Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,767 members, 7,851,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:27 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (831536 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (1083) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 9:17pm On Jun 14, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

I totally agree. To think the poor girl is in this position because she ran over to help cover SMH
Hmm, the way you and TheSuperNerd stood up for this lady smiley. No be small thing oh. Person go even fear to shade am here next game.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 9:24pm On Jun 14, 2021
They are both pro home based players cheesy
JohnBullMySon:
Hmm, the way you and TheSuperNerd stood up for this lady smiley. No be small thing oh. Person go even fear to shade am here next game.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 9:29pm On Jun 14, 2021
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:41pm On Jun 14, 2021
JohnBullMySon:

Lol
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 9:49pm On Jun 14, 2021
isan:
They are both pro home based players cheesy
Only BascoVanVeli is. TheSuperNerd is keen on spiting the bias here grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:52pm On Jun 14, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
I think the real problem is playing out of the back. Learning to do that comes with growing pains. They are normally used to clearing the ball on sight. Also it was inexcusable to not invite Christy Ucheibe. Not only is she the best DMF available since Ayinde got injured, she is used to the type of game he is trying to implement. She even knows most of the Portuguese players personally and would have given us a better understanding.

Plus we were tactically off. We should have given them the ball and caught them on the counter attack. Trying to out-posses them backfired. Look how many people were behind the ball on the first goal. I hope we don't try that against USA.
She is not fit. Still recovering from an ACL injury.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:08pm On Jun 14, 2021
mostob:
She is not fit. Still recovering from an ACL injury.

That was years ago. She has been playing for Benfica.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 10:15pm On Jun 14, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

That was years ago. She has been playing for Benfica.
I mean currently. She is currently recuperating from a recent ACL injury.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 10:16pm On Jun 14, 2021
PDPGuy:
Whatever happened to Igbinovia? I thought she was one of the potential heirs to Ayinde’s position.
We really need quality options in the DM and CM positions, because at this rate, I’m not sure whether Chikwelu will cut it for us at the 2023 World Cup (kinda the same situation with Ebi).

Anyway, I must commend the NFF for organizing at least 9 friendlies (including the September invitational tournament) in a SINGLE calendar year for the Super Falcons. I don’t think even the SE have had to play up to 4 friendlies in a year (except for WC years). The Glass House shouldn’t relent but do more of the same next year.

I've been wondering about Igbinovia too. She used to be a delight watching. I guess she's not progressing well, also, considering the fact that she's not been lucky to tie a deal with a good foreign club since after her youth football days. You know the local league is no more what it used to be.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 10:26pm On Jun 14, 2021
AkinDS:
Thanks for your feedback.
The fact of the matter is that Ogbonna has been in the SF setup for a long time. You expect people like that to have learnt a thing or two about intelligent play. She is slow on the ball and makes comical errors that are not acceptable from 'veterans' of the team - and that is why she is ripped into. Just like I did with Ordega, Chikwelu and Okeke. The fact that she didn't concede a penalty yesterday does not negate her poor judgement and unnecessary dilly-dallying on the ball. Her decision making skills are mediocre and frankly, she is not good enough at this level. And my comments are predicated on not just these summer series, but go back to the Antalya games she played earlier this year.
On Zoog, yes, she made a mistake BUT you could see she was trying to make a pass over the oncoming player and badly misplayed the ball. Bummer. If she had pulled off the pass, it would have been an intelligent play. I will excuse her error because this was only her second game with the team. The same cannot be said about Ogbonna.
On Okeke, sound performer? I guess that's why she is a benchwarmer at CFF Madrid, right?
Yes, we saw the same game but from different perspectives. I was fortunate to see the general movements of all players on the field, on and off the ball - something that is next to impossible if I had watched it on TV.

