Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,455 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (805813 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (1073) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 1:44pm On Feb 16, 2018
[quote author=solonnachi post=65113087][/quote]
Bala Nikyu has never done well even with good players. He must be wetting some palms in the NFF. I believe our U17 are already out anyway.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:12pm On Feb 16, 2018
TRANSFER: Halimatu Ayinde completes Swedish move
By JWsports1 - February 16, 2018

Nigeria international Halimatu Ayinde has joined Swedish Elitettan division club Asarum IF.

The 22-year-old joins Asarum IF from former Nigerian champions River Angels on a one-season contract, from 1 March to 30 October 2018.

“It will be exciting to come and play in Sweden,” said Ayinde who formerly played for Belarusian champions FC Minsk.

“Asarum is a newcomer to the league and I will do my best to help the team to a good position as possible.”

Ayinde becomes the second Nigerian at the club after Josephine Chukwononye and the fourth in the league after Ebere Orji (Umeå) and Sarah Michael (Lidköping).

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 9:09pm On Feb 16, 2018
Wafu cup update

Ghana 9 - 0 niger FT
Ivory coast 1 - 1 Burkina faso
Niger has conceded 14 goals in two matches

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 9:36pm On Feb 16, 2018
isan:
Wafu cup update

Ghana 9 - 0 niger FT

Niger has conceded 14 goals in two matches
They are learning at least unlike Benin Republic that ran away.
Take Superfalcons, in our first two world cup's and even third, we conceeded many goals, at least in a game we must have let in up to 7 goals, but since 2007 even in same group of deaths, it's now hard fought and we just lose by slim goal margins or play draws.
Benin Republic would never grow if they keep running away from tournaments.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 12:53pm On Feb 17, 2018
But they still have a very long way to go that is just Ghana b team o
Daejoyoung:

They are learning at least unlike Benin Republic that ran away.
Take Superfalcons, in our first two world cup's and even third, we conceeded many goals, at least in a game we must have let in up to 7 goals, but since 2007 even in same group of deaths, it's now hard fought and we just lose by slim goal margins or play draws.
Benin Republic would never grow if they keep running away from tournaments.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 12:54pm On Feb 17, 2018
Wafu cup

Nigeria vs Senegal
Togo vs mali
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:55pm On Feb 17, 2018
isan:
But they still have a very long way to go that is just Ghana b team o

Abeg me I no want that kind lesson o
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:12pm On Feb 17, 2018
18' Brilliant effort! Chioma Wogu locates Alice Ogebe and the latter makes space in the front of Senegal's box but her lob went inches wide. 0-0
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:13pm On Feb 17, 2018
Goooooal! Rasheedat Ajibade heads Nigeria in front as she sees the end of Glory Ogbonna's cross form a corner beyond Senegal's goalkeeper Ouleye Dieye in 19th minutes #WAFUWomensCup #NGASEN
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:14pm On Feb 17, 2018
27' in Abidjan: Mama Diop finds Ngeuna Ndaiye in the front of the Nigeria's box but she was crowded off the ball by the defense for goalkeeper Nnodizie Chiamaka to make any easy save. 1-0
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:14pm On Feb 17, 2018
Goooooal! Ajibade with another easy tap in after she was put through by Chioma Wogu before rounding up the Senegalese goalkeeper to grab her brace of the match on the half hour mark. Now Nigeria 2-0 Senegal #WAFUWomensCup
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:15pm On Feb 17, 2018
Goooooal! Ajibade nets her hat-trick as she slots in a flowing pass across the face of Senegal's goal from Glory Ogbonna in 34th minute Now 3-0 for Nigeria #WAFUWomensCup #NGASEN
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:16pm On Feb 17, 2018
Goooooal! Ajibade nets her hat-trick as she slots in a flowing pass across the face of Senegal's goal
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:34pm On Feb 17, 2018
#Nigeria WNT list vs #Senegal Nnadozie Chiamaka 21 Ogbonna Glory 3 Jegede Joy 15 Famuditi Kemi 6 Ologbosere Mary 2 Ogebe Alice 19 Igbinovia Osarenoma 4 Onyebuchi Goodness 20 Anam Imo 11 Wogu Chioma 9 Rasheedat Ajibade 8 Coach: Thomas Dennerby #WAFUWomensCup

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:05pm On Feb 17, 2018
75' in Abidjan: Nigeria pushing hard to add more goals but the Senegalese woman are putting up a strong resistance. Still 3-0 in favour of the African queens. #WAFUWomensCup #NGASEN
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:06pm On Feb 17, 2018
79' in Abidjan: Senegal pile up pressure on Nigeria's defense with Ngeuna Ndiaye racing pass her marker at the far left but her final effort from distance went wide #WAFUWomensCup #NGASEN
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Icon4s(m): 7:07pm On Feb 17, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Coach Nikyu Confident As Flamingoes Fly To Cameroon For U-17 WWC Clash
By Johnny Edward

Nigeria’s U-17 women national team, the Flamingoes, will depart the shores of the country on Friday aboard Asky Airlines from Abuja to Yaounde for the second leg clash of the 2018 FIFA U17 Women’s World Cup qualifying fixture against their Cameroonian counterparts a media statement from the Nigerian Football Federation has revealed.

Both teams played out a 2-2 draw in the the first leg at the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium, Benin City a fortnight ago.
Bala Nikyu who coached the team at the two last editions of the FIFA World Cup, however remains confident that his girls will beat Cameroon to qualify for the sixth edition of the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup.
The tournament takes place from 13 November to 1 December 2018.

“The Cameroonian girls were too physical for my girls in the first leg but we have devised means to beat them in the Yaounde on Sunday,” Nikyu told CSN.

