Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,320 members, 7,957,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:11 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (256) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (932988 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (1181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 7:05pm On Oct 24, 2021
First Oshoola as always was absent from the game. She wasted clear chances and displayed no motivation in front of play. She needs to sit on the bench for a few games.

The team doesn't inspire confidence. They couldn't conveniently string a couple of passes. At best we saw the individual brilliance of the player's which wasn't much.

The coach really needs to sit up, he seem to be lacking technically..

Glad we are on to the next stage, but if we meet a team like south Africa we will likely be thrown out
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 7:05pm On Oct 24, 2021
I must also say the two fullbacks are farmers especially the left back
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by dankorode(m): 7:06pm On Oct 24, 2021
samtol4:
What a tough match. I wonder how CAF make their qualifiers draw. Why should Nigeria and Ghana play against each other in women qualifiers?
not fair at all
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 7:06pm On Oct 24, 2021
With this style of play you won't get the best out of oshoala
lovewins:
First Oshoola as always was absent from the game. She wasted clear chances and displayed no motivation in front of play. She needs to sit on the bench for a few games.

The team doesn't inspire confidence. They couldn't conveniently string a couple of passes. At best we saw the individual brilliance of the player's which wasn't much.

Glad we are on to the next stage, but if we meet a team like south Africa we will likely be thrown out
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by dankorode(m): 7:08pm On Oct 24, 2021
isan:
wetin be their name?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 7:09pm On Oct 24, 2021
Nigeria and south Africa will stroll to the final most of the big teams that pose problem will be eliminated in the qualifier
lovewins:

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 7:09pm On Oct 24, 2021
So, when did a media officer become an authority on team strength and analysis?
This shows she knows absolutely nothing about football.
Nigeria was lucky not to have lost this game. Very poor team performance and I am beginning to lose patience with Randy and his poor tactics.

The Ghanaian coach, not only insulted Nigeria by claiming our players were not intelligent, also proved it with her team beating the Falcons. This team can't win jack at the WAFCON and I don't see them beating Cote D'Ivoire in the next knockout match. This team is poor!!!
Schemerkhiz:
ONLY ONE player in Black Queens is a threat to Nigeria, we’ll beat them!”-Super Falcons Media Officer

The Super Falcons of Nigeria touched down in Ghana on Saturday ahead of their AWCON qualifiers return league against the Black Queens at the Accra Sports Stadium.

The Super Falcons won the first league encounter in Nigeria on Wednesday by 2-0 in the ongoing African Women’s Cup of Nations qualifiers.

According to the Media Communication Officer of the Nigerian female national team Mrs. Oluchi Tobe-Chukwu, they hope to sustain their lead in Accra to book a place in the upcoming AWCON tournament in Morocco.

In an interview with Mrs. Oluchi Tobe-Chukwu on ghanasportspage.com, she stated ”For every player or every team you just need to be optimistic. Both teams want to win but the team that wins is the one with more hunger. We are coming with two goals lead and we hope to sustain that and not to try to concede but very confident that we will bypass this thing.

“We came with best legs, we have very experienced defense and this is the team totally different from the one that was paraded during the Aisha Buhari Cup. We are optimistic that we will be on top.” She said.

Of course, we are not here to joke, we are here for business, we are nine(9) times African Champions and we want to increase the number of times we have won the African Championship, we want to lead every African Country to maintain our record” She added.

Not really, the only player that seems to be a threat to our team is the one who was wearing the number five(5) jersey during the first leg clash in Nigeria [Grace Asantewaa], a fine deliberate player, she has a relationship with the ball, she knows what want to do with the ball. she told Ghanasportspage.com

The Super Falcons played their first international game against Ghana on 16 February 1991 with a 5-1 victory over the Black Queens.

Nigeria won the previous AWCON tournament after beating Bayana Bayana of South Africa in the finals. The competition was held in Ghana.

