Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (805975 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (1073) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:22pm On Feb 19, 2021
@bolded... Make that the next "1000" years. It just won't happen!!! It's impossible.

Kaaaiii the "Rohrbish" of Benin City. angry

labas370:
i just finished rewatching the Equatorial.Guinea vs Uzbekistan match. I noticed that the Eq. Guinea team were initially dull, not agile and very slow to react, maybe due to lack of football activities. Although they got an early red card within 2 mins. The uzbekistans are not even upto par with the SF and im just wondering how and why the Eq.G allowed them to ship in morethan 4 goals within 35mins and i can't really blame them. i don't know why africa is filled with stupid leaders. Not to sound like a sexist, but there ought to be some strict laws in place to balance equality between the male teams and the female teams. Many african countries always focus on their male teams and neglect their female teams eg. nigeria, Eq.G,. I remember well enough during perpetual nkwocha's time, Eq.G and the Bayana Bayana were the dreadful teams the S.F always find difficulty to beat. I would have said that i don't know what happened to the strong Eq.G team but i know. It's corruption. There should be a law mandating all the national teams to have active male and female leagues and not just only the male league. Any country that fails to setup something like that should be suspended from all CAF tournaments.
Next, CAF should start women champions league. Africans need to formulate strategies that will work well for our development. I still don't understand why more priorities are giving to the nigerian male teams while the female team are just given the i don't care treatment. Super Falcons can't throwaway a 4-0 lead against a low ranked african team at home. I can't see that happening even in the next 20 years.

I'm just boiling after rewatching this Eq.G vs Uzb match. south Africa will trash this Uzb, team likewise Cameroon. I can't say much of ghana, CIV, mali and zambia. I just pray and hope that they SF trash this Uzb team with a min. of 8-0 so that i can't feel happy

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:26pm On Feb 19, 2021
Displace who easily? Oga noooo... Payne is a baller alright but her decision making let her down a couple of times in the CSKA game and this is where Okobi edges. Payne will have to do much more to challenge for Okobi's spot in the team.

CoolJulian:

Sentiments aside, if Okobi keeps playing the way she's been playing lately, Payne will displace her easily. You must also take into account that this just Payne's first game for the team.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:57pm On Feb 19, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Deubtant, Toni Payne and Uchenna Kanu

One time teammates at Sevilla
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:58pm On Feb 19, 2021
Patricia George is a hottie!! With all due respect grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:09am On Feb 20, 2021
Yes true. Interesting that Kanu didn't even stay long.

BascoVanVeli:

One time teammates at Sevilla
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:11am On Feb 20, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
Patricia George is a hottie!! With all due respect grin

As in eh.... Hot lass. Ordega and Desire got Competition. grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:30am On Feb 20, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

As in eh.... Hot lass. Ordega and Desire got Competition. grin

Serious one ooo grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:32am On Feb 20, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Yes true. Interesting that Kanu didn't even stay long.

That and the Ordega to atletico move are very strange. U would have thought they would have stayed longer
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by sanpipita(m): 12:45am On Feb 20, 2021
labas370:
i just finished rewatching the Equatorial.Guinea vs Uzbekistan match. I noticed that the Eq. Guinea team were initially dull, not agile and very slow to react, maybe due to lack of football activities. Although they got an early red card within 2 mins. The uzbekistans are not even upto par with the SF and im just wondering how and why the Eq.G allowed them to ship in morethan 4 goals within 35mins and i can't really blame them. i don't know why africa is filled with stupid leaders. Not to sound like a sexist, but there ought to be some strict laws in place to balance equality between the male teams and the female teams. Many african countries always focus on their male teams and neglect their female teams eg. nigeria, Eq.G,. I remember well enough during perpetual nkwocha's time, Eq.G and the Bayana Bayana were the dreadful teams the S.F always find difficulty to beat. I would have said that i don't know what happened to the strong Eq.G team but i know. It's corruption. There should be a law mandating all the national teams to have active male and female leagues and not just only the male league. Any country that fails to setup something like that should be suspended from all CAF tournaments.
Next, CAF should start women champions league. Africans need to formulate strategies that will work well for our development. I still don't understand why more priorities are giving to the nigerian male teams while the female team are just given the i don't care treatment. Super Falcons can't throwaway a 4-0 lead against a low ranked african team at home. I can't see that happening even in the next 20 years.

