:20am On Aug 22, 2020
Patricia George joins SC Sand: Time to Shine ?

Raised in an athletic family, 23-year old American-born forward, Patricia George always dreamt of playing football professionally. She signed her first professional contract in January 2020, with BV Cloppenburg, and scored twice on her debut. It would seem like the perfect start to life as a pro, until the coronavirus pandemic forced the cancellation of the season with Patricia having only made two appearances and out of contract. Back to square one.

She finally completed a move to SC Sand in July 2020, and has now been unveiled as a member of the German Bundesliga 1 club. She spoke exclusively with EaglesTracker ahead of the upcoming season.

Advertisements
Q: How excited are you to be joining SC Sand and making the step-up to Bundesliga 1 ?

A: I’m so excited to be playing for Sc Sand and being able to play in Bundesliga 1. The journey to get here has been pretty long and hard. Just having to work out and keep in shape during times when I didn’t even know if I would even be on a team was definitely discouraging at times. So I’m just so Grateful that i continued to work hard and trust the process and finally get to playing top level soccer, and living out my dream of playing professionally.

Q: What are your goals and expectations for the upcoming season ?

A: My goal for this season is just to keep improving on my craft on the field. This will be a very good test for me, being that this is my first time playing at this level. So I want to go into the season with full confidence, and also allow my self to learn from my mistakes without getting down on my self, and to continue to get better as a football player. I expect the season to be tough and really test my abilities, but I’m confident that I will come out stronger and a better player!

WILLSTATT, GERMANY – AUGUST 10: Patricia George of SC Sand Women’s poses during the team presentation on August 10, 2020 in Willstatt, Germany. (Photo by Alexander Scheuber/Getty Images for DFB)
Is it finally Patricia’s Time to Shine ?
SC Sand kick off their 2020/2021 Bundesliga campaign with a trip to Bayern Munich on September 6th at 1pm, Nigerian time.

What do you think of the story ? Leave a comment or reaction below.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:41am On Aug 22, 2020
CoolJulian:

Okobi has surprisingly regressed... I don't know why, but she's supposed to have MATURED at this time. If you've noticed, Nigeria hardly dominates a game she features in, she's even poor defensively- a setback in modern day football, she lacks pace.
A more serious upcoming player can easily displace her.

Nigeria hardly dominates a game she features in, she's even poor defensively- a setback in modern day football, she lacks pace.
A more serious upcoming player can easily displace her.[color=#990000][/color]

Talking about Okobi, you can't say her game has regressed, because she's more experienced and matured, though not physically strong but her defensive game have improved a lot, a good follower of the women's game will notice this, she plays multiple positions for her Clubside as an Attacking Midfielder behind the Strikers, as a Wing Back/winger, and as a Striker..I haven't seen any Young Attacking Midfielder that can displace her yet maybe one or two year to come..

Talking about Nigeria hardly dominating games she plays in that's a Big NO... She's even the one delivering the Balls that sets up Oshoala, Ordega and Oparanozie goals... It's normal for a player to lose form sometimes but that doesn't mean she's no longer good...

2014 AWCON she was dribbling pass two Cameroonian player's close their 18meter Box before she was brought down which Oparanozie scored the Direct freekick for the first goal..

2015 We all knows this was her best performing year at the World Cup maybe we should be expecting another one of this performance..

2016 AWCON; She gave the last assist from the right wing with her Left Foot which Oparanozie scored..

2018 AWCON; During the final against South Africa she delivered a perfect ball to Ordega which South Africa Goalkeeper came out for and brought down Ordega in the Penalty Box and the resulting Penalty was missed by Oshoala, Ebere wanted to take the penalty but Oshoala insisted as the Star player...

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lakesidepapa(m): 10:10pm On Aug 22, 2020
Schemerkhiz:

Nigeria hardly dominates a game she features in, she's even poor defensively- a setback in modern day football, she lacks pace.

Talking about Okobi, you can't say her game has regressed, because she's more experienced and matured, though not physically strong but her defensive game have improved a lot, a good follower of the women's game will notice this, she plays multiple positions for her Clubside as an Attacking Midfielder behind the Strikers, as a Wing Back/winger, and as a Striker..I haven't seen any Young Attacking Midfielder that can displace her yet maybe one or two year to come..