Boss, I totally agree with you. Everything you pointed out is all I have noticed myself.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:31pm On Jun 14, 2021
JohnBullMySon:

I don't have any bias ooo. My knowledge of the local female league is very limited sef so no favorites. But u will always hear me speak out on the way we react to different player mistakes. If I was to judge Zogg like people are judging Glory, I would say she should not play football again.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:35pm On Jun 14, 2021
AkinDS:
Thanks for your feedback.
The fact of the matter is that Ogbonna has been in the SF setup for a long time. You expect people like that to have learnt a thing or two about intelligent play. She is slow on the ball and makes comical errors that are not acceptable from 'veterans' of the team - and that is why she is ripped into. Just like I did with Ordega, Chikwelu and Okeke. The fact that she didn't concede a penalty yesterday does not negate her poor judgement and unnecessary dilly-dallying on the ball. Her decision making skills are mediocre and frankly, she is not good enough at this level. And my comments are predicated on not just these summer series, but go back to the Antalya games she played earlier this year.
On Zoog, yes, she made a mistake BUT you could see she was trying to make a pass over the oncoming player and badly misplayed the ball. Bummer. If she had pulled off the pass, it would have been an intelligent play. I will excuse her error because this was only her second game with the team. The same cannot be said about Ogbonna.
On Okeke, sound performer? I guess that's why she is a benchwarmer at CFF Madrid, right?
Yes, we saw the same game but from different perspectives. I was fortunate to see the general movements of all players on the field, on and off the ball - something that is next to impossible if I had watched it on TV.

So u didn't see Zogg losing the ball numerous times because she was dwelling on the ball? I will make highlights ooo let us try to tell the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 10:42pm On Jun 14, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

No much talk you say but you went on to drop a half-epistle on why you just dont rate or like Ogbonna.

No one is terming her world class or anything but saying she is entirely terrible is 100% incorrect.

I remember her debut for the Super Falcons back in 2018 at the Wafu Women's Cup. Former coach Thomas Dennerby termed her his most outstanding performer at the tournament. So you want to tell me you know much better than Thomas Dennerby who took her to the 2018 AWCON and won the title?? Really?? I laugh.

See ehn, go back and watch her at the Wafu Women's Cup too and see why Dennerby singled her out for special praise.

Note, I won't start her in my first XI in the presence of better options but she is decent enough and you are wrong in your entire assessment of her. That's for sure.

This pic below is her winning one of the MOTM awards at the Wafu Women's Cup back in 2018.

Una just dey talk down Ogbonna because she no fine like Zogg.... But you go soft on Zogg because she is a beauty. Well done oooo... Bias Utd. grin

You really like this girl o! For you to keep defending her. She is not a Super falcons material, simple! Fine or no fine! This, I have observed over time. Even after mentioning her several weaknesses, but you still think they're being biased?

You made mention of wafu cup. That competition was wack, bro, it lacked real quality I was not impressed with the Nigerian team either, even though they won. And... What, exactly, did she do there?.. And at 2018 AWCON, what was her responsibility?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:44pm On Jun 14, 2021
You all can rewatch the game again, for better assessment and all that..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brew0ngwDTA

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:46pm On Jun 14, 2021
CoolJulian:

You really like this girl o! For you to keep defending her. She is not a Super falcons material, simple! Fine or no fine! This, I have observed over time.

You made mention of wafu cup. That competition was wack, bro, it lacked real quality I was not impressed with the Nigerian team either, even though they won. And... What, exactly, did she do there?.. And at 2018 AWCON, what was her responsibility?

The real question is what is your problem with her. Over how many words and u didn't mention one noteworthy reason why she is not SF material. Now u are downing wafu when that team defeated the same ladies that kept us from the Olympics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:51pm On Jun 14, 2021
mostob:
I mean currently. She is currently recuperating from a recent ACL injury.

Sorry Christy Ucheibe is not injured, she's very fit and fine..
The ACL you're talking about happened during one of the training for the 2018 AWCON qualification game...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 11:01pm On Jun 14, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
I think the real problem is playing out of the back. Learning to do that comes with growing pains. They are normally used to clearing the ball on sight. Also it was inexcusable to not invite Christy Ucheibe. Not only is she the best DMF available since Ayinde got injured, she is used to the type of game he is trying to implement. She even knows most of the Portuguese players personally and would have given us a better understanding.