The second leg is scheduled for Sunday October 24 in Accra.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:09pm On Oct 24, 2021
lovewins:

If she carved out chances how did she show no motivation? Doesn't she have to be motivated to get those chances
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 7:10pm On Oct 24, 2021
Opeyemi sunday and gloria ogbonna
dankorode:
wetin be their name?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 7:11pm On Oct 24, 2021
When I said she was poor and lacked basic skills during the summer series in Texas, I was told by some know it all's here that I was biased and hated her.
Well, at least you seem to agree.
isan:
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 7:12pm On Oct 24, 2021
This coach clearly know nothing about african football , he thinks it is just kick and rush and speed
AkinDS:
So, when did a media officer become an authority on team strength and analysis?
This shows she knows absolutely nothing about football.
Nigeria was lucky not to have lost this game. Very poor team performance and I am beginning to lose patience with Randy and his poor tactics.

The Ghanaian coach, not only insulted Nigeria by claiming our players were not intelligent, also proved it with her team beating the Falcons. This team can't win jack at the WAFCON and I don't see them beating Cote D'Ivoire in the next knockout match. This team is poor!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 7:15pm On Oct 24, 2021
With this farmer as a coach we will never get the best of attacking talent , why did we retreat into our half in the second half ? even when ghana got a red card we still park the bus
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Klammer01(m): 7:16pm On Oct 24, 2021
I nono say rohr better pass randy. Omogbemi is better than randy, I don't know why NFF likes signing coach that don't have tactics. It better we sack this man now before it is too late.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 7:21pm On Oct 24, 2021
Please we need Maryann Ezenagu, Patience George, Ashleigh Plumptre, Zogg, Peter Ejeh's girls and co in our next match against Cote d' Ivoire.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 7:21pm On Oct 24, 2021
Omagbemi's team was far more enterprising and played fast, good football.
I have seen high school teams play better football than these guys.
What nonsense.
Klammer01:
I nono say rohr better pass randy. Omogbemi is better than randy, I don't know why NFF likes signing coach that don't have tactics. It better we sack this man now before it is too late.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 7:25pm On Oct 24, 2021
And omagbemi team wasn't as talented as this present team , Ajibade , payne , nnadozie , regina otu are not part of her team
AkinDS:
What nonsense.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by kheny12(m): 7:27pm On Oct 24, 2021
It seems NFF have deals with the half baked coaches they hire to coach Nigerian senior national team.This coach is a scam.Omagbemi should be called back to coach the team.And we need fresh legs.The final minutes of the game want to give me HIgh blood pressure.We are playing ivory coast next,we need to be very careful because they were the team that denied us Olympics qualification.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:29pm On Oct 24, 2021
AkinDS:
What nonsense.

We can't compare, from 2009 till date Florence Omagbemi team seems to be the best seconded by Ngozi Uche Eucharia, then Edwin Okon to follow..

Khadiri Ikhana, Christopher Danjuma, Thomas Dennerby and Randy Waldrum doesn't come close..

If NFF had respected Coach Florence Omagbemi and giving her the needed support the Superfalcons would have grown to the World class taste we have been waiting for..

See Coach Desire Elli's still getting better and better with the South African side..
She and Omagbemi were given their various job almost the same time.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 7:29pm On Oct 24, 2021
So pissed.
Oshoala speaking grammar up and down, giving all sorts of dumb and silly excuses for her mediocre performance and playing like a headless chicken. Barcelona my arse!
That ragtag Ghanaian coach was right about the Nigerian players lack of footballing intelligence.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:32pm On Oct 24, 2021
Let this Crew head the team... I can no longer support this shit I'm seeing, the time of patience is over..

Head Coach; Florence Omagbemi
1st Assistant; Mercy Akide Udoh
2nd Assistant; Perpetual Nkwocha..

I can't see any contribution from Coach Ann Chiejene and Wemimo.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 7:35pm On Oct 24, 2021
Omagbemi's team was ruthless and they played beautiful football.
They got rid of her because she asked for the authorities to pay what was due them, yet she got axed for it and this useless, unintelligent clown was brought in. God knows how much the guy is being paid?
We need Omagbemi back!!! This guy ain't taking us no where!!! At this rate, Cote D'Ivoire will wallop this team.
First it was South Africa, then Ghana, then it will be Cote D'Ivoire.
Schemerkhiz:

We can't compare, from 2009 till date Florence Omagbemi team seems to be the best seconded by Ngozi Uche Eucharia, then Edwin Okon to follow..