Talking about Nigeria hardly dominating games she plays in that's a Big NO... She's even the one delivering the Balls that sets up Oshoala, Ordega and Oparanozie goals... It's normal for a player to lose form sometimes but that doesn't mean she's no longer good...

2014 AWCON she was dribbling pass two Cameroonian player's close their 18meter Box before she was brought down which Oparanozie scored the Direct freekick for the first goal..

2015 We all knows this was her best performing year at the World Cup maybe we should be expecting another one of this performance..

2016 AWCON; She gave the last assist from the right wing with her Left Foot which Oparanozie scored..

2018 AWCON; During the final against South Africa she delivered a perfect ball to Ordega which South Africa Goalkeeper came out for and brought down Ordega in the Penalty Box and the resulting Penalty was missed by Oshoala, Ebere wanted to take the penalty but Oshoala insisted as the Star player...

Okobi is an oil lubricant in that team when it comes to attacking prowess. Good ball control, Very skillful, Technical, she can dribble her father, visionary, a very good passer of the ball and she can attack space very easy. The real AM of the team. I really love this girl, She's my most favorite player in that team, and she's also cute�.
One of the outstanding players from our age grade set, We will keep producing amazing female footballers in this country as far as we partake in age grade competitions.

Bros, How far about the u17 & U18?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:54am On Aug 23, 2020
Midfield and defense are lacking. U can throw any name u want but all I know is that in the last competitions that has been the calling card. Both fullback positions need to be addressed but the midfield is mainly about organization and who does what task
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:58am On Aug 23, 2020
Schemerkhiz:

The player that dominated Sweden in the 2015 world cup has never been seen since. Now a days she might have a moment of brilliance but in the 2014 nations cup she was unplayable start to finish.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 12:22pm On Aug 23, 2020
BascoVanVeli:
Midfield and defense are lacking. U can throw any name u want but all I know is that in the last competitions that has been the calling card. Both fullback positions need to be addressed but the midfield is mainly about organization and who does what task

Noted... Thomas Dennerby didn't go to the 2018 AWCON with a natural Right Back, Faith Ikidi Michael was the only Center/Full back that was in the team but at her age she's very slow in returning, and not that attacking minded, her positioning and ability to read the game has been her major strength in the game..

We already have young Lads ready to take over from the Senior player's,

Ugo Njoku 25yrs who returned from France in 2017 was off the game from 2018/19 but thank Goodness she's back with Rivers Angels.. so it would be great to see her battle young star Chidinma Okeke for that position..

Ngozi Ebere is already 29yrs though not doing bad, she also have her own way of stepping up her game when the occasion arises.. Another Young star who's is currently doing well at the Left Back position in Germany is Patricia George 23yrs but she's very strong, fast,Uses both feets effectively and Skillful.she can also play as a Wing back, winger..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 12:29pm On Aug 23, 2020
We really need to give young Defensive Midfielder Christy Ucheibe who plays for Benfica FC in Portugal a chance too because we're currently lacking in that position, She was our second best player at the U20 World Cup in France behind Nnadozie Chiamaka.. Ayinde does better when she plays as a Central Midfielder or box to box because of her strength...

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 10:16pm On Aug 23, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

The player that dominated Sweden in the 2015 world cup has never been seen since. Now a days she might have a moment of brilliance but in the 2014 nations cup she was unplayable start to finish.

Exactly my point... She just has moments of brilliance, and that's just it. In a lot of games, she vanishes. This is not a good thing, and i reiterate that she never helps the team to dominate, even against average teams... This goes against the fire with which she brought to the team during her early days.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:47pm On Aug 25, 2020
Oshoala played and scored in the Final of the UEFA Women's Champions league for 2018/2019 which saw Barca lose 4-1 to Lyon. She became the first African woman footballer to score in the final.

Now she seeks bigger history, to make the final again and this time win it!!!

Oshoala and her Barca teammates gun for bigger glory after conquering Spain's Primera Iberdola.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (1180) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.