Plus we were tactically off. We should have given them the ball and caught them on the counter attack. Trying to out-posses them backfired. Look how many people were behind the ball on the first goal. I hope we don't try that against USA.

This Christy Ucheibe wey una just dey hype anyhow... Hope she turns good whenever she comes around. Me, no dey use U20 football take judge player o!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 11:11pm On Jun 14, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

The real question is what is your problem with her. Over how many words and u didn't mention one noteworthy reason why she is not SF material. Now u are downing wafu when that team defeated the same ladies that kept us from the Olympics.

First, you are taking this personal. I am just giving my opinion. A lot has been mentioned. Or... You didn't note Where agreed with Akin?
I repeat, wafu was wack!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 11:19pm On Jun 14, 2021
Please, kindly make the highlights as I will be very much interested in seeing them.
BascoVanVeli:

So u didn't see Zogg losing the ball numerous times because she was dwelling on the ball? I will make highlights ooo let us try to tell the truth.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:33pm On Jun 14, 2021
AkinDS:
Please, kindly make the highlights as I will be very much interested in seeing them.

No I won't do her like that. I can point out the time and u can go and check.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:41pm On Jun 14, 2021
CoolJulian:

This Christy Ucheibe wey una just dey hype anyhow... Hope she turns good whenever she comes around. Me, no dey use U20 football take judge player o!
How are we hyping her? She plays q position we are thin at and no I am not judging by U20. She has been playing well for Benfica.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:46pm On Jun 14, 2021
Vivian Ikechukwu did enough to start next match if Oshoala is out. She created at least 2 chances I remember. The header to Ordega that was cleared and the lay off to Ajibade. She is much stronger than I thought and I would like to see her as a #9.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:26am On Jun 15, 2021
I stopped at the bolded.

Same old cheap lines used all because I am saying the truth.
Infact, I must be shagging her too abi. grin grin

Funny tots. Una bias no be here.

CoolJulian:

You really like this girl o! For you to keep defending her. She is not a Super falcons material, simple! Fine or no fine! This, I have observed over time. Even after mentioning her several weaknesses, but you still think they're being biased?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:33am On Jun 15, 2021
Finally, another mention of this young lady. I also noticed her industry when she came on. Quite an exciting prospect that I would love to see again. Interesting to note that she is another locally based lass.
We do have a some nice ballers from the local front I must confess from Monday Gift to the likes of this Ikechukwu of Rivers Angels.

BascoVanVeli:
Vivian Ikechukwu did enough to start next match if Oshoala is out. She created at least 2 chances I remember. The header to Ordega that was cleared and the lay off to Ajibade. She is much stronger than I thought and I would like to see her as a #9.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:37am On Jun 15, 2021
JohnBullMySon:

Just doing the Lord's work, My Son. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:39am On Jun 15, 2021
JohnBullMySon:

Hahahahahaha... This guy sef....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:58am On Jun 15, 2021
Roosa Ariyo Is fine and fit, it's Coach decision that she wasn't dressed for the game against Portugal..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 4:04am On Jun 15, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

I disagree oh. Let's not turn this girl to a Bimbo. She lost ball, yes. Numerous times no. She's still very reliable at the back.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 4:05am On Jun 15, 2021
Schemerkhiz:
Roosa Ariyo Is fine and fit, it's Coach decision that she wasn't dressed for the game against Portugal..
So she's playing US?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 6:55am On Jun 15, 2021
Gift Monday has done more in her few minutes cameo than Vivian , gift Monday should start ahead of her
BascoVanVeli:
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:55am On Jun 15, 2021
isan:
Gift Monday has done more in her few minutes cameo than Vivian , gift Monday should start ahead of her

What did she do?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:57am On Jun 15, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

I stopped at the bolded.

Same old cheap lines used all because I am saying the truth.
Infact, I must be shagging her too abi. grin grin

Funny tots. Una bias no be here.

Their reverse psychology no be here. Always trying to win argument without making points

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (1083) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.