Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,868 members, 7,862,905 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:48 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (840376 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (1089) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 3:59pm On Jun 14, 2021
Zogg is a fan favorite while the whole thread criticized ogbonna it is only you that criticized zogg , even in the super eagle thread there are some players they don't criticize

But please in the future don't ever criticize zogg again my heart can not take it thank you
TheSuperNerd:
And that is what I am doing my best now to address. Ogbonna made no such mistakes yesterday but some folks here would rather keep analysing her with the mistake from the Jamaica game. Not fair.

Zogg deserved to be criticised as well as Okeke coz they both made huge mistakes. And I did mention Zogg's mistake which cost us but I also admit she settled in good afterwards. So that's the balance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 4:01pm On Jun 14, 2021
I hope the NFF also kick them out of the 6 nations tournament we invited them for
Clint02:
This mann!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 4:03pm On Jun 14, 2021
Clint02:
This mann!! grin
The Ghanaians though have some good youth talents.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 4:04pm On Jun 14, 2021
Whatever happened to Igbinovia? I thought she was one of the potential heirs to Ayinde’s position.
We really need quality options in the DM and CM positions, because at this rate, I’m not sure whether Chikwelu will cut it for us at the 2023 World Cup (kinda the same situation with Ebi).

Anyway, I must commend the NFF for organizing at least 9 friendlies (including the September invitational tournament) in a SINGLE calendar year for the Super Falcons. I don’t think even the SE have had to play up to 4 friendlies in a year (except for WC years). The Glass House shouldn’t relent but do more of the same next year.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 4:04pm On Jun 14, 2021
isan:
I hope the NFF also kick them out of the 6 nations tournament we invited them for
grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:07pm On Jun 14, 2021
Naah, every player gets criticised on the Super Eagles thread. There is always that one person for every player that must drop criticism no matter what. The difference is in how much of it is given and the volume of the Criticism.

And sorry, I cannot follow your plea. grin Your Queen really messed up for that Portugal third goal. That act alone deserves huge criticism but every one here dey enter Ogbonna because she no fine like Zogg. That is just being mega biased and we all know it. grin

isan:
Zogg is a fan favorite while the whole thread criticized ogbonna it is only you that criticized zogg , even in the super eagle thread there are some players they don't criticize

But please in the future don't ever criticize zogg again my heart can not take it thank you

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 4:07pm On Jun 14, 2021
isan:

Biased people grin grin

I have been noticing her weak passes ever since. I complained about it here,when she committed that blunder. She has good long balls, but her legs need tramadol injection, so she can make strong short passes.

Also, she plays as if she's scared of underperforming. Kind of conservative. I don't know if that's how she plays normally but she needs to free up and add more confidence.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 4:13pm On Jun 14, 2021
Honestly i saw everything against Jamaica even the penalty ogbonna give away she was was trying to cover for zogg i also see ogbonna make 2 solid block in quick succession to deny Jamaica second goal
JohnBullMySon:
Biased people grin grin

I have been noticing her weak passes ever since. I complained about it here,when she committed that blunder. She has good long balls, but her legs need tramadol injection, so she can make strong short passes.

Also, she plays as if she's scared of underperforming. Kind of conservative. I don't know if that's how she plays normally but she needs to free up and add more confidence.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:15pm On Jun 14, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Tops as usual, Basco. wink

Thanks brother.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 4:18pm On Jun 14, 2021
U know the super eagle thread is big so there's many factions there's pro Senior man , pro osihmen , pro uzoho , pro okoye , pro home based , pro home groomed players , pro foreign based , pro foreign groomed players
TheSuperNerd:
Naah, every player gets criticised on the Super Eagles thread. There is always that one person for every player that must drop criticism no matter what. The difference is in how much of it is given and the volume of the Criticism.

