Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,048 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (794286 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (1068) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 9:07am On Feb 18, 2021
Ordega has been the woman of the match so far

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:38am On Feb 18, 2021
PDPGuy:
Ordega has been the woman of the match so far

Ordega is a true baller, She was just terrifying the Russian side with her pace and moves...

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by labas370(f): 10:08am On Feb 18, 2021
But some respect to the coach. I think he is way better than the previous coach.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by labas370(f): 10:14am On Feb 18, 2021
Our players are no longer in a rush to balloon the ball in the air. They are keeping possession. Pressing hard and playing very okay.. they defence and midfield have been quite solid. Just the final third is remaining. The scoreline doesn't show how our girl have been using this CSKA team for practice.. Atleast, it should have been upto 8goals by now

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 10:41am On Feb 18, 2021
Toni Payne dribbled a lot and her final ball is very lacking , oshoala just didnt try today at all

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 10:42am On Feb 18, 2021
No more kick and rush football grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:14am On Feb 18, 2021
isan:
Toni Payne dribbled a lot and her final ball is very lacking , oshoala just didnt try today at all

I wished Okobi was fully fit... Even her Club friendly game last weekend she didn't play, she's just recovering from the Surgery she had last year December

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 1:51pm On Feb 18, 2021
PDPGuy:
1-0 to SF!

Who scored the goal?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 2:28pm On Feb 18, 2021
solonnachi:

Who scored the goal?
Ihezuo
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 2:43pm On Feb 18, 2021
isan:

Ngozi Okobi should be careful. Payne is ready to steal her shirt

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:47pm On Feb 18, 2021
Our first game in well over a year and I really liked what I saw overall. We were dominant and always in control even though it didn't reflect in the scoreline. Yes, some disjointed plays for scattered periods in the second half but the girls were good.

Our central defence pair really stood strong and bullied the CSKA ladies' attackers into submission.

And Ordega... Wow. You wouldn't even know she hasn't been active for a while at club level. Our most lively player in the first half.

Toni Payne dey ball but needs to work on her decision making. But truly She is a baller and it's hard to take the ball off her when in her elements.

I feel like the girls just secured a comfortable win. They didn't even leave Gear 1 from what I saw. They just did enough to control the game and secure the win.

Really love the way we kept building up our plays from the back and through the middle sometimes and not just via the wings.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:14pm On Feb 18, 2021
Deubtant, Toni Payne and Uchenna Kanu

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:16pm On Feb 18, 2021
Seems the women in the NFF have no voice or are just part of the whole charade.

isan:
NFF always flexing their muscle on innocent players ...shame on all the women in NFF for allowing this rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:18pm On Feb 18, 2021
Eventually got knocked 5-0. Na wa.

Schemerkhiz:
25Min. E/Guinea (0)-(3) Uzbekistan

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:27pm On Feb 18, 2021
Yeah and so far Atletico haven't been getting the results like they consistently do. One win in their last three games and that win saw Rasheedat bag her first goal. Ajara gets more time but still boast same goals count with Rasheedat. I hope Rasheedat gets her chances going forward. Rasheedat, Deyna and Ajara can function together if the Atletico coach wills it.

Anyway, Chelsea ladies dey wait dem for UWCL. I wish them luck. grin

isan:
Going forward i hope she get more chance ajara is really benching her i think the coach is only going for experience

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 3:28pm On Feb 18, 2021
Not with those final balls from Payne ..I still think okobi can bench payne
solonnachi:

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:29pm On Feb 18, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FynId7ZO5Q

Randy's Post match brief with the falcons' media officer (I think).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 3:33pm On Feb 18, 2021
I think ajara scored scored like 3 or 4 goals already ? Remember she scored twice in a cup final and shes scored couple of goals in the league as well
TheSuperNerd:
Yeah and so far Atletico haven't been getting the results like they consistently do. One win in their last three games and that win saw Rasheedat bag her first goal. Ajara gets more time but still boast same goals count with Rasheedat. I hope Rasheedat gets her chances going forward. Rasheedat, Deyna and Ajara can function together if the Atletico coach wills it.

Anyway, Chelsea ladies dey wait dem for UWCL. I wish them luck. grin

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:37pm On Feb 18, 2021
Lol. It's just one League goal.

The other two came in a cup final vs Levante. Also bagged an assist. The Female Super Copa Espana.

Same Levante came and slapped them 3-0 in the league. Ajara played and couldn't repeat her magic.

So right now, Rash and Ajara are on same league goals count.

isan:
I think ajara scored scored like 3 or 4 goals already ? Remember she scored twice in a cup final and shes scored couple of goals in the league as well

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:34pm On Feb 18, 2021
solonnachi:

Hahaha, Okobi the Best Attacking Midfielder as far as Africa Women Football is concerned, to me if she returns to the team, Tony Payne might move to her usual position which is the Right Wing... Okobi knows our forwards better and how to serve them with the ball. With a better Coach again she would even do more better

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:37pm On Feb 18, 2021
Did you guys see how Rita Chikwelu was able to hold the Midfield Defensive duties well??