“We have trained well and we pray for luck as well in the game.”
Nigeria have never failed to qualify for the FIFA U17 Women’s World Cup.

The Flamingos were part of the inaugural party in New Zealand in 2008, and also featured at the 2010 (Trinidad and Tobago), 2012 (Azerbaijan), 2014 (Costa Rica) and 2016 (Jordan) editions.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/coach-nikyu-confident-flamingoes-fly-cameroon-u-17-wwc-clash/

After the Flamingos only managed to squeeze pass Ethiopia Courtesy of an away score draw I asked that question that is it that the Ethiopians were that good or the Nigerian girls were poor?

I think that 2-2 draw against Cameroon in Benin answered that question.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:13pm On Feb 17, 2018
85' in Abidjan: Senegal make final change with Mariama Diedhiou replaces Jeanne Sokhana Niang after Seynabuo Mbengue and Mada Tounkara had came on for Astou Ngom and Salimatu Ndiaye. Nigeria lead 3-0 #WAFUWomensCup
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:16pm On Feb 17, 2018
Inside final five minutes of the encounter, the entry of Okafor Ujunwa, Peace Efih and Okwuoma Ogechi is offering Nigeria a solid second half as they currently protect their 3-0 lead. #WAFUWomensCup
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:17pm On Feb 17, 2018
90' in Abidjan: 4 minutes added time signaled by the fourth official. Nigeria 3-0 Senegal
#WAFUWomensCup #NGASEN
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:20pm On Feb 17, 2018
Rasheedat Ajibade has been named the Woman Player of the Match for the almost concluded Nigeria vs Senegal encounter having netted a hat-trick.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 9:56pm On Feb 17, 2018
Nigeria attack nah fire oo... Oshoala , oparanozie , ajibade , ordega , france 2019 go hear am grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 11:52pm On Feb 17, 2018
Mali 8 0 Togo
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:01am On Feb 18, 2018
With an Ngozi Okobi behind them.... And the bench having options like Courtney Dike, Iniabasi Umotong, Sophia Omidiji, etc....... We will get there shaa... Let's hope Dennerby makes the best of the Super Falcons' Top talents coming through. We truly can be a force at the world cup if we stay competitive and organise top quality matches for our girls to build super synergy.

Let's trust that the friendly with France in April is a sign of more quality games to come for the Super Falcons

isan:
Nigeria attack nah fire oo... Oshoala , oparanozie , ajibade , ordega , france 2019 go hear am grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:16am On Feb 18, 2018
In Group A, it would be interesting to see who qualifies.... Lol.

Who would have thought that Burkina Faso will be topping that group after two games? Well, that is the situation right now... wink

Ghana vs Burkina Faso is gonna be interesting...

Ghana lost 1-0 to hosts, CIV in their opening game while Burkina Faso won 5-1 against Niger rep.

In the second round of matches as already reported, Ghana bounced back to win 9-0 against Niger with goals from Portia Boakye (2), Janet Egyir (2), Grace Asantewaa, Priscilla Okyere, Ruth Appiah and Jane Ayieyam (2).

While, Burkina Faso bravely played out a 1-1 draw against hosts CIV.

This makes the Ghana vs Burkina Faso game very interesting to watch. Can Burkina Faso produce a shock and steal a point off Ghana to qualify for the semis? Or would Ghana beat he Burkinabes? Time will tell....

The other game between CIV and Niger will be another whitewash for Niger. They will be going home with a basket full of goals conceded no doubt. A hellish learning experience for them. At least they had the heart to come out and play unlike others like Benin rep. grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:19am On Feb 18, 2018
And just like I predicted, Rasheedat Ajibade is indeed stamping her authority at this WAFU Women's Cup. What a show from the magical and super clinical No.8 and Chioma Wogu (no.9) and Glory Ogbonna (no.3, LB) also showed their stuffs providing cool assists for Ajibade's goals.
I really feel for Togo who awaits usvinbyhe last game... cry

Here is Ajibade with her MVP award courtesy majorly of her first half hat trick...

The second pic shows the line up before the game vs Senegal...

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:22am On Feb 18, 2018
Yes it did answer and even revealed more things sef.... cry That Cameroonian team no be beans I swear. They can score goals. I fear for the girls in Cameroon. Let's see what the drafting in of some lads still eligible from the U-20s will yield.... Wish them the best but Nikyu has to be given the boot. He hasn't improved at all.

Icon4s:

After the Flamingos only managed to squeeze pass Ethiopia Courtesy of an away score draw I asked that question that is it that the Ethiopians were that good or the Nigerian girls were poor?

I think that 2-2 draw against Cameroon in Benin answered that question.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 7:50am On Feb 18, 2018
Wishing the Flamingoes all the best against Cameroon today.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:48am On Feb 18, 2018
PDPGuy:
Wishing the Flamingoes all the best against Cameroon today.

They will need all of it Sir... Aaaaaallllllllll of it... Their chances just weak me... Just trying to hang in there for them...

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 12:43pm On Feb 18, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Yes it did answer and even revealed more things sef.... cry That Cameroonian team no be beans I swear. They can score goals. I fear for the girls in Cameroon. Let's see what the drafting in of some lads still eligible from the U-20s will yield.... Wish them the best but Nikyu has to be given the boot. He hasn't improved at all.

Why The NFF haven't fired Nkiyu since,I don't get....

Can't they just give the women u-17 job to one of those ex players?? somebody like the legendary Perpetual Nkwocha... she was coaching a female team in Sweden last time I checked...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by blacksteel(m): 4:13pm On Feb 18, 2018
What time
is Flamingos match with Cameroon pls
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 4:59pm On Feb 18, 2018
blacksteel:
What time
is Flamingos match with Cameroon pls
lt's already on.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (1073) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.