And sorry, I cannot follow your plea. grin Your Queen really messed up for that Portugal third goal. That act alone deserves huge criticism but every one here dey enter Ogbonna because she no fine like Zogg. That is just being mega biased and we all know it. grin

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 4:22pm On Jun 14, 2021
isan:
I hope ghana fa doesn't listen to her demands cheesy
...... AMEN... grin grin cool cool
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 4:34pm On Jun 14, 2021
isan:
Honestly i saw everything against Jamaica even the penalty ogbonna give away she was was trying to cover for zogg i also see ogbonna make 2 solid block in quick succession to deny Jamaica second goal
But you were blinded by love cool. Na why male ref no go ever ref women's game.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:35pm On Jun 14, 2021
isan:

Lol.... Yeah and so much more... But that didn't stop you from criticizing Osimhen one time remember? grin
So you see my good man, every player have, at some point, had their own share of criticisms on there, be it big or small (or even intermediate grin )

So to be honest, if Ogbonna is being called out for her error vs Jamaica, then we should also call out Beauty Queen, Zogg grin because her short passing was also suspect for the two games played so far, most especially the Portugal game and even made us concede so cheaply.

To be honest, if Zogg was not this beautiful, most folks famzing her now won't see too much into her showings so far or even hype it as they are doing. That's the truth. But it's okay, let it roll... Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:41pm On Jun 14, 2021
isan:

Oho!!! Thank you oooo.... Biko tell them! grin

I am not saying Ogbonna is suddenly the best backup to Ngozi Ebere (wherever she is now) but she did deliver decent showings but because she no fine like Zogg, folks here won't see the contributions she made in both games. They only see her error(s) and manufacture analyses that make her look absolutely terrible. It is not fair really.

Kaaiiii.... Isan... God bless you for speaking this honestly even though your love for Zogg remains staunch. Indeed, your love is true... because Love does not LIE!!!! Lol grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:41pm On Jun 14, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
She might be very good at it. the both of them were very accurate. Even if the Portuguese player hadn't jumped, it wouldn't still be a foul. No dangerous play and she hit the ball first.

I don't know ooo being in the box makes everything different. Plus even if u get the ball u can't go through the player and that is what mainly brings those pens
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 4:58pm On Jun 14, 2021
maybe we all excused zogg against Jamaica because its her debut , we also excused her error yesterday because she's too beautiful tongue and in the future we are going to find more excuse for her grin
TheSuperNerd:

Oho!!! Thank you oooo.... Biko tell them! grin

I am not saying Ogbonna is suddenly the best backup to Ngozi Ebere (wherever she is now) but she did deliver decent showings but because she no fine like Zogg, folks here won't see the contributions she made in both games. They only see her error(s) and manufacture analyses that make her look absolutely terrible. It is not fair really.

Kaaiiii.... Isan... God bless you for speaking this honestly even though your love for Zogg remains staunch. Indeed, your love is true... because Love does not LIE!!!! Lol grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 5:00pm On Jun 14, 2021
I was so scared of those sliding tackles yesterday
BascoVanVeli:

I don't know ooo being in the box makes everything different. Plus even if u get the ball u can't go through the player and that is what mainly brings those pens
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 5:06pm On Jun 14, 2021
isan:
maybe we all excused zogg against Jamaica because its her debut , we also excused her error yesterday because she's too beautiful tongue and in the future we are going to find more excuse for her grin
grin grin grin
If France's Karchaoui were to be playing for super falcons, na im be say this thread go explode oh.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 5:06pm On Jun 14, 2021
cheesy[quote author=TheSuperNerd post=102717912]Please point out one big mistake Glory Ogbonna made in the Portugal game. I would love to hear them.
It is okay not to rate a player but rubbishing her as entirely rubbish doesn't cut it for me. Compared to Okeke, she made no mistakes leading to goal or a turnover yet you want us to believe she was 100% terrible. I won't have that, sorry.

As for Chidinma Okeke, she made huge mistakes and was jittery at CB but that should not suddenly induce amnesia in all of us. She is still a sound performer at fullback and on her day, good enough to start for us.

