Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (794122 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (1068) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:43pm On Feb 14, 2021
Rasheedat Ajibade came on for Cameroonian star, Ajara Nchout in the 75th min with scores at 2-1 and bagged her first Atletico Madrid Femenino goal in the Primera Iberdrola vs Valencia.

Her goal cemented a 4-1 win for Atletico Madrid Femenino.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:45pm On Feb 14, 2021
Would love to see who Randy calls up this time as replacements. Would he now turn to Oparanozie after the initial snub? Hmmmm...

Schemerkhiz:
Four pull out of Nigeria's Turkish Women's Cup squad as CSKA Moscow replace Zambia

Some players will not be able to represent the country at the women's competition after withdrawing for varying reasons

Four players have pulled out of Nigeria's 23-woman squad for the 2021 Turkish Women's Cup in Alanya, Goal can exclusively report. 

The affected players are Atletico Madrid striker Rasheedat Ajibade, Paris FC goalkeeper Chiamaka Nnadozie, SL Benfica midfielder Christy Ucheibe and Eskilstuna United midfielder Ngozi Okobi-Okeoghene.

The unfortunate development is coming 48 hours after the Nigeria Football Federation released their team's roster on Thursday.

On reasons for pulling out, Goal understands Ajibade and Ucheibe's withdrawal are due to administrative reasons, while Okobi-Okeoghene and Nnadozie were exempted on health grounds. 

The setback has left coach Randy Waldrum racing against time to find replacements, with his initial 23-woman list now reduced to 19.

As it stands, coach Waldrum will be hoping for a last-minute replacements, considerably foreign-based to fill the void left by the four players in the squad.

Meanwhile, CSKA Moscow will take the place of Zambia in Group A following the African nation's withdrawal from the event on Tuesday.

The development means the Super Falcons will now face the Russian champions on February 18, before taking on Ubezkistan on February 20 and Equatorial Guinea three days later in Alanya.

The Nigeria-based contingents are scheduled to depart the country on Sunday and expected to arrive in Turkey on Monday, February 15. 

Waldrum will meet with the team for the first time since his engagement last October and will hope for a title-winning start in charge of the African champions in Turkey.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:10pm On Feb 14, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Would love to see who Randy calls up this time as replacements. Would he now turn to Oparanozie after the initial snub? Hmmmm...

Randy Waldrum isn't the one who Snubbed Desire Oparanozie, NFF did
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:13pm On Feb 14, 2021
Schemerkhiz:

I doubt an American would take a job and allow for that. This is someone who has backed out of coaching this team before. I just don't see that happening.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:20pm On Feb 14, 2021
Ofcos I know that. But does it also mean the NFF is the coach now? Randy works for the NFF so they are all in it together. He was able to get himself a deal of handling the team while he keeps his other job and the NFF bowed. So why won't he also insist on Desire if he really wanted her on the list?

I know it is the NFF who got beef with Desire but as long as Randy and the NFF work together, I cannot separate them on this Desire exclusion.

Schemerkhiz:

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:22pm On Feb 14, 2021
Turkish based Ramat

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:24pm On Feb 14, 2021
This is nonsense. While Desire is still being ignored??

They could just call up lasses from the NWFL rather than going to Turkey.

Schemerkhiz:
Turkish based Ramat

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 4:25pm On Feb 14, 2021
Ahahahha like u are reading my mind i was going to say that exactly
Schemerkhiz:

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 4:27pm On Feb 14, 2021
NFF always flexing their muscle on innocent players ...shame on all the women in NFF for allowing this rubbish
TheSuperNerd:

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 4:29pm On Feb 14, 2021
Going forward i hope she get more chance ajara is really benching her i think the coach is only going for experience
TheSuperNerd:
Rasheedat Ajibade came on for Cameroonian star, Ajara Nchout in the 75th min with scores at 2-1 and bagged her first Atletico Madrid Femenino goal in the Primera Iberdrola vs Valencia.

Her goal cemented a 4-1 win for Atletico Madrid Femenino.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:33pm On Feb 14, 2021
Congratulations Asisat Oshoala

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:39pm On Feb 14, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Considering expenses, Ramat is there in Turkey.
An Attacking Midfielder

By the Chiamaka Nnadozie is also out of the tournament, Tochukwu Oluehi is a bit Rusty not having game time at her Club..

Christy Ohaeriaku has been Edo Queens first choice goalkeeper this Season..
I would have loved to see Onyinyechukwu Okeke among the goalkeepers, very tall goalie

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:35pm On Feb 14, 2021
Well kitted Super Falcons players ( Onome Ebi and Christy Ohiaeriaku) , A commendable fact is that Nike made it specially for the women's team as they showed off the super Falcons boldly written in the arm stripes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 12:55am On Feb 16, 2021
TIME FOR WORK!

Our head coach @CoachWaldrum discharging his duties in our first training session (indoors) after his familiarisation meet with the ladies here in Antalya ahead of our participation in the Turkish Cup.

Keep up with our match schedule at the Turkish Cup:

Thursday: 18/02/21
vs CSKA Moscow
⏰ 8.30am

Saturday: 20/02/21
vs Uzbekistan
⏰ 5:00pm

Tuesday: 23/02/21
vs Equatorial Guinea
⏰ 9:00am

(All times in WAT)

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 6:09am On Feb 16, 2021
Schemerkhiz: Thanks for the update.

Thursday’s match will be the first match in 16 months for the team.
The Super Falcons were last in action in October 2019 - the ill fated Olympic qualifier vs Cote D’ Ivoire in Lagos that ended in a 1-1 draw.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:39pm On Feb 16, 2021
Superfalcons

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JorgedeToledo: 7:14pm On Feb 16, 2021
@Schemerkhiz, do you know how one can watch the games live on TV or through the internet?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:32pm On Feb 16, 2021
JorgedeToledo:
@Schemerkhiz, do you know how one can watch the games live on TV or through the internet?

I think NPFL.tv might show it

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JorgedeToledo: 8:09pm On Feb 16, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

I think NPFL.tv might show it
Okay, thanks BascoVanVeli.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:17am On Feb 17, 2021
JorgedeToledo:

There would be a Streaming Link and also through the Evima sport YouTube channel, so let's wait for it..

Superfalcons Media Officer have also promised to drop the streaming link..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:13pm On Feb 17, 2021
My Girls, Tony Payne and Patricia George

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JorgedeToledo: 4:45pm On Feb 17, 2021
Schemerkhiz:

There would be a Streaming Link and also through the Evima sport YouTube channel, so let's wait for it..

Superfalcons Media Officer have also promised to drop the streaming link..
Thanks @Schemerkhiz
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:31pm On Feb 17, 2021

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:33pm On Feb 17, 2021
25Min. E/Guinea (0)-(3) Uzbekistan

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:22am On Feb 18, 2021
Superfalcons Line up against CSKA Moscow WFC, Russia

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by labas370(f): 8:11am On Feb 18, 2021
Any link?

Schemerkhiz:
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 8:33am On Feb 18, 2021
The game is on McSport TV on youtube.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 8:38am On Feb 18, 2021
Schemerkhiz:
I guess Coach Waldrum is deploying a 4-3-3 formation
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 8:50am On Feb 18, 2021
The SF are effectively pressing the Russians high up the pitch and are enjoying a majority of the possessions so far (70%)

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:57am On Feb 18, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGq18yxbD3c

Watch the Superfalcons match against CSKA Moscow WFC here
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 8:58am On Feb 18, 2021
I like the way we are moving the ball forward no kick and rush

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 9:01am On Feb 18, 2021
1-0 to SF!

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (1068) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: mostob(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.