Khadiri Ikhana, Christopher Danjuma, Thomas Dennerby and Randy Waldrum doesn't come close..

If NFF had respected Coach Florence Omagbemi and giving her the needed support the Superfalcons would have grown to the World class taste we have been waiting for..

See Coach Desire Elli's still getting better and better with the South African side..
She and Omagbemi were given their various job almost the same time.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:35pm On Oct 24, 2021
This Coaching Crew needs to go....

I was surprised to see Mercy Akide Udoh comments on Facebook during game.. she clearly stated was needed to be done, I was like I wish she was the one heading the team..

Ghana U20 Assistant just sent me a message that this isn't the Superfalcons she used to know, That Ghana were superior but they couldn't take the chance and luck wasn't on their side..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:37pm On Oct 24, 2021
AkinDS:
They got rid of her because she asked for the authorities to pay what was due them, yet she got axed for it and this useless, unintelligent clown was brought in. God knows how much the guy is being paid?
We need Omagbemi back!!! This guy ain't taking us no where!!! At this rate, Cote D'Ivoire will wallop this team.

Florence Omagbemi is such a Confident Lady who doesn't take nonsense, They Couldn't control her, they wanted to interfere with her Players Selection but she gave them no room for that, this were among the reason the relieved her of the position..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 7:42pm On Oct 24, 2021
You need to let that media officer know that she was grossly irresponsible in saying what she did about the Ghanaians only having one good player and Nigeria will beat them again. That was extremely arrogant and classless on her part.
She also needs to be told to relay to the coaching crew that fans are not going to stand for the absolute crap performance we has seen over the past 4 games, losing to South Africa scandalously at home and now losing to a poor Ghanaian team.
The drumbeats are getting louder for the whole lot of them to be fired!
Schemerkhiz:
This Coaching Crew needs to go....

I was surprised to see Mercy Akide Udoh comments on Facebook during game.. she clearly stated was needed to be done, I was like I wish she was the one heading the team..

Ghana U20 Assistant just sent me a message that this isn't the Superfalcons she used to know, That Ghana were superior but they couldn't take the chance and luck wasn't on their side..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by justicechichex: 7:48pm On Oct 24, 2021
So the falcons are playing Cote'd Voire. Same team that stopped them from going to the Olympics this year ba?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:56pm On Oct 24, 2021
As it stands Coach Randy Waldrum and his Crew need to Goooooo...

Madam Media Officer wha get Pride na i wan talk to... Hmmm never!!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:21pm On Oct 24, 2021
See what the Ghanaian U20 women Assistant Coach just said

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by robosky02(m): 8:38pm On Oct 24, 2021
AkinDS:

I thought I was the only one on this ....

See both our male and female team at this point got no business with the rookie white coaches

When we have hungry ex international na can make the difference

Waldron is even doing super falcons job as part time couple with his college job in USA imaging the insult

Part time coach on a serious full time national job?

OK what input has he made on the team

In the US invitational game I was ashamed when Jamaica beat us

Abi na the Aisha cup for Lagos..... South Africa. Trashed us
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 8:57pm On Oct 24, 2021
The coach seem to believe in negative football. Also that ogbonna is not the best we should be offering at that position. The coach does a poor job of reading players ability in my opinion.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:59pm On Oct 24, 2021
GeneralDae:
The coach seem to believe in negative football. Also that ogbonna is not the best we should be offering at that position. The coach does a poor job of reading players ability in my opinion.

If the head coach is making a wrong decision, the Assistants are there to work with him not just sit on the bench..The whole Coaching Crew should just goooooo.. period
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:26pm On Oct 24, 2021
Anyway the Coaches isn't only the Problem here, the Players also no team play from them just individual brilliance and trying to save their names...

The Captain band issue is also on ground..
The best decision will be to change the Coach and change the captain too...

No unity among them at all.
Since Asisat Oshoala assumed the mantle of Captain the team has been on regression more and more.. under Thomas Dennerby was a little bit better.!

Insider�
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:24am On Oct 25, 2021
Highlights of yesterday's match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4ugs7TOr_g

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (1181) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.