Lastly, watching the game at the stadium live or watching live from my gadgets doesn't make one looks more legit. It is the same game we saw and you are just being plainly unfair in your assessment of Ogbonna and Okeke.I wonder why you didn't rip into zogg in the same manner Please be unbiased. Thanks.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 5:09pm On Jun 14, 2021
A question was asked about Igbinovia by PDPGUY, pls TheSuperNerd and others do the justice pls

And BTW no post Ordega pix his oooo, an no want those admirers to coman spy on original African beauty from Benue
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 5:13pm On Jun 14, 2021
But that time osihmen no dey score not inform at all unlike now that he is a beast
TheSuperNerd:

Lol.... Yeah and so much more... But that didn't stop you from criticizing Osimhen one time remember? grin
So you see my good man, every player have, at some point, had their own share of criticisms on there, be it big or small (or even intermediate grin )

So to be honest, if Ogbonna is being called out for her error vs Jamaica, then we should also call out Beauty Queen, Zogg grin because her short passing was also suspect for the two games played so far, most especially the Portugal game and even made us concede so cheaply.

To be honest, if Zogg was not this beautiful, most folks famzing her now won't see too much into her showings so far or even hype it as they are doing. That's the truth. But it's okay, let it roll... Lol
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 5:14pm On Jun 14, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
True. Her crosses are very dangerous. It'll take the grace of God for us not to concede in that game.
And that is where Nnadozie would have been the better pick ahead of Oluehi. Her height would have been a big advantage.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 5:15pm On Jun 14, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
This is no clout chasing. Believe you me. I'm darker than she though.
. Abeg bro, hope your younger sister is just like her too? grin grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 5:20pm On Jun 14, 2021
mostob:
. Abeg bro, hope your younger sister is just like her too? grin grin
Before i answer you, how much dey your aza? cool

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 5:35pm On Jun 14, 2021
Thanks for your feedback.
The fact of the matter is that Ogbonna has been in the SF setup for a long time. You expect people like that to have learnt a thing or two about intelligent play. She is slow on the ball and makes comical errors that are not acceptable from 'veterans' of the team - and that is why she is ripped into. Just like I did with Ordega, Chikwelu and Okeke. The fact that she didn't concede a penalty yesterday does not negate her poor judgement and unnecessary dilly-dallying on the ball. Her decision making skills are mediocre and frankly, she is not good enough at this level. And my comments are predicated on not just these summer series, but go back to the Antalya games she played earlier this year.
On Zoog, yes, she made a mistake BUT you could see she was trying to make a pass over the oncoming player and badly misplayed the ball. Bummer. If she had pulled off the pass, it would have been an intelligent play. I will excuse her error because this was only her second game with the team. The same cannot be said about Ogbonna.
On Okeke, sound performer? I guess that's why she is a benchwarmer at CFF Madrid, right?
Yes, we saw the same game but from different perspectives. I was fortunate to see the general movements of all players on the field, on and off the ball - something that is next to impossible if I had watched it on TV.
TheSuperNerd:
Please point out one big mistake Glory Ogbonna made in the Portugal game. I would love to hear them.
It is okay not to rate a player but rubbishing her as entirely rubbish doesn't cut it for me. Compared to Okeke, she made no mistakes leading to goal or a turnover yet you want us to believe she was 100% terrible. I won't have that, sorry.

As for Chidinma Okeke, she made huge mistakes and was jittery at CB but that should not suddenly induce amnesia in all of us. She is still a sound performer at fullback and on her day, good enough to start for us.

Lastly, watching the game at the stadium live or watching live from my gadgets doesn't make one looks more legit. It is the same game we saw and you are just being plainly unfair in your assessment of Ogbonna and Okeke. I wonder why you didn't rip into Zogg in same manner. Please be unbiased. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:51pm On Jun 14, 2021
Mister, the total summary of your reports on Ogbonna reeked of bias. Simple. You just don't like her. You didn't even name one good thing Ogbonna did but just labelled her as entirely rubbish.
And as expected you have FAILED to point out one single major error she committed yesterday. All I see is just manufactured talking down of a player. Nothing more. Sometimes you folks forget she is still a young lass. You talk as if she is some veteran.