I'm just boiling after rewatching this Eq.G vs Uzb match. south Africa will trash this Uzb, team likewise Cameroon. I can't say much of ghana, CIV, mali and zambia. I just pray and hope that they SF trash this Uzb team with a min. of 8-0 so that i can't feel happy

Caf are starting women's champions league soon think this year

As for Equatorial Guinea, they were basically poaching and naturalizing foreign players, they never developed local talents or had a good league it was going to cost them at some point, they took a short and expensive route to women's football

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:55am On Feb 20, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

That and the Ordega to atletico move are very strange. U would have thought they would have stayed longer

Fransisca Ordega move to Atletico de Madrid Femenino was on Loan.. the season in America then was over that's why she moved there to continue playing. same with her loan move to Sydney FC
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:02am On Feb 20, 2021
sanpipita:

Caf are starting women's champions league soon think this year

As for Equatorial Guinea, they were basically poaching and naturalizing foreign players, they never developed local talents or had a good league it was going to cost them at some point, they took a short and expensive route to women's football

Real Point, Benefiting from Nigerian, Cameroonian Players, especially Brazil who supplied them with like 40% of the Players then.

Na now them wan start to da Build..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:39am On Feb 20, 2021
labas370:

The Uzbekistan I watched that day isn't supposed to get even a single goal against the falcons, they should be well beaten by the Superfalcons with at least 5goals to nil, that's if we play well and take our chances
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by 68816419: 11:05am On Feb 20, 2021
When is Nigeria's next match please
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 12:50pm On Feb 20, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Displace who easily? Oga noooo... Payne is a baller alright but her decision making let her down a couple of times in the CSKA game and this is where Okobi edges. Payne will have to do much more to challenge for Okobi's spot in the team.

OK... We wait and see.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:00pm On Feb 20, 2021
Schemerkhiz:

Fransisca Ordega move to Atletico de Madrid Femenino was on Loan.. the season in America then was over that's why she moved there to continue playing. same with her loan move to Sydney FC

Yea agreed but she barely got on the pitch and they could have kept her if they wanted because she didn't stay with her American team for long after. Plus there are no transfer fees in the female game
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:02pm On Feb 20, 2021
What time is the match?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:37pm On Feb 20, 2021
Saturday: 20/02/21
vs Uzbekistan
5:00pm

Tuesday: 23/02/21
vs Equatorial Guinea
9:00am

(All times in WAT)

#SoarSuperFalcons

BascoVanVeli:
What time is the match?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 4:30pm On Feb 20, 2021
Line up

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 5:16pm On Feb 20, 2021
So far, the game has been played in the Uzbekistan half of the field
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 5:17pm On Feb 20, 2021
Link please.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 5:21pm On Feb 20, 2021
carbonado:
Link please.
Type “McSport” on YouTube

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 5:24pm On Feb 20, 2021
The Uzbeks are making a double change already
Wow
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 5:27pm On Feb 20, 2021
Possession
Nigeria 78%-22% Uzbekistan
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 5:29pm On Feb 20, 2021
This game has been played almost exclusively in Uzbekistan’s half
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 5:34pm On Feb 20, 2021
PDPGuy:

Type “McSport” on YouTube
Thanks.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 5:50pm On Feb 20, 2021
Half time
Nigeria 0-0 Uzbekistan

That was one of the most one-sided halves of football that I’ve ever watched! The SF must have had no less than 80% of the ball possession and 7 corner kicks in that first half
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 5:51pm On Feb 20, 2021
The SF definitely need to pass the ball a bit quicker. A lot of times during the 1st half, when not under any sort of pressure, it took 2 secs for a player to make a pass to an unmarked player
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 5:52pm On Feb 20, 2021
We completely dominate the first half and create 2 clear cut chances both missed by ihezuo and Payne , onome ebi also missed a free header
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 5:53pm On Feb 20, 2021
Exactly...they need to make their decision more quicker
PDPGuy:
The SF definitely need to pass the ball a bit quicker. A lot of times during the 1st half, when not under any sort of pressure, it took 2 secs for a player to make a pass to an unmarked player

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 6:07pm On Feb 20, 2021
Goal for the Super Falcons!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Clint02(m): 6:23pm On Feb 20, 2021
That our number 10 good

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 6:56pm On Feb 20, 2021
FT
Nigeria 1-0 Uzbekistan

Halimat Ayinde’s goal in the 48th minute was the difference between both sides

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (1073) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.