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 6:11pm On Feb 18, 2021
Will the likes of Ordega, Oshoala, Oparanozie, Okobi ever play at the Olympics?

It’s frankly unthinkable that they have missed the last THREE Olympic Games (including this year’s edition)
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:18pm On Feb 18, 2021
PDPGuy:
Will the likes of Ordega, Oshoala, Oparanozie, Okobi ever play at the Olympics?

It’s frankly unthinkable that they have missed the last THREE Olympic Games (including this year’s edition)

They will definitely play the next one which is 2024, By then they will be within 30-31yrs

Onome Ebi, Tochukwu Oluehi, Rita Chikwelu are currently the only Players in the team to have played at the Olympic..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:24pm On Feb 18, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FynId7ZO5Q

Randy's Post match brief with the falcons' media officer (I think).

Wow I heard his accent and immediately guessed texas. U can hear the southern hospitality in his voice.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 10:27pm On Feb 18, 2021
[quote author=BascoVanVeli post=99201874]

Wow I heard his accent and immediately guessed texas. U can hear the southern hospitality in his voice.[/quote

Nerdie. I love his accent too but I think we have first wait for the 2nd match against Uzbekistan on Saturday before we can assess and judge the technical qualities of this coach. Uzbekistan defeated Equatorial Guinea 5-0
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 12:31am On Feb 19, 2021
solonnachi:

For real!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 12:34am On Feb 19, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Our first game in well over a year and I really liked what I saw overall. We were dominant and always in control even though it didn't reflect in the scoreline. Yes, some disjointed plays for scattered periods in the second half but the girls were good.

Our central defence pair really stood strong and bullied the CSKA ladies' attackers into submission.

And Ordega... Wow. You wouldn't even know she hasn't been active for a while at club level. Our most lively player in the first half.

Toni Payne dey ball but needs to work on her decision making. But truly She is a baller and it's hard to take the ball off her when in her elements.

I feel like the girls just secured a comfortable win. They didn't even leave Gear 1 from what I saw. They just did enough to control the game and secure the win.

Really love the way we kept building up our plays from the back and through the middle sometimes and not just via the wings.

I did not watch, but this analysis is beautiful, encouraging too.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 12:52am On Feb 19, 2021
Schemerkhiz:

Hahaha, Okobi the Best Attacking Midfielder as far as Africa Women Football is concerned, to me if she returns to the team, Tony Payne might move to her usual position which is the Right Wing... Okobi knows our forwards better and how to serve them with the ball. With a better Coach again she would even do more better

Sentiments aside, if Okobi keeps playing the way she's been playing lately, Payne will displace her easily. You must also take into account that this just Payne's first game for the team.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 12:57am On Feb 19, 2021
Schemerkhiz:
Did you guys see how Rita Chikwelu was able to hold the Midfield Defensive duties well??

Chikwelu has always been a classy player, but she has been looking lethargic of late, could be that age is catching up on her.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:16am On Feb 19, 2021
CoolJulian:

Sentiments aside, if Okobi keeps playing the way she's been playing lately, Payne will displace her easily. You must also take into account that this just Payne's first game for the team.

There was not one pass yesterday that told me Okobi is in any danger.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:46am On Feb 19, 2021
CoolJulian:

You didn't watch the game so please go ahead and watch the game first before further comments. You don't throw Comments just because everyone is complementing Payne..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by labas370(f): 5:07pm On Feb 19, 2021
i just finished rewatching the Equatorial.Guinea vs Uzbekistan match. I noticed that the Eq. Guinea team were initially dull, not agile and very slow to react, maybe due to lack of football activities. Although they got an early red card within 2 mins. The uzbekistans are not even upto par with the SF and im just wondering how and why the Eq.G allowed them to ship in morethan 4 goals within 35mins and i can't really blame them. i don't know why africa is filled with stupid leaders. Not to sound like a sexist, but there ought to be some strict laws in place to balance equality between the male teams and the female teams. Many african countries always focus on their male teams and neglect their female teams eg. nigeria, Eq.G,. I remember well enough during perpetual nkwocha's time, Eq.G and the Bayana Bayana were the dreadful teams the S.F always find difficulty to beat. I would have said that i don't know what happened to the strong Eq.G team but i know. It's corruption. There should be a law mandating all the national teams to have active male and female leagues and not just only the male league. Any country that fails to setup something like that should be suspended from all CAF tournaments.
Next, CAF should start women champions league. Africans need to formulate strategies that will work well for our development. I still don't understand why more priorities are giving to the nigerian male teams while the female team are just given the i don't care treatment. Super Falcons can't throwaway a 4-0 lead against a low ranked african team at home. I can't see that happening even in the next 20 years.

I'm just boiling after rewatching this Eq.G vs Uzb match. south Africa will trash this Uzb, team likewise Cameroon. I can't say much of ghana, CIV, mali and zambia. I just pray and hope that they SF trash this Uzb team with a min. of 8-0 so that i can't feel happy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (1068) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: geonyte(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.