Now here you are making excuses for Zogg but she was atrocious at times with her passing from the two games. You never mentioned that until I did. For a player based in Europe and exposed to better football facilities and training than what a player like Ogbonna gets back home in Nigeria, I expected her to at least be assured in her passing. Passing is one of the basic skills of football and Zogg sucked a couple of times at it, truth be told.

And Okeke have had games for Madrid CFF in recent times. She played (and started) the last two games for her side beforw the Copa De La Reina final. She was red carded in her last appearance.
And the fact that terming Okeke a sound performer surprises you shows you are either being ignorant of her displays in the GWG or you just haven't watched enough of Okeke in the GWG. So keep being surprised. grin

And abeg save me that weak excuse. You are talking to someone who also has Live Stadium experience. You cannot get a really close view of everything happening on the field depending on where you are sitting in the stadium. Someone watching via gadgets is even more likely to capture more angles to a game and a scenario than you who is restricted to just one view- Yours based on where you sit in the mainbowl. So your talk of being live holds no water. Thank you.

AkinDS:
Thanks for your feedback.
The fact of the matter is that Ogbonna has been in the SF setup for a long time. You expect people like that to have learnt a thing or two about intelligent play. She is slow on the ball and makes comical errors that are not acceptable from 'veterans' of the team - and that is why she is ripped into. Just like I did with Ordega, Chikwelu and Okeke. The fact that she didn't concede a penalty yesterday does not negate her poor judgement and unnecessary dilly-dallying on the ball. Her decision making skills are mediocre and frankly, she is not good enough at this level. And my comments are predicated on not just these summer series, but go back to the Antalya games she played earlier this year.
On Zoog, yes, she made a mistake BUT you could see she was trying to make a pass over the oncoming player and badly misplayed the ball. Bummer. If she had pulled off the pass, it would have been an intelligent play. I will excuse her error because this was only her second game with the team. The same cannot be said about Ogbonna.
On Okeke, sound performer? I guess that's why she is a benchwarmer at CFF Madrid, right?
Yes, we saw the same game but from different perspectives. I was fortunate to see the general movements of all players on the field, on and off the ball - something that is next to impossible if I had watched it on TV.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 5:58pm On Jun 14, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Before i answer you, how much dey your aza? cool
Lol.... answer my question first and leave money matter. grin grin

At least, I have to see wetin I wan buy before I pay.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:59pm On Jun 14, 2021
I believe Schemerkhiz would be in better position to provide you info on Osarenoma Igbinovia coz it's been a while since I heard anything prominent about her. Last I checked, she is still based in Nigeria balling for Bayelsa Queens but Schemerkhiz could update us with the latest if any on her.

do4luv14:
A question was asked about Igbinovia by PDPGUY, pls TheSuperNerd and others do the justice pls

And BTW no post Ordega pix his oooo, an no want those admirers to coman spy on original African beauty from Benue

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:03pm On Jun 14, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Mister, the total summary of your reports on Ogbonna reeked of bias. Simple. You just don't like her. You didn't even name one good thing Ogbonna did but just labelled her as entirely rubbish.
And as expected you have FAILED to point out one single major error she committed yesterday. All I see is just manufactured talking down of a player. Nothing more. Sometimes you folks forget she is still a young lass. You talk as if she is some veteran.

Now here you are making excuses for Zogg but she was atrocious at times with her passing from the two games. You never mentioned that until I did. For a player based in Europe and exposed to better football facilities and training than what a player like Ogbonna gets back home in Nigeria, I expected her to at least be assured in her passing. Passing is one of the basic skills of football and Zogg sucked a couple of times at it, truth be told.

And Okeke have had games for Madrid CFF in recent times. She played the last two games for her side beforw the Copa De La Reina. She was red carded in her last appearance.
And the fact that terming Okeke a sound performer surprises you shows you are either being ignorant of her displays in the GWG or you just haven't watched enough of Okeke in the GWG. So keep being surprised. grin

And abeg save me that weak excuse. You are talking to someone who also has Live Stadium experience. You cannot get a really close view of everything happening on the field depending on where you are sitting in the stadium. Someone watching via gadgets is even more likely to capture more angles to a game and a scenario than you who is restricted to just one view- Yours based on where you sit in the mainbowl. So your talk of being live holds no water. Thank you.

No much talk, Glory Ogbonna isn't a Superfalcon Material, I won't risk having her as a Back up at the Left Back...

She has been there since 2017 still yet nothing to write home about that I can lay my hands on that She has improved,
Pace ... Average
Pull out...??
Overlapping runs??
Decision making with the ball??
Off the ball movement??

Can easily be displaced by an intelligent forward, A player isn't supposed to be taught the basis of football at the Superfalcons level, this is something they should learn from the Academy, U17, U20, I will at least add the Nigerian Women Premier League club side..

Glory Ogbonna is a NO NO for me,

Go back and watch the Friendly game against France in 2017... 3 goals we conceded in that game were entirely her fault..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:12pm On Jun 14, 2021
Schemerkhiz:

No much talk, Glory Ogbonna isn't a Superfalcon Material, I won't risk having her as a Back up at the Left Back...

She has been there since 2017 still yet nothing to write home about that I can lay my hands on that She has improved,
Pace ... Average
Pull out...??
Overlapping runs??
Decision making with the ball??
Off the ball movement??

Can easily be displaced by an intelligent forward, A player isn't supposed to be taught the basis of football at the Superfalcons level, this is something they should learn from the Academy, U17, U20, I will at least add the Nigerian Women Premier League club side..

Glory Ogbonna is a NO NO for me,

Go back and watch the Friendly game against France in 2017... 3 goals we conceded in that game were entirely her fault..

No much talk you say but you went on to drop a half-epistle on why you just dont rate or like Ogbonna.

No one is terming her world class or anything but saying she is entirely terrible is 100% incorrect.

I remember her debut for the Super Falcons back in 2018 at the Wafu Women's Cup. Former coach Thomas Dennerby termed her his most outstanding performer at the tournament. So you want to tell me you know much better than Thomas Dennerby who took her to the 2018 AWCON and won the title?? Really?? I laugh.

See ehn, go back and watch her at the Wafu Women's Cup too and see why Dennerby singled her out for special praise.

Note, I won't start her in my first XI in the presence of better options but she is decent enough and you are wrong in your entire assessment of her. That's for sure.

This pic below is her winning one of the MOTM awards at the Wafu Women's Cup back in 2018.

Una just dey talk down Ogbonna because she no fine like Zogg.... But you go soft on Zogg because she is a beauty. Well done oooo... Bias Utd. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:24pm On Jun 14, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
I believe Schemerkhiz would be in better position to provide you info on Osarenoma Igbinovia coz it's been a while since I heard anything prominent about her. Last I checked, she is still based in Nigeria balling for Bayelsa Queens but Schemerkhiz could update us with the latest if any on her.

Osarenoma Igbinovia is currently with Edo Queens FC of Benin alongside the likes of Glory Ogbonna, Choima Wogu, Christy Ohaeriaku....

She Captained her club at the Pre Season tournament (Flying Officers Cup) late last year in Abuja but didn't play this season league games..

She's off for Personal reasons..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:25pm On Jun 14, 2021
Okay good. Thanks.

Cc Do4luv14. Here is your info. wink

Schemerkhiz:

Osarenoma Igbinovia is currently with Edo Queens FC of Benin alongside the likes of Glory Ogbonna, Choima Wogu, Christy Ohaeriaku....

She Captained her club at the Pre Season tournament (Flying Officers Cup) late last year in Abuja but didn't play this season league games..

She's off for Personal reasons..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (1089) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.